UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Song took quick note of Skye then walked over to Isthalas. She looked like she wanted to talk to me or something, she thought, trying to clear her head and put on a happy face. "Hi Isthalas!" she peeped cheerfully, but quiet enough as to not wake Klutz. Her wings hurts, Song thought sadly. She shook her head then looked back at Isthalas expectantly.

Skye padded over to the hatchling called Klutz as he lashed about in his dreams, screaming. She bent down and nuzzled him gently. "Come on, wake up" she said. He was having a nightmare. Something then clicked in he back of her mind. Her mother's voice echoed: Go into his dream... relieve him of it... Touching her nose to his head, Skye reached her mind out and entered his dream.

The little Daydream nearly screamed at what he was seeing. Forcing herself to stay focused, she cast the dream away, out of his thoughts. Carefully thinking up a new one, she put him in a lush meadow with the rest of the hatchlings. They were all grown up, some with mates and even hatchlings. There. Now he can sleep peacefully. she thought, removing herself from his mind.

((I m not trying to godmod, if that's what this is. Just trying to have Skye do something useful.))

Tyra finally gave up, seeing Song was more worried about Klutz than excited about the little ice hatchling's new wings. Looking around, she noticed the other hatchlings had gone ahead and she was still behind. "H-hey, wait up!" she called out frantically, limping on three legs to the group as fast as she could.

Suddenly, there was a loud, blaring noise that seemed to claw at Tyra's ears, causing her to cover them with her new wings. Lights around the testing facility began to flash red as the screeching noise continued. "W-what's going on?!" Tyra tried to yell above the alarm. You could softly hear the shouting voices of the humans as they scurried around inside, grabbing tranqualizers and such. "W-we need to g-get out of here!!" the little ice hatchling cried, beginning to limp deeper into the forest, "Come on!!"

((Is this post ok? If not and it seems like godmodding, I'll change it. It just seems it's about time the guards noticed the hatchies were missing. 83))

From within the confines of his steel prison, the sound's of alarm's ringing caught his attention. A red glow entered through the only opening in his prison, a small hole in the roof, casting a blood red hue to the interior's of his cage.

He had been left inside far longer then was originally planned, likely due to the scientist's lack of care, or perhaps this was some sick experiment of their's to see how easy it would be to break a dragon into submission.

Vrael cast a heavy gaze upwards to the ceiling of his cage. "Wh... what's... happening..."? he said weakly, however he doubted anyone could hear him. He had been deprived of food for several day's now and it had taken it's toll both mentally and physically. He was literally skin and bones.

Vrael slumped against the side of the cage. Too weak to stand on all four's now. He was nearly at the stage of just giving up. He lay there waiting for the inevitable end to his miserable life in captivity.

(( tongue.gif ))

((Both of your posts don't seem godmodding to me.))

The scene scared him. He knew it was a terrible dream, and he wanted to wake up. But somehow, he couldn't. He was seeming trapped in the dream.

Suddenly, he felt the presence of another dragon. Someone else was here. The dream started to change. The hatchling slowly dissappeared, and more dragons took their place. A white, a moonstone, an ochredrake, a daydream, as well as several others. They were all matured and grown up. It was then he realized that this was his current group. (But he had no idea where the daydream came from.)This dream had a pleasant attitude. All of the dragons were merry, laughing with each other and telling jokes around a small fire. His tears dried up. Despite the vulgarity of the last dream, this one re-assured him that he WASN'T going back.

Edited by thegreenrobby

Satisfied that Klutz was no longer having that aweful dream, Skye backed away from him and sat down. Her shoulder's itches a bit, and when she turned her head around to look at hem, she saw that her wings were beginning to grow in. "I'm growing wings!" she exclaimed, circling around to get a better look at them.

((Please note: Klutz will likely be the last one to get his wings. I mean, he hatched only a day ago.))

Klutz lay asleep on Isthalas' back. He was enjoying the campfire of his dreams, and the company that surrounded it. However, Klutz still seemed to remain alone. As if he was not even there, for the rest of the people. He decided to bask in the warmth of the fire. It was cozy, so Klutz clearly enjoyed it very much. All remnants of the previous incidents were gone, including the tearstains on his face.

-Isthalas parted her jaws to say something when a blaring noise echoed through her skull and bounced around unpleasantly. She was already picking up her pace when the ice hatchling began to hobble as fast as she could.- If she can do it so can the rest of them. -She thought and then looked at Song before calling back to the others.- "Let's pick up the pace, we're at the treeline so let's start to walk diagonally." -As she felt the grass turn into pine's needles and fallen leaves, Isthalas looked up. Sure enough, a canapy of braided branches, like laced finges, covered the sky and cast shattered shadows across the hatchlings. There was also this scent, it was familiar, it felt safe, but Isthalas would not let her guard down. Not yet. She began to move diagonally from the lab into the forest. If a dragon ever stumbled over the new terrain she promised herself to nudge them along.

Remembering Song, she smiled and picked up a pace that Song could keep, it was one that would keep them ahead of the others.- "We're not safe just yet, Song...many of the hatchlings might get spooked, lose hope, or feel like life was better at the lab where they were sheltered and could count on food. I'm not very good at condoleing others, because I am not good at showing emotion." -Isthalas looked down and then ahead of her.- " They are going to need someone who is strong, who they can feel they can depend on for protection. Someone who is stern when needed, knows how to feel shame and loss, but can offer encouragement and words of hope." -Now Isthalas looked upwards and a faint smile tugged at her lips.- "Someone like Song of the Wolves"

-Isthalas felt Klutz had been quiet and she realized that his nighmares had stopped. Putting two and two together she realized that the daydream dragon, before she had walked ahead with Song, had done something to aid him. Isthalas made a mental note to thank her when she could.-

At the blaring of guns, Skye yelped and quickened her pace immediately. She didn't"t know what guns were of course, but they made enough noise to scare her pretty bad. Soon enough, she was under the safety of the trees.

((Will be in the car for a few hours, so I'll post when I get to the hotel.wink.gif)

The female ice hatchling suddenly stopped, a though hitting her like a lightning bolt. Vrael! He's still inside!! Turning around, Tyra gazed desperately back at the testing facility. She couln't just leave him there to die! She quickly began running back to the facility, ignoring the dull pain in her leg, but the gate was already closed. Crying ou in despair, she began searching for a window, opening, anything to get inside and rescue Vrael. She shook her head, the alarm still loud and blaring, echoing in her ears.

Klutz was enjoying the dream very much. Unfortunately, it hardly lasted. A low, but loud, blaring noise made it's way into his dream. It broke his sleeping and he woke up, somewhat startled. He noticed he was still on Isthalas' back, still walking through the forest, away from the cages of the laboratory. What was making the sound? He looked back. There were lights going off at the lab. "They know we're gone!" he said. He began to worry. "If they are coming to get us, they must have already taken care of everyone else still in there. I guess we are the only ones that could get out," he said. He also noticed a newcomer to the group. It was a daydream, like in his... dream. It was kind of funny, when he thought about it. He chuckled a little bit, then turned to the newcomer.

"Hello! What's your name?"

-Isthalas suddenly became distracted as one of the dragons left the group.- "Tyra!" -She yelled, panicked, Klutz was attempting to make a friend so, out loud, she said;- "I'm sorry Klutz, please hld on tight." - To Song- "Please think about it!" -and then was offf after Tyra. Her feet pumped beneath her and she fanned her wings despite the terrible pain it cused her. She wasn't about to let Klutz fall off. Istahalas bolted as fast as her able legs could carry her and she skid to a halt, pivoting harshly in the grass and tearing up the ground to stop in front of Tyra. She was panting and her true colors began to show. She desperately hoped no one could see.- "Tyra we can't go back. Not for anyone still in there. If you go now, you will surely be caught and your friend will be sad for causing their friend to suffer for their sake. You have to come Tyra, you have to live for them. Get better, the same time tomorrow, we will come back with a few who are willing, and save those we can. Can you do that Tyra?" -Isthalas was desperate, she'd already promised herself not to let anyone, in the group they had, die. She wasn't about to break it so soon.- " Tyra, please, please!"

Edited by Chasilin

((Frying pan. I always have to miss everything. -.-'))

((Wait-Annie is still out of her cage, roaming around the place along with Moonlight -.-'))

Annie and Moonlight sighed silently. Alone. So alone. They thought.

Tyra breathed heavily, still desperately trying to find a way in when suddenly, Isthalas slid in front of her, blocking the ice hatchling from going any further. Tyra listened as Isthalas spoke, bowing her head. Her wings and tail drooped sadly but she knew the vampire hatchling was right, they had to leave. Now. Taking one last look at the testing facility, Tyra shed a few tears. I'll come back for you Vrael...one day, when I'm older and stronger I'll rescue you from this awful prison... she projected her thoughts to Vrael as much as she could though she doubted he heard any of it. Turning around, Tyra hobbled to Isthalas. "A-alright....let's g-go...," she whimpered, once again quickly setting off for the forest.

-Relieved, Isthalas shifted her balance so that her broken wing didn't take too much pressure. Walking close to Tyra, so that her shoulder caught a chill from brushing against the ice dragon, Isthalas offered her sinscerest appology for her situation and nudged the hatchling just behind the jaw." I know you're hurt, but we have to run to catch up to the others. Alright?" -Isthalas broke into a trot and waited for Tyra to adjust before beginning an outright run for the forest that seemed a little less far away than when thy first had left. At this pace they would be out of breath but caught up with the others in no time. Like she had told Skye, they would need to just catch their breath as they walked, there was no such luxury as relaxing in their moment of freedom.- "Klutz, are you alright up there? I'm sorry I pulled you from your friend." 'she meant it, and she hoped Klutz could hear it in her voice past her labored breathing.-

Edited by Chasilin

Skye froze under a large pine tree as Ithalas ran off after Tyra. She waited patiently for them to return, nit wanting them to fall behind. The others had waited for her, so she felt the need to let them catch up. However, a trickling noise caught her attention. On the other side of the tree, she spotted a creek. Being as quick as possible, she gulped a few mouthfuls of water before returning to her position waiting for the others.

Tyra took a deep breath and gently set her sore leg on the ground, breaking into a sprint towards the forest. Her shoulder had healed mostly so the pain wasn't as great as it once had been; now it was just a dull soreness. Suddenly something whizzed past Tyra's head and landed with a whump in one of the trees ahead of her. Yelping in surprise, the ice hatchling turned her head behind her as she continued to run. There, following the hatchlings not too far away were the humans, holding strange, long black sticks that shot pointy darts towards them. "Run!!!" Tyra screeched, her heart filling with terror as she fled into the forest, "Everyone, just run!!"

Annie and Moonlight went silent, feeling lonely. They hoped that someone would rescue them....

-Isthalas let out a terrible screech that shook even her, right down to her core.- " Get out of here!" Keep running and go in zigzags through the trees." - Taking her own advice she crashed into Tyra just as another of the darts came whistling past, it's bitter tongue piercing the bark of a tree they had just managed to dodge behind. Her grunting was more out of the immense pain that was making her vision blur and become spotted, but it was easily confused for having been runnin so hard for so long without rest.- "KLUTZ YOU HANG ON TIGHT TO ME!" -she didn't mean to yell so loud, but with the pain channeling through her like adreniline on drugs of it's own, she couldn't help but feel that everything was being amplified.

With more than her own life on the line, she could run and manuever through the trees with ease only a dragon born and grown in the woods would have. Not today though, not now, she had it, despite being lab born. Determined to protect Tyra and Klutz, who clung to her back, she easily zig zagged about, but she noticed they were drifting off from the others. After they get through this chaos, they'll just have to find them again, there was no time to make a dangerous move to get back with them right now.-

Edited by Chasilin

At Tyra's warning, Skye turned tail and bolted into the undergrowth. She bounded over obstacles and wove between the trees as fats as her legs would carry her. Despite the danger, she forced herself to stay close to the others. If she lost them, she'd loose everything.

Even as her breath became labored, and she was continually scratched by thorns and brambles, the tiny little dragon forced herself onward. She suddenly tripped over a large root and tumbled downhill. Skye grunted angerly, and forced herself to her paws. Though they trembled with exhaustion, she stumbled forward slowly, trying to keep pace with the other fleeing hatchlings.

Moona screeched as one of the dark things hit near her and made an exploding sound. 'WATCH IT!" She yelled before running into a bush. A pink creature shot one of the things at the bush she was hiding in, and she fled deeper in the forest. The sound of explosions could be heard in the distance. Moona shivered in a weak tree. its not the best.. I need to find the others... she thought as she hid under a leaf.

((Wow. I thought I posted already.))

Klutz held on tight. He didn't know exactly where Isthalas was going or how she was dodging all of the stange plants in her path, but Klutz wasn't complaining. He actually noticed that the hatchling was out of breath.

"You know that you can take a sit down for a bit. You can put me down and rest," he suggested. "I mean, I don't think that the fuzzy things will be here for a while; you've been running for quite a long time. If you still don't feel safe already, we can pick a hidey hole!"

Tyra cried out, stumbling head over heels as another dart flew by her head, nearly hitting the back of her head. Grunting, the ice hatchling scrambled frantically to get to her feet. Suddenly, something round and oval flew over her head and landed a few feet in front of her. Tyra continued to run but slid to a stop as it suddenly popped open, releasing a dark grey smoke that billowed out in large clouds, filling the air and poor Tyra's lungs. Coughing, Tyra's eyes began to water slightly and her eyelids began to droop as she became sleepy. "W-watch out f-for the thick grey s-stuff...!" she tried to warn the others, coughing and sneezing as she continued to try and run. However, the gas was making it very difficult.

The door to the cage room slammed opened, causing a small tremble along the floor. From within solitary confinement, Vrael looked up as he heard several footstep's enter. The flashing red light's still colored the wall's blood red and gave this situation an eerie feeling.

"Where is it? Are you sure it didn't manage to escape with the other's?.... Perfect. He will come in handy" one of the scientist's shouted, towards an intern. "I still can't believe you fool's allowed those pesky dragon's to escape!. What a bunch of incompetant fool's the lot of you are. You better hope the other's find them or it will be your head's on the line!... Now bring him to me! We will have to begin it's training as soon as possible!"

The dark silhouette of a man's head slowly filled Vrael's vision through the hole in his dark cage. The lock slid opened and the roof lifted up, however Vrael was too malnurished and weak to react. The intern proceeded to attach a shock collar around Vrael's neck, before carrying him out the cage.

"H... h... here he is..." the intern stammered, clearly intimitaded by the scientist. "I... I attached the collar... just like... you asked..."

"Bring him to the testing room. The test dummy has already been prepared for his training".

Inside the testing room, a silicone dummy in the shape of a dragon was placed in the center. The outside was smeared with the scent of raw food in order to get Vrael to attack it. The plan was to get Vrael to attack on command, and get rewarded with food.

As Vrael entered the room, the scent of food reached his nose, causing him to stir in the scientist's grip. Desperate for food, as he had not eaten in day's.

"Perfect, even now in the early stages of his training, he is already showing sign's of his feral behavior:

Edited by TotallyDrow