TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Yes! New drops always seem to bring out all the greed in some people. It's pretty pathetic.

I doubt the people asking high prices for their turpentines are trying to take advantage of newbies who can't catch them. After all, if you can't catch a new release, where would you get expensive items to trade for them?

The new release trade exchange is usually with wealthy, long-established players with huge scrolls who want five or ten of each gender of every dragon but don't want to interrupt their complex breeding projects for a week to pick up CB eggs, so they're willing to breed some of their existing tinsels or metals in exchange for a bunch of the new hatchies.

Seeing interesting new deals pop up on the trade threads is one of the best parts of new releases, IMHO, and not amoral at all. The trade threads are kind of dull most of the time TBH. It's nice to see bursts of activity with people trading common hatchlings for fancy lineaged eggs and vice versa. :-)

And newbies really have only to wait for a few days and they'll find that these eggs will be common as dirt soon, in all likelihood...

I doubt the people asking high prices for their turpentines are trying to take advantage of newbies who can't catch them. After all, if you can't catch a new release, where would you get expensive items to trade for them?

The new release trade exchange is usually with wealthy, long-established players with huge scrolls who want five or ten of each gender of every dragon but don't want to interrupt their complex breeding projects for a week to pick up CB eggs, so they're willing to breed some of their existing tinsels or metals in exchange for a bunch of the new hatchies.

Seeing interesting new deals pop up on the trade threads is one of the best parts of new releases, IMHO, and not amoral at all. The trade threads are kind of dull most of the time TBH. It's nice to see bursts of activity with people trading common hatchlings for fancy lineaged eggs and vice versa. :-)

And newbies really have only to wait for a few days and they'll find that these eggs will be common as dirt soon, in all likelihood...

Agreeing with this. If anything, new releases are the best times for newbies to try to trade for more valuable eggs they otherwise couldn't get. These new eggs might be the most valuable thing they can get their hands on, save through others generosity.

Edited by Nectaris

Finally got my four so I'm happy.

Like everyone else, I can't wait to see the adults. It was quite a surprise to see the new release (I was bopping around a hatchery when I saw the new egg and thought WTF!?), although we were due for one. Good luck to everyone else still catching. Two eggs I caught during hourly drops, the other two I caught during the 5 minute drops. Not impossible so keep trying!

Don't lose hope on these new releases! As tjekan said, they will more than likely be pretty common soon. I have a horrid connection, it's normally rated F, and on a good day I get a whopping D-. I've managed to nab them without too much difficulty.

So keep on going! Trade threads are what they are, don't worry about what others are trading them for. And we will be gifting these in the Breeding/Gifting thread in a few days, so always ways to get them. wink.gif

I waited for the 9 drop and managed to catch 2 but when I went to influence couldn't remember password and when I put it in it came back saying it was invalid. sad.gif

-content removed, please be sure your comments are relavent to the news topic.-

Edited by rubyshoes

Quoted for the truth.

wheee, after unsuccessfully trying to catch one, a nice forum user gifted me one! <3<3<3

the hatchies are cute, I can't wait to see the adults.

Wish they would change biomes. Trying not to catch anything else til I get a few of them.

13 hours and I'll have 7 new babies and can finally try and snag some more. It feels like forever. lol And it seems like it's going to take ages for TJs to grow up already!

I assume the mass drops are now over?

Edited by MedievalMystic

Finally got 4 more to lock me and the last hourly. Happily at 6 with 4 influenced and incubated smile.gif

ONE minute, that's really a big drop... rolleyes.gif

Thank you to a second gifter! Now I have two, none caught myself.

Yipes I still only have one. Maybe next drop will be the charm. I just really want a pair since it sounds like these will be hard to breed.

That's the same as always. just locked myself, and then...

But well, I'll just catch them later. Sweet, I like small breeds.

they're stubborn little buggers! Most of my eggs do fine on 3 fansites but these guys won't even crack!