sheffie

The Congrats Thread, V5

I know this green doesn't look that special, but it has a story attached that makes it special to me. I caught it two days ago in the AP, as a 5d-and-some-hours hatchling, with the highest view stats I've ever seen outside of a new release thread or a CB prize (both of which are protected from sickness/death, I believe). It had over 29,000 views, over 2800 UV, and 25 clicks, and needless to say it was sick. I fogged it instantly, hoping it would recover in a day or two, but it didn't. I asked around on the forums and people gave it a bleak outlook, but I kept it fogged anyway, thinking that if nothing else it would be an interesting experiment to see if it could be saved, but really expecting it to die when unfogged. This morning I woke up and checked on it--still sick after being fogged for two days, but low enough time that it should mature when unfogged. And it did! I can't help it, I'm proud of having saved the life of this pixel dragon. I feel triumphant as no one should feel about pixels. I'm going to name it Undaunted something-or-other and give it a description to match. Yay!

My 2nd gen Gold Tinsel finally hatched! biggrin.gif

help I think I just fell hopelessly in love with that pairing.

I just caught my first CB metallic!! (Red Copper) SOOO excited! I refreshed and saw it, and clicked a bit lazily thinking I wasnt gonna get it, and whatdya know?? I got it! biggrin.gif

blink.gif I am incredibly ecstatic right now...I just caught a 2nd gen Thuwed from the AP!!! It's the first baby of the newest pairing, 1bxQ x He0uc Rcio Thuwed! Hoping it turns red, but will keep it regardless of its color. biggrin.gif

blink.gif I am incredibly ecstatic right now...I just caught a 2nd gen Thuwed from the AP!!! It's the first baby of the newest pairing, 1bxQ x He0uc Rcio Thuwed! Hoping it turns red, but will keep it regardless of its color. biggrin.gif

wooooh, nice! Congrats.

I had an uninfluenced gold gender correctly, phew... tongue.gif

I know this green doesn't look that special, but it has a story attached that makes it special to me. I caught it two days ago in the AP, as a 5d-and-some-hours hatchling, with the highest view stats I've ever seen outside of a new release thread or a CB prize (both of which are protected from sickness/death, I believe). It had over 29,000 views, over 2800 UV, and 25 clicks, and needless to say it was sick. I fogged it instantly, hoping it would recover in a day or two, but it didn't. I asked around on the forums and people gave it a bleak outlook, but I kept it fogged anyway, thinking that if nothing else it would be an interesting experiment to see if it could be saved, but really expecting it to die when unfogged. This morning I woke up and checked on it--still sick after being fogged for two days, but low enough time that it should mature when unfogged. And it did! I can't help it, I'm proud of having saved the life of this pixel dragon. I feel triumphant as no one should feel about pixels. I'm going to name it Undaunted something-or-other and give it a description to match. Yay!

Congrats, all! Amberfly, that is amazing - congrats on saving that dragon. ohmy.gif I actually said "huh?" when I saw all the views. I wonder if that might set some kind of record for a non-Prize / TJ-owned dragon...? xd.png

Got a Yellow Dino from the abandoned page. Not sure who would throw something like that away, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Finally finished my final scroll goal (20 CB pairs) for Mints. biggrin.gif Now onto Balloons and Horses.