Xocowolf

What's Up with Seasonals?

Missed a CB Spring earlier. I can't believe how rare they've become! Last year I tossed about 3 CBs into the AP because I found shinier eggs and holy hell now do I regret it. sad.gif Especially as I would love to breed a Spring/Pink EG checker, but don't even have the Springs to get started with.

Geh. Does anyone know what people are trading them for? I've just picked up a CB Black I want to shift, but I'm wondering if I'll even get a CB Spring for it in this drought.

If Seasonals aren't successfully breeding, shouldn't more be generated in the caves to balance things out?

It's not like click sites are loaded with Seasonals to prove any good odds of ever getting some...

It seems everyone wants CB ones unfortunately, which doesn't help. I can't seem to be able to trade my 2nd gen one, lol.

People are trading metallics tongue.gif

Oh my.

I think I'll take my chances and wait for the ratios to behave themselves. xd.png My metals and Fertility just don't see eye to eye.

EDIT: Another thought. Is there no plans to have Springs pop up in another Biome, same as how Winters appeared in the Alpine? The Jungle seems appropriate. Then perhaps Volcano for Summers and the Coast for Autumns.

It seems bizarre that one Seasonal gets the special treatment of spawning in a second location while the others get zilch.

Edited by Lullakai-Shi

If Seasonals aren't successfully breeding, shouldn't more be generated in the caves to balance things out?

It's not like click sites are loaded with Seasonals to prove any good odds of ever getting some...

That's what you'd think. :s

Since it's not, however, I guess it means there's an abundance of spring seasonals? Which does not make sense since spring has only recently kicked back in and left us no window for breeding their numbers up again for 2012.

Unless all the seasonals are grouped together rather than each season have their own separate ratio.

It seems everyone wants CB ones unfortunately, which doesn't help. I can't seem to be able to trade my 2nd gen one, lol.

I want the ones in my own lineages to breed - and THAT isn't even working a whole lot sad.gif

if anyone needs help, i've got a CB Female & Male for Fall, Winter and Spring that i can breed to help with different projects

Now, i cant be certain, but I believe all seasonals, regardless of season, counts as one breed. Having the second spawn location for winters may have upset the balence enough that they have to recover. Every breed goes through dryspells, its part of the game. Hopefully they will recover within a month or so.

Anyhow, the little spring i have been trying to find a home for is still on my scroll. Its doomed to being frozen since i do not participate in the seasonal lineage. I'll give it another day to find a home though.

My winter bred a very messy lineage spring egg today smile.gif

@Thuban What do you want for the spring? PM me smile.gif

I've been searching for springs, but to no avail. All that I've seen available people want metals or whatnot for, and I don't have that, so have not been able to receive or trade them. So frustrating.

I hope it gets fixed before mid June, where summer starts. I'd like to have at least one darn CB Spring or 2nd gen spring (especially from two winter parents xd.png) before I have to wait another year to get it.

Amazingly enough, one of the 10 SmS Winter pairs I tried produced this Gen4 EGG . While I'd really like a SmS Spring with similar lineage in trade... with the breeding drought that can be a problem.

So, if you need this to continue your SmS project, it's yours free! Just send a pm and I'll give you the claim link.

ETA: Doesn't anyone need/want this baby? GONE

Edited by JaneMcAsh

I was hoping to start a Seasonal lineage earlier this year.Similar to what the above user has, but starting with Winter.

I guess this project is gonna be completely cancelled. None of my Winter pairs have ever produced an egg and I've been attempting to breed them when the Seasons changed.

Edited by Imposibibble

I have been breeding several pairs of seasonals for a couple of lineages. I breed every week and started as soon as the seasons changed. Not a single egg! sad.gif

I saw one today. Tried to get one in Cave, but said I was overburdened. "I could have sworn I only had three eggs"... and a second later realize my "living creatures" limit had been reached when I got a nice hatchling from the AP. Commence ragequit...

Anyway, it doesn't make a lot of sense, them being so rare all of the sudden. Commons are supposed to have a pretty flexible ratio(so I've been told), so seasonals must have been produced in mass at some point and are now in a dry spell. My quest to get a CB one is just beginning though, and I will probably get one before summer. What I'm wondering is how long this will last.

I'm getting seasons when I breed them with rares (for example, just now I bred a silver x autumn and got a spring egg that had to be auto abandoned, because I just like to see if I can get a silver out into the AP for someone to get since I have enough silvers).

It's happened before (but I can't remember the exact pairing), recently, too.

I mean, if they're gonna produce an egg, there's a higher chance for it to be a seasonal. So if you're desperate, I suggest trying it on a rare; either no egg will be produced, or you'll get a rare, or you'll get the seasonal you want. Lose/win/win. Kinda.

Now, i cant be certain, but I believe all seasonals, regardless of season, counts as one breed. Having the second spawn location for winters may have upset the balence enough that they have to recover. Every breed goes through dryspells, its part of the game. Hopefully they will recover within a month or so.

If this is right (and I feel it is), Springs could be the worst breed to ever get hit sad.gif

It's one thing to have mass alting blacks, but they are not dependent on the natural dates/seasons of the year. Feels like death in the caves or something dry.gif

Since March 21st I have only seen one Seasonal, and, of course, I didn't get it. Not to mention the reasonable number of Trios, Blacks, Metallics, Leetle trees (omg so much), BSA dragons, and unbreedables that I have seen ~

Whatever it is going on has completely killed my now three year long project. I gave up on my seasonal project in during winter because i couldnt breed enough to get my project up another gen. I only breed pure season seasonals for myself (most of my seasons i have up to 5th gen pure seasons)

does anyone know what date do the seasonal switch from producing springs to summers??

does anyone know what date do the seasonal switch from producing springs to summers??

No, but with the way things are going, you won't get much from them. Not an egg since spring started, was hoping to get one more winter to breed for a spring, because I noticed the increase in winters, and am now wondering what exactly is going on. This is too rationalized to be a bug, and TJ would have fixed it by now if it was game-breaking. I'm really confused at this point, but maybe after about three years of good luck with seasonals, luck has run out and someone messed up the ratios from winter and they're bugging into spring? I wonder if the ratios ever flip over for seasonals? i.e, spring is bad, so will summer just reset the whole thing? And actually let us produce our eggs?

Why are they so frigid and barren? dry.gif

I have worst chances with them than my metallics and that is really infuriating ...

Never has breeding been so bad for me mad.gif

((Edit for spelling))

Edited by DeathCry