TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Caught one yesterday, but other than that, haven't had any luck catching any more. Ah well, still happy with the one I caught!

After gifting the six I caught yesterday, I have caught another four. I will keep two for myself for now.

Am trying to wait impatiently for TJ's hatchie to grow up xd.png

I've caught two and solved my problem of the password wasn't logging out or in so I could change it.

I managed to catch only two turpentine eggs. Caught a regular egg at the one drop instead of a turp egg. Couldn't catch any at the 2 or 3 drop. Makes me wonder how in the devil I manged to catch 2 at the 1 drop. Geesh. Also managed to influence them. I see I may have to breed them for a 2nd pair the luck I am having in getting a 2nd lot from the cave.

Just caught my 6th turpentine influenced & incubated so I now have 3 potential pairs in case of refusals, also gifted some I caught yesterday.

Edited by velvet_paw

Whoa! How did I miss this?! xd.png Snagged one so far.

Oh! And thanks to the DC Team and Creator!

Edited by Quill

Curious about the theme... why turpentine? That's something quite mundane, so there could be a hidden attraction, a bsa?

Varnish? Something to make stuff shine? New sprite?

Is there a limit of 5?

I read here someone says they have 6.

Is there a limit of 5?

The only limit on these is how many you are allowed on your scroll per scroll limits for trophies. This only applies to how many eggs you can have at a time. But as far as how many you can have, it is as many as you can catch and raise.

Edited by rubyshoes

Is there a limit of 5?

You can have as many as your tropy stage allows. I have seven.

Is there a limit of 5?

There are no "limits' other than your scroll limit defined by your trophy level=

4- 5 - 6- 7, and once hatched you can get the same # again should you choose to do so-- these are NOT a holiday release, but will be a permanent addition to the cave.

ninja.gif 'd I type so slooooooow rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Is there a limit of 5?

smile.gif THANK YOU!

Curious about the theme... why turpentine? That's something quite mundane, so there could be a hidden attraction, a bsa?

Maybe if you breed them with an ember or a magma, your scroll explodes. laugh.gif

Caught me another spare at the 5-minute mark; once it's off cooldown, I'll find some deserving soul to drop it on... muahahahahah...

I've been stalking these in hopes of grabbing some for gifting, but after my initial two (which are happily influenced), I haven't gotten any more. :/

I'll keep trying though! I wanna snatxh a few and make people's days. ♥

where are they being dropped? D:

Desert, but there never seem to be any eggs there since EVERYONE wants a turpentine... >_>

Hurrah! Just picked up my third. Now with a lot of luck, at least one will be female and one'll be male.... *crosses fingers*

I wish the desert wasn't so empty often... I just got up for bring your kids to work day. And I couldn't find any. It's empty as always.

Lucky! My school didn't do the "bring your kids to work day" eventhough they should have, so then all because of that, I only have one turpentine now. Just got one, and gave my other two away to people that didn't have any... Guess I'll have to wait till the next hour. Only once did I see a 5 minute drop, and it was just the end of it; a spitfire egg. Ya know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna see if I can't start grabing and filling all of my egg slots with turpentines, and then send them off to the AP for those that are slower at getting them in the caves (plus it might losen up the cave a little for some other people because they'll be checking the AP as well. smile.gif).

I love your ideas... ^^

Try right at the top of the hour. That is when the big drop starts. There are a few eggs dropped every 5 minutes, too, but they are snatched so quickly that you may never see them.

Really? The Desert is always empty whenever I check it, like everyday >.<

Try checking it at five minute marks or at the top of the hour, then refresh until some eggs show up.

Edited by Keeper_of_Fire

When my scroll frees up (it will soon!) I will be catching Turps to gift to people who haven't had any luck.

smile.gif I'll edit this post when I have some I can gift, because you always need to spread the love

Edited by xChemi