Xocowolf

What's Up with Seasonals?

I've bred 7 over the last two days. As soon as a hatchling grows up, I'm going to try to bred another one.

I hope that real life isn't overwhelming enough to keep me from DC next year. We have just over 3 more hours to get a CB Spring, and that short time is really daunting.

I've bred 7 over the last two days. As soon as a hatchling grows up, I'm going to try to bred another one.

Lucky you, she sobbed. I tried the 7 pairs I NEED to breed for my lineages - all for the 7th or more time. ONE egg between them. That makes TWO in the last couple of months. I've tried constantly, as this NEEDED to happen - now I am screwed for another year sad.gif

Still - I can forget about it for the summer - and indeed till next winter (this all started in January for me !) as there's no-one in those lineages to breed them !!!!

I am most disappointed. I have tried every week since springs came out to breed the next step in this line. No. eggs. ever.

I will only have one more shot at it this season. If that does not succeed then I will have to wait a whole year to progress any farther.

Lucky you, she sobbed. I tried the 7 pairs I NEED to breed for my lineages - all for the 7th or more time. ONE egg between them. That makes TWO in the last couple of months. I've tried constantly, as this NEEDED to happen - now I am screwed for another year sad.gif

Still - I can forget about it for the summer - and indeed till next winter (this all started in January for me !) as there's no-one in those lineages to breed them !!!!

My seasonals failed again and I have now lost the ability to continue my 2 year seasonal project until next year.

I can appreciate the need for ratios, but this beyond irritating. I bred that pair all season and did not get a single egg. I purposely stopped breeding my other seasonals to give this one pair a better chance. It certainly kills the fun in the game when a project you are working on for an extended period suddenly stops.

I am heartsick for the time I wasted and the friend I have let down, as I am now unable to swap eggs at the end of the year.

Edited by lilbird

Has anyone here even had the luck of catching more than 3 CB Seasonals for 2012 Spring?

I just have to wonder since I've never caught even one.

I also just bred another spring. This one is a 6gen even gen and my last for this season since I'm locked and nothing will grow up in time for me to breed another.

I'd refrained from breeding the last few months until yesterday and have had pretty good luck but then I have quiet a few that I could breed.

-Deathcry, I saw but didn't catch a quiet few CB spring seasonals but I wasn't really actively trying to find any this season.

-Deathcry, I saw but didn't catch a quiet few CB spring seasonals but I wasn't really actively trying to find any this season.

Pretty much the same for me, except I've been mainly between the Desert and the Forest all season, and I still haven't seen more than 5.

I have seen more metallics in the 3-4 months, and to me that is pretty disturbing.

Edited by DeathCry

I caught just one CB spring this year & was gifted another. After my initial catch, I did not catch so much as a glimpse of another. And I only just managed to breed my second spring (from summer parents, my adult springs wouldn't cooperate) this season. I'd try for more, but don't have the room on my scroll & still have about 5 hours before anything grows up. I used to be able to toss a few springs to the AP once in a while, but not this year.

I made the mistake of not being very active around spring time of last year. Since I got only one lineaged Spring then (no CB at that time either), it's really no joke when it comes to waiting for the last few weeks to get a Seasonal. Too bad I only know that now.

Edited by DeathCry

Pretty much the same for me, except I've been mainly between the Desert and the Forest all season, and I still haven't seen more than 5.

I have seen more metallics in the 3-4 months, and to me that is pretty disturbing.

That is incredibly scary, considering the need for the lineages they participate in. I /barely/ managed to get my two CB falls. I didn't even bother getting a mate for my Winter, because I had a feeling it wouldn't go down great, and 3/4 of the time, I really only aim toward my own scroll goals and don't pay attention to trades.

I feel fortunate that I managed to trade for two CB springs over the course of spring. For an arm and a leg, each, but oh well.

I hope next year will be better. After the second CB spring effort, I vowed I'd stop stressing myself with it, so I'm counting on next year being an improvement. If it isn't, I'm boned. laugh.gif I'll have to trade limbs again. xd.png

So, Spring is over and I´ve only seen one single CB Spring in the cave. sad.gif

I hope it gets better with Summers. unsure.gif

So, Spring is over and I´ve only seen one single CB Spring in the cave. sad.gif

I hope it gets better with Summers. unsure.gif

I think it will. Yesterday I hunted for hours and saw 2 Springs. Today, I saw 3 at the first drop I went to. I have a feeling that more would have fallen if it weren't for the blocks in the cave and then in the AP.

Also, breeding seemed to pick up yesterday and today, and I already saw that someone started breeding summers.

Has anyone here even had the luck of catching more than 3 CB Seasonals for 2012 Spring?

I just have to wonder since I've never caught even one.

I caught a total of 12 CB springs over the last two weeks and missed about six. So I really think they are picking up again.

I saw one single CB Spring two days ago, that I missed.

I was gifted a CB Spring by a wonderful person, otherwise I wouldn't have a single CB.

I caught a total of 12 CB springs over the last two weeks and missed about six. So I really think they are picking up again.

What?? ohmy.gif How did you menaged to catch so many?

I saw only two cb springs all over the season, and couldn't trade for anyone. So now I have to wait 9 months to have them dry.gif

Hopefully next Spring whatever's currently going on with the Seasonals will finally be fixed (or at least adressed, does anyone know what's going on here?) and we'll all be able to get some CB Springs - I was on the lookout for them the entire season and perhaps saw 3 Springs, that's just plain weird. And I'm not even going to mention how all this messed up some of my breeding projects. :/

Ah well, nothing to do but move forward. Here's to a less disastrous Summer, may there be enought of those to go around! smile.gif

I also caught quite a few. I'm not sure how many in total, but I think it was around twenty. All, except for three or four that I traded, I gifted. The hard part, was being patient enough to camp in the Forest, for the full hour, until one popped up.

As long as the AP wasn't blocking the Cave, and the eggs were moving in the Forest, I saw one an hour. They were there, but snapped up in a blink of an eye.

I was wonderfully gifted and will never forget that, but I camped out the night of June 18th from 9pm until the morning of June 19th at 4am, and still saw only 2 Seasonals. Not to mention, I was on and off in the forest for most of the day.

My eyes and back were so worn out. o.0 The descriptions for dragons started looking wrong, with numerous typos

Edit:

Over the last two weeks? I thought all of that was still drought season blink.gif

Edited by DeathCry

I also caught quite a few.  I'm not sure how many in total, but I think it was around twenty.  All, except for three or four that I traded, I gifted.  The hard part, was being patient enough to camp in the Forest, for the full hour, until one popped up.

That's the problem I had. I've done a ton of cave camping over the time I've played, but I don't think any of it has ever been as boring as the Forest. I'm still tired from hanging out there the other day. laugh.gif

I was wonderfully gifted and will never forget that, but I camped out the night of June 18th from 9pm until the morning of June 19th at 4am, and still saw only 2 Seasonals. Not to mention, I was on and off in the forest for most of the day.

My eyes and back were so worn out. o.0 The descriptions for dragons started looking wrong, with numerous typos

I did that so many times too.

I guess I'll just chalk it up to my horrible luck. I'm having the exact same fail luck with summers, and I really don't have the time or patience to devote as much time to trying to catch them as I did with Springs. That was just rediculous, and I'm still not recovered from that.

I can't imagine going through the same thing with the Summers. They can either be more common than the Springs were, or they just won't be on my scroll because if I'm going to devote that much time, effort and energy to trying to catch something again, it better darn well be SHINY. xd.png

Since mid-February I managed to breed 9 Springs (3 the last day!) and 1 Summer (trying 6-15 pairs every week). During that same time I caught 1 CB Gold, 4 CB Silvers (and missed many more of both!). Even my very stubborn stingy metallics bred 6 Golds & 6 Silvers. Those numbers seem just a wee bit off to me (though I am enjoying my new CB Shinys)!

Edited by JaneMcAsh

i really hope this does NOT stay for long, and seasonals are the most common again. i remember a couple summers ago the AP was ONLY seasonals, half of them being caveborn (i knew from picking up so many; back then i was a nub and just figured out how to make them live, i thought ones with extremely long and messy lines were best hehe, so ditched CBs). it was like.... one pebble (still real common) to 5 or 6 seasonals, at the time were summers. bring back seasonals, especially cbs!! i've only seen ONE spring in two months; though i did see two summers in the AP earlier. hope its picking back up. i still have no cb seasonals on my scroll.