TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

I am not stupid, I know it is a Chinese tradition. But we(meaning DC) are not celebrating it the way they would. We are celebrating it purely because this is dragon cave and it is year of the dragon. As far as releasing from the completed section, I think TJ only released dragons from there after they have been removed for a couple of months. But really, what is the big deal, why get angry about it. Sooner or later we will get some eastern dragons. Maybe TJ doesn't like them as much as the others, it is his game after all so he gets to choose. I would just be happy we got new dragons at all.

i agree. We shud be pleased with what we get, not criticize it

Managed to grab 3 Moonlight and 1 Gold~! YAAAY~ n_n

I'll have to wait to grab another gold at another time since i'm egglocked (with a GoN, so i'm not complaining).

Ah yes, I forgot I haven't commented on the hatchies' sprites yet. I'm not very fond of the gold hatchies although their body shape is interesting and I'm happy there's another gold/yellow dragon. I'm not fond of the shape of the blue s1 hatchie either, but I like the color. I loove everything about the blue s2 hatchies; the silver swirls, the color, the pose, the wings, the "mask".

I'm hoping these eggs will drop for longer than a day. If not, a lot of people will be going eggless. I'm getting a little worried at this point.

Once again... check the part under help that says "ecology". What this means (long post has been shortened by me) is that even if you DON'T catch one in a mass drop, it will still take SOME TIME for these eggs to even out to their normal population. This includes breeding (but because dragons usually only have 1 egg now) it will take longer to even out than drops in the past (see the trios).

TLDR version: Moar will drop after mass drop. Keep checking Alpine for CB. There will also be people breeding them left and right, and they're likely to have eggs of their own kind.

If you don't have one by the end of this week, go hunt things you know people will trade for and get on the CB trading list. Not everyone will be wanting CB silvers in return for new eggs.

Finally after hours of trying i finally caught a gold, i fell like iv'e acomplished something now i can rest easy

Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else.

For 6 hours. Nothing. I am done. I give up. You win, universe. This is the worst release ever.

Great. 5 Blues. >_< I'll be dropping two of them later. **SIGH**

Sweet, looks like someone finally fixed it so that the Cave is showing up properly. I managed to snag a second blue as well.

Just picked up my first new egg, and the only one I have space for right now. /pets it and promptly falls asleep on keyboaueshd;glnfdskl

Finally managed to catch two of each I'm so happy biggrin.gif

Thank you for the awesome release TJ ^^

Woohoo! After a couple hours of trying, I finally managed to catch a moon one. I didn't realize there was a new release until just a little while ago, I wish I hadn't picked up so many eggs for my breeding project. I kept wondering why the site was going all glitchy xd.png. Now I know.

I FINALLY got a Gold! I also caught 3 Moons, so I am pretty happy about that, I have room for one more egg on my scroll, if I get another Moon I will gift two fo them to my hubby since he is too sick tonight to try to get anything. I hope I get another Gold ....I will keep trying!

*fluent swearing for about 2 minutes*

I have a fast computer and connection, but with all these people there is way too much lag.

And I haven't been on all day, so I didn't even know there was a release. I coulda tried earlier if I knew.

The cave is still just a white screen with no map here... :/

FINALLY I was able to snag a gold one! *whew* that was hard, what with my page taking forever to load, then going all white-- then scrolly-- then lagging... But at least I managed!

For everyone who's worried - these dragons have been said to be permanent new additions to DC. If it's a limited release, doesn't TJ always make it very clear when the drops will start and stop? My only worry is that they will be rare or uncommon, which is why I'm stocking up now. The shiny ones especially, though it would be really cool to have common golds.

Furthermore, the drop will continue until the dragons reach their target ratio. If they're common dragons, we're probably going to see them composing a bulk of the Alpine drops for several days. The rarer they are, the sooner the flood will stop. (At least, that's how it's always been in the past.)

Anyway, that's my two cents. Once again, the spriters have done a beautiful job on these babies. The gendered hatchlings are gorgeous - I like the blue hatchie sprite a bit better than I like the gold one, but I'll reserve picking favorites until I see an adult! C:

But we(meaning DC) are not celebrating it the way they would. We are celebrating it purely because this is dragon cave and it is year of the dragon.

Eh, so we are just doing it for the sake of doing it? Then why are halloween releases halloween-themed? Same for Christmas, Valentines. Why not release some completly random dragons? Why are we even celebrating them here, it's not like any of these have anything to do with dragons

I think TJ only released dragons from there after they have been removed for a couple of months

Not only almost no one would notice, but also no one would suspect it if he removed them a day, maybe a week before.

These eggs are growing up fast! They're already S2s.

This is going to be so confusing in trading, with Golds, Gold Tinsels, and these name unknown gold-related dragons. If these new ones are common, they'll be in the AP and people are going to go "OH my gosh its a Gold!!!" (the regular, rare one) and grab it, with disappointment following. These sprites are gorgeous, I can't wait for adults. wub.gif

Also @ Stargazer 7 -- technically there are only five rares, the two metallics and the three trios. It might be dang hard to get a CB black or stripe, but they still breed well, so they can't truly fall under that status xd.png

I always heard that the trios were uncommons, but they (use to) breed like rares. And that golds and silvers were the only true rares. I do see trios pretty frequently in the biomes too. But have only seen less then five silvers and golds combined.

I am just waiting for an egg to hatch (ER) then I can try for one more egg. I don't know which one I want.... I think the golden one. If it is what I think it is it will be beautiful.

I have better luck in catching them at the hourly drops than what I did in those 5 minute ones. Got my 2 golds. On the 2nd one it wouldn't tell me whether I had gotten it or not so held my fist up to the monitor and kept clicking until it came up on my scroll laugh.gif So have influenced them and have my two of each. If I want anymore will breed for them. Have fun everybody.