TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I'm hoping they're able to breed ^^; They'd make awesome lineages :3 I can't wait for mine to hatch tomorrow! I already have names picked out for them, so I hope I get them xd.png From looking at the DC Wiki, the S1 hatchie reminds me of a melted marshmallow x3

Have my lineages for them next year planned already 8D 1 short since I picked up a white, but it doesn't matter. happy with 5~

Well, collected my '11 IOUs so they round me out at 9 total. Woo! For once on a holiday I'm being totally selfish.

I'm sure the guilt will pass...eventually. unsure.gif

Well, collected my '11 IOUs so they round me out at 9 total. Woo! For once on a holiday I'm being totally selfish.

I'm sure the guilt will pass...eventually.  unsure.gif

Can somebody please make up a Greedy Hoarder badge?

Because I TOTALLY qualify this year and can't believe how lucky I was!

*is hope-planning lineages with commons and Holidays for year-round and annual advances toward 3rd gen Holidays on Halloween*

(Edit: just needs one more female Ghost - ebil laugh)

After previous Halloweens, this is REALLY astonishing!

Edited by Syphoneira

*is hope-planning lineages with commons and Holidays for year-round and annual advances toward 3rd gen Holidays on Halloween*

Lol, I checked out your scroll after your post in the Congrats(?) thread. I tip my hat, very impressive! laugh.gif

Lol, I checked out your scroll after your post in the Congrats(?) thread. I tip my hat, very impressive! laugh.gif

Impressive?

Try miraculous!

Some of it was breeding, but otherwise I went from being unable to catch anything to a period of actually catching about maybe 1/10th of what I tried for, at least part of the time.

I don't think my heart will ever be the same.

My catching seems to have gone back to normal, though, lol, (darn it xd.png ) but WOW! while it lasted!

Edit: the Typo queen ALWAYS stays in training...

Edited by Syphoneira

Definitely support this laugh.gif It has been a great Halloween event - thanks to everyone that made it possible

Impressive?

Try miraculous!

LMAO!

I totally agree, you need a badge of some sort!

4 eggs ready to hatch.. and one is already hatching :) Can't wait to have full adults.

Also can't wait for next event.. or new dragons n.n

I only just now realized that the eggs actually do fade away as they hatch. |D

That's pretty awesome.

First they are not "rare" eggs. They are limited edition eggs.  Rare dragons RARELY produce rare eggs. Limited edition dragons breed prolifically like commons producing tons of eggs during their season.

Hmm...Okay. Although it sounds an awful lot like semantics to me. "limited edition" dragons breed prolifically once per year, producing from 1 to 3 eggs per year. "Rare" dragons can breed weekly, producing theoretically as many as 52 clutches, each containing from 1 to 3 eggs. Of course, rare breeding attempts aren't going to be successful every time, but is it really so farfetched that a regularly bred rare might produce not only as many eggs as a "limited edition" but even MORE eggs in some cases?

Seems pretty equitable to me.

And the egg limit increase really didn't have any impact on people's ability to get eggs. This is the first holiday with the new biomes.. you had SIX TIMES *more* eggs dropping  compared to previous holiday drops when there was only ONE cave!!  The problem is that too many new people who are just not savy with how the holiday drops work and weren't trying to catch the eggs at the proper time...they kept trying to hunt at the wrong times.

What you say MIGHT be true. IF we knew for certain that 6 times the number of eggs were actually dropped, as opposed to, say, the same number of eggs being dropped, but split among the 6 biomes! I haven't heard anything definitive on this question. Have you?

Yes, I'll agree that people hunting at the wrong times probably was a contributing factor. But that's a separate issue, and it's nothing new. Certainly it is not THE major factor in the inability of many long-time DC members to get the new eggs. Presumably after one or two events, most people would figure out how it works. So why are people who have been around for years, and have lots of rares (excuse me, "limited editions") on their scrolls finding that this year is suddenly more difficult?

I got so cool names smile.gif 'Happy trick or treating' , 'Loot Bag' , 'Greedy Kids' , 'Sugar Shock' and 'All Hallows Evening'

So happy^^ Was great this year!

Incubated eggies hatched smile.gif

Also, I didn't notice it until now: I know the eggs are fading as the hatching sequence progresses and there's a small nack near the bottom right corner of the egg, but I hadn't payed attention to that the shadow on the floor behind the egg also gradually shrunk before disappearing. unsure.gif

Edited by Ripan

Ghost dragons are interesting. I didn't find them that cute, but maybe it's just me.

I wonder how many levels of solid things are there that they can go through?

Ghost dragons are interesting. I didn't find them that cute, but maybe it's just me.

I wonder how many levels of solid things are there that they can go through?

Didn't you just post this? unsure.gif

All out of incubates. I have to wait for eggs to hatch normally.

i have gotten some of tha eggs tongue.gif

i got two `Ghost eggs`

and one Marrow egg biggrin.gif

onlyens thing now... i cant seem to get enouf Unique views >.<

New hatchies are kind've cute, I hope their colouring permits me to breed some epic 2nd gen silvers :]

Awww the new dragons are adorable. Can't wait to see what they look like as adults. I love this Halloween event. Thank you everyone who made art and put in time coding and updating for it.

**Hugs**