LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

Because that function is reserved for paid members of the site. You have to subscribe for $9.99/mo for that privelage.

When I look at my dragon's lineage, there are just a couple of tombstones, what happened to its parents?

The new Valentine dragon will only be released when TJ has received a certain number of Valentine cards from the playerbase. They must be sent through the postal system, not email or the forum. Please make sure you get yours postmarked in time or it won't count!

What is the wilderness page?

Do not go there. It will make you go wild and turn you into a dragon!

"This hatchling seems to be...dead?" and it still has days left! What is going on?

Oh no... You have a zombie dragon that will bite and infect all dragons and owners you have contact with! Kill immediately!

Where can I get eggs with pretty lineages from?

Google the type of dragon lineage you are looking for; there should be a bunch of egg listings for you to browse through (though note certain eggs may be more expensive depending on the lineage).

How do I get a gold trophy for my scroll?

Kill a gold dragon. Then click the tombstone. Then click on the button that says "Craft".

How do I get a Neglected Dragon?

Call the SPCD (Society for Providing Care to Dragons) and they should let you adopt one if you make a big enough donation to the cause.

MY EGG HAS A BIG HOLE IN IT HELP!!11shiftone What should I DO?

A Neglected Dragon? Have you heard about someone neglecting their dragons? You should report them to DPS. We don't allow people to abuse and neglect these guys.

There's a new valentine dragon coming on Valentine's day! What should I do until then?

Edit ninja.gif 'd

Nothing you can do; it's dead. Throw it away before it splits in half and takes up a dead slot on your scroll for two weeks.

Edited by amthystfire

Give away all your eggs and hatchlings to make sure you have enough room, and whatever you do don't hunt in the AP.

What kind of dragon is this? o_O

I don't know. It used to be a dragon until the datamonster (which is a type of dragon) spit toxic acid on it and killed it. Theree is nothing you can do to halt the progress of the datamonster, just hope it passes you by. Don't worry too much about it, there is really nothing that you can do about the datamonster,

I found this weird redish egg, but I looked at it and it's actually more green. Should I report this?

Yes, it is good to report any weird occurrences so that TJ can look at it and fix the coding (eggs changing from red to green, how ridiculous).

Why is this egg so tiny?

It was used as fodder for Honey, I Shrunk the Dragon. You'll need to figure out a way to reverse the shrink ray.

How do I organize the dragons on my scroll?

There is a "sort by" list over in the corner of your main page that will sort your dragons.

When I filter by BSA none of my dragons show up! Can you help me?

This is a good thing, as BSA stands for Big Stinky Dragon. It simply means that none of your dragons need a bath.

How do I get my vine dragon to hide undeerground? I've seen some that hide underground, but mine won't.

You have to bury it! Use the kill function, it kills other dragons, will just bury the vines.

How do I make my dragons grow faster? Everyone else's valentines are hatching already, but mine still have days left, like 5 days.

Have you picked out future mates for them yet? Being Valentine's dragons they can be very picky.

What does Influence do?

It encourages a dragon to do drugs and join a gang. Do not influence your dragon!

How can I get a St. Patricks Day dragon?

Those are only available from 12:00 to 12:01 AM EST on the 17th of March. You have to be logged on during that period and they are completely untradeable. But TJ only gives out like 100, so there aren't many and they go quick. Here you can see one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/zAI5

(You can link to wilderness dragons, right?)

ETA: (guess I should ask a question, right?) Um, I want a sunrise dragon but I keep breeding them and they give me dark ones, I think the pink ones are prettier. Can you make it breed the right one?

Edited by amthystfire

No you don't have to breed for it, just use a Sun Stone on it instead of a Dusk Stone.

What's this weird action on my Ice's page? Summon or something?

Don't ever touch the Summon action. It will summon the fearsome Datamonster! You should release all of your Ice, Magma and Thunder dragons to ensure no accidental summoning.

Why does Dragcave get laggy at the top of the hour?

Because Datamonster's fearsome sibling the Lagmonster has been released and runs amok until enough dragons have been killed to appease the Lagmonster.

Why are there so many green-colored dragons?

Hybrid dragons are more fuel-efficient than regular dragons and to get one you have to sign a pledge to be environmentally friendly.

Why do Dinos have shoes?

Because the shoe makers of Valkemare are afraid of dragons but not Dinos.

Why can't I have a purple striped dragon?