ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

^George R.R. Martin is on my reading list.

I'm reading Steamscape by Deborah Dalton.

ETA: Finished that story quickly, now reading Griffin Ranger by Roz Gibson.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I'm currently reading Nemesis Games, the 5th book in the Expanse series by James Corey. I love the series to bits. Currently this book is the last one but the 6th book, Babylon's Ashes should be released this year.

^George R.R. Martin is on my reading list.

You're in for a treat! A Song of Ice and Fire is nothing short of awesome.

~

I just finished Sekten på Dimön (The Cult on Fog Island) by Mariette Lindstein. Not the type of book I typically go for, but definitely worth a read.

Now onto The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett.

I'm reading Library of Souls which is the 3rd book to the MPHFPC series

I'm excited af for the movie which comes out March 16th and is also directed by one of my favorite directors Tim Burton ;w;

I am debating what to read. Any good recommendations? I prefer scifi and fantasy.

I recommend the Robot, Empire, and Foundation series by Issac Asimov. You might have to get some of the books online since some are ridiculously hard to get. Another thing you should know is that the order in which you are suppose to read the books is different then the order they were published in. Originally these were three different series but Issac connected all three of them into one with some books. I'll list the books in the order their suppose to be read here.

For the robot series the order of reading is The Complete Robot (or you could read iRobot and the short stories Robot Dreams), The Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun, the Robots of Dawn, Robots and Empire (the book connecting the Empire series and the Robot series. The empire series should be read in this order: The Currents of Space, The Stars like dust, and Pebble in the Sky. Pebble in the sky is the book connecting the Empire and Foundation series. The foundation series is supposed to be read in this order: Prelude to Foundation, Forward the Foundation, Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation, Foundation's Edge, Foundation and Earth. Their is another book called the End of Eternity that is suppose to be the last book in all of the series. I also recommend reading the series Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus.

The Girl Who Wrote In Silk by Kelli Estes. Not a complicated book, but it is an interesting look at late 1800s Washington State.

The Picture of Dorian Gray. Started reading today and straight away I found a quote that I absolutely love.

Unwanted reasoning for why I love the quote: My mom really dislikes how secretive and private I am. I never tell her anything about my social life, my interests, what I do in my free time (which is literally just browsing the internet), school, people I like, etc. because I just like keeping my home life separate from all the other areas of my life. I like keeping my "around the family" personality separate from the other personas I take on. She thinks I must be keeping terrible secrets and doing bad things but I just like a bit of mystery and privacy. Enter this wonderful quote:

"When I like people immensely I never tell their names to anyone. It seems like surrendering a part of them. You know how I love secrecy. It is the only thing that can make modern life wonderful or mysterious to us. The commonest thing is delightful if one only hides it. When I leave town I never tell my people where I am going. If I did, I would lose all my pleasure. It is a silly habit, I dare say, but somehow it seems to bring a great deal of romance into one's life."

Oscar Wilde, I knew I'd like you.

I'm taking my first dive into James Joyce with A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and Dubliners.

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson.

Its a book that explores all the possibilities and consequences that could happen in one girl's life. For instance, in one timeline, she dies at birth. In another, she lives to an old age and has a family. In some timelines, she has a twin sister, because the egg split in that timeline. It's very interesting so far.

I'm currently reading Watership Down...well I was but now I can't find where I placed the book. :<

I've just finished reading the FNAF novel.

I regret everything.

Now to cleanse my mind with some Lovecraft.

not reading it yet but I ordered Earth to Hell I couldn't find it in any stores but of course I found book 2 and 3 rolleyes.gif it should be here in a few days I can't wait ^^

Star Trek TITAN #5 Over a Torrent Sea...

As the Federation recovers from the devastating events of Star Trek Destiny. Captain William Riker and the crew of the U.S.S. TITAN are ordered to resume their deep-space assignment reaffirming Starfleet's core principles of peaceful exploration. But even far from home on a mission of hope, the scars of the recent cataclysm remain with them as they slowly rebuild their lives...

I'm reading "A Man in Full" by Tom Wolfe. It's an interesting read (I got the book for free, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up). Multiple plots carry on at the same time and they appear to be winding up as one cohesive story which I find super cool.

i decided to re-read the HP books because i had not done so in a few years. I am on Order of the Phoenix right now, over halfway through it