Xocowolf

What's Up with Seasonals?

I managed to catch one at the Forest Biome yesterday, but I have seen more leetle trees, silvers and chickens than Springs since the season started.

I saw the first one Spring of this year today. didn't get it of course :/

This couldn't possibly be "working as intended".... any word on when this will be fixed?

Haven't managed to breed any spring yet either. I'll keep trying, even if I don't need them, I'm sure someone will.

Breeding has sucked, but I did manage to produce 1 second gen, which I gifted, and I have caught 3 CBs so far (two of which, I gifted as well.)

I am getting so angry at having no seasonals....

I did not get a single winter offspring for my special lineage this year, and no spring yet. I guess I can just stop trying until someone reports a change in seasonal breeding...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4VWF

Haven't seen one, but I haven't been cave-hunting in over a month, so. :/

Haven't seen any in the Cave either, and for several weeks now, since "Spring" came on, haven't been able to breed ANY of my seasonals. Wonder what's up??

I've bred one Spring recently out of I-can't-remember-how-many tries. I'd really like two more but I'm glad to have gotten at least the one for this year. I do hope the ratios get fixed soon.

Edited by inlaterdays

I managed to get a Spring thanks to trading. CB Thunder. Thank you, person-who-I-won't-name-just-in-case-you-don't-want-to-be. smile.gif

For people who just can't get a Spring, your best bet here is to jump into the desert during the hourly drop, and stalk the volcano and alpine otherwise. Most of the rare breeds are there. If you can catch a Trio, a chicken, a metallic, or a Black (and you're willing to give up the latter two), then you've pretty much guaranteed yourself a Spring.

You've got a better chance at catching any of those than a Seasonal at this point, and a lot of people are willing to trade for the rares, so give it a go. That's my advice, anyway.

Finally bred a 2nd gen PB spring with a proven pair of winters.

Edited by casprrr

I don't believe I've seen any seasonals since the Gvern/Royal Blues epidemic wore off.

I check about 5-8 hourly drops a day, sometimes more on the weekends.

I've caught and raised 3 springs this season (all bred) and I've seen but haven't caught a few CBs. I've also caught and thrown back a lot more than I kept and I've also missed quite a few in the AP. I'm seeing more in the AP now than when spring first started.

This reminds me of when vampire bites were out of whack and worries were met with a brief "nothing has changed." Needless to say people were not happy with that reply. I don't think there will be any official answer as to what's up with the seasonals, since long periods of drought seem to be the norm with ratios.

Edit: And no, I have yet to catch a Spring this year.

Edited by Nine

I am going to second everyone else that springs have been insanely hard to come by lately. I recently was asked to breed two springs for someone, a feat which made me giggle because it would certainly be ever-so-easy. The person had said they were super rare right now, but I didn't believe them... until 20+ seasonals declined to give me anything but a single spring egg. And of course it was inbred because at that point I was scraping the bottom of the barrel. :l

I have a lot of difficulty believing it's just breeding projects. There've been breeding projects working with them for quite some time, yet I certainly never considered seasonals rare. Thus I am inclined to agree that something else is afoot here.

Disappearing seasonals and eternal black alts... whatever is happening to the cave lately? ;w;

I got one by trading. gave a CB Stripe and a CB Gold Wyvern hatchie for it. now need at least one more (but better more as Springs are my favourite breed!)

It's my first Spring here... As far as scroll goals I collect 4 pairs of each breed, *and * I had some plans for lineages with them as they are so pretty....if things continue as they are neither thing is happening. huh.gif

Ratios seem to rotate. I wouldn't worry too much about trading rare things like CB Stripes (which almost always retain their value) for seasonals. They were so common this time last year they were caveblockers. If you stick around for a year or so, I'm pretty certain you'll have no problems obtaining or breeding seasonals. I'd recommend catching things that /aren't/ seasonals while you can at the moment, for all you know THEY will become rare next.

Edited by DarkEternity

The seasonal dragons have been one of my favorites since I started playing last fall and I have been looking forward to the spring ones the most. My dragons keep showing no interest and I have only seen one egg in the cave, which I was not fast enough to grab. After reading all of the problems everyone else is having, I am starting to worry I may not get a pair. sad.gif

I've only managed to get one spring so far and it's 3rd gen. I've been breeding all my seasonals and none have produced a single spring egg yet. It's getting really frustrating! I need 6 CBs and 3 for freezing before spring ends and at this rate I'm not going to make it. sad.gif

I find it really sad that they've become so almost-rare.

Of course the ratios vary over time, and that's ok. With most commons, you just wait a few months and then they're back and you can go on with your projects (be it CB catching or lineages). But with seasonals, that's a real pity, because chances are good it will be (or almost) summer before this evens out again, which means those of us actually needing springs will have to wait a whole year to continue any seasonal projects that include successively changing seasonals. sad.gif

I had hoped to get 3 generations of my Season's Change lineage done this spring, but now I might not even get one done. Not looking forward to having to wait one whole year to continue... meh.

If you were to ask me if I would believe it that a CB Spring can fetch a 2-4th gen metal in trade, I wouldn't. But that seems to be the case right now. I am not a fan of seasonal dragons but I do feel bad for those with seasonal lineage projects going on. I do think there is really no reason for the seasonal to have become ultra uncommon. There are more players now so if the cave is using an old ratio system to balance the eggs, I guess it's time that a rework is needed.

well i hope the ratios change, i need to get a male spring for my Rosebud this year to continue her lineage for christmas.

infact, i need a CB breedin gpari, as the only Spring i have is inbred :/

edit - btw, i bred my Ice and Winter together last week and after months of not producing they gave me a spring egg. dry.gif

Edited by Red2111