Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

I can't get mine to produce metals at all I just get AoC so I just trade them for something different. Has anyone seen a 2nd gen Magma from GoN yet? I can't wait to see a checker with those biggrin.gif

I have gotten both Magma and Avatar from Magma-- but traded both

http://dragcave.net/progeny/1fdPT

http://dragcave.net/progeny/0uu3C

Wouldn't have been a checker anyway---

I'm pretty sure I saw in here someone doing something with Green Stripes from a Frill parent, but I can't remember who you are, so if you're still looking, I found this on the AP and would like to get it to you, please send me a PM! Home found! Edited by prpldrgnfr

I'm stepping in here with a concern that has been brought to light. It doesn't directly affect this thread, but as you all are awesome even gen aficionados it may have an impact. It seems our Even Gen trading and gifting thread has become almost completely overrun with rare trades, to the point that people wanting to gift or swap nice even gen commons find themselves without offers. The whole purpose of that thread is to support building even gen lineages.

Some options are to disallow cb and 2nd gen trades in that thread. I'm hesitant to take that course of action because cb and 2nd gens are important building blocks of even gens, but it's an option.

I am going to post something on the trading and gifting thread, but I'm also looking for suggestions on a way to get that thread back on track so it is once again a useful resource for people building even gen lineages and not just another thread for people to use for hunting rares.

Also, a further note. I don't check the Generation Association inbox very often. If you want a timely answer, PM my personal inbox.

Thanks,

Fiona BlueFire

Moderator, Even Gens threads.

I'm stepping in here with a concern that has been brought to light. It doesn't directly affect this thread, but as you all are awesome even gen aficionados it may have an impact. It seems our Even Gen trading and gifting thread has become almost completely overrun with rare trades, to the point that people wanting to gift or swap nice even gen commons find themselves without offers. The whole purpose of that thread is to support building even gen lineages.

Some options are to disallow cb and 2nd gen trades in that thread. I'm hesitant to take that course of action because cb and 2nd gens are important building blocks of even gens, but it's an option.

I am going to post something on the trading and gifting thread, but I'm also looking for suggestions on a way to get that thread back on track so it is once again a useful resource for people building even gen lineages and not just another thread for people to use for hunting rares.

Also, a further note. I don't check the Generation Association inbox very often. If you want a timely answer, PM my personal inbox.

Thanks,

Fiona BlueFire

the easiest thing might be to disallow 3rd gen and higher metals and rares( prizes avatars) as trades but allow gifting( I really prefer my higher gen metal gifts to go where they will be used and not traded away immediately dry.gif

that way we could still get that 2nd gen metal we need but be off to the other trading threads for higher lineages,

though I am not sure how you could police that

by the way the mods usually remove CB 's as they are not really EG

another suggestion would be to allow trading on this thread again- since there are more mods now it might be easier to keep "clean" than it was when Z was "it" and totally ban the rare/metal lineages. It might be easier to keep this thread clean than police a "No Rares" ban on the other thread

third: a separate thread for EG metal/rare trades( which might actually be covered in other threads)

Edited by dragonpuck

Thanks,

Fiona BlueFire

I tend not to use the EG trade/gift thread except when I want to randomly gift an EG instead of dropping it to the AP. However, something I've been pondering for the trade threads generally is the sheer number of threads some people post trades to - right now, if I had a 3EG Gold, for example, there are at least four threads I could post it on (five if it had an interesting code...). Lots of people seem to spam every trade thread they can, usually all at the same time, and personally I find it both counterproductive and somewhat tedious. Perhaps if this behaviour were limited in some way (e.g., no more than two postings of a trade in 24h), people would have to be more choosy about where to post their rare trades? (I do realise this would potentially be much more work for the mods, though. sad.gif )

However, something I've been pondering for the trade threads generally is the sheer number of threads some people post trades to - right now, if I had a 3EG Gold, for example, there are at least four threads I could post it on (five if it had an interesting code...).  Lots of people seem to spam every trade thread they can, usually all at the same time, and personally I find it both counterproductive and somewhat tedious.  Perhaps if this behaviour were limited in some way (e.g., no more than two postings of a trade in 24h), people would have to be more choosy about where to post their rare trades?  (I do realise this would potentially be much more work for the mods, though.  sad.gif )

I've got to agree with Amazon_warrior here. Part of the problem is people posting the same offer to every thread they can possibly post it. It really make it harder to find the unique trades in each thread without scanning through a bunch you have already seen. I know it drives me crazy and I don't see how it increases someone's chances of finding a trade if you post in three threads at once, unless of course what you are willing to accept is much lesser value then what you are offering.

I also agree with dragonpuck that CBs have no place in an EG thread.

Edited by ElayneDragonLover

Maybe just to start, re-emphasize the purpose of the EG trading thread and the spirit in which it was created.

After that, if you have enough mods to police it, maybe simply ban double trade posts - like, if you can and have posted your trade elsewhere, you can't post it to Even Gens. If you think the EG thread is really what you need to help you, then post your trade only there.

This way, mods aren't looking through posts for breeds, but rather just looking for multiple posts by user. When someone multi-posts, it's pretty easy to spot from the trading page as they will be the last poster on two or more trade threads.

And, again with mod work in mind, maybe simply say that although the mods might not catch every multiple post, if they do find a multiple post to EG, your post will be deleted. Maybe cloning a trade post to EG simply is "punished" with the deletion instead of warns, to keep things simpler. Not getting your trade seen would certainly be punishment to spamming traders.

One thing to remember, on the other hand, is that some of us rely on emails for our favorite forum threads. I read the emails and go straight to trade posts that interest me. I keep the number of threads that I follow low and targeted - I don't have the main, rare, or metal trading threads emailed to me - just EG, PB breeding, seasonal breeding, etc. - low-traffic threads of my favorite breedings.

My point is, when I'm acting as a trader, I don't know who is looking at what thread I might be able to use, so I do post to as many threads as apply to reach the widest possible trading audience. I agree that spreading out the same trade post is better, but I don't always have time to post every few hours to a new thread and sometimes end up spamming all the threads at the same time.

So, I'm no saint, but I do try to follow the rules. If I knew I could only post a trade to EG and not elsewhere, then I would make a clear choice of where to post my trade. It's that simple. And if other threads made similar rules, maybe that would be a good thing.

P.S. If the new hybrid trading is a concern, I have to wonder if we shouldn't be more patient. It was only released in June and people are scrambling for them. I can't help but think that down the line, the interest will wane and the number of trades for them will dwindle.

Edited by stardust13

Maybe just to start, re-emphasize the purpose of the EG trading thread and the spirit in which it was created.

After that, if you have enough mods to police it, maybe simply ban double trade posts - like, if you can and have posted your trade elsewhere, you can't post it to Even Gens. If you think the EG thread is really what you need to help you, then post your trade only there.

Yeah, something like that might work. I know it's difficult to know the target audience of a thread sometimes, and I know I've certainly done the simultaneous multi-post thing at times (though I really try not to if I can avoid it). I just often get the feeling that traders and tradees(?) would find better trades if things were a bit more.... focussed? rolleyes.gif

sometimes i run into 'i forgot which thread i was on' when ppl are trading/gifting on a thread they shouldn't be. (i white list on TGT. most of the time this is done by PM, and that is the response i get.)

i agree with those that have said CBs have no place on an even gen thread. i do think that second gens should stay as they do help build a lineage. i very seldom ask for help with my lineages unless it is something i absolutely cannot do myself. i do share my even gens, so if you want one from my projects (linked below in sig) just ask.

maybe limiting the # of trade posts per day would be an option. i hope this does not include threads like 'take an egg' as some post multiple things a day to keep the thread moving. but i do agree that the multiple postings in multiple threads is overkill. i seldom go to more than 2 trading threads anymore as all the same trades are in those threads anyway. i know its more work for the mods. i don't know if they get paid or not, but if this goes through i sure hope they do cuz its going to be a lot of work.

"if you have enough mods to police it, maybe simply ban double trade posts " - I sent a PM to Socky asking about adopting this policy. I hope it gets implemented because I really do think that go a long way towards solving the problem. I can't make such a policy alone though. That's something perhaps I need to get TJ on board with, or at least the forum mods.

I also want to keep 2nd gens in the even gen trading thread because they are such important building blocks to making even gen lineages. For right now, unless the mods see a problem with it, I'll just ban 2nd gen rares (golds, silvers, coppers [sob], prizes, avatars and maybe trios and blusangs) By mods, I mean forum mods of course, since they're the ones who must enforce such a thing. Even if thread mods play a part, I'm the only lonely mod for the Even Gens threads.

Oh my gosh! I finished getting to 1024 CB pinks biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Thank you to all the people who have helped in my quest!

Now on to breed a mate for this guy here so I can get to 11th gen of purebred pinks smile.gif

And then after that, repeat the 1024 cycle again (another 4 years!)

Thank you everyone for helping <3 wub.gif

Oh my gosh! I finished getting to 1024 CB pinks biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Thank you to all the people who have helped in my quest!

That is a truly awesome achievement! Good luck on the next 1024! smile.gif

@Fiona - I think banning posts on multiple threads might help. Sadly I just see a different spirit on that thread than there used to be. It used to be more of a helping, sharing thread and now it is more of a "let's see what I can get" thing. With that said, I see no point in banning 2nd gen metallics. They are sometimes the hardest thing to get when you want to build a rare checker and it is nearly impossible to go out and get your own CB rares. The 2nd gen metallics are important building blocks just like any other 2nd gen.

Edited by purplehaze

Just curious if anyone here has been successful with GoN checkers? 

I have a Falconiform checker and now I have a possible Waterhorse checker biggrin.gif

What do you think?

I also caught http://dragcave.net/lineage/vMCQd but haven't been successful in breeding a mate yet.

Looks pretty, if you're looking for 2nd gen mate, don't hesitate to pm me, I got some GoNs free to breed or swap smile.gif

I'm most successful in creation x change checker and also have some second gens from GW and sunsong.

They refused. Because why not?

Thanks,

Fiona BlueFire

does this mean that because of the limited number of CB metals (being rare, and all) I would no longer be able to try and do swaps for 2nd gens?

it's rather hard to build a nice even-gen gold/anything or silver/anything if you only have a couple of CB's, and the only way to get new blood is to trade.

many others do lots and lots of even-gen rare checkers, and like to swap out.

maybe there's a lot of those types of trades because people do those checkers?

I kind of feel like I'd be being penalized for wanting to do my gold/green copper checker when golds have gone so rare again, and I just feel the best place to trade for those is the even-gen thread, because people who are doing the same lineage are the most likely to be able to breed them from existing cb pairs.

this whole thing confuses me, with all the rules and stuff, I can anticipate never being able to figure out when I can or can't ask for a trade sad.gif

Edited by daba555

does this mean that because of the limited number of CB metals (being rare, and all) I would no longer be able to try and do swaps for 2nd gens?

it's rather hard to build a nice even-gen gold/anything or silver/anything if you only have a couple of CB's, and the only way to get new blood is to trade.

many others do lots and lots of even-gen rare checkers, and like to swap out.

maybe there's a lot of those types of trades because people do those checkers? 

I kind of feel like I'd be being penalized for wanting to do my gold/green copper checker when golds have gone so rare again, and I just feel the best place to trade for those is the even-gen thread, because people who are doing the same lineage are the most likely to be able to breed them from existing cb pairs.

this whole thing confuses me, with all the rules and stuff, I can anticipate never being able to figure out when I can or can't ask for a trade sad.gif

This.

I can understand disallowing cb dragons, but I can see no reason to ban 2nd gens. First of all it's difficult to find a swap if you're doing some rare lineage (the number of cb is limited, you can't ask specifically for a IOU and usually they do not breed well). Secondly, some time ago I've seen posts saying that many people do not look into rare trading thread, because it is focused on super-rare swaps and they can't afford to offer at those trades. If I want to trade metal checker for - lets say - a cb hatchie, why should I be banned from EG thread? After all it seems to be the best place to find someone interested in a checker lineage.

It seems our Even Gen trading and gifting thread has become almost completely overrun with rare trades, to the point that people wanting to gift or swap nice even gen commons find themselves without offers. The whole purpose of that thread is to support building even gen lineages.

To be clear: I do mostly common checkers. I did have problems in trading/swapping them, because they are not popular so I don't post them in trades any longer. But I'm okay with it, I just catch more caveborns (quite easy, they are common after all). If people are not interested in commons, they're not going to change their attitude, just because there are going to be more commons offered... at least I think so.

Daba, I really don't want to disallow rare 2nd gen swaps in the thread, but a lot of the trades being offered or asked for are 2nd gen rares. It's hard for people just looking for a little help on a project to get anyone to notice their post.

I don't want to penalize you for doing what the thread is designed to do, which is get help building your lineages, or offer help. Metal checkers are so pretty, but they are hard to do, so people need all the help they can get.

Disallowing rare 2nd gen trades would only be temporary, hopefully, and would eliminate a lot of the cross posting to our thread. I also haven't actually done it yet. It's just a measure I'm considering as a way to help the problem.

I haven't been doing much lineage breeding lately, as my poor dragons are such a disorganized mess. I've got nearly 1000 of them waiting for names, and everyone is out of place. I started a spreadsheet to try to get a handle on things, but haven't gotten very far getting the dragons on it. I was only half joking when I told someone I'd pay for a script that would check my dragons and enter them on the spreadsheet for me...

However, I have a number of cb metals. PM me and I'll see what I can breed that you're looking for. Warning, they've been very stingy when I have tried them lately.

I feel for your refusal problem, Angelsin.

So much...

Destined for each other, right? Nope. She hates his guts. Hence, her current name.

As soon as Second Miracle comes off breeding cooldown, I'm trying again.

I held off on breeding a bit longer to collect Springs before the season switch, so I bred all of my Nebula lines again yesterday. Four no eggs, eight wrong eggs, and one Nebula from the Copper line. :/

Hopefully she'll go red. -fingers crossed-

Oooo, congrats on getting all you need. smile.gif You are the pink master. *bows* I'm still working on my guardians (who can be surprisingly recalcitrant with giving eggs sometimes).

I'm toying around with the idea of using the dragons only available thru breeding only dragons in a project: geode, bluna, shallow water, ultraviolet, hellhorse, soulpeace, avatars. Y/N?

Edited by ytak

I am confused. I must admit, I am absolutely not experienced with breeding Coppers but am now working on a Brown Copper x Albino-Lineage. The females have been cooperative and gave me Brwon Copper eggs. Today, the first male gave an egg and ..... it is Red. How is that possible? I thought you'd always get the same color Copper. One more stubborn breed there?

Edit: Just found some information. Did I undserstand correctly that I need female Albinos from the Volcano to get Brown Copper eggs from my male Brown Coppers?

Edited by Bootsmann

CB copper dragons will breed the color of egg that drops in the biome where the female was caught, when the female is also CB. So, since your albino was caught in the alpine you will get red eggs from her. If you can find albinos caught in the volcano you'll get brown eggs from her.

ETA: I have a female albino from before biomes. She'd also breed a brown copper egg from a male brown copper, if you'd like me to try for an egg for you.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

So I understood right. That makes it more challenging but challenges are not always bad...

Would be real nice if you could try your dragons for me. Thank you!

@Bootsmann - I have a couple of pre-biome Albino females, too, but only one CB brown Copper male. I would be glad to try them for you when I am unlocked if you don't get what you need from Fiona.

@Bootsmann - I have a couple of pre-biome Albino females, too, but only one CB brown Copper male. I would be glad to try them for you when I am unlocked if you don't get what you need from Fiona.

Hubby tried his 2, and got one refusal and one no egg.

I'm locked and haven't even looked, but if I can help, I will try.

It's a shame albinos are only found in Alpine and Forest, it really limits your options. However, you can also try the Breeding, Gifting thread, which would reach people who don't visit this thread.