Xocowolf

What's Up with Seasonals?

Every time I've attempted to breed my seasonals amongst themselves or holiday dragons to ensure I get a seasonal egg, I've met with refusals or no eggs being created at all. sad.gif

And all I need is a female spring and I wont need to collect them anymore. So frustrating.

Still no luck at all. I have 3 pairs that I've been trying to breed for months, and not a single egg. sad.gif I promised someone an egg from one lineage, too, and it looks like I won't be able to fulfill the IOU unless the ratio changes before the end of Spring.

Also, every time I use Fertility, I don't get an egg. EVERY time. Sometimes, I wonder if it was accidentally programmed to modify the wrong way!

Summers? Are we talking about the middle of last year too?

~

Since the beginning of this spring, I've only seen one CB seasonal egg in the biomes and none of my seasonals tend to breed (like everyone elses)

This is sorta sad since even from last year, I have yet to catch one CB Spring o.0

I was really hoping the breeding, and generating ratios would have been a little better by now.

Edit: @SilverX7Studios Don't feel that bad about it wink.gif You joined in Jan of this year, so you still have many times to get a good number of them smile.gif

Edited by DeathCry

i only have one CB spring, didn't really much care to get a cb pair, and now I regret my strange decision. Been here since '10, you'd think I would have learned my lesson. Third year and only one spring. Whee!

I think its the same problem with Paper dragons sometimes, they're not rare, they just clear out really fast.

As for me I had no problem catching/breeding Winters this year. As for Springs...

I tried trading rare & uncommon dragons for weeks to get only two 2nd gen Seasonals, but didn't receive any offer for a while. I was wondering if they had suddenly become much more valuable than anything I could have bred, but then I haven't been able to breed 2nd and 3rd gen Springs myself for the past 5 weeks or so. I think my lineage project is screwed. xd.png

That sure is frustrating.

Since March 21, I've seen 2 CB springs in the cave... Caught 0.

I was lucky enough to trade for 1 CB spring a few weeks ago...and now...drum roll...3 years on DC...I've got 2 CB springs! Sigh. Should've known better last year...

On the plus side, breeding is semi-ok if I use fertility. Only tried a few times because I don't actually have too many projects with the seasonals though.

My seasonal dragons wouldn't produce a spring egg.

You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced.

The dragons don't really show much interest in each other.

The dragons refuse to even go near each other.

And a caveborn spring egg seems to be as rare as a gold or silver egg.

And Spring is the season when eggs are produced in abundance and new life brought forth, but there is a definite shortage of Spring eggs. Getting a Spring seasonal egg is like pulling teeth.

I am very disappointed. mad.gif

Edited by Long_Before_Dawn

I am really angry,that the spring better seasonal as uncommon eggs not appears so often as other uncommon do!!

this is not fair for every newbie or noob

I'm disappointed too, this is my first spring and so looking forward to grabbing some spring seasonals since they're the ones I wanted the most. I've tried breeding with the few I've got and haven't had any luck. I know there's always next year but jeeeeeeez, a whole year to wait?

After getting a much wanted 2nd Gen Silver I thought I'd breed some Springs for the AP. I tried more than 30 CB pairs (most Seasonal x Holday/Trio) and got TWO eggs, both with Shadowwalker.

Happy to say that they both went to scrolls without any Springs on them.

Have been breeding a pair of dragons for a spring egg since the season turned. Finally got one egg a week ago. Not very impressive odds. Can't even imagine how long it will take to get the next generation of my project. It's already going into its second year to to complete. I really don't want to make this a 3 year project sleep.gif

Don't know what's up with the seasonals, maybe they're on strike :3

I tried breeding my pair again and they didn't make an egg again. e_e So much for spring being the season of love, eh? :P (oh the irony - the springs I've been trying to coax an egg out of for months on end are called Fall In Love + And Surrender)

I bred 6 of my CB winters. Not only did the 3 pairs not produce eggs, they all REFUSED each other.

What IS up with the seasonals? They are supposed to be common. What's the point of having a breed that not only only breeds for 3 months out of the year, but RARELY does so?

Bred about 20 pairs of pb seasonals in the last days only to have a single egg produced.

I know it happens that a kind of dragon suddently becomes rare and then after some months it is common again, but with seasonals this is becoming quite a problem since we can't wait some months sad.gif

Now I really really regret not to catch any cb spring last year because I'll probably need one more whole year to get one sad.gif

Bred about 20 pairs of pb seasonals in the last days only to have a single egg produced.

I know it happens that a kind of dragon suddently becomes rare and then after some months it is common again, but with seasonals this is becoming quite a problem since we can't wait some months sad.gif

Now I really really regret not to catch any cb spring last year because I'll probably need one more whole year to get one sad.gif

I only got one CB Springs one year ago, was hoping to get more this season...

I've got one CB hatchling, 'cause someone gifted it to me. ^^

...I'm happy...

For now. Let's hope this ends before summer officially starts, 'cause I want my seasonals. xd.png

I've been breeding the pairs I need eggs from weekly since January with little luck - never got a Winter from one Autumn pair (which throws that project back a year). Springs were just as bad - 9 Winter pairs every week and only 1 Spring egg. However, last night one Winter Start pair cooperated and today the New Blood pair finally gave me an egg! The New Blood line goes back 16 generations (one every season) to an original Summer pair, so I really, really didn't want that ended.

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Been trying for ages to get myself a CV spring as a mate for the first one I got... no luck so far :/

I've bred and bred and /bred/. Nothing, /still/. I am really getting frustrated because I cannot spread the love anymore with Seasonals. '10 = mega-influx of Springs, if I recall correctly. '11 = mild, relying on the cave, not the ap. And now '12 = zero, zip, zilch. And if this affects the springs? It'll affect /all/ the seasonals.

Springs only have a small time period, and it is frustrating as heck not to catch any. All the seasonals I have are winters minus one several gen spring I got. Its insane I have to wait until next year to get a CB spring (and I wanted to get one for my little sister). It is spring now, and I have to wait a year to get one what was once common dragon? My big sister that got me into this game played in 09 and 10, and was amazed when I told her my woes about catching them.

If it is because too many were bred, I don't know but is there a way to make each kind of their own dragon, and have them only drop during their time of the year? Not sure how that works since I'm not into coding at all. Or reset them each season? So that too many bred winters don't affect bred springs?

I was unable to breed enough Winters to continue my breeding project so I have to wait until next year. I wanted to start again with Spring, but I have yet to see a single one. >.<

I've having some luck breeding springs, but not trading them tongue.gif What are you guys needing? Pure springs? Winter cb parent springs (i've had one sitting in a tele for a week with NO offers, lol).

I have a good 400 pairings i can breed with varying lineages... just need to know what people are looking for, cause i dont like spamming my seasonals when they have no homes lined up.

I've having some luck breeding springs, but not trading them tongue.gif What are you guys needing? Pure springs? Winter cb parent springs (i've had one sitting in a tele for a week with NO offers, lol).

I have a good 400 pairings i can breed with varying lineages... just need to know what people are looking for, cause i dont like spamming my seasonals when they have no homes lined up.

I may get on to you later - but I did just manage to breed ONE out of the SEVEN I need to co-operate....