TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I agree with Fengari. To get the Halloween dragons was rather easy if you had patience and a considerable amount of time. That said, I locked myself with 5 within an hour. Still, I had a lot of "sorry, this egg has already been taken" messages. But isn't that also one of the things that's so fun about it - the Hunt?

When is the hatchling ready to become an adult? Will it be tonight?

TJ's?

Almost a day more until then

I agree with Fengari. To get the Halloween dragons was rather easy if you had patience and a considerable amount of time. That said, I locked myself with 5 within an hour. Still, I had a lot of "sorry, this egg has already been taken" messages. But isn't that also one of the things that's so fun about it - the Hunt?

I caught 3, and then literally went thru more than a thousand "sorry, this egg has already been taken" during the day, in the end if it were not for the help of a very kind catcher, I'd never catch any more.

Edited by SnowSherry

Oh I mean nothing specifically pointed towards you, or I'd have posted your name. I mean the general posts there always are that go into long details about how to set your browsers etc etc. Not that those aren't helpful. To a degree they are. But many of them seem to imply that, hey, with this method I got 7 eggs and you can too! To a point, that isn't exactly true. Cause there aren't enough for everyone to lock themselves. I'm not sure if people understood that we were short on eggs to do that. And maybe if they understand that we were short, they'll think about participating in the gifting threads too. That really went awesome this year biggrin.gif

Heh, we need a Spastic Gifter button to contrast with the greedy hoarder one laugh.gif

I didn't think so, but I just wanted to be sure. wink.gif

Also, I am guilty of posting the tips and tricks in my previous posts throughout the event. I never meant to imply, to anyone, that this was a sure-fire way to catch eggs. I just remember that last year, I couldn't catch anything without using those methods.

On that thought, last year everyone could only pick up five eggs. Just something to ponder. *coughs, and points at greedy hoarding on own scroll*

I'll take the spastic gifter badge. I'll put it right next to greedy hoarder. I so enjoy both. xd.png

TJ's?

Almost a day more until then

21 hours til his grow up. =3

A couple of mine are hatching! Woot!

Dunno if it's been pointed out yet or not, but this year, people could grab more than on previous years - up to 3 more, specifically. (/guilty)

Also - another tip I saw that helped me this round: if F5 id unreliable, then there's another way in addition to disabling javascript/images. F6 -> Ctrl+T -> Enter/Return -> Click where the right egg will be until page loads or IMMEDIATELY when it loads. Do not think. Do not read. Just Click.

I have a slow connection as well, but thanks to my awesome G9x Logitech Gaming Mouse, I was able to swipe 4 to lock myself. I found that having dpi precision settings and a back button on the mouse helped me tremendously.

I didn't think so, but I just wanted to be sure. wink.gif

Also, I am guilty of posting the tips and tricks in my previous posts throughout the event. I never meant to imply, to anyone, that this was a sure-fire way to catch eggs. I just remember that last year, I couldn't catch anything without using those methods.

On that thought, last year everyone could only pick up five eggs. Just something to ponder. *coughs, and points at greedy hoarding on own scroll*

I'll take the spastic gifter badge. I'll put it right next to greedy hoarder. I so enjoy both. xd.png

/high fives

Oh I've posted them too :3 They DO help. I've wondered if TJ will ever make the site turn off images automatically for holiday events. I've seen some servers do that for days they know they are getting a vicious load of traffic. I guess it saves them a lot of bandwith.

Personally I don't find much hunt to it as I'm confidant I'll get my eggies. And they are only there 2 minutes. For a grand total of 4 minutes of hunting possible throughout the entire day. I never saw the small drops and I know I usually don't.

I think it would be cool if there was simply an option to go Trick or Treat and get one egg with no troubles. Same with Christmas, getting 1 present (just because I think it would be cute). Any thing extra, you're on your own. But, I just like the idea that each person could get at least one with no hassle. Now don't anyone beat me down for suggesting that with a helpful dose of people are just lazy, ignorant or not trying hard enough. It's a random thought, not a suggestion thread idea =p

If I recall, the only reason the marrows were extended and the rows were doubled was cause of the massive glitch errors the marrows had. The marrows (both hatchlings or adults) either became ungendered or did not have any description during the release. From what I heard the top row was also glitched cause no one could grab from that row.

I believed that last halloween the lagmonster came, so barely anybody could catch eggs. At one point the cave was down. TJ made another row to make up for the cave being down.

I guess if everyone got an egg they also wouldn't be rares or fun to catch as well... Yeah it sucks when you dont get any...I sat on the first night for like three hours and did not catch one. I was thinking, "Crap, I am not going to get one!" Then the downtime maintenance came and when the site came back up..Im guessing a lot of people did not realize it was back up. I was able to scroll lock myself. * At the time I had 4 ghosties and 1 marrow* Reason why was because only like 7 people were viewing the page and it was an hourly drop type drop.. < - that sounds weird. My husband also caught four. Then I think the next day during a 5 minute interval I caught one more after my marrow hatched.

Anyways, We are still having gifters/donators on the Holiday Gifting Thread for those who did not manage to catch any. There are still ways you guys can get one...even after they hatch ; )

Instead of complaining * this is not for everyone! I've seen some people begging like fools...and I bet they didnt even try and were lazy!* -cough- Instead of complaining be very grateful that so many people are generous on dragcave and are willing to gift you eggs/hatchies ; )

Edited by Tearadria

If you are getting "Sorry, this egg is already taken" messages, then you're doing it wrong.

(Mac instructions)

Have your F5 key defaulted to "refresh" without hitting the Function key,

Bring up the page,

Click on the rightmost egg,

One hand on the button, one on the F5 key,

Go back and forth, alternately refresh-clicking like crazy until either the eggs stop dropping, or you get the "overburdened" message, which means you've caught your quota. When the eggs stop dropping, check your scroll to see how many you got. It may take several passes to fill out your egg slots.

Don't move the cursor off the egg.

You shouldn't see the "Sorry" dialog at all. All you should see is the egg page or the "overburdened" dialog.

Cute!! Wait, were the ghost eggs only let out on the 31st? *teary puppy eyes*

~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

~Removed~

Visit a gifting thread, there are people there who will give them biggrin.gif . I'm already giving four to my friends, so I can't give you any, sorry. sad.gif

Thanks! Though reading the rules, I can't ask for one because I did manage to get Pumpkin and Marrow eggs T.T

But thanks a ton anyway! *hugs*

~Removed~

~Removed~

Visit a gifting thread, there are people there who will give them biggrin.gif . I'm already giving four to my friends, so I can't give you any, sorry. sad.gif

That's okay, thanks anyway! ^.^

Click where the right egg will be until page loads or IMMEDIATELY when it loads. Do not think. Do not read. Just Click.

I love this! xd.png It sums up my clicking method perfectly! I hand refresh using F5 and go through two clicks to get back to the biome after I miss or catch, then refresh once or twice, and click just as the new page loads. I had no success with the 5 minute drops but did with the hourly ones. I haven't disabled ads or images and I did fine. In fact, I'm surprised how well things went given that I was on the same laptop with the same connection last year and had to get help as I was unable to catch anything.

Thanks, TJ, and spriters, and storywriters for a fun Halloween event! cool.gif

*sits impatiently waiting for her eggs to hatch since she ran out of incubates before she even caught them*

*sits impatiently waiting for her eggs to hatch since she ran out of incubates before she even caught them*

Yes, this. My Reds are looking at me like, "Is she serious? Incubate more?"

I think I might just spend the time between now and Christmas breeding/hoarding BSA's. X3

I guess if everyone got an egg they also wouldn't be rares or fun to catch as well...

They are limited edition dragons.. not rares. Metallic Gold / Silver are rare. Holiday's are limited edition.

I'm impatient enough for Halloween. Waiting for TJ's eggs to grow up s torture.

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

My about to hatch eggies look amazing!!

People who worked on these sprites, amazing job o_o

I have one hatchie. While I wait for Christmas, I really need to hoard Reds and Pinks.

FINALLY! The little lineage thing I wanted to try out can bare fruit! YES!

Didn't have to wait 8 days to breed my new Marrows after all. Yay. Now to wait until next Halloween to do the next generation.

They are limited edition dragons.. not rares.  Metallic Gold / Silver are rare.  Holiday's are limited edition.

Limited Edition definition - >

an edition, as of a book or lithograph, limited to a specified small number of copies.

Rare definition - >

occurring seldom: a rare appearance

not widely distributed; not generally occurring: a rare herb

highly valued because of its uncommonness:

Limited edition pretty much is rare. Not always..but most of the time ; )

Plus, you can get golds and silvers any time of the year. Holiday dragons you cannot.

So IMO they are rare.

Edited by Tearadria

The clock is ticking...making me more and more anxioussssssssss.

*looks at TJ's* Grow up plox?

*looks at her eggs* Hatch plox?