UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tyra let out a soft squeal, frustrated that she couldn't see Zero. Stumbling over herself, the ice hatchling attempted to see out of the hole but was unsuccessful and only managed to land on her stomach with an "Oof!". She groaned a bit but attempted to laugh, smiling slightly at Skye. "I usually don't have a problem walking b-but today I-I'm just so....tired..." she murmured. Tyra found every muscle in her body was purely exhausted, and she barely made it a few steps without tripping again and tumbling down onto the leaves at the bottom of the hole in the tree. The faint golden rays of the early morning pierced through the canopy of leaves above, down into the hole, and caressed her scales, revealing the dart wedged securely between two scales on Tyra's haunches. Hearing the far off noise of the two-leggeds' fire sticks, she was grateful she was inside the tree where it was safe. Also, unknown to her, two little bumps were beginning to form on her back right behind her shoulderblades, no doubt the start of wings.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Hehe whoops! Sorry, its a bit chaotic right now, and I forgot who was where. Edited my post... you may want to too Tyra. Sorry again wink.gif ))

Edited by Moonbeam22

((If the dragons at the hidey hole start moving then those who are not will have no way of knowing how to find the others....They need somewhere to fall back to while they collect those that got separated...))

Klutz estatic to see his friends come into the hidey hole with him. One person in particular, though, that caught his attention, was Tyra. She had two, flaring bumps on her upper back.

"Oh! Are you growing wings? How long does it take? I don't know when I'll get mine in. Should mine come in soon?" he asked, full of questions. He looked at the bumps again. He noticed a small, grey object in between some scales. "Ooh! What's THAT?" he questioned. He also noticed it was bleeding slightly. Maybe if I pull it out, she'll stop bleeding, his childhood logic told him. He slowly extended a claw towards the lodged matter. As soon as it gripped it, he pulled, moving only slightly faster than the claw extending.

((It's up to Tyra to decide if/how it comes out.))

((My god I love Klutz.))

Song smiled. "Hi Tyra," she said in a soothing voice. "Shoulder still hurting?" If it is, maybe we need to.... um.." The little White turned away. So if healing isn't my specialty, then athleticism is? That means I can't help them if they're hurt... But we have to leave very soon! We can carry them, I don't care! As long as we ALL get further away from the pink creatures safely! Her thoughts were fighting a war with themselves. But we don't have everyone! Where's Fusion? she thought, worry for the Dorsal coming over her. I should really stay here and watch the others, though.... What if the ink creatures come back?

Song glanced quickly over at Klutz, hearing yet another cascade of questions. He appeared to be pulling something out of Tyra's skin, between her scales. Do the noise-sticks jab those into us? Or do they make something else come out? Either way, it's got to go really fast to hit one of us. I mean, we aren't stupid.

"Guys, I'm going to look for Fusion. Don't be afraid to leave, I can catch up if I need to..." she said, her voice fading slowly. With that, she slowly climbed up the tree and walked out onto a long branch where she jumped to the next. Despite her pure exhaustion, she needed to find her friend. Song made circles and crooked paths slowly, scouring the ground for even one purple scale.

((If Song is looking for fusion she'll end up running into Isthalas and Mustafa, they're looking for her too.))

-Isthalas turned at a tree and Mustafa kept up, despite being tired, he long a realized that she had to be 100 times more worn out and if she could continue, so could he, and so he did without complaint. Mustafa watched the look int the vampires eyes, there was something about them...it contradicted how she acted outwardly and seemed to betray her true emotion. Mustafa was intrigued, and as they ran, it consumed his mind, thinking about what these peculiar hatchlings had gone through in the place they'd called a laboratory. Following,a nd all around being near another dragon, was very comfortable. Mustafa found himself wanting support their cause. Since his home had never once been disturbed by humans he wondered if the hatchlings might like to seek shelter there, it certainly had to be better than the hole Isthalas had described before. He descided he would wait to bring it up ince he was with the whole group. He had no clue how many there were.-

---------------------

-Isthalas clenched her teeth to fasten her jaw shut, forving air in and out through her nose she wouldn't tire too quickly. The moment she began to pant would be the moment her body admitted defeat. She still had to find the dorsal who was no where in sight.-

((Uhm...if Fusion doesn't post soon...we're going to be dragging out looking for her and the chances of escape are going to go down by a lot....))

((Hmm...what to do...))

Moonlight hissed at the human, but the scientist ignored her. She was grabbed and dragged, which Moonlight didn't like. "Get...off....of...me!" she hissed. Moonlight started climbing up his arm, hissing violently. "If we can make her work for us...then we might win...but if we had Annie, we'd be better. Go grab Anniena too; we can use them both to fight," a scientist said. Two nodded and ran to grab Anniena.

Anniena was locked in her cage again. She left me...let me be captured...why did I even trust her? she thought. At that moment, two scientist came and grabbed her by the front arms. She hissed. They ignored her and brought her into a testing room.

Edited by seacatsmew

((Sorry, I hafta get some sleep ya know. xd.png))

Blinking, Tyra turned her head behind. There was Klutz, chattering on as usual about something on her back... On her back?! "W-wait, what?" the ice hatchling exclaimed, trying to twist around to look at it better. Sure enough, she saw the two bumps behind her shoulder blades. "Wings?" she gasped, a smile coming to her face, "I-I'm getting wings!"

Just then, however, she felt a slight pinch lower down on her rump. "ow! W-what is that?" she asked worriedly, spotting the little grey thing stuck between two scales, "Is that one of those things that came out of the fire sticks?" Klutz had nimble claws though and before she could protest, he'd swiftly yanked out the dart, causing Tyra to give a little yelp. However, almost immediately after he'd pulled it out, Tyra began to feel better and she relaxed. "...w-what is that thing?"

As Song trotted along a thick and long branch watching the ground, she suddenly spotted dragons. Fusion!... Wait, that's Isthalas and her new friend. Maybe they're looking for Fusion too. I should help! she thought, leaping off the branch and landing with a rustle in some leaves. She started to run after them, but feelings of being followed crept into Song's mind, making her shake with fear as she slowed to a trot to look around. "The trees are better for me," she decided. She climbed up the nearest tree and began to bound through the branches in pursuit of Isthalas and the Silver. "Hey guys!" she called eagerly. "You looking for Fusion too?"

-Isthalas felt uneasy and it didn't help that Song suddenly reappeared out of nowhere from above them.-

"Hey guys!" she had called eagerly. "You looking for Fusion too?"

- Isthalas looked up at her, slowly letting out the breath that she had sucked in out of surprise.- "Mmmn..we can't find her though...I can hardly pick up her secent with all the fleshies stinking up the place." -Her words were harsh but her voice was flat and borish despite the irritated gleam in her eyes. Versus her 'heroine in the sunset' posture, having stopped to talk, one foot slightly foward, chest pushed out, shoulders back, tail curled to the side ever so slightly, neck stretched out elegantly with her jaw slightly tipped to the side as she looked at the trees, it was quiet the controversial setting.

Slowly looking around, she pulled in a breath and let it out, tasting the air that tickled her sore throat.- "We should keep looking. Normally, splitting up to cover more ground is the right way to handle something like this but...with the fleshies poking about, I'd prefer if you stuck close to me Song, you too, Mustafa, they'll catch you, lab born or not, if they are given the chance."-She never once looked at Mustafa as she spoke, she just stared into the trees as if there were something there helping to order her thoughts and encourage her. Suddenly beginning to walk Isthalas realized she was taking things along at her pace, it's what she couldn't help, not at a time like this.- "We should probably keep moving...I don't like the way the wind is whispering..."

----------

-Mustafa watched the vampire dragon in quiet curiosity. She was different, she was interesting, and he had a feeling she was going to be hard to work around, but at least she cared. Mustafa gave a small smile and followed after her as she started off again. Isthalas only intrigued him more by her peculiar choice of words.- What a romantic way to put it, he thought, it somehow suits her despite everything.

((-slaps self silly-....bad...imagination... guu~))

Gizmo trotted through the woods, bored as usual. He yawned, showing his white teeth, then continued to pad about the leaves at his own leisurely pace. "Nothing ever changes around here," he mumbled to himself, almost complaining. "I mean, why can't I make some friends or something? Why are there no other dragons in the area?" He continued to mumble to himself, not really caring where he was going.

Bored out of his mind, Gizmo picked up a small branch in his black claws that had been laying in the grass. "Bye," he said flatly, spitting a tiny ball of fire onto it. The flames danced and flickered, devouring the stick hungrily. He smiled slightly. Fire was just about the only thing that really interested him anyway. He discarded the ashy branch into a pile of dirt and kept moving, looking for something new to interest him.

So, why aren't there any other dragons around? I've never even caught a whiff of their scent, or a scale, or a piece of hair, or a den, or prey bones, or anything! Gizmo thought sadly. Being an excited playful dragon was just no fun when there was nobody to share the fun with! As he trotted along, he noticed the sun slipping as the horizon and the fingers of darkness slowly creeping up the sky, revealing the stars hidden away in the daytime. It's getting dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They should be retreating back to their Facility soon. I mean, they don't like the dark. Back at the Facility they went away when the light went away," Song murmured, thinking out loud. "And they won't be able to see us in the dark. Maybe that's why they're afraid of the light going away. Maybe it's because they don't like not being able to see," she mused. "On a side note, I think I'll follow you from up here. I don't feel safe on the ground," she called down to them. Being caught. No, that would be bad. Song was barely paying attention to her surroundings as she watched the sun's light die and the last of the sky taken over by dark. The thin slice of moon that hung in the sky was the only thing left to light he way.

Moona looked at the other hatchlings. "so.... Klutz, what was Isthalas talking about, I mean "I'll keep my promise!" sounds weird." She said."And what was she doing? Those.. Flying things look like they hurt!" She added. She curled up under a root of the tree.

Klutz held up the strange thing she found within the scales of Tyra.

"It's like a rock, but it's made out of the stuff that the lab was made out of... ((Metal)) Maybe that's what the loud sticks do! They launch them!" he exclaimed, taking pride in his semi-intelligent remark. He turned around to Moona; she was trying to say something.

"Isthalas is keeping her promise?" He thought for a moment. No promise came to mind. "I don't know."

(( -.- Is it weird that I totally got 'quazimoto' from Gizmo....maybe it's just me...))

-Isthalas listened to Song and narrowed her eyes, while this was true, smething still just didn't feel right. As the sky bled to it's death, clouds stained ruby and stars glowing madly as they peeked out from the wounds of the world, Isthalas felt very insecure. To match her mood, her body sank below her shoulders and she began to move in a quick, controlled, sprint, dashing through the underbrush with her wings tight to her flanks. Fusion...the little dorsal...where are you? and... are you safe?

With the white scar of the moon, it's crescent glow slashed in the black veil which was quickly blanketing the forest, shining with it's futile might, Isthalas began to feel very small..yet...power was building up. Somehow she felt that while the day was clear, the night was sharper, it was a blade's edge and she felt she was running along it's broadside. It was dangerous but the path was smooth and natural, it was easy to see, it was comfortable. Night. she thought, it's my one true comfort, my one true ally. Beside her, she noticed a faint glow, she turned to look and found something more dazzling than the moon but still with her same, sad beauty. Mustafa! she turned away and looked ahead of herself, thinking amongst her inner most sanctuaries. To see something that exists to be so unearthly beautiful...it's really soothing. Somehow...though, I feel really sad. I wouldn't ever be able to handle being that breathtaking...I would grow very tired of being treated kindly for my appearance rather than my personality. Isthalas could have nodded descicively about her thoughts but she didn't, she just kept running as if Mustafa was meerely Mustafa at her side, who ever he may be on the inside, that's who was running with her, not the sad moon.-

------------

Mustafa calmly adjusted his pace to match the fiersome night predator, his eyes were striking against his subtly glowing silver scales, the grey silky mane billowed and his tail stuck out like banner dancing on waves. He was beautiful, night revealed that much, but he could be a predator too, his alluring appearance, his detatched and indifferent gaze, and his air which led on his brilliance making him seem like a piece of the moon running on the earth to guide those she cold not see.

Mustafa felt Isthalas look at him and felt it was the most normal thing in the world. Well, now, that was different. He'd never been looked at without bringing unwanted attention and loud blistering voices to ring in his ars, and dragons to pretend to be kind to. Yet, when she looked at him, he felt like he was the most normal dragon on the world. It felt good.-

((Sound effects. I like sound effects. They'd go perfect with this role play.))

Moonlight and Anniena had a thick glass was separating them. They couldn't break the glass; it was too thick and strong. A small dish of food was on the other side. The food didn't have anything in it; it was just food. There was also a dish of clear plain water beside it. But to get there, the hatchlings would have to make it through flames, smoke, water, claw-like and teeth-like objects, and a bright light that was impossible to see through. But the two hatchlings were hungry.

Moonlight was freed from her glass cage first into the food area. She jumped over the small flames, and found small opening through the big ones. She was out of the fire in no time. But next was the smoke. Moonlight got through it alive and gasping for air, since she held her breath. She easily swam through the water, and dodged the claws and teeth. She followed the scent in the light, and ate her food and water happily. But Anniena hadn't had her test yet...

Edited by seacatsmew

((Is there something going on between the two of you? I have something to say about it, but I'm not entirely sure if it's okay for the forums. So I'm just going to put this one word in the spoiler.

EDIT: Spoilers don't work here, appearantly. And now, I am starting to think it isn't innapropriate, considering there are threads talking about gay marrige and such on the discussion section. So, Necrophilia?

Just saying.))

Klutz glanced outside, taking marvel in the sunset.

"Wow... Hey, Tyra. Moona. Look at this!" he exclaimed, pupils growing in the mango-hued light. "It's so pretty!" The warming sky reminded him of strange, tropical fruit. His thoughts drifted to his stomach.

"Ooh, I'm hungry!" he exclaimed. This is when he remembered Chasilin's promise. "Chasilin said she would get me something to eat. I hope she does soon."

Edited by thegreenrobby

"Oh." Moona said. She crawled up to see the beautiful sunset. "It's a sunset. It's when the sun goes down." She said. She turned around."can't we find food? Like.. That thing the pink creatures eat? What was it... Man-goes? I think... Why don't we look for some man-goes?" Moona said. She didnt like the name "man-goes". It sounded funny. "I wonder why they call it "Man-goes." She said.

Skye slowly crawled out of the hole and hopped up onto a large boulder. The humans had gone, but she knew they would come back in the morning to search for them again. She lifted her gaze to the sky as it turned from blue to pink then to red and finally black. The little Daydream gazed at the twinkling stars and shining moon in awe. It's so... pretty! I wish it were like this all the time. she thought, swishing her tail back and forth off the boulder happily.

Sure that is was safe, Skye called softly over her shoulder to Tyra, "Come out and see this! It's soooooooo pretty!" Returning her gaze to the forest around her, she could see a fat robin perched in a tree. Could I eat that...? she pondered.

Could I eat that...? she pondered.

((THIS cracked me up.

Also, Man-goes. *reaches for mind in gutter*))

"Man-goes. Huh. That sounds funny." There was a small beat from the Ochredrake. "I want one," he decided. Now, to get out of the hole...

Edited by thegreenrobby

((I don't know what you mean by

Is there something going on between the two of you? I have something to say about it, but I'm not entirely sure if it's okay for the forums. So I'm just going to put this one word in the spoiler.

EDIT: Spoilers don't work here, appearantly. And now, I am starting to think it isn't innapropriate, considering there are threads talking about gay marrige and such on the discussion section. So, Necrophilia?

Just saying.

but -sobs- Klutz...while that is one of her promises..it wasn't the one I had told Moona to remind him about. It was that she would be coming back... -slinks off- I'll just... go die in a hole now TT-TT))

((Klutz...while that is one of her promises..it wasn't the one I had told Moona to remind him about. It was that she would be coming back... -slinks off- I'll just... go die in a hole now TT-TT))

((You can't really blame him. He's a moron! A cute, lovable moron!))

Gizmo continued to trot through the darkening greenery, still not knowing what to do. Suddenly a loud rustling shot over his head, as well as another farther off between the trees. In between the leaves went the glint of snow-white scales. Dragons! he thought excitedly, energy coursing through his veins. His gait turned from a leisurely jog to a full-outrun as he chased the sound of rustling leaves. "Wait! Who are you? Talk to me!" Gizmo called, desperate to meet another dragon. He raced through the fallen leaves and dirt, trying to keep sight of the flowing white scales.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song turned back to see who was calling out, ignoring the fact that she was about to make a jump to the next branch and slipped, her claws sliding uselessly against the bark. She shrieked in surprise as she fell, angry that she had slipped again. As she neared the ground Song collided with something softer and bounced off, landing with a thump! in the dirt. She looked up and saw a red dragon with the same stunned-confused look as herself.

Gizmo looked down at the dragoness who had just fell from the tree and hit his back, breaking her fall. He didn't really know what to say except for "Hi! Oh, another dragon! I've been looking for dragons for so long! Where did you come from? What is your name? Why did you fall? Do you know any other dragons? What are their names? Where do you live? Do you have a cave? Or a den? Or do you live in a tree? Or in the mountains? I've been so lonely! I live in a cave not too far from here! Would you like to see it! My name's Gizmo! Do you like traveling through the trees?" He couldn't stop. All his thoughts were pouring out at once until he slapped a blackened paw over his mouth and mumbled "Sorry!" He looked away and cleared his throat and turned back around. "Hi, I'm Gizmo!" he said cheerfully, if not ashamedly.

Song was overwhelmed by all the questions and sighed in relief as he stopped. If he hadn't put his paw over his mouth I swear I would've. He kept going on and on and on and ON! she thought, getting up into a sitting position. "Well, let's start from the beginning. My name's Song of the Wolves; call me Song," she said flatly, looking at the Stripe who called himself Gizmo. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my friends." With that she darted off into the darkness, leaving Gizmo behind.

"I want to come with you!" Gizmo exclaimed, spreading his wings and flying after the swift White. He was much older than her, but still a hatchling. He spiraled upward and followed the sound of her running and the shine of her pure-white scales.

Song soon had climbed a tree and was racing after Isthalas and the Silver. "I'm afraid that we will have to move on tomorrow morning. If not, the pink ones will come back for us with their noise-sticks. Fusion will have to find us unless she was recaptured or.... or..." Song faltered. She couldn't bring herself to say the rest of the sentence. Head lowered and spirit downed, she followed her friend in silence.

Tyra blinked several times as her vision began to clear and her strength slowy returned. Turning around, she smiled brightly at Klutz. "Thank you! That grey thing must have been making me sick; I feel a lot better now." Leaning forward, she gave Klutz a quick lick on the cheek, thankful for his helpful efforts then proceeded to try and climb out of the hole, hearing Skye's voice. "Coming Skye!" she called back, grunting as she lept up to the opening and managed to clamber out. She hopped down to the cool grass then looked upwards. "Woah..." she whispered breathlessly, "There are so many of those shiny dots up there! It's beautiful..." Smiling widely, she hopped over to Skye, sitting beside the Daydream.