Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

So many beautiful lineages - congratulations to everyone !

I'm in a bit of a hurry today, but after doing my weekly round of breeding, I just have to ask...

1. Royal Blue x Imperial

Is it just my abysmal luck, or is it a bug ? I just! can't! get! a Royal Blue out of that pairing. At all. Look at this ! And this !

I'd just like to know if it is possible at all. So - has anyone ever seen a Royal Blue from a RBxImperial pairing ?

2. Two-headed Lindwurms, Green x Blue

I need a green one for my planned lineage, but so far I only got this.

Is there some rule about the colours of the offspring, like with the Coppers ? Or do I have a chance at getting a green one, and my dragons are just torturing me ?

I thought they would breed about 50:50, but obviously I thought wrong, so I'd like to make sure that green offspring from this combination is indeed possible...

Good luck to all your projects !

After an exchange of PMs with SockPuppetStrangler, a restriction has been put in our trading and gifting thread to disallow trading 2nd gen golds, silvers, coppers, prizes and avatars in that thread. Hopefully it's going to be temporary until another solution can be worked out. I do know that second gens are an important part of building even gen lineages and lineages to build checkers with metals are so pretty. Please bear with us as we work toward solutions that will help us reclaim the thread's purpose in helping people build nice even gen lineages.

I know some of you guys are not going to like this change. I'm sorry, but it's the best we could think of for the time being. I'm posting notice here so you all have a head's up. Thank you all for your support and generally being awesome.

~Fiona BlueFire

I have to say, I don't like this, even in the short-term, for the reasons stated by others earlier - it's hard enough to get second gen rare swaps. At least in Even Gens, there's a small sense of community that once existed and could be built again.

For example, I was much more likely to try my rares for Even Gen than other trade forums, in part because I'd breed a great rare for elsewhere and have my trade offer rejected, then be stuck with a rare to trade on my own. In Even Gen, I could count on people contacting me (or me contacting them) even if my initial trade wasn't accepted, because who couldn't use two rares for tough lineages? And a return baby down the line is a great motivator for giving away a rare egg, I think. ~_^

Maybe keep the temporary trade ban, but emphasize that people are allowed to ask for second gens for their work - that hasn't been banned, right? I still think a simple "no crossposting" rule would help more because then it makes a trader have to choose between Even Gens and the other trading forums. If they're in it for the rares, they'll go elsewhere. If they're truly serious about building a line, they'll ask at Even Gens first. Traders can always delete their EG trade posts later if they wish to try elsewhere.

Anyway, I know it's not easy policing the forums, no matter what the rules are. Just voicing my opinion here, not, you know, seething with anger or anything extreme. happy.gif

@stardust13, yes, you are still allowed to ask for help for things. An "Hey, I'm looking for [x], can anyone help?" is still fine.

I knew there would be people unhappy with the rare ban, but it was really the only step I could take in the thread myself. I suggested to Socky that cross posting is a big part of the problem. They agree on that, but are discussing what the options are for fixing the problem, which lies across the whole trading section, frankly. It's hard for anyone not offering low gen metals, prizes or avatars to get anywhere.

Igoreete, welcome to the addiction that is Even Gens building. smile.gif

Ooh, so many even-gen lovers! I like them, too. smile.gif

Lantean_Pegasus, just wrote to tell you that it IS possible to get a green Lindwurm from a male green and a female silver one. I love the colours, too, so I bred these without any major problems:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/OVfq6

http://dragcave.net/lineage/d7yOP

Off to try the Imperial / Royal Blue now, you've made me curious!

Edit: Just had one possible pair, and also got a Fleshcrowne.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

@Fly-by-Night:

Thank you for letting me know ! That is a very nice lineage, the colours indeed go very well together. Both your examples include the same "proof" for the combination I need (Short Controversy), so it still might have been tremendous luck on your side, but hey, at least now I know I can continue trying. laugh.gif

Thanks for testing the other combination, too ! I'm curious to see if anyone can find a Royal Blue from an Imperial parent...

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

1. Royal Blue x Imperial

Is it just my abysmal luck, or is it a bug ? I just! can't! get! a Royal Blue out of that pairing. At all. Look at this ! And this !

I'd just like to know if it is possible at all. So - has anyone ever seen a Royal Blue from a RBxImperial pairing ?

I've never looked at that pairing, but it seems we have another challenge.

I'll be happy to have my hubby and friends try along with me, and see what happens. I don't know if everyone has the right dragons, but we'll see.

Good luck!

EDIT: Mostly no interest/no eggs. the few eggs there were, were FC. What's so weird is that everyone has a lot of one or the other, but not both, so while hubby has 6 or so RB's, he only had 1 RC. Victoria had 4-5 RC's, but not a single RB.

Anyway, we'll keep trying, and probably pick up a few more of these in the cave.

Edited by daba555

1. Royal Blue x Imperial

I just tried four pairs:

M Royal Blue x F Imperial: two Imperial eggs

M Imperial x F Royal Blue: one "no egg", one Royal Blue egg.

So we still don't know if male Royal Blue x female Imperial can make a Royal Blue.

(ETA: all eggs auto'd since I'm locked and just bred them for science.)

Edited by Confused Cat

1. Royal Blue x Imperial

Two pairs gave me no egg and the third an Imperial so still no RB.

Originally I thought that BBW x BM would be a quick nice lineage but this is getting ridiculous. dry.gif Those aren't even the only pairs I have...

I am thinking of switching the BMs with Fever Wyverns since all I wanted was a checker with two poisonous dragons but I refuse to give up just yet.

Two pairs gave me no egg and the third an Imperial so still no RB.

Originally I thought that BBW x BM would be a quick nice lineage but this is getting ridiculous. dry.gif Those aren't even the only pairs I have...

I am thinking of switching the BMs with Fever Wyverns since all I wanted was a checker with two poisonous dragons but I refuse to give up just yet.

Darlin', switching to fevers might just net the same results, only with fevers.

I think because BBW is such an old dragon breed, it must be really hard to get out of these new ones.

Good luck on that, too! Dang, it's rough these days wink.gif

Darlin', switching to fevers might just net the same results, only with fevers.

I think because BBW is such an old dragon breed, it must be really hard to get out of these new ones.

Good luck on that, too!  Dang, it's rough these days wink.gif

Tell me that's not true! *weeps softly

Ah well, I have other lineage projects I can concentrate on and it is already something like habit to breed my BMs once a week and hope for the impossible rolleyes.gif

Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get with these stubborn beasts.

Edit: Maybe BMs and Fevers would work once I give up on the other pairing... M BM x Fever looks much better than the other way around . Not great by all means but all I care about is the poison-theme and it looks good enough that I'll really come to like it with enough time given.

Edited by Flaviel

Eventually, the Bleeding Moons and Imperial Fleshcrowns will become populated enough that they will allow the other breed to come through. Are you all using fertility on the breed you want? I know some people don't believe in fertility, but if you're struggling to get the opposite egg of a pair, it couldn't hurt.

May I also suggest using the Breeding/Gifting group to make a request (as well as Even Gens)? It's a little complicated on first glance, but the group gets easier to use with continued use. It would put many breeders to work on your common, yet hard to get, egg request. Requests remain active for 2 months, and then you can request again. I know I'm happy to try my commons over and over again when I see the request on B/G because going to the want list reminds me to breed. So many people ask for rares there...the breeders love to jump on common requests.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=143470

Edited by stardust13

So many beautiful lineages - congratulations to everyone !

I'm in a bit of a hurry today, but after doing my weekly round of breeding, I just have to ask...

1. Royal Blue x Imperial

2. Two-headed Lindwurms, Green x Blue

I need a green one for my planned lineage, but so far I only got this.

Is there some rule about the colours of the offspring, like with the Coppers ? Or do I have a chance at getting a green one, and my dragons are just torturing me ?

I thought they would breed about 50:50, but obviously I thought wrong, so I'd like to make sure that green offspring from this combination is indeed possible...

Good luck to all your projects !

ITS POSSIBLE!!! smile.gif

i got this royal blue on the first try with a female imperial. http://dragcave.net/lineage/J3mvK

i clicked the breed on the royal blue found the imperial in the list. dunno if that helps or makes a difference. its just what i did.

if you want/need it let me know! going to bed soon so will check my mail tonight.

Edited by spring_dragon

Eventually, the Bleeding Moons and Imperial Fleshcrowns will become populated enough that they will allow the other breed to come through. Are you all using fertility on the breed you want? I know some people don't believe in fertility, but if you're struggling to get the opposite egg of a pair, it couldn't hurt.

May I also suggest using the Breeding/Gifting group to make a request (as well as Even Gens)? It's a little complicated on first glance, but the group gets easier to use with continued use. It would put many breeders to work on your common, yet hard to get, egg request. Requests remain active for 2 months, and then you can request again. I know I'm happy to try my commons over and over again when I see the request on B/G because going to the want list reminds me to breed. So many people ask for rares there...the breeders love to jump on common requests.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=143470

I always forget about fertility. The moment I think about it I instantly forget it rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the suggestion; the problem is that I want to name the dragons after some song lyrics or otherwise I would have bombarded you all already with my requests laugh.gif .

Glad RB and Imperial can produce RBs, I have to admit that I quite like that pairing.

@daba555 & friends:

Thank you so much for trying ! But I only wanted to know if it's possible, I need that specific 3rd gen from that specific caveborns for my "Around the World" lineage. So thanks a lot for all the testing, but you don't need to try and breed more 2nd gens. (At least not for me.)

@Confused Cat:

Thanks to you for trying, too ! I really appreciate the help ! And congrats on getting a RB at all !

@Flaviel:

Oh dear, I feel with you. That *is* ridiculous, but then - DC seems to have some of those absurd balances... I think the male BM x female Fever looks quite nice, coulour-wise (I don't like the BMs, but that's just personal taste), so perhaps you should indeed go with that instead. And thank you for trying the RBxImperial !

@stardust13:

I always use the fertility on the Royal Blue partner, but that's rather a matter of superstition. wink.gif (Or at least I think so, since TJ once said that code-wise it makes no difference which partner gets the BSA.) And thank you for the suggestion. It won't help me in this case, but I'll keep it in mind.

@spring_dragon:

I can't believe my eyes ! You did it ! It IS possible ! ohmy.gif

Well, that gives hope ! Now that I know it is just a matter of sheer stubborness I can breed on every week with renewed fervor. wink.gif

And I would love that little one, if you would give it to me - I have some potential partners on my scroll to breed a nice 3rd gen checker. Ending in an Imperial, I guess. rolleyes.gif

@all:

Many thanks for all the helpfull experimenting !!

sometimes I think fertility works, sometimes I think it does nothing.

based upon experience, I think it helps with golds, but not silvers. but then sometimes golds won't breed anything, even with fertility.

it seems that someone quoted TJ about using fertilization and waiting a bit. Or was it wait between breedings, not breeding the second they're off cool down blink.gif well, that's a lot of help - NOT!

I have noticed, actually, that when I do that it does appear to have a higher success rate. but then, other times not.

I think it simply is like the tides...at times, everything works, at other times, nothing works.

Hubby has been breeding GW's/silvers and hadn't had any success at all. suddenly, in 2 minutes, he bred 2 silvers and a GW. no fertility.

Flaviel, I like the BM/fever, it's really pretty. normally I like a different kind of combination, but that looks good, and I like it either way, I think.

I have found myself suggesting the Breeding/Gifting group lately, too. I got a couple of badly-needed holiday/common eggs, and it didn't take too long. I've also contributed, when I can. There are a couple of things on those lists that nobody can get, though sad.gif

spring dragon: good going! it's a nice combination.

was helping LP. finally something on here i could help with as i can't do the metallic checkers. i'm not quite sold on the pairing myself though. i'm sure it will be neat farther out than second gen. sometimes its hard to tell.

There are a couple of things on those lists that nobody can get, though sad.gif

What are the couple of things? *curious*

What are the couple of things? *curious*

it seems like someone needed something where the mate needed to be a pre-biome female, and then there was maybe a silver from.....nhio, had to look.

Oh, and I think it was the green copper/pre-biome albino? That's no longer there, I don't know if it was filled, or if it simply fell off. I remember it being on there for a long time, and I was bummed that I didn't have any pre-biome albino females.

Edited by daba555

@daba I've tried the Silver x Nhio many times with no success yet...

Congrats to Edster on his Silvers!

As far as fertility and metals go...almost every time I don't use fertility on them I get very little of anything not even fails. When I do use fertility I usually get an egg from at least 60% or higher of them but they are usually the common egg. Earlier this year I had a few weeks of great success (Multiple 2nd gen metals). The past 2 months + I'm lucky if I get one 2nd gen metal every other week using fertility.

Edited by dragonsrus

I can't really add something to the fertility discussion since the few times I used it it didn't work and therefore I quickly forgot about it. Maybe I should try it again for stubborn pairs rolleyes.gif

I guess I've decided to go with the BM/Fever route for now however I'll still torture my BBWs quite a bit cool.gif

I wish I'd strolled through that thread more then, because I do have a pre-biome albino female. I probably could have filled that. I only have one albino female, but she was caught on release day, so yeah, biome-less.

If you see any other such impossible requests, I have a number of pre-biome dragons, including at least one CB silver and gold female. Just give me a head's up. I'll try to check there now and again myself too. (maybe I should just register as a breeder...)

i'm sure i have some prebiome eggs too. at least common or blocker ones. i couldn't have done the green copper/albino one though cuz the only cb green copper i have is female.

I finally have a free eggslot, so I bred my Nebula lines. Six no-eggs and six wrong eggs this week.

I've been considering doing something with Summers since these lines aren't exactly taking up space on my scroll, but I'm not sure what to pair them with. (Or if I want to do a checker in the first place, or some other pattern, or just purebred.) Maybe Daydreams? They shouldn't be common enough to cause too many problems, right?

I finally have a free eggslot, so I bred my Nebula lines. Six no-eggs and six wrong eggs this week.

I've been considering doing something with Summers since these lines aren't exactly taking up space on my scroll, but I'm not sure what to pair them with. (Or if I want to do a checker in the first place, or some other pattern, or just purebred.) Maybe Daydreams? They shouldn't be common enough to cause too many problems, right?

Oooh x daydream would be interesting as a checker smile.gif