TJ09

2012-05-21 - Happy 6th Birthday!

Will influencing the Sunnies make them require more views to hatch - like the Tinsels do? I keep reading about their needing so many more views than the Tidals and was curious.

Will influencing the Sunnies make them require more views to hatch - like the Tinsels do? I keep reading about their needing so many more views than the Tidals and was curious.

InfluencingIncubating tinsels increases their chance of getting sick, not the amount of views they need specifically. Influencing doesn't actually do anything. ;)

ETA: ... and now I'm even more likely to believe my own little name theory because UV is pretty high... so maybe they need a lot more views because of that? =P (I mean it's plausible if it's a breed related thingy like tinsels getting sick after incubation)

ETA 2: Incubate, not influence. ^^" ... and now I've been ninja'd by a later post. XD

Edited by Varekis

Okay, I can say from personal experience now that the Sunshines take more views to hatch, haha. They're getting views at a faster rate than my Tidals are apparently, even though all are in the same ERs.

Well, they drop in all biomes, like rares tend to...

Influencing them won't change their needs, but incubating will. The lower an egg's timer goes, the fewer views it needs to hatch, but the cave seems to still see incubated eggs as their original age, so more views are required.

My sunnies hatched with about 2000 views and I influence and incubate

and actually it is incubate not influence that tends to make tinsels sick

as an incubated egg takes more V/UV to hatch and ering a tinsel gives them too many views too fast

the Sunnies don't seem to be a "fragile" they just need more views than most "normal" dragon eggs

ninja.gif 'd I type sooooo slow laugh.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

another sun hatched and I grebbed another egg smile.gif

my two Shiny babyis have these stats

2,854 / 692 / 2

2,618 / 672 / 1

both hatched at 3d 23hrs boht were influenced (while on CD) and incubated (an hour before hatching)

both were also viewbombed and got over 1700 views with 600+ UVs in the first 24 hrs.

another thing i wanted to thank TJ for is finally releasing a new dragon in the Coastal cave happy.gif hopefully this will make catching Nebbies and GW's in the Alpine and Dessert easier now >.< well i can wish lol

Woworz, that's a lot of views for an eggy! Funny that though, I always assumed UVs (*giggles* *shot*) were more 'important' when it came to determining egg hatching. o: How did you rack up so many views and not so many UVs? By the time my hatchies get over 4k views, they usually have around 1k UVs.

@ below: Oh yeah, ERs... totes forgot about those. biggrin.gif

Yup, ER. I didn't put my eggs on fan sites straight away as it's often liek that with new releases that they get sick if you put them too soon.

Well, it's a hatchie now tongue.gif

Got another sunny and got a hybrid from someone ^^

Can't wait till they hatch and grow up!

Come on little ones, grow up! I'm so eager to see the adult sprites! I REALLY want to see the Hybrids. 0_0

Also, i'm still open for breeding Second Gen Hybrids if anyone needs/wants one! No need for anything in return, i'm just happy to share the love! ♥

Hmm...I am not quite so sure that the new sunlights will be rare, after all the pinks/purples/magis(orange) and blacks appear in all biomes.

However....just in case, I will collect as many as I can. laugh.gif

Edited by Dubious

Finally I managed to get at least one of each.

Now I can lean back and wait for them to grow up tongue.gif

Anything we can say about the rarity of these dragons is pure speculation, since we have not had the release of a true rare almost since the cave began. I think one reason for the drops mixing in other dragons so soon is simply that the sunny ones are dropping in all biomes. Therefore the balancing of ratios should happen more quickly than if they were only dropping in one.

Sunlights aren't sooo bad, I guess they do hatch pretty much like tinsels.

Mine (who were incubated) got sick ~five minutes before they were supposed to hatch.

But they ALL hatched on time, with ~4300 Vs and ~550 UVs

The one with 4200 views didn't even get sick. =o

But I didn't have to wait till anything lower than the exact time they were supposed to hatch, at 4 days.

Wow, I wasn't awake when it hatched, but my Sunny egg hatched at almost 4,000 views, while my Tidal eggs hatched at almost 2,000 views.

Sunnies really do seem to need a lot to hatch and the one I have that should have hatched already is being really stubborn...

Edit: Finally!

Views: 5049, Unique Views: 452, Clicks: 10

Edited by Nakuru

All my eggies hatched in under 2500 views and 700 unique views with no clicks at all thus so far i have not noticed being stubborn to hatch.

Oooh, so close to adults!

Just decided to resort my hatchies out of boredom (I'm a professional procrastinator, guise) to guess the name of the hybrid since currently it seems to be the only one without much name speculation. xd.png I'm going to take a stab at "Ultraviolet" as being the name of the hybrid dragon. o3o I mean, it's purple (violet) and likes warmth (UV light)? biggrin.gif

ETA: Limestone for sunlight eggs? o^o I honestly have no idea for those guys. biggrin.gif

I love the idea of an Ultraviolet dragon

for some reason I keep thinking of Lion or Leonine as a summer sign bu the "picking over it's scales" has me puzzled.

ETA Lightscale dragon? unsure.gif

Edited by velvet_paw

its exciting waiting for them to grow up hehe Im happy with my scroll for the moment except for one egg i got on accident so I tried to bite it and well poor little thing died sad.gif

Can´t wait to see the adults.

Thus far, I can´t really get warm with the hybrids, but the golden ones are nice.

InfluencingIncubating tinsels increases their chance of getting sick, not the amount of views they need specifically. Influencing doesn't actually do anything. wink.gif

ETA: ... and now I'm even more likely to believe my own little name theory because UV is pretty high... so maybe they need a lot more views because of that? =P (I mean it's plausible if it's a breed related thingy like tinsels getting sick after incubation)

ETA 2: Incubate, not influence. ^^" ... and now I've been ninja'd by a later post. xd.png

Yeh *blush* had a brain-fart when I started typing the In part of Incubate and just kept typing Influence. Sheee! Thanks for the info tho - won't bother doing it then.