TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Has anyone already seen the separator in the last year's Trick or Treat bucket (for those who don't have the Haunted House badge) or it has still to be enabled?

I can't find it in the scrolls of people I know.

I do this too (have vampires & will bite eggs, but have no zombies and haven't tried for any).

For me the difference is that you apparently get SUPER SAD TEXT in the process of zombie-making that you don't get when biting eggs to make vamps. sad.gif

Fair enough.

I was just reading about the event and some folk being unhappy about no limits and some not being able to get any from the cave. There was an explanation that Haloween is about being greedy, eggs as candy in treat or trickig.

Doesn't stand to reason

I thought (ALL) kids actually get lots of candy directly from the visited houses, not from each other later on (in exchange for either valuables or last year candy lol)

TRhis looks like. Ready dteady go go go go go, who's faster. Have full bag? Run home, leave your candy to younger bro who's not fast enough and run for some more more more, pushing slower kids aside. Yeah holiday spirit lol lol lol

What fun! Thank you TJ and everyone who made this possible. The Haunted House won me over. I haven't participated in holiday events until this Halloween. Now I've got pumpkins, marrows, and this year's CB ghosts. The completionist in me wails about never getting any CB pumpkins and CB marrows, but I've told her to sit down and shush. biggrin.gif

Thanks so much for the great event! The egg drop went much better for me than last year, and the Haunted House was a wonderful game. ^^

Every single holiday there are some folks not happy, it just goes with the territory. But really, everyone has made such an effort to get eggs to people that don't have any. Yes some don't have eggs, but blaming those that do is just really not nice, especially when there is the Holiday Gifting thread, the Trading threads and people distributing eggs left, right and center. Anyway...

I had a good halloween. I got some more pumpkins, some more marrows, some ghost eggs and really enjoyed the Haunted House (just superb!). Unfortunately none of my zombie attempts were successful, but there is always next year.

Edited by Dubious

Only nine more hours until my eggs can hatch. Chances are I'll forget to ER them though and they won't get hatched until tomorrow. Oh well.

Oh don't get me wrong. I really DO appreciate that I have any of the new ones thanks to one of many nice people who wanted to share. And I understand one can't resist to go hunting if they're doin well. I just belive that it would be way much more fun for everyone if the gifting and treading threds wouldn't have to be occupied.

I was really looking forward to this Haloween on dc, especialy that it's my first holiday event here. I had loads of fun in the haunted house. Had fun and achieved something. With the "treat or trick candy" eggs I was the slow kid being pushed aside. I had an older bro though - fast enough to bring me one. Thank you

Only nine more hours until my eggs can hatch. Chances are I'll forget to ER them though and they won't get hatched until tomorrow. Oh well.

Mine will hatch in a bit over 8 hours. I'm looking forward to some cute little hatchies.

The egg limit increase almost certainly took its toll on some people's ability to get the eggs this year.  That, combined with some folks exercising their right to be greedy. 

But in the end, let's not forget that these are supposed to be RARE eggs.  They wouldn't be rare if there were so many released that everybody got as many as they wanted.

First they are not "rare" eggs. They are limited edition eggs. Rare dragons RARELY produce rare eggs. Limited edition dragons breed prolifically like commons producing tons of eggs during their season.

And the egg limit increase really didn't have any impact on people's ability to get eggs. This is the first holiday with the new biomes.. you had SIX TIMES *more* eggs dropping compared to previous holiday drops when there was only ONE cave!! The problem is that too many new people who are just not savy with how the holiday drops work and weren't trying to catch the eggs at the proper time...they kept trying to hunt at the wrong times.

ETA: Also the difference between vamps and zombification, for me, is that while both require deliberately killing stuff (because that's how you get undead), the lives of eggs are already sort of perilous, while the lives of hatchlings and adults are generally assured unless you take the sword to them.

You do not have to deliberately kill all dragons to make a zombie. You can let a hatchling naturally on its own by running out of time or die from sickness - no need to stab it with a sword like you do the adults.

Wo0t, all my Marrows have gendered exactly as I wanted! The OCD side of me is very pleased that I'll have the same number of male and female adults. *g*

Has anyone already seen the separator in the last year's Trick or Treat bucket (for those who don't have the Haunted House badge) or it has still to be enabled?

I can't find it in the scrolls of people I know.

Its from clicking on the new badge, there is no separator.

I do this too (have vampires & will bite eggs, but have no zombies and haven't tried for any).

For me the difference is that you apparently get SUPER SAD TEXT in the process of zombie-making that you don't get when biting eggs to make vamps. sad.gif

Don't read it. That's what I did. Actions, Kill, Confirm, CLOSE PAGE DON'T LOOK! tongue.gif *celebrates having a Healing Shiv*

Also helps to work your way up. Bite eggs. Get over the eggshells - maybe even start to see beauty in them. Experiment on eggs. They sit on your scroll longer. The first couple deaths may hurt. Pre Halloween - muster up guts to time out hatchies. It's near Halloween! Tombstones are decoration! Then maybe summon the courage to Kill... Still hard, but might lessen the blow.

I was just reading about the event and some folk being unhappy about no limits and some not being able to get any from the cave. There was an explanation that Haloween is about being greedy, eggs as candy in treat or trickig.

Doesn't stand to reason

I thought (ALL) kids actually get lots of candy directly from the visited houses, not from each other later on (in exchange for either valuables or last year candy lol)

TRhis looks like. Ready dteady go go go go go, who's faster. Have full bag? Run home, leave your candy to younger bro who's not fast enough and run for some more more more, pushing slower kids aside. Yeah holiday spirit lol lol lol

Stats? Nope. Don't wanna. I did throw in the towel after getting my 7. Got my fill early, took off and let others have their go.

Oh don't get me wrong. I really DO appreciate that I have any of the new ones thanks to one of many nice people who wanted to share. And I understand one can't resist to go hunting if they're doin well. I just belive that it would be way much more fun for everyone if the gifting and treading threds wouldn't have to be occupied.

I was really looking forward to this Haloween on dc, especialy that it's my first holiday event here. I had loads of fun in the haunted house. Had fun and achieved something. With the "treat or trick candy" eggs I was the slow kid being pushed aside. I had an older bro though - fast enough to bring me one. Thank you

I personally gifted out 7 eggs yesterday while I was awake long enough to handle going back and recatching those eggs every hour until I couldn't stay up long enough anymore to wait another five hours to gift and go back again. Regardless of if the faster catchers got out of the way or not, people are just not going to always get eggs due to whatever unforeseen reason there might be. There is probably almost always going to be a gifting thread like that every year around Halloween.

We tried the best we could in the Halloween Gifting thread to gift out as many as we could to those not fast enough to grab/who's computers didn't agree with them. Don't let Halloween stress you out from having a nice holiday with the Cave, the other holidays will be nothing like this one as the limit will be two and the mass majority will be up and out of the way early.

The year of the Snow Angels, there were so many available that people who already had two would click them to send them to the AP where slower clickers could grab them from there. It even got to a point where we were calling it the Wall of Cheer.

Halloween is just a bit harder because so many people get prepped for it early to have that 5-7 spaces available. Someone else in the thread pointed out that people were a wee bit too greedy, but that's the whole point of this holiday, so it's not fair to call those who did work for their eggs to be called greedy. I spent a lil' bit calculating hatch times of what Marrows and Pumpkins I caught to make sure I had enough time to get them all hatched before the Halloween drop.

Which ended up enabling me to gift six midnight caught eggs to those who had none and restock, so to speak, and gift one again later. So those 'greedy' people also were running the gifting thread. tongue.gif

As for my haul

4 Pumpkins

4 Marrows

40/40 Haunted Mansion

6 2011 Halloween

No zombies as I forgot to raise Fodder

And I have plenty of Vamps

Edited by Bu-tan

Don't read it. That's what I did. Actions, Kill, Confirm, CLOSE PAGE DON'T LOOK! tongue.gif *celebrates having a Healing Shiv*

Also helps to work your way up. Bite eggs. Get over the eggshells - maybe even start to see beauty in them. Experiment on eggs. They sit on your scroll longer. The first couple deaths may hurt. Pre Halloween - muster up guts to time out hatchies. It's near Halloween! Tombstones are decoration! Then maybe summon the courage to Kill... Still hard, but might lessen the blow.

Doesn't stand to reason

Stats? Nope. Don't wanna. I did throw in the towel after getting my 7. Got my fill early, took off and let others have their go.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only afffected by the looks of the slain dragons

Hahaha! You make a perfect mad scientist. laugh.gif

Also, 20 HOURS UNTIL GROWN DRAGONS! Can't wait to see what they look like!

Splitting topic, sending all stat posts to SD (Creating new topic.)

are all Halloween eggs gone from the cave?

Main cave/biomes, yes. You might still find some in the AP.

are all Halloween eggs gone from the cave?

Unfortunately yes, they only dropped for 1 whole day, then disappeared.

ninja.gif 'd by Ruby

Edited by Shiny_Giratina

Admittedly,I DID catch for myself first..but,in reply to this...

Doesn't stand to reason

I just finished gifting my last ghost egg to the people who got none..I gifted 8 ghost eggs,not ALL to TGT,but some there,some to Halloween gifting,& some to people i know..also gifted more pumpkins than i remember + any/all spare marrows between my BF & I ..after breeding,etc...& I helped folks finish the HH event yesterday at last hour(s)...so I dont feel too lousy about myself,others may speak for themselves. This isnt easy..I caught MY eggs by yesterday AM(the LAST egg I needed for my 7,but was on pc all day...)

Rockin' On

I'm so happy with my one ghostie, 3 new pumpkins and my new, shinny marrow. Sure I didn't get zombies and a bag full of marrow and ghost eggs but I'm a happy owner! <3

It is NOT deceiving.

There is the big HELP link at the top of your scroll and there are topics there that very clearly explains both "breed limits" and "egg limits"

It's not TJ's fault that people simply do not want to read the information that is right there on their scroll. wink.gif

I had read it, nearly two years ago when I first joined. But at that time there were no special events going on, and EVERYONE could only have four eggs. They didn't have the trophy things, nor the different regions to grab eggs. I had never had the chance to really participate in the events before because of getting annoyed with having to compete with others in only one page for eggs. I'm sorry for having forgotten what it said, and it could have changed from when I did read it, since a lot of things have changed on this site. The reason for which I have come back I might add. And I was not referring to the fact that there were no limits on grabbing the event eggs, but rather a comment someone said that we can get an unlimited amount of them, thus making me think that for some reason we were allowed to grab more eggs than we would normally have in our scroll. There's a difference between misunderstanding the explanation of the site and something that someone else has said.