Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Rats, the metallic breeding frenzy is not for everyone, alas!

In high hopes I tried mine. all of them, CB, lineages I'm trying to continue, and got nothing.

I made my hubby try all his, and nothing.

I asked a few friends that we do swaps with, one of whom loves golds and has as many as the rest of us all added together, and nothing.

Not one gold or silver egg. No refusals, thank goodness, and several that went to the AP as fails, but not one metallic. Probably 3/4 showed no interest.

What's up with that?!?!?!????

dry.gif

Aah, that sucks Daba!

My metals have been ok this week and given me two pretties, including this one today. I wonder how hard it'll be to find a swap for? 3:

Edited by kleptomaniac

If anyone wants to swap 3rd gen Gold/Marrows with me come Halloween I'd love a mate for this guy

Great news on the metals folks, wish all of mine had eaten the same breakfast smile.gif

Aah, that sucks Daba!

My metals have been ok this week and given me two pretties, including this one today. I wonder how hard it'll be to find a swap for? 3:

thanks, I need all the sympathy I can get!

Very pretty egg you've got there.

As for finding a swap, I think you need to change your name to "masochist" laugh.gif

I usually try and oblige, and have been able to provide some mates when commons are needed (since some of you can only seem to breed metals rolleyes.gif ) but I wouldn't even attempt that one.

It's a pretty one to have, though smile.gif

Ae0nian - Thank you! And Yes! I'm definitely interested in a bloodswap for the blusang x silver!

You have some beautiful checker. That Silver x STD lineage is stunning!

dragonsrus - Congrats on all the metals! The gold x summer looks like they were made for each other laugh.gif

Dimar - I'm with daba555 on that purple nebula. I think it fits right in xd.png

Varekis - O? Ok haha, never mind then xd.png

And ooo! an RB x Silver! I'd love to do a bloodswap with you in a few months, though right now I haven't got much to go on. Waiting on either one of these pairs to give me a 3rd gen silver, and for these two to breed Something. >.<

daba555 - that would suck D: Though maybe just bad timing. I was trying for 2g metals yesterday and got Nothing too. But did breed a lineaged gold egg though.

Speaking of which:

Does anybody want this mixed EG Gold? I have all the siblings I can ever need already >.<

-----------

Yesss! http://dragcave.net/lineage/pgjQ3 ! Now, she can have a mate, and I'll be finished with that lineage.

Edited by s0r0k4

I have kind of a weird question. Does anyone remember the Tones of Life lineage from a long while ago? The thread is long gone, of course. Well, my very first lineage project was to create a 'dark mirror' of that project, as originally I intended to get a sibling to the final Tone dragon and then breed them together. Unfortunately, the creator of the lineage went inactive long before I could get one. I kept a lineage link to the completed project, but the dragons have since lost all their names. I was wondering if anyone remembers any of those names, because it occurred to me that I could simply recreate that lineage myself, as I have all of the components. I'm not trying to steal the lineage, just recreate it to make a mate for my mirrored project. If the owner ever came back I'd happily give up the names for him, it just doesn't seem likely at this point.

For the interested, this is what I created. Still working on the alt for the final dragon, of course. >_< I'm not sure if it's allowed even if the user is long inactive so I won't put up the lineage link to his project, but I do have it. I just can't remember any of their names except that Tone of Life was the final dragon. So it was going to be the Tones of Life and the Echoes of Death.

Tayia, I'll try again for you, but I have had dismal luck getting anything at all, including commons sad.gif Maybe my moon is in the wrong place in the heavens or something.

The hubby wanted me to ask if anyone has done anything nice with Tsunamis. He seems to keep getting them, and thought it would make sense to use them for something.

He's been influencing pretty much half-and-half male and female, but has 2 hatchies currently on his scroll not influenced at all, and an egg.

We were wondering what looks pretty with it, and maybe no metallics, because we don't have that many CB ones.

Thanks for any ideas smile.gif

Deb

My Female CB Silvers continue to refuse to produce a silver when paired with a blusang. If anyone needs this 2nd gen blusang, let me know.

My Female CB Silvers continue to refuse to produce a silver when paired with a blusang. If anyone needs this 2nd gen blusang, let me know.

Id love it, please! That would give me 2 - good start smile.gif

... OMG y'all. I finally have a right colored Stripe from the most stubborn pair in history. It might not look too impressive but my project is pyramid shaped and this pair has been holding it up FOREVER. No really, forever. I've been breeding them since March of 2010 and they've had a statistics defying 20+ wrong colored eggs. I just... I'll let the images say it.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

@dragonsrus grats on getting so many shinies laugh.gif Your luck is encouraging :3333 Let's hope metallics will keep breeding this well for some time so that more people could start beautiful lineages with them :3

@Varekis Thank you! biggrin.gif I just thought an STD male should go well with a silver female (I like his pose and color which is not too pink xd.png it's more like whitish-pink, but not too pale, and together with the silver female's tints it makes a good color-scheme)

@s0r0k4 Thank you too! biggrin.gif Will put your name down in my profile then - to remind myself of doing a bloodswap when the time comes :3

@Tayiadragonbite what an extensive list of gorgeous checkers you have here! i wish I could help you with many, but out of all the lineages you mentioned I'm only working on a 3rd EG Daydream/Silver(F) checker. Already got a silver and now trying to get a 2d gen daydream out of my second CB silver lady. Once I arrive at a 3d gen, I'll be able to send you a 3d gen daydream baby :3.

@kelverathewinged Stripes can actually be this cruel? xd.png My sincerest congrats on getting a right color!!

P.S.

If anyone's looking for Common/Uncommon blood swaps (from metallic checkers), maybe there's something useful to you :3

Edited by Ae0nian

Ae0nian, I might be able to breed you a green Neb x Gold 3rd gen when my pair comes off of cooldown. smile.gif

Also, I like this checker. tongue.gif The hybrid matches really well with the female parent.

Ae0nian, I might be able to breed you a green Neb x Gold 3rd gen when my pair comes off of cooldown. smile.gif

Also, I like this checker. tongue.gif The hybrid matches really well with the female parent.

I've been trying that green neb/gold thing, also, not working really well so far sad.gif

but, I did get this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/AshfN

she turned red overnight - what a nice morning surprise!

This is from a friend, she's also trying to get another green/gold to make a 3rd gen for Ae0nian, since we can no longer help with the gold/purple.

Sooner or later...

I couldn't see that stripe, it must be hidden. I'll bet it wonderful smile.gif

Klepto, I really like that horse/hellfire combo, too. I had planned to try the same thing, so maybe we can bloodswap sometime?

The male counterpart, while beautiful, really doesn't lend itself to this kind of match. And because you can't get CB ones, it's not like you can use them with anything compatible, because what's going to look good with both colors?

Ideas, anyone? All y'all are so good at making matches smile.gif

oh, and I almost forgot, because it was fogged - http://dragcave.net/lineage/pTaOg

thanks to dragonsrus who gave me some advice - might be coincidence, but I don't think so - thank you!!!

making a mate for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/PhEKc, which although male, will eventually get paired with a gold, which will end the lineage once it produces a gold (I hope). Short but sweet smile.gif

Edited by daba555

Well, nebulae can be very tricky. tongue.gif Ha. The only neb I've had from my pair has been a purple so far...

But congrats on that little one colouring right! happy.gif

But yeah, a bloodswap sounds great! I'm severely lacking in CB hellfires, so I need some help getting to the much further with it anyway. happy.gif' Haha.

I'm with you on the male hellhorse thing... it's the same issue that I have with the soulpeace dragons, in that it doesn't match either of the parents in a way that I find appealing, even though I love the sprite individually.

Does anyone have a link to the picture with all the lineage sprites on it? I know that someone made one, but I can't remember who it was for the life of me. ): I regret not saving it when I saw it.

Does anyone have a link to the picture with all the lineage sprites on it? I know that someone made one, but I can't remember who it was for the life of me. ): I regret not saving it when I saw it.

I uploaded one a while back. Here's an updated one, with the new dragons since then added: link

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find some spriter alt holidays, but I've got the large size rectangles for most dragons and the small size ones for a few.

Also, here's some templates I use. I made them using PB Pinks I bred which have no names in the lineage, so they have close spacing but still leave space where the codes would go.

Edited by smileytechie

just found this in the AP, it's gorgeous!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aGI4k

if it wasn't released on purpose, you can have it back, but I do so love it. it took a lot of hollies to make this smile.gif

klepto, I've been seeing a lot of CB hellfire eggs in the AP, you should take a look. I've taken a few and put them back, and also given some away.

thanks for the picture thing, I was thinking how nice it would be, in order to figure out some lineages.

people have been abandoning whites and daydreams like crazy, and a friend is collecting ones with named parents. she's going to end up with a mess of 2nd gen, and try to put them together into something pretty.

Edit: when showing off a baby, it helps to put the link smile.gif

Edited by daba555

That's really pretty! o:

And really? I think I've been looking at the AP at the wrong time of day then. tongue.gif But anyway, I'm all geared up for 4th gen barring refusals now, thanks to a lucky AP find and the breeding/gifting thread. <3

Thanks Smiley! That's really helpful, though the images seem a lttle small? I dunno.

I know photobucket has a horrible habit of resizing large images though. happy.gif'

Thanks Smiley! That's really helpful, though the images seem a lttle small? I dunno.

I know photobucket has a horrible habit of resizing large images though. happy.gif'

For me, it shows the full size if I click the magnifying glass in the lower right corner of the picture twice. Does that work for you?

Huzzah! So glad that bred coppers take after their copper parents. :3 Was anxious to see if I would get a rainbow or green egg from this pair. xP

Can't wait to keep building this lineage now! Happy to do bloodswaps/trades etc ;u;

For me, it shows the full size if I click the magnifying glass in the lower right corner of the picture twice. Does that work for you?

Ahh, my browser was opening up the image only, and not the page with the photobucket interface. tongue.gif That helps.

Thanks!

Grats Varekis! Looks pretty. <3

purplehaze - Thank you! <3

kelvera - 2010? That's just...wrong. D: Congrats on the Stripe!!!

Ae0nian - Kk, I'll do the same biggrin.gif Will PM you whenever I get an egg

daba555 - http://dragcave.net/lineage/aGI4k was AP'd on purpose. I was locked and bored >.< I'm glad you like it and that it found a good home! biggrin.gif

Varekis - Congrats!! I thought the pairing worked before due to sprites' poses, but now as a 3rd gen it is Pretty! biggrin.gif I love how the coppers mellow out the sunsongs' coloration and it looks very tropicy and fresh without going into greens biggrin.gif

--------------------------------

So, tried my only green Copper with a different Silver again in hopes of hitting up on that metallic downpour. It went even worse then last week - they refused. mad.gif The RBxSilvers didn't throw anything good either *sigh*

This lineage did, however: 5th gen Silver x Ultraviolet biggrin.gif I'm calling it finished biggrin.gif

Edited by s0r0k4

This lineage did, however: 5th gen Silver x Ultraviolet biggrin.gif I'm calling it finished biggrin.gif

That's gorgeous! Sorry about your refusal though sad.gif

Edit:

Kermit flail! My very first attempt at this pairing is a Success!!

It's going to be bottom half of the mate for This shimmer, however i need help getting a silver for the top. Since I only have 2 CB silver's and the CB silver in the top half is one of them haha. I can promise the first shimmer egg from the pair, or a silver of your choice. If someone can help please toss me a pm smile.gif I need a silver Like this one.

Edited by jadedragon07