TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

Hey, just noticed the horse and normal black dragons have now gone Christmas-y. Does this mean that each day will have more dragon sprites joining in?

If so, cool! Can't wait to see what the other dragons will look like.

For sure.

OTOH, I have to admit that, even as someone who is familiar with the Little Match Girl story to a point, I can't really see what the connection between the Little Match Girl and yesterday's story is. (Today's was easy to figure out.) Can anybody explain it to me?

There is a different variation where she receives the gift of life. =)

I loved tonight's story! After reading it, I could finally figure out what our dressed-up pebble dragon was holding! xd.png

I don't know if anyone else thought this (maybe I'm just nuts for making the connection)... but was the white dragon lady and the "stately gold" (who called her, "love") a secret surprise guest star appearance by Midas Dorkface and his mate?

Edited by razi

Great story tonight, I really liked it! biggrin.gif

I don't know if anyone else thought this (maybe I'm just nuts for making the connection)... but was the white dragon lady and the "stately gold" (who called her, "love") a secret surprise guest star appearance by Midas Dorkface and his mate?

I didn't think of this until now but maybe it was. ohmy.gif

The story tonight was amazing. An excellent rendition of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. I applaud the writer. It was touching to see the story told in the form of Dragons. Very different and very enjoyable. happy.gif

*watches in amazement as all Green eggs disappear from the AP* xd.png

Now I have the sudden urge to name some Dicken's Dragons...

Love the stories and must say DC is making Christmas very Merry!

I think the Nebula dragons are positively beautiful.

Maybe they should stay.

*watches in amazement as all Green eggs disappear from the AP* xd.png

Now I have the sudden urge to name some Dicken's Dragons...

LOL You're right! They are poofing.

My pygmies are almost finished decorating my sig. xd.png

Oh and just for fun, I bred my Thuwed Pebble/Green and abandoned it's egg. It was picked up within seconds. XP

Edited by tikigurl91

Darnit. I was only an hour or so late of getting the ornaments for day 1. XP OH well. This will still be fun. happy.gif

I'm in the same boat, BB. tongue.gif Glad the stories are still there to enjoy though.

Yeah, I think that "participating" means clicking on the new Holiday Tale every day when it becomes available.

By reading the tale, you get:

• A little icon beside the tale name that says you've read it.
  • The wreath-decorating items for that day
  • One entry into the raffle

Thank you both for anwsering my questions. smile.gif

Im so excited for the new Christmas dragon I hope this years will be able to keep up with the holly and ribbon dancer. wub.gifsmile.gif

To be entered to the raffle to you have to just read the stories and unlock the items or do you have to do all that and decorate your wreath?

Too bad the moonstone dragons' tails aren't snowglobes...then they'd be staring into snowglobes. biggrin.gif

Sooo looking forward to more storys! Hope they keep it available to re-read like hte Halloween special

*looks at scroll*......*looks at the date*.....*looks at green dragons*..... I can scroll lock tonight and still be clear for the breeding I swear! D:

<3

Electrics and Vampires with their little scarfs.... Awwwww!

here is an idea for more Christmas touches to the dragons.

• Put snow mounds on the Ice dragons
  • Change the lighting around the Thunders to light-strings
  • Santa Suit or Candy Cane the Red dragons
  • Poinsettias for the Vine dragons
  • Sugar Pulms for the Day Dreams
Thats all for now. Edited by Tsarlena

Ugh, I didn't even know about this until just a few minutes ago. There must be some way to get the little dragon next to the first story still. I refuse to have an incomplete thing!

Edited by PollyCockatrice

For those of you who need it, there's now a wreath guide in the third post of this thread, written by the lovely Infinis.