ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

I have just finished the Jungle by Upton Sinclair and have now started Stephen King's Misery.

Too many books to read and too little time xd.png

Edited by t7d4nvs9

Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs

Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart by Jane Lindskold

Black Powder War by Naomi Novik

The Hobbit by Tolkien, as well as Fellowship of the Ring

Those are the books I'm currently reading. I have a habit of bouncing between books or guzzling them an entire book in a single sitting.

Island Dreamer by Robin Jones Gunn. It's the fourth in a series of twelve, and is seriously the best Christian teen book series EVER. This is my second time reading through it. happy.gif What's awesome is that after this series, the author wrote "the college years" and "the married years" with the same characters. biggrin.gif

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Phillip K Dick. It was the inspiration for Blade Runner.

Re-reading The Last Cató by Matilde Asensi, so I can get into the sequel with a fresh memory. Funny how fifteen years ago I didn't realize some details I'm disliking now, such as the main character and romantic interest being short of threatening the female lead (a nun) that he'd pretty much take advantage of her unless she went through with a particularly tough trial. The lead's life was never in danger, only thing that would have happened is she would have been taken out of the trials... and that's about it.

I am reading 반지와 와글바글 친구들 시리즈2 - 반지와 봉봉클럼 개정판 1권 (Ring and buzz your friends Baglio Series 2 - Ring and sweets keulreom edition 1) It is Korean smile.gif

I've been reading Harry Potter ja tarkade kivi

Aka, I've been re-reading my Estonian copies of Harry Potter series.

I have them in English, German, Finnish and Japanese : laugh.gif

Edited by Trickseh

I'm too lazy to translate the title, but it's called "El Vencedor Está Solo" by Paulo Coelho.

EDIT: Called The Winner Stands Alone. By Far one of the worst books I've read, if you've never read Coelho, don't read this as your first book. He has a few good others like the Alchemist and The fifth mountain, but this one...Awful, in my opinion.

Edited by andromedae

The Black Lung Captain by Chris Wooding. Also re-reading Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch.

I'm actually in the process of reading several books, two of which are about fishing. I'm getting ready to start the Protector of the Small quartet by Tamora Pierce, which I've read before, but not since I was in high school.

I've been reading a ton of Harry Potter fanfiction. I think I'm taking a break from published works because they remind me too much of an English class I took recently.

Now I'm halfway through The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.

I don't like it very much. It's less about the story and more about the way Rice writes. I admit I never really read anything about her because vampires never interested me much, but she's considered like the best writer out there in vampire fiction. I don't know any other vampire fiction aside from Rice's and Meyer's so I wonder whether she's really the "best" or simply the most well known.

She spent like 20% of the book describing a friggin house. Sure, a couple other things happened in between but the book starts describing the house, the main character gets bitten (talk about originality, Rice), and a short while latter she's still describing the house. The main character is as obsessed as she is with the house and, really, it's an important element, but I don't need to have every single room described in excruciating detail.

Do manga volumes count as books?

If so, I've got Super Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars ~Record of ATX~, Pokémon Adventures, Are You Alice?, At Laz Meridian, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Magi, One Piece, Haikyuu and several "Alice in the Country of n/a" going at the same time. xd.png I also got the English volumes of B'tX recently so I'll be starting that one.

Whenever I feel like it (and have time), I pick up an actual book - currently I've been obsessed with history and bought "The Edge of the World" by Michael Pye two days ago. It's about the evolution of sailing in Northern Europe, and how maritime exploration and trade shaped that area of the world (I'm from Finland myself so it's kind of exciting~). I've also got "Warfare in the Ancient World" and Enrico Ascalone's "Mesopotamia" waiting for me to continue reading them... I've loved Mesopotamian history and ancient warfare since I was a little girl. xd.png

Edited by Beldarius

The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper.

It was one of those books that had just been sitting in the bookshelf at home for a decade or so. So it was about time that I read it. I chose this book from the unread collection of books in particular because the review at the back cover mentioned that the author, Susan Cooper, was like J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis.

I just finished reading Inkheart (by Cornelia Funke) again. I've had the book a few years and I've lost track of the amount of times I've read it. I love it. A part of me wishes I could read things to life. But knowing my luck I'd end up with Voldemort in my bedroom...

Although, I do like the more evil characters in HP - They have a bit more depth to me. Rather than just "Angsty Orphan Hero - Bookworm - Sidekick". I'm not saying the "Golden Trio" aren't great. But I have headcanon backstories for some of the Death Eaters, and its more fun that they're not so..1 dimensional. idk. Maybe it's just the fact I can create somewhat of a backstory. xd.png

Anyway, I'm moving on to reading The Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson next - I love her books, wether they're the more mature ones or the childrens ones!

I'm currently reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. Normally I'm not that into crime novels, but I've been curious about her novels ever since Gone Girl got super-hyped. I bought Dark Places back in 2013, but haven't got around to read it until now xd.png So far - about halfway through - I'm not super-enthused, but still enjoying the ride.

I don't remember the last time I cracked open a book, besides the required reading materials for classes.

But I am an avid reader of fanfiction.

Currently, I am reading "Desperate Measure."

It's a Drarry (Draco x Harry) fanfic.

It's actually my 2nd slash story I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. The author writes them extremely tastefully and I'm just enjoying the plot.