Xocowolf

What's Up with Seasonals?

Ah, I love the spring seasonals...

I can't believe they became so flipping rare. I've only seen one all spring and I missed it. >.<'

I'm sort of agreeing that something is up with them:

I have 6 Seasonal Dragons...In breeding all of them to their respective partners, I only got 3 eggs (all the partner's breed)

That might not seem like a big deal...but considering that one of the successful pairs was Silver/Seasonal...

Something is up with them - although I'm just thinking they're a bit harder to get because everyone wants them since - if memory serves - they were the last Seasonal Sprite added.

Gah, it figures that right when I decide that I need more CB Seasonals, they go awol. rolleyes.gif Ah well, hopefully they'll be back soon enough.

I'm a bit pessimistic I'll have much of a chance at CB springs this year. Sadly, since Dragon Cave tends to be cyclic with the ratios (old dragons stop counting into the ratios after a year), I suspect next year won't be any better, either.

sad.gif *sad panda*

I just went 0 for 35 trying to breed one seasonal egg. Haven't tried all my seasonal pairs yet, but I'm betting the trend will continue.

I'm a little dissapointed that the situation doesn't seem to be changing at all. When all of this first started I thought it was just a phase, there were a lot of Winters dropped during the new release and perhaps that affected the ratios (which I seriously doubt, but it's the only way I could explain what was happening with the Winters) and with the coming of Springs all would be set right. But nope, the Seasonals have become as rare as the Trios/Blacks/Stripes and that's just sad, especially considering they'll only be dropping for a few more months, after which we'll have to wait a whole year for them to appear once more (and I'm not even starting with Seasonal-based lineages here tongue.gif).

Honestly, I wouldn't be bothered by this if Seasonals were rares, but they're not rares, they're commons - why not make them act this way? Has there been any official explanation about why this is happening?

I'm a bit pessimistic I'll have much of a chance at CB springs this year. Sadly, since Dragon Cave tends to be cyclic with the ratios (old dragons stop counting into the ratios after a year), I suspect next year won't be any better, either.

sad.gif *sad panda*

I don't think it's a year. I can't find the quote, but I remember TJ said so.

Gah, it figures that right when I decide that I need more CB Seasonals, they go awol. rolleyes.gif Ah well, hopefully they'll be back soon enough.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I haven't noticed until lately that I should start getting more CB's but this is a little ridiculous.

If I ever get another Spring I'm going to incorporate "Tambora" in its name. This is in reference to the volcanic explosion of Mt. Tambora in 1816, that pretty much nixed late spring and early summer for New England, Quebec and western Europe. I know it was called "The Year Without a Summer" but you catch my meaning. sleep.gif

Another try for my lineage, still no egg... should I even keep trying?

And I didn't get any CB Springs yet either, to continue after this last Winter breeding...

I haven't seen any CB Seasonals yet, but I have been able to breed 2 since Spring started, which is actually really bad x_o and only one of them is actually the right lineage for my project. By now before the drought I would already have all the Seasonals necessary for it. Apart from my bred eggs I've been able to get 2 messy ones for freezing and today I caught a second gen that I gifted because it didn't help with my project.

I hope the ratios go back to normal >_< I need some more Seasonals or I will have to start a different lineage project -__-

I am on a seasonal thuwed list... the pair hasn't bred since January. I seriously wish I'd picked something else now. They were common as when I got on the list. ;_;

I hope they become more common again soon.

It sucks that the Spring drought seems to be lasting throughout the season as Springs are my favorite seasonal. Way back during summer I was planning to do a huge (well, maybe just to 5th gen) scroll-only PB project with them...but I still have no CBs. I have bred a Spring from my Summers, which went to my brother as he wants at least one of every breed.

It is crazy. I tried all the winters on my scroll (16 from my seasonal projects) and nothing! I also haven't found any cbs, so I'm kind of concerned about getting a set for a spring seasonal project...

I saw a CB in the cave yesterday, I was too slow though... but I guess they are still out there, just not many of them sad.gif

Still trying to breed some, no luck.

I bred one out of four yesterday (I tried for you, too, Fran - nada. ONE midlineage one co-operated.)

I found the winters quite easy to get...having problems with the Spring one those..half way through, I've got to get hunting biggrin.gif

I have 10 seasonal dragons and I'd got down to my last two, both winter and finally I bred a spring egg.

sad.gif seasonals shouldn't be this hard to catch, its bad enough that certain sprites are only available certain times of years, you woudl think that alone would make the ratios for each high.

i agree about the New Release off setting the Winter ratio, but shouldn't the ratio have been reset with the start of the new season.

first the Black Alts go crazy, then the Harvests decide they want to be cave blockers, now Seasonals are becomming recluses .... wtf man o.0

heck, i can wait to get my CB pair; i just want a CB Male for my Rosebud come next Febuary sad.gif

I have several seasonals and have had no luck breeding them this spring. I have been stalking the Forest at the top of the hour and I've seen maybe five seasonals in a month. I was lucky enough to catch one. I named it Improbable Spring since it wasn't quite impossible to get one.

This is getting silly xp I don't think I've even seen one. This is my first Spring and I was very much looking forward to catching some seasonal eggs, it'll be Summer before long....

i've seen 3 CB Springs this season. all were int he Forrest Biodome, all slipped by fastr than a CB Metal.

seriously, a 1:1 with Blacks o.0 Stripes i can see, given that they've become easier to catch, but not Blacks.