TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I haven't been able to load DC since I went to bed around 1AM on the 31st. I can't see the hatchies of TJ's. Can anybody describe them?

I can't even see my own eggies >.<

I haven't been able to load DC since I went to bed around 1AM on the 31st. I can't see the hatchies of TJ's. Can anybody describe them?

I can't even see my own eggies >.<

If you computer can load this page well then you can see them Here

What does the adult look like?! I can't waaaait! XD

I'm glad this year that I was able to grab more Halloween Dragons then previously (even if catching off the AP was insanely impossible). And i'm even more excited to breed them all next year. ♥

Now, to wait for the X-Mas Madness... ;3

(Announcement)

Thank you for this amazing event! I loved the Haunted Castle, and I cried tears of joy when the Dragon's Spirit was put at ease. biggrin.gif

I love Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new eggs are awesome btw!!! laugh.gif

Happy Halloween! biggrin.gif

-Band

Well, I almost never freeze any rare dragons, and I think that most users share my opinion.

rolleyes.gif

If you're going to generalize like that, you'd might as well write, "I think that most users want to send me $5", and hope for the best. (And if it works, please let me know! wink.gif )

A lot of people, myself included, like collecting more than just the adult sprites. On each new breedable-dragon release, I try to catch six eggs so that I can have two adults and two frozen stage-two hatchies of each gender. For non-breedable dragons, I want one frozen and one adult of each available gender, and of course for limited holiday dragons, we only get two, so that's one frozen and one adult. That way, I can enjoy the maximum number of pretty sprites just by scrolling down my own page.

For some of us, it's not about how many rares you have, but how much you enjoy looking at 'em! laugh.gif

HALLOWEEN STATS

Pumpkins: 11 bred, 4 gifted (the rest released to AP)

Marrows: 2 bred and kept

Ghosties: 7 caught, 6 will be kept if all goes well and the 'fluences work!

Haunted House: 40/40 inventory items

Zombies: didn't try, since I already have one frozen hatchie and one adult and I feel sooooo guilty whacking innocent dragons to try for more!

Again, I have to say thank you so much to TJ and the Haunted House spriters. A little retro-gaming cheer brought a huge smile to this gnarled old gamer's face, and that's worth a hundred CB golds. biggrin.gif Also, the biomes made catching new eggs a snap, and the site was running beautifully every time I checked. Smoothest holiday drop ever. Woot!

(EDITED to add zombies, heh.)

Edited by Evilminion

This holiday was so much fun! A big thank you to everyone! I won't be freezing any of my dragons and I won't be attempting to get a zombie anymore (when I killed the dragon and read what it said I wanted to cry!)

Wow, those ghost dragons are supercute! laugh.gif

Really hope the adults to be as nice as the hatchies smile.gif

Personally, I am not freezing any of mine this year. This is the ONLY year you will ever be able to have CB Halloween '11 dragons. Any other year, I can pick up or breed what I want and then freeze to complete my collection, though marrows will probably take priority. They are my favorite, and even if I like the adult ghosts, the marrows will likely still remain my favorite. Even if they weren't my favorite, I need the most of them to meet scroll goals(10 of each adult sprite, 5 of each S2 hatchling sprite).

Does anyone have the figures on just how many Ghost eggs were dropped versus the number of DC members? There seem to be an awful lot of people who missed out on getting Halloween '11 eggs this year. Since the DC population has grown so vastly, perhaps the number of Holiday eggs dropped should reflect that growth?

Not meaning to sound combative or anything-just curious as to the numbers.

There have always been folks who, for one reason or another, couldn't/didn't grab the new holiday eggs. I missed out of both Pumpkins and Marrows during the years of their initial releases. Disappointing? Sure. But I figured I'd get them eventually.

The egg limit increase almost certainly took its toll on some people's ability to get the eggs this year. That, combined with some folks exercising their right to be greedy. Also the introduction of trading meant there were a LOT fewer ghosties popping up on the AP than had been the case with Marrows or pumpkins during the years of their initial releases.

But in the end, let's not forget that these are supposed to be RARE eggs. They wouldn't be rare if there were so many released that everybody got as many as they wanted.

I'm not freezing either. Next year, however, i'll add to my adult collection and freeze two hatchies.

I wouldnt think so...its basically only working on Halloween(WAY higher odds of succeeding),but..maybe somebody else knows diffewrent...??

Rockin' On

I snagged all 7 of my Ghost limit, but then I felt really bad for a user that didn't even have one egg and was disappointed, so I gave them one of mine. smile.gif I have 6, I can't complain. I feel horrible that some people didn't get any. It's odd. Even user's that mentioned having slow connections said that they had no problems getting any.

Noone will get to see the adult Hallween dragons until TJ's grow up. smile.gif

oh and 40 haunted house items :0

Cant wait untils TJ's hatchies grow up

*planning to collect 48 vampires (twelve four-membered families)

*no zombies, and I don't want any. I would never kill my dragons. sad.gif

Maaaaany eggs get killed in vamp getting process. What's the difference? tongue.gif

Dude... the Pumpkin I snagged from the AP last night just died even though I fogged it... dry.gif Stupid. It only had a little over 1k views and was put in a couple nurseries yesterday. This blows.

At least I got the new ghosts.

Maaaaany eggs get killed in vamp getting process. What's the difference? tongue.gif

I do this too (have vampires & will bite eggs, but have no zombies and haven't tried for any).

For me the difference is that you apparently get SUPER SAD TEXT in the process of zombie-making that you don't get when biting eggs to make vamps. sad.gif

Two Pumpkins (one PB!), two Marrows, five Ghosts, and the full haul from the Haunted House event.

cool.gif YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH

ETA: Also the difference between vamps and zombification, for me, is that while both require deliberately killing stuff (because that's how you get undead), the lives of eggs are already sort of perilous, while the lives of hatchlings and adults are generally assured unless you take the sword to them.

Also biting is done with the intent to transform, with the side effect of death. Killing and reviving has the side effect of zombie.

Edited by Coronaviridae