TJ09

2012-05-21 - Happy 6th Birthday!

my hybrids hatched! smile.gif

I'm actually thinking they're rare because of the unusual amount of time they're taking to hatch, similar to the way the Tinsels take forever to hatch. I haven't had enough metalic dragons to remember how long they take to hatch, so the theory is imperfect, but the fact remains that they have an unusually long hatching period.

We'll see if they take an overly long time to mature, though.

Oh, so it's not just the usual hatching difficulties seen during new releases? Are the Tidals having any trouble too?

All mine are going to be thrown into the ER in the next hour, guess I'll find out soon enough.

People are speculating that the sunshines will be rare, but aren't Fogs found in every biome? I always hear talk that "there's no such thing as rarity in DC, it's all speculative" so I don't know what to think anymore. Rare or not, hope I can catch a couple more.

While in many cases rareness is a matter of opinion (blacks, stripes, I'm lookin' at you), I believe there are certain true levels of rareness. Golds and silvers in the top tier, then trios/dinos/cheeses/papers, then everything else, more or less.

There are a few things about these guys making me think they're rare:

- Within two days they had already ceased mass dropping

- They require far more views than the water ones to hatch. All of my water ones hit final stage hatching before 4d; the goldens I had to plunk in ERs for an hour.

- They're dropping everywhere; while not ALWAYS a sign of rarity, true rares do drop in every biome.

I have a feeling the waters will simply be trio-level rarity, to add a bit of spice to the usually placid coast.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I haven't had enough metalic dragons to remember how long they take to hatch

The few metallics I got in the last weeks gave me more or less the same scenario than Tinsels. Reaching stade 5 long after the others, needing way more views to hatch, usually hatching at 3d22h to 3d19h when my other eggs hatch the minute they reach 3d23h...

So, yup... same scenario, most likely rares.

Edited by fallen_leaf

2 of my Sunny eggs should have hatched already... 2300+ views, down to 3 days and 23 hours, and...nadda. :S

People are speculating that the sunshines will be rare, but aren't Fogs found in every biome? I always hear talk that "there's no such thing as rarity in DC, it's all speculative" so I don't know what to think anymore. Rare or not, hope I can catch a couple more.

Well, whatever rarity is - whether perception or reality - Silvers and Golds show up the least, so I think that's the standard people are using, as opposed to how the ratios may be set, or what site coding does.

But you're right that it is speculation because a. the biomes are still fairly new and we haven't seen how all scenarios play out with them, and b. we've never had a release of an egg equivalent to Silvers and Golds before, so we have no idea how that would go.

However, I don't think we're going to be able to judge these eggs based on the behavior of the original dragons, because most of the old dragons show up in every biome and the more recent ones seem to have more set biomes, even those that are in more than one.

That, of course, doesn't mean that these are rare. For all we know, TJ's trying something new by introducing a common that fits all biomes. But conventional wisdom has been the idea that if it falls in only one biome then it can't be more than uncommon, and if it falls in all biomes than it's rare. But, again, that's all speculation because we have so little experience with the biomes and with rare releases.

What I think would be hilarious is if we all horde the Sunlights and then they turn out to be more common than Stones in the end. xd.png

All of my originally nabbed eggs have hatched now. Here's the stats, views first, UV second:

Water: 1,430 / 613

Sunny: 2,502 / 697

Hybrid: 1,070 / 532

I'm up to over 2800 views on my two Sunnys that should have hatched, and still nothing. dry.gif

What I think would be hilarious is if we all horde the Sunlights and then they turn out to be more common than Stones in the end. xd.png

Yeeeeeessssss! xd.png But that's what happened with the Turps, right? xd.png

And success! At over 3000 views, I finally have sunny hatchlings! Yay! smile.gif

I just snagged 4 more Sunnys and 1 Wave! I'm finding the Waves harder to snag than the Sunnys. I'm going to try and snag two more Waves in the morning.

Good luck on the hunt everyone.

Yeeeeeessssss! XD But that's what happened with the Turps, right? XD

The Moonstones and Sunstones were kind of like that too, lol. But with the Sunshines, I guess it's better to play it safe rather than sorry.

I'm personally hoping these aren't rare because Corteo appears to be the spriter, and as I like all the dragons they've done so far, chances are I'll like this one too =P You betcha I'm bias.

My first batch of 7 hatched (4 sunlights, 3 waves). I grabbed two more waves and another sunlight and finally bred 4 hybrids.

So far have 2 of each of the 3 new eggs, just waiting for them to hatch. Can't wait to see what the adult sprites look like!! poptartFINALTINY.gif

wowowow

*goes to cave*

EDIT: first page WOOT!

*abondons three CB spitfires to make room*

bet you were spitting fire when you found out the third was a mix of the spits you just dumped xd.png.

Nine -- How can you tell Corteo did them, do you recognize a style or something

Finally got my breeding pairs ;D I hope they gender correctly *crosses fingers*

Can't wait to pick up 2 more in the next hour, or so.

@Mysfytt: The "Currently Being Released" page on the wiki may have helped a bit. The names are also found at the bottom of the hatchlings page already too ~

Edited by DeathCry

There we go! First one hatched, and it's a Turquoise!

What did it? Well, if I went into specifics I'd get a warning, so I won't. Let's just say there's a funny adult bedtime book that's gone viral and even has a video with Samuel L. Jackson reading it, and I took a contrarian cue from that.

Stats:

Turquoise 1: 1,593/445/8

Turquoise 2:1,580/454/6

Waverocker 1: 1,630/440/2

Waverocker 2: 1,807/465/4

Sunlight 1: 4,429/545/4 Dang!!

Sunlight 2: 5,018/512/1

Removed the names, one of my Sunlights got softshell.

Edited by Xocowolf

bet you were spitting fire when you found out the third was a mix of the spits you just dumped xd.png.

Nine -- How can you tell Corteo did them, do you recognize a style or something

Corteo is credited for the hatchies at the bottom of their page, so it's not too hard to assume they had a hand in the adults as well. :3

..... trying to get the new sunny eggs... I got a cb gold egg instead... I dont know wether to be epicly happy, or miffed... I managed to snag a new egg in the end, but I was blink.gif and then xd.png It is my first Cb metallic other than the newer ones, so I guess EPICNESS 3 new eggs, a gold egg, and a couple semi rares, good week on DC

..... trying to get the new sunny eggs... I got a cb gold egg instead... I dont know wether to be epicly happy, or miffed... I managed to snag a new egg in the end, but I was blink.gif and then xd.png It is my first Cb metallic other than the newer ones, so I guess EPICNESS 3 new eggs, a gold egg, and a couple semi rares, good week on DC

Sounds like a great haul! Congrats on the CB Gold biggrin.gif .

My Sunshines are also taking their sweet time (and a lot of views) to hatch...

I haven't even seen a sunny and the coast was egg blocked with unwanteds nearly 40 minutes. *tired now* I tried breeding 22 rares this week all with fert and every one was a fail. Not my week, LOL I'll try again tomorrow.

I haven't even seen a sunny and the coast was egg blocked with unwanteds nearly 40 minutes. *tired now* I tried breeding 22 rares this week all with fert and every one was a fail. Not my week, LOL I'll try again tomorrow.

0.o Wow, better luck to you tomorrow!