Xocowolf

What's Up with Seasonals?

A couple days before the Solstice, I buckled down and bred all of my Seasonal CBs.

I was methodical about it: PB Seasonals first, then CB Seasonal to Holiday dragons that wouldn't breed out of season.

My success rate (egg) ran about 1 in 8 breedings, with a couple refusals (Summers DID NOT like Shadow Walkers), and I managed to breed the five Springs I needed to get the Fifth Element milestone. They hatched, gendered three males and two females; four of them are 2Gs, the other is a nice stepped 3G. They're all within 24 hours of growing up.

A couple got sick because people saw them on the one hatchery I had them on, got all excited and gave 'em a bunch of clicks and views. They got more clicks in 24 hours than most of my adults have in their entire childhoods. Fortunately, no casualties! smile.gif

And again, I hope the ratios even out some more with the Summer Seasonals.

I just caught a summer seasonal! .w. I saw two of them but missed one. :< Oh well.

Pretty...

It does look like the seasonals are picking up again. Which is great, as I love their sprites. happy.gif

Edited by SilverX7Studios

I bred two Summers and saw three in the short time I was cave hunting yesterday, since I have all I need I am always late in clicking them, rolleyes.gif but I don't remember seeing more that two Springs all season!!

good news for newbies and those with lineage projects biggrin.gif

Are Summers in the Forest or Jungle? Haven't found any yet, but it will help if I can only camp one of the two.

I've been trying to breed a seasonal pair, who already have multiple children, for several weeks (with fertility) and zilch. It's really annoying.

I only have two springs - both traded, and I saw one in the Forest and failed to catch it. I was lucky enough to grab a third from the AP, but it gendered wrong >.< I am seeing SO many Seasonals in hatching sites right now, but I can't find a single one.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Actually, to be fair, the last two times I've bred (at least 10 different dragons, only one of which was a seasonal pair), I have received not a single egg, so maybe it's just a breeding low in general. This was with fertility too (purple fail).

Actually, to be fair, the last two times I've bred (at least 10 different dragons, only one of which was a seasonal pair), I have received not a single egg, so maybe it's just a breeding low in general. This was with fertility too (purple fail).

That's insane. It seems like you'd have to breed the seasonal with a rare and it wouldn't produce zilch. Although I got my first silver bred egg in over two years, but I'm not counting on luck.

I haven't been hunting in the Cave much--are the Summers being just as stingy as the Springs and Winters?

I don't know about others, but I've been hunting in the cave for them but found none. -.-

Got myself some CB Luminas though biggrin.gif

Edited by azurewingsofwind

Bred my 4 CB seasonals since Spring and no luck yet.

Haven't seen a Summer in cave yet, and since I only saw one spring I don't have much hope.

I think they're getting a little better. smile.gif I wasn't able to catch a single spring, but over the past couple of days, I've caught 3 summers. Keep hope, guys, I think they're making a comeback! Hopefully, at least. 3 CB summers down, 3 to go. I just wish I had some springs. They're my favourite. sad.gif

My last caught Summer C/B just grew up...it was a stroke of luck,but it WILL get better,and keep your eyes peeled,they ARE out there,and more coming ...

Rockin' On

Some time ago I spotted a CB somewhere but I didn't go for it because I didn't know that it wasn't "common" anymore (I rely on the wiki too much xd.png). Yep, now I regret it. Painfully.

I only have two springs - both traded, and I saw one in the Forest and failed to catch it. I was lucky enough to grab a third from the AP, but it gendered wrong >.< I am seeing SO many Seasonals in hatching sites right now, but I can't find a single one.

My situation exactly. I have one traded spring with a thick lineage, and thats it. I have seen one summer so far, and that was the AP...I was egg-locked, as always.

I feel like seasonals are coming back. A bit over a month ago, I bred 40+ seasonals and got one Spring. A few days ago, I bred around ten seasonals and got four Summers.

As a side note, does anyone else find it really silly that people are trading genuine rare stuff for CB Seasonals? Considering they've spent years being pretty dang common, I find it rather painfully amusing to see people trading good stuff for a breed that'll probably return to being common at some point in the not too far future.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I feel like seasonals are coming back. A bit over a month ago, I bred 40+ seasonals and got one Spring. A few days ago, I bred around ten seasonals and got four Summers.

As a side note, does anyone else find it really silly that people are trading genuine rare stuff for CB Seasonals? Considering they've spent years being pretty dang common, I find it rather painfully amusing to see people trading good stuff for a breed that'll probably return to being common at some point in the not too far future.

ahhh.... but there was a time when CB Blacks were Cave-blockers laugh.gif . Breeding has improved a bit - nothing like it once was, though. Somehow, I have a sinking, unhappy feeling that Seasonals may recover some, but won't be uber-common again for a long time (if ever!).

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Just successfully bred a Summer egg on the first try :3 http://dragcave.net/lineage/otLsB (CB Spring x CB Heartseeker, no fertility BSA used)

It's my second successful breed of Seasonals since summer started, so I agree, there is a little improvement. I usually have really bad luck at breeding dragons which are currently 'rare'...

I had been trying to breed spring seasonal dragons: eventually managed to get three in total by the turn of the seasons. Used plenty of fertility bsa to seemingly little effect.

Been doing the same for summer dragons and have already bred six. I definitely think they've improved.

I had been trying to breed spring seasonal dragons: eventually managed to get three in total by the turn of the seasons. Used plenty of fertility bsa to seemingly little effect.

Been doing the same for summer dragons and have already bred six. I definitely think they've improved.

Haven't bred a single egg so far. My progney is gonna look so strange when there are no springs. xd.png

I've bred three summers so far - they don't seem to be as reluctant as winters and springs were for me.