ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

just got Onestar's Confession by Erin Hunter from the library.  it's a Warriors super edition.

Homicide in Hardcover, by Kate Carlisle.  it's her first book ever, and it turned into a huge bibliophile mystery series.  so far, all i still know is her name is Brooklyn, and she's a book restorer, and i'm sure the rest of the book follows her discovering a dead body (well, i already got to that part), and she'll end up solving whodunnit.  much like Shannon, the heroine of her Fixer-Upper Mysteries. :D 

I am currently reading the Firefly Lane after the second season on Netflix ended so abruptly, because I can't wait to see how the story ends. I will pick up the sequel as soon as I finish it.

The Library of Shadows by Mikkel Birkegaard

It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake. someone on my goodreads list is reading the series, and it looks like something i'd like, so i'm trying out book 1.  pretty sure i'll be getting the rest of the series from the library also! :) 

i read one book   of eric the kermel, unfortunately i don't have find the edition english for report a name, in italy these book have this title: LA LIBRERIA DI PIAZZA DELLE ERBE

Is a romance and life story

I have finished Octavia Butler's Parable of the Sower for class, and now we're moving onto A Handmaid's Tale

woohoo.

i've read both of those books, @Impulsive_Egg!

i've now started with Lady of Caladan, but i know i'll be setting that aside when i get a book from the library XD

Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Hawthorne Legacy

I’m reading House of Leaves for the first time, send thoughts and prayers lol (… half joking).

I love writing that plays with weird formatting but it’s definitely bordering on 2 spooky 4 me

I am reading The Priory of the Orange Tree. I love the writing style, and the worldbuilding is so deep and intricate. Plus it has dragons!

Just finished "A Thousand Recipes for Revenge" by Beth Cato, which is an interesting fictional world that ties magic into foods, and follows the adventures of a magical chef. 

Normal people can gain magical properties by eating things like pickled fairies or ground up unicorn horn. But only certain gifted Chefs know what to prepare and how.  And yes, the rights of and around magical creatures get some storytime, too. Think "PETA" rebels but... For fae.

On 5/3/2023 at 11:36 PM, marienine said:

I’m reading House of Leaves for the first time, send thoughts and prayers lol (… half joking).

I love writing that plays with weird formatting but it’s definitely bordering on 2 spooky 4 me

This has been on my to-read list for ages. I don't usually get spooked from reading books but I'm hoping this one will do it for me. When I eventually finish Stephen King's bibliography, lol.

I'm getting so close! I'm currently reading his Dark Tower series and I'm on book 5, Wolves of the Calla.

The Betrayal of Anne Frank by Rosemary Sullivan

Island Of Glass by Nora Roberts. It's book three of The Guardians Trilogy. I'm a HUGE Nora Roberts fan. Her books just seem to have kind of every genre rolled into one. After this I'm going to read the two Firefly Lane books. If you like collecting books and prefer hardcovers but don't like hardcover prices, just look them up on Amazon. You can get them used and in really good condition. 😊

Ripped from the Pages by Kate Carlisle, it's part of the Bibliophile mystery series.

Cradle Book 12: Waybound. The hype for the fight with the Weeping Dragon was lived up to. Epic dragon slaying.

The Feather Thief by Kirk Wallace Johnson.

Non Fiction.

A bloke steals a bunch of bird specimens from the Natural History Museum at Tring in England.

Why would anyone do that?

Very cheeky.

On 5/31/2023 at 7:38 PM, Gizmohihi said:

I am reading The Priory of the Orange Tree. I love the writing style, and the worldbuilding is so deep and intricate. Plus it has dragons!

I got this book as a birthday present! Good to know it has dragons, I've been postponing reading it. Mostly because my to-read pile has been getting so big...

Recently I bought Big Panda and Tiny Dragon by James Norbury as a lowkey read. It's very healing!

Making Our Way Home: The Great Migration and the Black American Dream by Blair Imani