ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

I am Currently reading Mort, by Terry Pratchett. It is funny so far. I am going to read The Shadow Rising, by Robert Jordan after Mort.

When a friend asked for bokk suggestions in a group chat, I scanned through my own shelf, just to find a book that I bought nearly two years ago, but never started.

I bought it mostly because I found the (German) cover attractive and the story sounded okay. But I could not recommend it to someone without reading it, so now I am currently busy with "Time of the Eagle" by Sherryl Jordan.

Don't really know if I like it so far, I am only at chapter two and it might have potential, it just hasn't really shown yet.

Edited by Tawa

Just finished Ghosts of the Tsunami by Richard Lloyd Parry and A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh. Currently reading Dragons of the Dwarven Depths by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, it's probably the last of the Dragonlance series I intend to read.

Currently re-reading The Diamond Throne and Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings, for like the fifth time. Dave is my favorite author and I own all of his 24 fantasy books in both Finnish and English, and some of them in Swedish.

Also re-reading Lloyd Alexander's The Book of Three, Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising and Anu Holopainen's The Kingdom of Crystals. ...These three are my favorite authors alongside Dave. Intending to re-read The Prince of Shadowland by Ullamari Kellomäki.

Edited by Beldarius

I'm currently reading Half a King by Joe Abercrombie and I'm really enjoying it. Normally I don't have more than one book on the go, but I'm actually also part way through Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi - it's different to the type of thing I would usually read, but a good different, I like it.

Too many books at once.

Invasive Procedures, Orson Scott Card, author of Ender's Game.

Great book so far.

just finished lolita - nabokov. very heavy stuff but i felt like i was at the right time in my life/maturity that i can appreciate the author's intentions in writing the story

now i'm just reading a nonfiction book on dzogchen buddhism.

Currently reading the Count of Monte Cristo. ;-; I've been so busy with school that I'm not even half-way through yet.Wish I had more time.

I finished Dragons of the Hourglass Mage by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, and tore through Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys in one day. I'm back to fantasy with Joust by Mercedes Lackey.

I've been really into Stephen King since the new IT movie came out. Since seeing the movie I've read IT, Pet Sematary, Cujo, and I'm currently reading 'Salem's Lot. I'm planning to read The Shining next and after that maybe I'll start the Dark Tower series.

Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski, and listening to the audiobook of Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan.

Reading I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. And - The Two Towers by Tolkien.

I just read a webtoon called My Boo by Jeongseo. Overall opinion:

6ef4bc0d58f3ffb9fa6d544a61445c5b.jpg

It's a tragic romance story about a woman who can see ghosts and falls in love with one. It actually had me crying at the end and I don't cry easy.

Sanctuary by Mercedes Lackey, the second-to-last book in the Dragon Jousters series.

A Game of Thrones, by George Martin :D

Currently I'm reading Stephanie Garber's Caraval. There's also a copy of Jessica Townsend's Nevermoor in the staffroom at work (the advantages of working in a bookshop!), so I've been reading that on my breaks. They're both great books so far!

I've just started The Silmarillion a few days ago, I'm currently reading through the Songs of the Ainur, with the rebellion of Melkor and the forming of Middle-Earth.