UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ocius was surprised when two other dragons ran around the corner and handed Ryder something. He heard them whispering. He thought he heard them say read it. He sighed, something was going on, and he hoped they knew what they were doing.

((Moonlight is going to end up sacrificing herself to save one dragon. It'd be sad if she died.))

Moonlight opened her eyes. "I must prove that I will save him..." she whispered. She pulled the key ring and looked for the key that matched the door. She put it in with a leap and turned the knob. The door opened. "I am not lying! Stop listening to the humans! Do you really want to kill the others, the ones that are trying to save the rest of us? Think!" Moonlight said quietly. She hid inside the room, making sure not to be seen. She ran over to the box and tried to push it off. "I..do..not..lie!" Moonlight was angry, and her anger strengthened her. She slashed at the box, creating a dent. She continued until she had created a hole. "Just trust me. I will free you. If you don't believe...oh, just trust me!" She slashed again, making the hole bigger. Her scales shined in the light, and she worked quickly. Moonlight hid whenever she heard a human. Even if humans would capture her, she was going to free Vrael.

Annie watched the Royal Blue dragon go into a room. She then focused on the two dragons she was trying to free.

Edited by seacatsmew

((You guys in captivity will be caught; the cameras are on right now.))

Song, momentarily lost in space, did not hear the humans coming up behind her. A sharp bang! snapped her back and the White dragoness whipped around. The pink creatures! They've come for us! Song thought, her heart beating frantically. Her first instinct was to run towards the far off scent of her friends, but the creatures would only follow. Looking around, she picked up a sharp stick and ran towards the group of pink things. Seeing the lead one, she took her projectile and sent it flying like a missile towards the lead pink creature.

The man screamed as the stick struck his eye. Song, knowing that she had angered the creature, ran. She kept running, hopping over roots and diving under bushes. She finally came to an abrupt stop as the forest cleared away and found herself at the edge of a cliff. Terrified, she looked over the edge into the dizzying blackness. I'l never survive if I jump! she thought, scared. Her tiny wings twitched, but they were not big enough for flying. The humans were very close now. Get pushed or jump. "Great options," Song mumbled. She skirted around the humans and walked along the crumbling edge, looking for something that might aid in her escape. Seeing a tree with very rough bark she climbed up at sat in a leafy fork.

"There it is!" screamed one of the humans as the hatchling disappeared into the leaves. "Shoot the tree!" said another. They all raised their guns and started to fire into the green leaves, but never hearing the scream of the hatchling or seeing it fall. Didn't they know that Song had jumped into some other tree and was well on her way to the roots where her friends resided?

-Isthalas saw a group of fleshies chasing after Song and her first instinct was to attck them but, before she had the chance, the White expertly out maneuvered them, dissapearing safely into a tree. Isthalas skirted around to meet Song, smiling despite herself towards the White's incredible instincts. She gave a low hum tht would be only audible to another dragon, and Song, as far as Isthalas knew, was the only one close enough to hear it. She waited to get a glmpse of the white figure before making any moves to say anything. Having found Song, that left the dorsal fin and Zero.-

(aww Dx i left Ryder.... Moona had to. she is crying right next to me right now.)

Moona dove in tumbling and saw Klutz. taking [uffs of breathe, she said. "Klutz... Isthalas said... To keep.. the promise.. whats that about?" she said. Inside her head, she was thinking, maybe i could've saved Ryder if i picked him up... but, i cant get him now... she thought sighing. she lay down under a root."Than again.. Everyone that got out lost a friend they liked. Not excactly loss." she muttered.

((Note: I had distracted the humans by tearing apart the eyes of one of them. The humans, shortly after the event involving Tyra's dragon is when it happens. The humans dart away after that, okay? We'll just pretend that is happened AFTER it.))

Song poked her face out of the leaves and smiled down at Isthalas. "Hey!" she whispered. "We can't stay here much longer! The pink creatures with their noise-sticks will find us! Let's go find the others!" With that, Song disappeared from view, the only evidence of her presence the slowly fading rustles that sounded as she left through the branches of the trees.

((lolsies okies Klutz. nyaaaan -can barely contain excitement- I'm adding in my new charriiiieeeeeeeee -huggles him to near death. I actually got the inspiration from Mustafa, the White Leopard and Eugene the suposed human reincarnation of Mustafa on the anime series called Hanasakeru Seihounen.))

-A dim glow shone with a radiance that came to par with the moon, She; who dazzled the night sky accompanied by it's glimmering stars in the darkness. It belonged to a young silver dragon, who slept deep within a cave, by the name Mustafa, and he was about to have a rude awakening. In the silence that filled the moments before the chaos, the silver drempt of his parents and of a time that had long passed but would forever remain in his heart.

Soon, an ear-splitting explosion of air and shrieking hatchlings filled his cave, awakening Mustafa. His striking green eyes opened slowly to reveal the beautiful specks of gold and silver within them. Staring out at the mouth of his cave, the same one he'd once shared with his mother and father, Mustafa wondered if he should concern himself with the calamity beyond his safety. As the shrieks of dragons came closer, he answered his own question and rose to his feet in one single movement. Regaining feeling in his tired limbs, he began his slow and graceful pace outside his cave and into the open air. Just as he emerged a bullet bit the air and nestled into the rock beside him, this was no time to relax. Suddenly, his whoe stance changed and he became a lithe and dangerous predator, moving stealthily along in the forest he knew so well.

Before long he came upon two dragons fleeing, one traveling by way of ground, the other through branches, he could tell by the faint, however distinct, rustle of leaves. They were headed adjacent of him so he quickly came into step with the female vampire who ran with a determination that struck a blow to his heart. He wondered why she was trying so hard, and what, or who, for. His movements, he realized, were as, though slightly more, lithe than her own, but it was easy to see that in vampirism, the frightening grace they posses is something hard to matched. In his cool voice, like silk gracing smooth and untarnished silver, he asked her a question in accompany to his introduction.-

"I am Mustafa, I live near by and was arosed from my sleep by the surrounded chaos. What is going on?"

----------------------

-Isthalas nodded and sprinted off after the retreating form of Song. She followed by the ground because there was no hope of her wing possibly being able to handle being in a tree, or to keep her balanced well enough to travel branch to branch. Not too soon later a silver dragon, one like none she's ever seen before, since she has never seen one before, came up to her side and ran at her pace. Isthalas was speechless at his beuty and felt, suddenly, very self concious, but his voice made her concentrate on a reply.-

"I am Mustafa, I live near by and was arosed from my sleep by the surrounded chaos. What is going on?"

"Isthalas. We have just escaped from a human lab and Song, the white above us, and myself are trying to find two dragons who have strayed from the rest. There are others." -Isthalas made a sad expression for a moment as she thought of Tyra and Klutz and the state she'd left them in. She tucked away her emotions and was quick to continue after the brief lapse in conversation.-"They are hiding in the roots of a great tree near some water."

Thanks to the mental fortifications around his thought's. Nothing that moonlight said could reach him. Vrael had shut himself from the outside world in an attempt to escape all the lies, the deceit, the torture. In this little mental world of his, it was only him. There was nothing and no one in it that could betray him like those in the real world whom he considered to be friend's.

Vrael now sat there in the darkness, his head slumped over. He was numb to everything that was going on outside now.

A guard was alerted to moonlight's attempt via the camera which was monitoring the room. Two intern's were now on their way into the room to detain Moonlight.

Tyra lay curled up tightly deep in the hole of the tree, snuggled next to Skye. Even though the little female ice hatchling was unconscious, her mind was still away with a flurry of thoughts. Would they escape? Or would the two-leggeds find them and drag them back to the torterous facility? Then, she thought she heard something in her mind, like the distressed call of another hatchling. She tried to calm her other thoughts, trying to focus in on the other hatchling. Suddenly, it became clear. It was Vrael, and he was in trouble! Tyra heard his cries of despair then angry mutterings of hate. No, Vrael....we still care for you! I still care for you... I tried to find you but everything happened so fast. I even ran back, risking my life to try and bring you with us but it would have resulted in Isthalas and myself getting recaptured or killed... Vrael...I'm so sorry... I promise, I WILL come back for you... She tried her best to project these thoughts to the other ice hatchling, to soothe his suffering. In her sleep, frosty tears trickled down her cheek.

((Sorry, i was at school))

Ryder nodded, eyes wide. He opened the map and carefully read the plan to Ocius. After he finished her grabbed it up and sighed. "Sounds good!" he told him, overjoyed some others came back to save them. He glowed from happyiness and adreneline.

Edited by Laurarockstar

Ocius listened to the plan. "Ok, I understand. The only problem is, we are trying to sneak around with cameras covering every nook. How exactly are we to get into the monitoring room?" Ocius was not about to completely reject the plan, but he wanted to know a bit more before they tried to do anything.

"I hear a voice. Who are you talking to, Isthalas?" came Song's curious voice from the trees. She peeked down between the branches and saw a stunning Silver running alongside her vampire friend. "Hi! I'm Song!" she called down, forgetting to focus on the branches.

Misjudging a jump because of her distraction, Song landed short and slipped. "Eek!" she shrieked in fear as her claws dug themselves into the wood. She almost felt herself about to give way, but remembered her tiny wings that could give the lift she needed. That was close! she thought with a sigh of relief as she fluttered her tiny wings and pulled herself back up onto the branch. Song looked ahead. Isthalas and the Silver had covered quite a bit of distance. You need to get over there fast.

Looking straight ahead, Song got up and raced on. I have distance to make up for that slip! she thought, leaning forward and pressing herself to go faster. Determination glittered in her brown eyes as the leaves and branches became a blur. The two dragons on the ground slowly came closer as the White but Song's travel was constantly delayed by leaves blocking her view. Every time she gained distance, she fell back. Faster! she thought angrily, forcing her legs to propel her through the branches faster.

Now I'm catching up! she thought confidently, the flowing shapes of Isthalas and the strange Silver dragon getting closer. Her breathing was ragged and she was tired, but Song forced herself to keep sprinting on. Tyra and Klutz are both hurt, I think. I hope the pink ones didn't get them with their noise-sticks! she worried, concern for her friends washing over her like a wave. Soon she was directly over the running dragons and was about to call down to them when suddenly her eyes met something new.

That tree up next is too far away! I'll never make it! she thought with fear. Song had progressively gotten higher and was now a good twenty or thirty feet up. You have to make it. She sighed, knowing her conscious was right. I can make it! I can make it! I CAN MAKE IT TO THE NEXT TREE! she thought as she neared the end. This was it. Song bent down as she neared the edge and suddenly launched off the end as if she had been fired from a cannon.

Her white scales glittered like stars as Song sailed through the air. Her tail fluttered behind her like a streamer. Her silver-feathered wings gleamed. I-I'm flying! she thought excitedly, stretching out her legs as she swiftly neared the next tree. "I made it!" she cheered as her claws sank into the soft bark. Song continued to run, picking lower and lower branches as she hopped down. This is the tree my friends are under, she thought happily, climbing down the trunk. She jumped off and landed in the dirt, exhausted. "What a run!" she gasped, walking over to Tyra and Klutz and laying down.

((Yeah, Song is pretty athletic... :3))

"Ya..." Ryer agreed, slumping slightly. Tears filled his eyes as he thought about the amazing forest, he then whished his friends well, hoped the would meet again, and manned up. "I wonder what can kill them..." he mumbled, thinking for a long time, tail twitching in anticipation. "Maybe... We should kill them normally? Someone would need to fly up there and kill them though." Ryder glanced back at the wings he longed to use.

The very small, practically newborn gold listened to the conversation. She sighed sadly and started to cry. Scarlett curled up in a tiny ball and felt alone and defenseless. She was so scared, and the dragons around her were gone. She sighed as Song's absense was noted.

Ocius shrugged even though he knew Ryder would not see it. "There is only so much we can do. I don't think we could kill them, and even if we could, we may get only one or two, if any, before one of us gets caught." Ocius sighed. The proposed plan was simple, but there were so many problems with it at the same time. They would have a hard time escaping from this place.

An angry scientist was walking by the edges of the cage area know, and Ryder paid close attention. It put down a cup of something on a table and bent over what looked like one of the watchers (camera). He mumbled a couple words, and looked ready to hang up the watcher on the wall when he knocked over the liquid with his elbow and got it all over the watcher. The buzzing sound it usually made whirred off and it's red eye (Light) blink off. "Ocius!!! The liquids kill the watchers!!!' he said excitedly, jumping up and down. Even though he had made this discovery, no one was sure if it would be any use at all.

((@Song that was so much fun to read!))

-Isthalas kept herself plenty aware of where Song was and as her friend fell behind, she had half a mind to turn around, but before long Song was back up and running above them. Isthalas smiled to herself invisibly proud of the white as she continued to reveal her athletic potential. Before, the white had been down about her poor capabilities as a healr, but what she showed now, well, it far surpassed anything she could have done with healing magic. In the way that Song ran with such energy and pure hearted determination, it healed you in it's own way, Isthalas knew, Song was meant for more than a simple life.

Returning her thoughts to the silver at her side she remembered that the dorsal and Zero were still missing. Depressed by this revelation and simultaneously struck with renewed vigor, she cut left and did a 'U' turn that curled around to make more of a 90° angle if you removed the circling around bit, she meerely hadn't wanted to run right, straight into the silver. For reasons unkown to her, the silver followed her and Song soon dissapeared from all senses of location but Isthalas knew where she was headed and was quite able to say, with conviction, that her friend had made it there safely. Song could handle herself well enough on her own.

--------------------

Mustafa gave a charming smile to Song and looked back at Isthalas before he had any notice of the white's slip up. He ran alongside the vampire dragon in silence, he was processing all he'd heard. In some small way, he wanted to squeeze out a tear, but the passion that was xerted through both of the females sheer determination, made it impossible to be able to pity such creatures.

Out of nowhere Isthalas veered around sharply to her left to avoid him as she made a 90° angle out of her turn, running now to the right. Something, though he did not know what, perhaps the fatal curiosity of that cat who took hold of his feline-like eyes and spun him into impossible situations like these, compelled him to follow her. Turning abruptly to his right, he was now on her left side and evenly matched her foot for foot, step for step, heart beat for heart beat, as they ran. Just where was she going and why was she so determined to get there? Being on her left, he could now clearly see a fleck of white poking out between crusted patches of dry blood on her wing, fresh new currents trickled down her wing, slowed only by the clog of dried blood and dirt. How could she possibly hav so much nergy to run in that condition and what could ever be so important that she suffer through the pain that she undoubtably was feeling. It occured to him only then, that the only thing precious enough to fight for so dilligently and so self-sacrificially for, is life.

At this revelation, Mustafa felt a sudden fondness begin to sprout for the vampire dragon. Whether or not it would bloom into a friendship worth having depended entirely on what ever may happen to them both as time would inevitably go on.-

((We need nightfall or something to come soon to have the scientists shoo -.-))

Edited by Chasilin

Ocius thought about this new bit of info. The watchers were weak to water. That would mean that they would not be completely sealed closed like a body. "The liquid must get into it somehow. Which leads me to believe that maybe we could open them up and tear up what ever makes them work." He knew it sounded brutal, but then again, neither of them knew the cameras were not alive.

((-rapid fire pokes Burner- We're still looking for Zero D:...and Fusion when she ever get's on o.o))

Jolting awake, Tyra let out a soft squeal, her violet eyes still glossy with tears. "...Vrael...," she whispered hoarsely, her voice still rough from the thick smoke. She found herself extremely tired and her breathing raspy from not getting enough fresh air. She also felt a slight pinch between two of her scales but didn't take time to see what it was because she spotted Song outside. What she didn't know was that there was a tiny dart wedged between two scales on her rump, which had caused her to pass out. "Song? Song!" the thin ice hatchling croaked, seeing the majestic white fly down into the hole. Tyra was just relieved to be among the other hatchlings.

Tyra clenched her eyes shut, feeling slight aching pain on her back just behind her shoulderblades. Her thoughts and vision still fuzzy, Tyra whimpered, trying to sit up. Her normally glimmering indigo scales were dusted black from the smoke, making them itch. She saw Song as almost a mother figure, even though the white and ice hatchlings were both about the same age.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((*Deflects pokes* I was in the middle of typing when you started poking me.))

If the group of humans pursuing the hatchlings were paying attention to their group, that would have noticed on of them ad fallen behind, and they would find the human dead, mauled by Zero.

"Pathetic parasites, they and any who stand with them should be slaughtered..."

Zero wiped the fresh human blood off his paws, not wanting to leave something the other human could track him with. When that small task was finished, he dived back into the underbrush. Weaving through the thick underbrush, he bearly escaped the human's sights. He managed to reach where the hatchling sent seemed to lead... Only to see Isthalas and Song practically walk right past him. "If you two didn't notice, I'm right here" Zero said, his usual sad tone had the sound of playfully poking fun at his fellow young dragons. He then noticed a silver adult standing right behind "Oh, hello, my name is Zero."

Zero's voice soon met Tyra's ears, and she snapped her head in that direction. "Zero?" she called out pitifully, her poor voice still gravelly. She attempted to stand and look out of the hole in the tree but found her arms and legs almost numb with exhaustion. Why was she so tired and sluggish? She whimpered, not being able to communicate with Zero from her position in the tree.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Get down," Skye whispered, tugging Tyra gently down further into their hiding spot. "We need to wait for the others to come, and for the humans to leave. It's not safe otherwise." The little Daydream gulped at the thought of the humans catching them again.

Edited by Moonbeam22

((-taps her poking finger- bad, bad! I sowwy T~T))

-Since Song had long since gone, Isthalas halted, her claws digging into the earth and snagging on dead leaves which gave her little to use as a break. Scattering the debris about her in a wake, she jogged up to Zero and crashed into him with a firm grunt of annoyance. She'd been terribly worried for his life and here he comes, scampering out of a bush like nothing had happened. Like hellfire! Isthalas, even after impact, bent her head around and gripped the back of Zero's neck and flung him in the direction of Song.- " If you have time to play around, get to the other's where it's safe, we still have someone who's missing." -Isthalas didn't mean to be so...well...mean, but she had no other way through her mask to convey how she felt, how worried she was for their lives, for their safety, and the pain she was putting up with to ensure it wasn't ever jeopordized.

After letting go of Zero Isthalas made her posture up to be tall and stern, her eyes looked down as her neck arched up high and her wings parted ever so slightly. She was not waiting for him to be intimidated, she was waiting for him to get a move on to the others. In a voice laced with her dissapointment and a hidden undertone of her relief of seeing his safety she said.- "They'll be under the roots of the large tree by a stream of water. It's hard to miss if you follow your nose and trust your eyes and ears." -Zero, like Song, could handle himself, she'd seen him take down a fleshie before, so she left him with that and turned back to Mustafa who looked slightly surprised. He clearly hadn't anticipated such a side to her.-

----------------------

Mustafa skid and smoothly pulled himself out of his run to stop with great ease. Beside him; Isthalas apeared to stop but, much to hs surprise, as the dragon emerged and said his peace, Isthalas did not stop, no, she barreled right into the poor thing and even tried to toss him about. Mustafa hadn't expected this to come from the beautiful creature he'd been running beside, the dragon who was determined, despite herself, to find those that were missing and bring them to safety. Now, before him, sat a dragon who's chest was risen nearly as high as her head which towered to show off a kind of defiant dominance. From what Mustafa could gauge, she was probably a hard match to go up against being that she was a vampire and possesed unnatural speed, strength, and reflexes. There was more to it though, Mustafa only caught it when she spoke. She was not trying to fight or dominate anyone.

When she returned to him, it took a moment for him to settle the figurative feathers that had ben ruffled, she had seen it though. Isthalas said nothing, she just walked by him and picked up her impossible pace again and Mustafa was right there to pick it up with her. According to her, there was one left unaccounted for.-

((-begs for forgiveness on behalf of Isthalas...- P.S. Skye, right now Fusion and Isthalas are not with the group, Zero, I hope, should be on his way, and that leaves Song, Klutz, Moona, and yourself together. They are in the hidey hole to wait out the humans before continuing...))

Edited by Chasilin