UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((How would they know how to hunt or even what real food is? They have been in a lab their whole lives))

Skye let out a huge yawn as she trudged into the cave. It was a bit chilly, but she didn't mind. Plopping down on the cave floor, she curled up in a tight ball and soon fell into a deep sleep, filled with human-less dreams.

((Short post))

A massive yawn escaped Tyra's lungs and she opened her mouth wide, breathing in the fresh air. Her eyes drooped slightly so she lay down to rest. All this running was making her quite exhausted. At least now they could sleep and regain their strength for a while. Suddenly, her stomach grumbled loudly; from previous experiences back at the lab, she knew what that meant. However, as she looked around, she noticed most all the other hatchlings were asleep. Her stomach again protested in want of food but Tyra tried to ignore it. Even though the air was a bit chilly and stone floor was cold, the ice hatchling felt just fine. Of course, she didn' t know why yet, so at the time she thought it was strange. She felt...almost like an outcast with the other hatchlings. If anyone tried to snuggle up to her, as hatchlings often do to keep warm at night, they would more than likely get too cold and have to leave. Sighing, she trudged over to the very mouth of the cave and lay down again, discouraged. At least she could look up at the sky and beautiful landscape; hopefully these feelings would go away...

((should we time skip to nightfall for the sake of the dragon's in the lab? I can send out Isthalas under cover of night and have her reflexively catch a squirrel in passing....so we can get the hunting started up? That's up to Song, though.))

((*Taps one microphone?* Hello? Anybody there? Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3!

What are we going to do?))

((I'm here... just not posting. I feel like Im rushing Vrael's training. It's only been like 2-3 days since the escape. Its unnatural If I make Vrael complete everything that quickly.. X.x))

((should we time skip to nightfall for the sake of the dragon's in the lab? I can send out Isthalas under cover of night and have her reflexively catch a squirrel in passing....so we can get the hunting started up? That's up to Song, though.))

((I'm all for a timeskip to night.))

((I'm here... just not posting. I feel like Im rushing Vrael's training. It's only been like 2-3 days since the escape. Its unnatural If I make Vrael complete everything that quickly.. X.x)) 

((I actually think we are all waiting on you. Anyways, I have a plan I want to act out, and I have to wait for night to do it.))

((Vrael is like only halfway done with his character development. I'm waiting for the story outside to progress before I post more on his training, so that I'm not rushing anything.))

((Yep, and Drow, why don't you make a second character so that you can roleplay while Vrael his slow going transformation in under way?))

((It's nighttime and the cameras have shut off. :3))

Song pressed against Spyro's side, warm. She snored gently in a deep sleep for the small hatchling had had a long day. Her slumber was dreamless, but did provide the rest she needed. The stars sparkled gently in the sky, not a cloud in sight. It didn't seem like anything could go wrong on such a silent night.

Tired, Klutz lay down towards the mouth of the cave.

"Hey, maybe I can sleep without having a terrible dream," said Klutz, with a small chuckle. He glanced out towards the darkening sky. This glance hardly lasted, as soon his eyes drooped, and he slumbered.

His dreaming was short and not memorable. It was interrupted by a large, orange, glowing figure in his unconcious mind. A voice overcame it.

Hello, again. the figure spoke. It had a familiar voice; the one of his father. You are close enough to me for me to be able to tell where you are. Actually, I need you to come to me.

A cool breeze whistled through the cave as the moon rose high in the night sky. Slowly, the young ice hatchling's violet eyes opened sleepily. The twinkling starlight reflected in her eyes as she slowly lifted her head. Again, she noticed she was alone, except for Klutz who was lying down at the mouth of the cave on the other side from her, and the ground beneath her was frozen solid. She sighed and wrapped her tail tighter around herself.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Fusion sat at the entrance of the cave, watching as the stars ever so slowly made their trek across the large, night sky. They just crept along like little slugs, though they were much brighter and prettier han slugs. Prettier than slugs with houses even, and Fusion had seen some pretty slugs with houses. She had eaten one on the way to the cave and it had made her tummy hurt real bad, so she decided that brightly-colored slugs with houses made hatchlings feel icky. The house that the slug had on its back was crunchy and choked her, while the slug itself was slimy, sticky, and didn't want to stay down.

The litte dorsal dragon had remembered the scientists saying something about a 'fail'. And that a fail was bad. Slug plus fail equaled Slail. But slail sounded wierd and didn't roll off her tongue. She liked words that rolled off of her tongue. So she changed to snail, the sn rolled off her tongue like the clear jelly that the scientists kept in jars. Fusion had tried to eat some but it stuck to the roof of her mouth. It got firmer after a few minutes and she was able to roll it into a ball and let it roll off her tongue. That was fun, at least at was until the scientist had come back into the room and hit her because she didn't eat her food and wasn't tired.

But all that wasn't important now, what was important was that stars were prettier than snails.

Ocius peeked his head up. He looked around and saw that the red dots had turned off. "Ryder, you up? I think it's time." He called out in a hushed voice, trying to get his attention.

((Okay, it's clear that this is going to be a little slow for a while.

I have a plot twist I had intended on saving for later, but I can use it now. For it, though, I need all the other dragons to go to sleep, okay? Would you do that for me?))

Moons watched as Klutz walked off. She decided to follow him. Molina ate some leaves. Yuck! They tasted terrible. But whatever. Moona soon after climbed onto the cave wall and jumped out to the mouth of the cave where Klytz was. "Hey, Klutz. I have a question... You know, about you... And about this cave." she lay down next to Klutz. She really was glowing-which was very surprising. She never got to see this since the lights in the lab were always on.

Edited by girlfairy76

The voice of his father faded away before he got a chance to listen in. It was replaced with another voice. An equally familiar one. He woke up.

"Hey, Klutz. I have a question... You know, about you... And about this cave."

"I was actually sleeping without horrible dreams," he said, somewhat half asleep. "What?"

((And, congrats on having exactly 365 posts at this time. *Confetti*)

Edited by thegreenrobby

Fusion yawned, her thought of slugs with houses and slugs without houses getting boring. She lay her head down on her paws and shut her eyes, feeling the pulsing earth below her slowly sap her energy until she was asleep. In her dreams she was looking at herself sleeping from afar, then a ghostly version of herself leaped out of her physical form and jumped into the dirt. Suddenly she was seeing through the apparition's eyes as it flew through the dirt, past the crust, the mantle, and finally into the core. The ghostly figure danced among the magma, playing with the molten rocks with her paws, forming it into little spheres or crazy shapes.

Then it was all gone... and the little dorsal dragon was romping in a field of giant brightly-colored mushrooms and slugs with houses. Her momma appeared, sitting on the top of one of the mushrooms. The human girl slid off of the toadstool and started walking towards Fusion, but before she could get to her, the little girl suddenly morphed into a hideous creature bent on distruction; her daddy. He strode up to her before she could run away and grabbed her around the waist. Daddy pulled a syringe from his lab coat and stuck her with it, making her droopy and tired. Thr mushrooms and slugs with houses disappeared from her view as everything faded to black.

Fusion didn't dream anything else for the rest of the night.

Spyro smiled in his sleep as the hatchling snuggled closer. He didn't like how he and the other hatchlings had gotten off at first, and he wanted to correct it. The young horse dragon knew that the humans would not let them escape much further without a fight. If they were fighing amongst themselves, then they would be easy targets...

Gizmo sat at the front entrance to the cave, looking up at the twinkling stars. Those are.... really bright. I wonder if the stars are made of fire too... maybe I can make stars! I know how to make and use fire! He shot a bright jet of flame into the sky and watched it fade as the leaping tongues of flame diminished in the air. He caught a glimpse of Song under Spyro's wing and smiled. Everyone's finally getting along, he thought, satisfied. Gizmo then returned his gaze to the fiery stars.

((Mind if I bring this up again?

((Okay, it's clear that this is going to be a little slow for a while.

I have a plot twist I had intended on saving for later, but I can use it now. For it, though, I need all the other dragons to go to sleep, okay? Would you do that for me?))

Still available, people!))

"Well..." Moona moved uncomfortably on the ground. "Who were you talking to deep in the cave? Like, you saying "father"? Isn't he... dead or something?" Moona stared at Klutz."Im not trying to be nosy... I just heard." She added after a while.

((This just makes me feel like they like eachother x.x))

"My father's not dead," Klutz replied, somewhat retortively. "He's well alive, and he talks to me. He actually was talking to me in my sleep. I bet if I focus, I can still hear him."

With that, he laid his head down and tried to fall back asleep, to further hear the beckoning words of his father.

-Isthalas felt her energy return to her like a slap in the face as the sun set, bleeding on the horizon and was quickly replaced by the regal ascent of the moon and it's entourage of stars. Before anyone could say anything, or even see her for she crept noiselessly amongst the shadows, she left the cave and made her way to the ledge just outside. Looking out at the yawning landscape she felt the cool air fill her lungs and chill her in a way that was equally pleasant and simply cold, making her shoulders shake with a small shiver.

Isthalas craned her neck as a flock of bats took to the air, their screeching ringing particularly loud in her ears especially. Suddenly she had an urge to eat, her stomach seemingly re-situating itself inside her as if in anticipation. She didn't know how to find slabs of meat like they had in the lab. Recalling the bats, just before they went out of sight, she extended her wings. Her broken one seemed to be mending but it still hurt like hell and it put tears in her eyes.

No matter, she thought, I'll just have to bear with it.

Isthalas was truly fortunate to have such a high pain tolerance. Leaping off the ledge she fell fast and hard like a rock dropping and bracing to shatter. So quickly, so quickly was the ground approaching, ready to catch her with it's unmoving palm trying to move up to greet her sooner. Isthalas couldn't get her broken wing to properly open to it's full span, the pinching of bone and wing membrane made her want to curse a stream of profanity that she'd learned from the humans but she bit it back. Closer still the ground came and only when she was inches from the ground did her wing straighten and catch the air, forcing her to level with the earth, grudgingly still and silent as her wake of dust forked around her body. From the force her leaf coat flew off and drifted back until it settled on a patch of grass looking like it was wrapped about a sleeping dragon. Turning her wings up and flapping she climbed the air with ease and came along beneath the bats she'd originally taken off after. They scattered and she chose one to follow, to watch to see how they fed themselves.

No matter how long Isthalas watched she couldn't seem to agree with their choice for food, bugs weren't exactly...tasteful. Leaving the bats she continued her search, staying close enough to the cave so she could still see it even from within the throng of trees. Finally, the vampire dragon found what she was looking for but she didn't stop flying, she hovered about and watched; if she landed she didn't think she'd be able to get back into the air from the pain, for now it was numb as she watched a stalking black leopard. It's agile muscles moved gracefully under it and carried it through the underbrush in silence towards it's prey; an unsuspecting hare nosing about a patch of daisy flowers. It leaped and silenced the cry of surprise with a swift fatal bite to it's neck, breaking it. Isthalas swallowed the scene down with her wide eyed gaze. She had to tell the others!

Oh, but maybe I should catch something first to bring it back to them? She recalled a few complaining of hunger and she wondered if she could mix the aerial tactics from the bats with the stalking agility of the leopard. She'd just have to try and so she set off in search of something to bring to the dragons waiting at the cave.-

((sorry, Robby, I can't put a vampire to sleep at night and since we time skipped, Isthalas slept during that time of the day.))

Edited by Chasilin

((If you intend to twist the plot please run it by me. TotallyDrow and Seacats did, if you were wondering.))