TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I was partially right last night, I guessed that the shadow on the egg would fade with each cracking stage. Turns out it's the whole egg ^^

The hatchlings sure have big feet o_o I missed the wingless version, but I'll be able to see my own in 6 hours.

ummmmm this post may be late but the holiday eggs are rare look on the DC wiki page all holiday eggs are considered rare...reason? because you can only get them once a yr >.< you don't see it say *holiday/limited ed* you see it say *holiday/rare* on the wiki...*just saying*

I was partially right last night, I guessed that the shadow on the egg would fade with each cracking stage. Turns out it's the whole egg ^^

The hatchlings sure have big feet o_o I missed the wingless version, but I'll be able to see my own in 6 hours.

The DC wiki has them, I believe, if you don't want to wait to see what they look like.

Thanks rubyshoes, forgot about that. The S1 hatchies look a little forlorn.

I LOVE how the eggs fade more and more as they get closer to hatching biggrin.gif 

An interesting side note: on DDF, as the eggs age getting closer to hatching, they become darker. The eggs with the largest hole are a lot darker than new eggs with no cracks.

It's 'cause they're transparent. DDF has a dark background I'm assuming, and you can see it through the egg more with each cracking stage.

It's too bad zombie dragons can't mate. That would make for an amazing lineage, you know? Ghosts and Zombies combined.

Although, will the ghosts even be capable of breeding? I mean, they're ghosts, right? I wouldn't think ghosts had a reproductive system. Unless they breed in a unique way, like vampire dragons only 'reproduce' by biting an egg.

Edited by Data_Girl_3

Although, will the ghosts even be capable of breeding? I mean, they're ghosts, right? I wouldn't think ghosts had a reproductive system. Unless they breed in a unique way, like vampire dragons only 'reproduce' by biting an egg.

blink.gif Didn't even think about that.

It's too bad zombie dragons can't mate.  That would make for an amazing lineage, you know?  Ghosts and Zombies combined.

Although, will the ghosts even be capable of breeding?  I mean, they're ghosts, right?  I wouldn't think ghosts had a reproductive system.  Unless they breed in a unique way, like vampire dragons only 'reproduce' by biting an egg.

There is a way round that - you can breed the Ghost with a common dragon (or whatever breed you want the baby to be), then kill it to make a Zombie. Like so. I did that one accidentally during my first Halloween here, two years ago. She's one of my favourite dragons. smile.gif

ETA: I really, really hope they can breed. I do love to make up new personal lineage projects with holiday dragons!

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Thanks for the awesome Halloween event! Sadly my friend convinced me to kill an adult to try and make it a zombie sad.gif. Thanks again!

I have three Ghosts eggs.

My desire is a breeding pair; since I am sure (I hope) to get 2 of one gender and 1 of the other gender I will be gifting that third hatchling to someone who wants it. Just note; it WILL be a mature hatchling, not an egg (unless the two older eggs come out one male and one female; the third might still be an egg).

Just a heads up. wink.gif

Edited by Hageshii01

The DC wiki has them, I believe, if you don't want to wait to see what they look like.

Thanks rubyshoes for that insight. I hadn't thought of that....of course, it makes total sense...they are ghosts afterall laugh.gif !!

I have three Ghosts eggs.

My desire is a breeding pair; [...]

Hmm...now what if this dragon can't actually breed?

Two of my ghostlings hatch tonight. I have my others fogged because some need to be male and I kinda ran out of influences...soo, they might be hatching late.

Hmm...now what if this dragon can't actually breed?

Two of my ghostlings hatch tonight. I have my others fogged because some need to be male and I kinda ran out of influences...soo, they might be hatching late.

A possibility, but either way my desire is a male and a female, so I'd be happy to help out the less fortunate. smile.gif

I guess it just depends whether they turn out to be LITERAL ghost dragons, or just a breed of dragon that resembles a ghost or goes in and out of phase or something. I mean, black marrows are skeletal but aren't actually skeleton dragons; they're a breed of living creatures and can produce offspring normally. If these dragons turn out to also be a breed of real dragons, then they should be able to breed. If they're actual ghosts then they should not.

I'll be happy with them either way, though I personally hope we can breed them. I love breeding. :-)

I thought about whether they would be able to breed too, actually. o3o I kinda guessed that they would - the description says "It doesn't seem to have much substance, though." So they have some substance, right? Guess we'll have to wait and see. :3

If they did reproduce like the vampires, I have no idea what they would do. Haunt an egg? xP

I thought about whether they would be able to breed too, actually. o3o I kinda guessed that they would - the description says "It doesn't seem to have much substance, though." So they have some substance, right? Guess we'll have to wait and see. :3

If they did reproduce like the vampires, I have no idea what they would do. Haunt an egg? xP

bring a dead hatchling/adult back with a success rate like bite...? tongue.gif

I dunno. Anyway excited for the adults biggrin.gif

bring a dead hatchling/adult back with a success rate like bite...? tongue.gif

I dunno. Anyway excited for the adults biggrin.gif

That would be intriguing. o3o Though I doubt it would be quite like that 'cause it would involve killing eggs or making your eggs die in order to try use the BSA. x3

But yaaay, adults soon. biggrin.gif I ran out of incubates so I have to wait another 26 hours or so. <_>

I'm going to freeze the odd-man-out Ghost at S2. That hatchling is so beautiful smile.gif That way, I have six breeders and a beautiful hatchie to admire all year.

infect eggs with ectoplasm? laugh.gif

@ WestWindReborn: D'aw, I can imagine a ghostie dragon trying to nom an egg. xP

@ jcwolves: They're no longer dropping in the caves, sorry! D: