SkySong278

X-Men: The End

Moira

Moira smiled when he said that he skimmed past the Irish mutants. "There are only a few of us here though and I only know of one other who knows a few...it's like a chain of all of us." she said and then looked at Siren. "yeah I would." she whispered to Com as she took in the girls appearance. She had wondered why she was so at peace here when it was an enclosed space when she realized that it was Siren. "Siren? Oh, yeah. You know, you did help a lot. I was watching the TV when I saw what was going on. If it wasn't for you, all of you would have been dead....and I owe you for that." she said and for some reason it seemed that Siren's help was rather personal to Moira.

Moira looked around the room and then back at Siren. "Whatever you do Siren, as long as you are using your abilities in a way to help keep mutants with a good name, it means something. Don't ever discount your importance." she said showing a soft spot for once but she then sighed and rolled her eyes. "Oh god, I sound like Nicandro." she said and then looked back at Com as a thought hit her. "Uh-oh..." she said and turned again as Nicandro came weaving out of his room.

Nicandro

Nicandro's blood shot eyes just looked like they were already a part of his ruby red eyes. His white hair was disheveled and he just did not look well at all. He smiled at those in the room and leaned against a wall as Moira quickly rushed over with a chair and made him sit down. "Quit bossing me around." he said jokingly only to receive a worried smile from Moira. "I'm fine...this must be Com...the man who won't show his face, or speak his name." he said and looked at Com with a penetrating gaze and as Com would probably notice, Nicandro already had his name. Don't worry. You wish to keep your name a secret...but thank you for taking care of our Moira. He said and tilted his head to the side slightly as he then looked at Siren. "Siren, this is Com and Moira, or Night Path. A well chosen name. Moira is our technopath, photopath, and elementapath. If you remember from a few years ago, the intelligent Beast? Her mind is much like his." he said and smiled at the girl who had now handed him some oils to inhale and place on his temples

Riley

Riley sighed as she was ignored and just leaned against the back wall before Nick came in. She took in his disheveled appearance and immediately got worried. "You okay dear?" she asked him worriedly after Moira gave him some oils to inhale and to put on his temples. Even to her, he didn't look well and she figured that it must have something to do with him using as much power as he had earlier. I hope it doesn't continue like this, she thought to herself a bit worriedly.

Edited by Dragonpelt

~Ren~

((Fortune, here I am assuming Ely was on her way to a gas station; the motorbike mentioned at the end was going to be hers. If she had another way of getting gas, I'll just assume this wasn't her motorbike))

Ren smiled at Willow once more, then darted off through the streets with no explanation. She really had no explanation, except that her slightly-deranged mind was thoroughly bored of standing around when a giant building was burning to the ground. She was quite ticked off that John Shooter had cancelled her mission and left her with nothing to do, and she had half a mind to take Johnny's thoughts and leave his corpse empty. But then what would she do? She'd have no one to give her missions, and the government would be mad at her again. And the punishment they'd put on her... oh, it was awful. It rather sucked to not be able to die.

Ren wandered aimlessly and soon found herself hungry. She took a penny out of her pocket and looked towards the road. There wasn't much traffic, but it was enough. Right as a semi-truck was coming by, Ren threw the penny onto the road. It landed right in the way of the wheel of the truck and was squashed flat. Ren giggled as the truck sped by. She was about to skip out onto the road to retrieve the penny when she felt someone give her shoulder (which was covered with a jacket) a little flick. She spun around, prepared to kill. A college boy winked at her before turning as though he was going to continue walking. Ren grinned violently, well aware that she was a very nice looking girl and well aware of what the boy had been hinting at. Before the boy knew what was happening, he had been double arm locked in a bent-arm wrist lock and thrown to the ground with an outer reaping throw. Ren's cold hand was near his throat, and his head had hit the concrete hard enough that her hand was the last thing he could remember. His buddies (apparently, for they had been standing nearby) turned quickly and rushed towards him.

"Hey, what yo problem lady--ackkk!" Wham! Smack! Thunk! Flip! Crunch! And they were all on the ground. Ren frowned down at them, wondering why they hadn't been trained to defend themselves. "That... did not go how I had hoped, but I did not touch any of you so I will not kill you." She grinned at them quickly, but her grin faded when she saw the expressions of the people around her. Some of them were gawking, some looked angry and a few were giving her a thumbs up. Ren frowned, trying to think of the proper social terms that would keep her mutant identity a secret. "They insulted my sanity," she tried. Everyone just kept staring, so Ren shrugged and trotted away.

Ren didn't like people very much. They were hard to understand, and didn't understand her very well. She had lots of memories and knew several languages, but that still didn't help her understand people. The memories she had stolen weren't hers and didn't feel like hers; they were there, they were information, but they did not change the base of who she was. Ren decided to go somewhere quieter for lunch. And what better place than a gas station? Forgetting about her penny, Ren took off running for the nearest gas station.

Two minutes later, Ren arrived at the old, cheap gas station. It was a historical building redone, and there was no 'no shirt no shoes no service' rule. Instead there was a 'no pants, no service' rule which Ren liked to laugh at. She entered the small building near the gas pumps and looked around, sniffing curiously to see if there was any hot food. She heard a motorbike approaching, but she paid it no special heed...

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Com~

"They're here, yes I'm here with them...." Com nodded to Siren, pleased. He had already gone over Tempest and Blade's powers, and realized with some sickness and some amusement that Blade could easily discover who Com was if he wanted. Not that it mattered to Com, so long as Blade didn't announce it to everyone in the room. He knew Blade was fairly intelligent and probably wouldn't do that, but still, he always had to expect the worse...

"Not me... All I can do is put them asleep, or most of them. I suppose I could start a fight, induce love, and perhaps more, but oh well. Oh! And I picked up someone I think you'd find.... Interesting." Com smiled, absently running his left hand over the bandages on his right arm. "Someone? Who?" He was quite curious, knowing that Siren had pretty good taste when it came to people. That reminded Com of Jay, and he felt the same sinking feeling in his gut he had felt the day he had learned of Jay's death.

Just then more footsteps resounded and Com turned towards the door. He felt a lot better now, and his suite was already automatically working to repair the breach in the oxygen supply. A moment later, Tempest appeared at the doorway.

"Hello Moira, I'm glad you're here." Moira? So that's her name... that wasn't what she told me earlier. Interesting. "Who's your friend?" Com took a step forwards and dipped his head to Tempest. "I'm Com. You're Tempest, I presume? I've heard quite a bit about you." Com was glad to meet Tempest, though her voice didn't sound as he had thought it would. He glanced at... 'Moira'... as she spoke to Siren about her powers. When Moira mentioned Nicandro, Com flinched but recovered before Moira looked at him. Her eyes seemed piercing, like she really did want to know who was hiding in his armor. He smiled, though she wouldn't have seen it, but his smile faded as more footsteps approached the door...

Nicandro.

Well, Blade didn't look quite how Com had thought he would. He looked extremely tired and worn, and his eyes were bloodshot. He looked sickly, and Com thought he probably looked worse than Com had when Moira had assisted him. Com watched curiously as Night Path made Blade sit down. Her dominant nature was something that quite fascinated Com, for he hadn't met any girl who was quite like her--a bit bossy and perhaps pushy, but not all out attention seeking or having to compete with and be better than anyone. That reminded Com that he owed a girl from school a phone call about a project that was due, and she was probably really ticked off that he hadn't called yet.

"I'm fine... this must be Com... the man who won't show his face, or speak his name." Com couldn't help but smile. It was obvious that Nicandro was delving into his thoughts, seeking out his name... and obviously he had found it. Interesting. He doesn't trust me enough to let me keep that to myself. I guess I wouldn't either... 'Don't worry. You wish to keep your name a secret... but thank you for taking care of our Moira.' Com simply nodded slightly and then stretched his arm as Blade spoke to Siren.

"Siren, this is Com and Moira, or Night Path. A well chosen name. Moira is our technopath, photopath, and elementapath. If you remember from a few years ago, the intelligent Beast? Her mind is much like his." Beast, yes. He was a valuable asset to the X-Men. However, their entire group was lacking in several areas, which is why they fell apart. They weren't lacking at first; no, they were flawless when there were only seven of them. But they let their emotions and care for their teammates get in the way of their mission. That is where they failed, where they couldn't work together. As a boy, Com had been fascinated with the X-Men. He had studied, studied and studied some more about them. He had played little mutant games with his young friends during recess. Of course, when his teachers discovered this they quickly reprimanded him. Still, the X-Men had been his heroes before his mother had died. After that, Asashi hadn't really cared about anyone or anything and Com only cared about helping others escape her unfortunate fate.

Suddenly there were more quiet footsteps, and Com turned to the door once more...

~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

Sophira awoke from her nap feeling much more refreshed than she had earlier. Her dreams had been pleasant and Siren's voice had echoed through them the entire time, only helping Sophira sleep. Though the explosion of the building still sickened her, she felt more ready to face the day than she had previously. It didn't take her long to realize that it was very quiet all around her, and everyone was gone--well, from the main room at least. Sophira paused and listened to the silence until she heard where the others were. They seemed to be all together, and Sophira could hear another voice or two with theirs.

Curious and excited about who might have come, Sophira quickly followed the voices until she came to the room where everyone was gathered. She was a bit surprised to see Moira and shuddered at Com's wound, but it was Blade who got her attention the most. He looked like the living dead. "Oh, Mr. Nicandro... is there anything I can get you? Umm, coffee or anything? And you people, too," she said, shifting on her feet and smiling at Com and Moira.

Com seemed surprised at Sophira's lack of greeting, but he didn't react. "No thank you," he replied. Sophira nodded and looked at the others, her eyes stopping on Blade. "You... really look like you could use some. It's no trouble to make it, honest." Sophira hoped to be helpful somehow; she felt she had done nothing important or helpful the entire time she had been with her new allies, and that rather bothered her.

*Siren*

"Siren? Oh, yeah. You know, you did help a lot. I was watching the TV when I saw what was going on. If it wasn't for you, all of you would have been dead....and I owe you for that." Siren blushed and shook her head modestly, though she was pleased that someone thought she'd done well. Siren still wished she could do something a bit more practical, but was feeling better about her abilities now. It seemed that Moira was a nice mutant, and Siren had a feeling Com could subdue her quite easily should the assumuption be wrong. "Whatever you do Siren, as long as you are using your abilities in a way to help keep mutants with a good name, it means something. Don't ever discount your importance." Again Siren shook her head modestly, not wanting to appear arrogant.

Blade was coming into the room quickly and when he got here, Siren was amused by watching him forced into a chair by Moira for some much needed rest. Finally he said to her, "Siren, this is Com and Moira, or Night Path. A well chosen name. Moira is our technopath, photopath, and elementapath. If you remember from a few years ago, the intelligent Beast? Her mind is much like his." Siren could easily absorb the information, and nodded in understanding. Siren cracked a small smile and almost wanted to pinch herself. She only smiled in dreams... The comparison to Beast is what sold it, with a nod she was pulled from her analytical thoughts by Com.

"Someone? Who?" He was genuinely curious, but Siren gave him a small wink before slithering off to go collect Maya. The small girl was sitting calmy "cross-cross-applesauce" on the bed, evidently waiting for Siren. "Why didn't you come look for me?" Maya shrugged and stretched her arms up quickly. Obediently Siren picked her up and the two headed back to the group of people. As they walked in, Maya pointed imperiously at Blade and said loudly (which sounded odd with her high pitched soprano voice), "Shiny!" Siren bit back a smile and gestured to Com and Moira, "That's Com... And that's Moira." Maya frowned and examined Com closely, at a pat on Siren's arm, the girl was placed on the ground. She approached him quickly, "What's your real name?" She whispered the question in his ear.

((That's fine with me LadyNatasha.))

The girl was just pulling up into the gas station when her earpiece buzzed into life.

“Elyon. It’s time to take your medication.”

“Affirmative” replied Elyon as she drew up beside a pump. As she climbed off and took off her helmet an attendant hurried over and reached for one of the nozzles, but caught sight of her harsh stare. He slowly retracted his hand and moved it even faster when he caught sight of the white and blue pistol like weapons at her hips. The attendant backed away and gave the fixed grin of a man that absolutely under no circumstances wants any trouble and would be quite content to sit in a corner for the next ten minutes as he underwent a bout of temporary blindness.

When he had gone Elyon reached into the small pack just next to the pistol on her right hand side and withdrew a small blue container. Popping the lid off she shook a small white pill into her palm which she then put into her mouth and swallowed. It was important that she took her medication when instructed. Putting the container away Elyon picked up the fuel hose herself and began to fill up her bike.

When the tank was full Elyon replaced the nozzle, fixed the cap back into place on her bike and then approached the window at the side of the station. She had no desire to enter the station itself, only to get on with her mission as quickly as possible. As she stood in the short queue another motorbike drew up at the pump next to hers. The new rider, a tall man of approximately thirty, dismounted his own bike and moved over to inspect Elyon’s customized one. Like the pistols that she carried the motorbike had a white and blue motif and was also designed to feed off her unique energy signature.

Elyon caught the biker’s reflection in the window and turned around to face him.

“Don’t touch it” she warned him.

The biker looked over at her and grinned.

“Don’t worry little lady. I won’t break it.”

“It’ll break you.”

The biker laughed and put his hand on the bike’s seat just to annoy her. The second his palm made contact with it a pulse of energy shot through his hand, shattering the bones up to his elbow. The biker screamed in pain and tore himself away, cradling his injured arm. Elyon turned back to the cashier’s window and held up a credit card to the shocked man.

“Pump two” she said waving the piece of plastic under his nose to get his attention.

((Totally didn't forget to take off her helmet or anything. Nope. I did not.))

Edited by Fortune86

^))Com#+~

After Sophira had spoken, Com watched as Siren gave him a light wink and left to get whoever she was going to get. Boy was he surprised when she brought in a child that could be no older than five, with blonde curly hair and big green eyes. Com had to smile as the child pointed at Nicandro and announced his shininess. "That's Com... And that's Moira." Com smiled and knelt down as the child approached him. He was about to ask her her name when she suddenly leaned in close and whispered a question he had never expected; "What's your real name?" Com glanced at Siren, wondering if Siren had told the child that Com wasn't his real name. He then laughed lightly at the young girl and whispered back. "That's a secret that only two people get to know right now."

The child's eyes captivated Com, and reminded him of his failure to save the child in the burning building.

I won't make the same mistake again. I won't let my past get the best of me. There's no way on earth I'm going to let anything happen to this child. Then he stood and faced Siren. "Where's she from?"

~~~~~~~~~~

((:3))

~Ren~

Ren had bought beef jerky, and only beef jerky. But it wasn't just any beef jerky; it was 'Champion' beef jerky, and half of it was spicy. She had bought ten little bags of it and couldn't wait to dig in. "I thank you for your job here, and my honesty is set," she said with a smile to the man behind the counter. He smiled and nodded in automatic response, but as Ren turned towards the door he stared after her weirdly. The moment she was outside, Ren yanked open a bag of the beef jerky and stuffed an entire piece in her mouth, ravenously chewing it. It was then that she heard another motorbike pull up. She had exited around the corner from the main gas pump but now rounded the corner to see if the first biker had come to join the second; she did love butting in on biker parties, because usually they consisted of big burly men with tattooes all over their arms who didn't know how to respond to a teenage girl who asked them strange questions.

Turned out the first biker wasn't a guy anyway, but Ren decided to watch and see if the second biker knew the first one, who she assumed was the young blonde girl who was paying for gas at the window of the station. Ren licked her lips and took a few steps forwards so she could hear any conversation. "Don't touch it." Oh, did that ever get Ren excited. She could already tell that the big guy was going to touch the short girl's bike, and she wondered what the short girl would do.

“Don’t worry little lady. I won’t break it.” "It'll break you." Now Ren was very excited and took several steps forwards so that she was standing half the building's span from the blonde girl. Of course, the male biker touched the female biker's blue and white bike--and that was where the fun started. There was a very loud, almost girly scream that came forth from the vocal chords of the male biker as he touched the seat of the bike, and Ren heard his bones crack. Ren immediately turned to gaze with intensity at the blonde, trying to find some answers she was looking for. Does the man know if the blonde is a mutant or not? No. Does the blonde know how the bike got to be how it is? Yes. Does the blonde know where she is going after here with that bike? Yes. The questions Ren could answer using her power were quite vague and she was very tempted to touch the blonde and find out what made the bike so special, but that wasn't her job. Yet I don't have a job... oh, I'm SO bored. I have to do something!

Ren cocked her head slightly as the blonde waved her hand in front of the cashier's face. Then she grinned, and answered herself a question that she asked herself about all interesting people she met: Does the blonde have information about the government mutant-wise that I do not have? ...yes. Oh, how delightful! Ren found herself skipping forwards towards the huge biker man, who was searching his pants for his cell phone--no doubt with the purpose in mind to call the cops. "Hello," Ren said loudly. The man gave her a quick glance as he searched for his cell phone. "Hey, help me out, will you? That psycho-witch just blasted my arm!" Ren frowned and gave the man a light kick on the knee, light enough it didn't harm him at all. However, her expression was stormy. "You have lied," she said angrily. The man stared at her like she was insane, which she basically was.

Ren shook her head and set all her beef jerky carefully on the ground. "You have told me that the blonde rider has broken your arm. Not only that, but you called her psycho, which I know you do not know is certain even if you think it is. That, and you lied again by comparing her to users of evil magic. Lying is bad, and you are not good at lying! The last thing is, you say your arm was blasted, but here it is! Do you want to see a blasted arm?" The man was about to call Ren a rude name and protest, but Ren reached forward and flicked him lightly on the forehead. As she did so, one of her stolen memories of a man getting his arm blasted off--first person view, mind you--shot through her head and into the biker's head, and in exchange Ren got to feel what it felt like for the biker to touch the seat of the blonde's bike. The man cried out in pain and stumbled back again as he experienced the false pain of having his arm explode. Ren, on the other hand, giggled and rubbed her arm as she felt the shocking pain of energy blasting through her arm.

Then she spun to face the blonde biker, her eyes looking hungry. "I would like to know your name," she said simply. She didn't notice the cashier debating whether or not to call the cops.

((Okay, let's see if I can do this...))

Nicandro - Blade

Nicandro nodded at Riley and gently clasped her hand in his. He knew that what he had done had cause some of what was going on with his body right now, but all he could figure is that his body was reacting to some sort of allergen in the air as well because normally that wouldn't have harmed his as much. "I'm fine love. For as far as I can figure, my body is also reacting to something in the air outside. Just a good night's rest and I should be fine." he said and then took a few antihistamine pills that would work in half an hour. He couldn't help but chuckle at Sophira as she seemed eager to please. "That would be nice Sophira...but you don't have to serve us to be one of us." he said with a smile. It was that smile that had first made others realize that he was different. It was a smile of knowledge that was very deep and some even claimed that he was a nephew or grandson to Xavier which he promptly denied. At this point, young Maya walked in and called out her name for him which only made Nicandro smile even more so and in the same fatherly way that he had earlier. When she asked Com's name he chuckled slightly and glanced at Moira as he held up his other hand.

Moira - Night Path

Moira chuckled at Nicandro's comment and looked around the room. All of them, except for Com, were looking for a home, looking for somewhere to belong. This had her wondering at how many others needed a home and a place to stay that weren't only mutants. This was something that had to be considered if they were going to give mutants a good name.

However, she was quickly distracted by Sophira who walked in. She had to admit that both Sophira and Siren were rather pretty young women and she envied them somewhat, but didn't let it get to her. "Please, that would be nice." she said and then wondered if Nicandro had any coffee. When he shook his head no, Moira quickly grew a small coffee tree that offered enough beans for all of them to have a nice cup of coffee. "Do you need any help?" she asked the girl kindly before she looked at Nicandro who was looking at her costume.

"Why don't you dissolve the plants?" he asked her and she blushed slightly at the thought of it. "Well, i would do that if I had something else other than me undies!" she said more at him then to him which only made him laugh again and then he posed the question that she was waiting for. "Well were did they go?"

She hesitated for a moment before replying in a firm voice, but she knew that she was either going to get into trouble or somethin....maybe Riley would get angry instead of Nicandro... "I was shot in the shootout earlier today caused by that maniac, Militia. He helped me out, " she said motioning to Com "And AUUs found that we were near the Nethofelshi mansion. So being me, I decided to go and search it out. Long story short, the clothes that I changed into there were extra baggy and so it would have been hard to have it all look nice as a whole if I tried to weave this thing over it." she said and wondered if Nicandro would grow angry. Instead she watched as he looked at the ground allowing his hair to cover his eyes most of the way except for the only side that was open to Com.

Nicandro flicked his eyes so that he could look at Com for a moment and wondered what he was up to but was also wondering what sort of man Asashi really was. "Moira, before you go and help Sophira, please do go change." he said and then watched as Moira walked out of the room and down the hall. It was only a few minutes before she came back out and the change was almost funny. She came out in a nice black tanktop with canvas camo pants...and bare feet. Her hair was down now and fell in waves to the middle of her back and she now wore glasses.

She didn't look at Nicandro but instead she looked at Maya and she was rather entranced with the little girl. Moira had always wanted a daughter of her own, but only after a few boys. However time had not allowed for her to stay home and be married so she had put that on the shelf for quite some time.

Riley

Riley turned her attention to Com when she heard what he said and smiled a bit as she said in reply, "Yes that's me and I hope the things you've heard about me were good ones." She then turned her attention back to Nick and her smile stayed as well as the worried expression but it was now showing in her eyes as well. She then nodded in reply to what Nick said in reply to her question with her hand clasped in his before hearing everything else he said to Moira. Then she listened to the rest of the conversation and kept silent the whole time. She thought that she would stay out of the conversation since it didn't involve her.

Edited by Dragonpelt

*Siren Maya*

Siren watched with some interest as Maya approached Com. Then Maya asked something that surprised both of them, for Siren had never mentioned Com before. Much less his "split" personality. The small little girl frowned, her wide eyes examining him closley. The small child seemed confused but didn't say anything else. "She was on the street during the fire, I couldn't just leave her there."

Maya felt "Com's" eyes boring into her. She noticed how sad he felt instantly. It was hard to miss the remorse echoing from him. Yet, she had a feeling that Siren and Shiny couldn't sense it like she could. With a frown she told him quietly, "Nobody's perfect... Everyone makes mistakes." With that the small child ran back to the safety of Siren's arms, leaping up into her arms swiftly.

Edited by Merryier12

~~~CccccccOooooMmmm~~

Com smiled when Moira made a coffee plant. She really did have a useful power, he knew. She could survive in virtually any situation with no trouble, except for sudden ones that involved being shot. "Why don't you dissolve the plants?" The question was from Nicandro, and Com forced himself not to look away when Nicandro asked it. After all, Com didn't know that Moira had entered the Nethofelshi mansion and posed as a poor lost immigrant. "Well, I would do that if I had something else other than me undies!" Somehow Moira's bluntness didn't surprise Com. "Well where did they go?" Now Com couldn't help but rightfully shift his feet and distract himself by glancing at the buttons on his wrist.

"I was shot in the shootout earlier today caused by that maniac, Militia. He helped me out," -she was motioning to Com- "And AUUs found that we were near the Nethofelshi mansion. So being me, I decided to go and search it out. Long story short, the clothes that I changed into there were extra baggy and so it would have been hard to have it all look nice as a whole if I tried to weave this thing over it."

Nicandro lowered his head and Com caught his eye, wondering how deep the mind-reader was going this time. He was about to comment on Moira's odd idea of 'search it out' but Nicandro spoke up first and had Moira leave the room. Com sighed quietly. He then looked at Nicandro. "I brought her to a base I have located near there, in a forest they never check," he said simply. "I thought she'd be safe... my apologies, I had no idea she'd have the guts to go the mansion of one of the most mutant-hating individuals in Boston." Wishing to change the subject, he looked down at little Maya again and felt another twinge of sadness. "Nobody's perfect... Everyone makes mistakes." Com was stunned at the girl's perception. To everyone else it would seem like she was simply commenting on what he had said, but Com somehow knew she was speaking about the very core of his emotions, whether she knew what they stemmed from or not. Is she a mind reader? No, the images that I was picturing would have frightened her. Then perhaps she can read emotions. Com smiled as the child ran back to Siren, who mentioned she had found her on the street during the fire. Such an innocent thing... makes me wish I had a little sister.

He then looked at Siren curiously. "Siren... she probably has parents that are looking for her. We should return her as soon as possible. I can do so if you wish, since I have to leave here anyways." Just then Moira reentered, dressed neatly and looking much better than she had right after she was shot. Com was a bit surprised to see that she was wearing glasses, but they framed her face nicely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

"Please, that would be nice." Sophira nodded happily to the redhead mutant, a tall and strong looking woman who had an Irish accent. Her accent was really pretty, Sophira decided. "That would be nice Sophira...but you don't have to serve us to be one of us." Sophira nodded eagerly. "Oh yes, Mr. Nicandro, I realize that but I do love helping people, and I'm pretty good at making coffee." Sophira smiled a moment more before suddenly realizing she had no idea where the coffee was, or if they had some. Boy would it be embarrassing if they don't have any and think I brought some with. I hope they--"Oh!" Sophira exclaimed in surprise as a small coffee tree suddenly grew out of nowhere. She quickly realized that the Irish mutant had grown it, and she smiled gratefully. "Do you need any help?" "I would love some help, if you don't mind," she said.

She listened quietly to Blade's questions to Moira about the plants she was wearing, and Sophira blushed at the answers Moira gave. She shivered when she heard that Moira was shot and she was even more surprised when she heard that Militia was responsible. Oh... he seemed so nice. I didn't know he caused all that trouble up there. Is he evil then? She frowned, puzzled. When Moira mentioned the Nethofelshi mansion, Sophira felt a swell of sadness form in her. Leo Nethofelshi was such a good man, but so anti-mutant. His son was a smart but seemingly-careless young man who occasionally gave speeches that gave both sides of stories, not just the anti-mutant side (though he obviously leaned towards that side). Sophira had seen Leo's personal troops many times; they were the best of the best, and she avoided them whenever possible.

"Moira, before you go and help Sophira, please do go change." And so Moira did, and then the man in black apologized for bringing Moira so close to the Nethofelshi mansion. Sophira could hardly believe that Moira had the guts to enter the place of the mutant-hater, but she also was surprised that Com had the guts to have a base so close to the Nethofelshi mansion. This must be why so many mutants get arrested each day, she mused bitterly.

Just then Moira reentered, and Sophira smiled at the girl's sense of fashion. "You look amazing," she said honestly. She really did love Moira's choice of clothes, though it would have been more perfect to her if the shirt had had the outline of a butterfly on it. "I'd love your help making coffee, if you're not too tired." She turned to Siren. "Maybe we could show Maya now to make coffee."

Elyon took no notice of the commotion going on behind her as the cashier finally accepted her card and allowed her to pay for the gas. As long as no one was touching her bike, it was no concern of hers.

There was another cry of pain and then the sound of approaching footsteps. When Elyon turned around she came face to face with a girl about her own age, with long dark hair and blue eyes. She looked familiar, although Elyon knew they had never met before. Was her picture in the database?

"I would like to know your name."

Having been raised in an environment where people meant exactly what they said, Elyon saw the round about request as nothing more than a statement of a fact.

“Understood.”

Walking past the girl Elyon started back towards her bike. The man whose arm her bike had shattered and then had fallen victim to the other girl was kneeling on the ground not far away. His face had gone very white, but it paled further when he saw Elyon approach.

“Stay away from me” he cried, falling backwards and trying to push himself away.

“Request accepted” replied Elyon picking up her helmet.

((will post later tonight. probably around 8 or 9 central time smile.gif love you guys and keep up the good work! *takes one of the cookies that DP made and noms on it* yum smile.gif ))

~~Ren~~

“Understood.” Ren paused not sure she had heard right. Her name is... 'Understood?' Ren shook her head; she never could understand people or why they named their children after words. She watched Understood interact with the injured biker one last time. Then Ren picked up her beef jerky and moved to the opposite side of Understood's bike, so that she was face to face with her. She smiled, in a way she hoped was friendly but probably looked more menacing. "Understood, do you work with the government to destroy mutants like I do?" Ren was prepared to kill at that moment. If Understood gave any sign of working for mutants that were against the government, Ren knew she had to kill her immediately. She didn't know what Understood could do, but she knew what she herself was capable of and she quite trained for such situations. She also knew that if Johnny was watching her now, he'd probably shoot her for so publicly announcing her position. But this person... this 'Understood' was a person unlike any Ren had met, and she was intrigued.

The biker guy was again shuffling for his cell-phone but seemed to be keeping an ear open to the conversation.

((Edited for italics/coloration fail >.>))

Edited by LadyNatasha

*Siren Maya*

Siren turned to Com at the suggestion, and nodded, "Yes, I was planning on heading back to the city to find her parents. Although I'm not sure they knew she was a mutant, and as sad as it is... I think that really might affect their decision regarding her..." Siren sighed sadly as she studied the youngster. Maya met her eyes, and like everyone else, she was entranced as Maya murmured, "But I don't want to go home! Unless I can take you with me!" Siren smiled at this but shook her head in a gentle declining no. The stubborn child frowned and crossed her arms in a huff and buried her face in the crook between Siren's shoulder and nneck.

At Sophira's suggestion, Siren smiled, glad to have a ready distraction for Maya. So with a nod, Siren accepted. "I'd love too!"

Edited by Merryier12

Moira

The last thing that Moira expected was to have Com looking at her and Sophira complimenting her. She blushed a deep red and looked at the ground which caused her hair to fall in her face. When she looked back up, she noted that Siren had agreed to help them make coffee with Maya and she allowed the two to lead the way into the kitchen as she followed behind them, her feet shuffling around on the floor. She wasn't sure what was going on but now it was only Riley, Nic and Com in the room together with the others out of the room. She shut the door that divided the two areas and took a deep breath only to let it out slowly.

"I think we'll need a coffee maker." Moira muttered to herself as she looked around the kitchen and found one and produced it with a flourish. "Thank you for suggesting this Sophira." she said still just as meek as before. It was something new for her, to be complemented at least. "Do you think we'll need more coffee?" she asked as little bits and pieces of metal flew around her hand until at long last there was a coffee grinder there.

Nicandro

Nicandro watched Moira walk out of the room and then looked up at Riley. By now she would have known Com's real name and Nicandro had some questions. Now that the other four females were out of the room he could talk openly to Com. "Luckily for you, none of them are telepathic like Riley and I are." he stated then made the earth around them roll a chair over for his love. After making sure she was seated he looked at Com and chuckled. "You really are a strange one Asashi. You go around hiding that you are a mutant and make these extravagant speeches as well. Just who are you? And also, what are your plans with Moira? You help her near your mansion and she walks in...does she even know who you are? She is going to have to go back this evening with you, you know to keep the nurse from worrying." he said and sighed. "Why does she do this?" he asked mainly to Riley. It was a common thing with Moira, head strong and quick to react before thinking.

Riley

Riley noticed that Nick was looking up at her so she looked back down at him. While she had been standing there, listening she had found out Com's real name but only by accident. She would never delve into someone elses thoughts on purpose unless they gave her their permission. When Nick had the earth roll over a chair for her to sit in she said with a small smile on her face, "Thanks love." After she was seated and she listened to everything else that Nick said to Com/Asashi she said in reply to his question that was directed at her with a small shrug of her shoulders, "No idea but I think that's just the way she is."

~Com~

Well, isn't this interesting? Com mused to himself. The door was shut and here he was with the famous Blade and Tempest. He was more amused then nervous, though he could tell the fact that they were telepaths was edging at him. He stood silently and faced Blade. "Luckily for you, none of them are telepathic like Riley and I are." Com didn't respond and watched silently as Nicandro made a chair for Riley. He couldn't help but suddenly wonder what sort of powers a child from the two of them might get, but his mind quickly returned to the conversation.

"You really are a strange one Asashi. You go around hiding that you are a mutant and make these extravagant speeches as well. Just who are you? And also, what are your plans with Moira? You help her near your mansion and she walks in... does she even know who you are? She is going to have to go back this evening with you, you know to keep the nurse from worrying." Com smiled slightly at the irony of it. "Why does she do this?" "No idea but I think that's just the way she is."

Com thought for a moment, then smiled dryly. "You know who I am," he said simply, "and I doubt you couldn't search out every answer you seek, though I'll thank you for not." Blade probably caught Com's stray thought comparing Blade to Xavier, and noting how the latter never pried unless given a reason to. Of course, that had been a different time, and look where it had gotten the X-Men.

"As for Moira, I have no plans for her; I don't use mutants, nor do I ask them to repay any debt to me--which Night Path already has. It was a coincidence that we both showed up at the shooting, and she happened to get shot. We weren't too far from the Nethofelshi mansion--" -Com was so used to referring to it as that- "--so I decided to simply bring her to the forest near it. No one ever goes there: I'm certain of that. Moira does not know who I am, though she had the opportunity to know." His last words were referring to the burning building and the shock he had gone into. He could still smell the smoke...

"I will escort her back to the mansion and will try my best to assure that her identity is not discovered, but listen." Com's voice suddenly held a warning note, not threatening but just quite certain of itself. "I don't work for anyone, and no one works for me. I can't work for anyone, not now and not with my father the way he is. Many mutants have killed his good friends. I work to help mutants and ensure balance. Besides you and miss Tempest, there is only one other person who knows who I am, the only person I'd trust with my life, and he lives nowhere near here. Right now I'm doing something, and it's important; I can't fail at it and I can't let anyone know what it is. It would be best if even you avoided finding out. But because of this, I cannot guarantee Moira's safety. She put herself in the situation she's in and she will have to escape it. When I'm home, I must act like who I am, even if I give her as many benefits as possible. When I'm Com, I'll help her in a more defined way. To put it shortly, I won't let her die but I cannot risk my identity for hers. Not now, no matter how much I care for the safety and growth of your organization here..." and for Moira's personal safety, "...because if I succeed with what I'm doing, you'll all be safer than ever before. I can't be both two people at once."

Com straightened and rolled his shoulders back, suddenly feeling quite tired. He took the opportunity to sit on the bed behind him, still facing Riley and Nicandro. "One more thing," he said wearily. All energy from his voice from earlier was gone. "I apologize for what you're going to see on the news later, but like I said, I can't even risk my own father knowing who I am." Blade and/or Tempest could read just a moment of fear shoot through Com as he imagined what his father would do if he found out that not only was his son a mutant, but his son was a mutant who had been helping other mutants. However, the fear was not fear for Com's self; it was fear for his father. He feared his father might end his own life if he learned that his son was a mutant. The fear faded quickly though, as Com didn't believe it to be a likely situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

Sophira was delighted that Moira, Siren and little Maya were all going to help her. Being a quiet-social being, this was the kind of situation Sophira enjoyed. Sophira washed her hands as Moira looked for and found a coffee maker. Sophira smiled down at Maya. "This is going to be fun!" Then she gave a knowing smile to Siren; she was so glad to have met the other girl. After years of having no real friends, Sophira finally felt she could be herself around someone, and maybe two someones now.

"Thank you for suggesting this Sophira." It was Moira who spoke, and Sophira nodded happily. "You're welcome! I guess I just remembered how much my boss loves it when I make him surprise-coffee at midnight when my shift is done. He usually looks almost as bad as poor Mr. Blade did back there by the time midnight rolls around." Sophira laughed lightly at the thought. "He stays at the shop all day. Claims it's because that's what business managers should do, but I think he really just doesn't trust his employees to do a perfect job." "Do you think we'll need more coffee?" Sophira thought for a moment and then shook her head. "No, but thank you so much for providing the coffee beans! I really wasn't thinking when I suggested coffee, and I had no idea you could make plants like that. Can you make any plant?"

(No colors....I'm getting tired and can't think all that well!)

Nicandro

Nic was about to reply to Riley with some sly comment about Moira but then Com started to speak, and speak he did. It was surprising to hear the firmness in the man's voice and he was only their age and yet he sounded so much older than they did. He told them more than Nicandro ever would have guessed, but at least he knew what was going on now. "Thank you for giving all of that information so freely Asashi...i mean Com. And as to Moira having a chance to find your identity...she is very, how do you say? Uhm, protective? I guess that could be it, of people who want to keep secrets. That is a way to put it, but what she did for you is something that she would do for anyone. She cares Com and if she ever sees you in danger, know this. Because you helped her once, and showed her kindness, she will move heaven and earth to make sure that you are helped as well." he said and then noted how tired Com looked. "You may want to go home soon, but I suggest that you stay here for an hour or so and let your body rest. And as to working for us, i wouldn't ask such a thing. You are what I would call a rogue mutant much like Moira is most of the time. She goes around doing her own thing and then uses us as a home base like you use Asashi as a home base." he said and wondered what was wrong with Com when he felt fear go through him. "I also apologize for not asking to enter your mind...it was rather rude of me." he said and shifted his metal hands slightly because they suddenly felt rather achy.

Moira

Moira smiled at Maya and felt her heart being pulled to the little girl but stopped herself. She didn't want to get those motherhood feelings again, not right now at all! She didn't need them, didn't want them, or so she told herself. When Sophira asked about her powers she smiled. This is what she knew best, other than being a child genius. "Yes'm. I can grow any plant that I want to and control the fibers as long as they are from my own making but once it is a finished project, i can't do anything to he fibers." She stopped herself from going any further and grew three flowers. One was a green flower for Siren, one pink for Maya and one purple for Siren. Each flower was placed in their hair and Moira lingered for a moment as she placed the pink one in Maya's hair. "They'll never die." she said and smiled as she then turned to the sink and washed her hands as well.

When the unknown girl voiced her query about Elyon's work she had pulled her helmet on. The black glass of the viser was the only dark colour in the otherwise pale scheme and when Elyon turned to face the girl it looked slightly surreal. Although her face was now hidden, her stance indicated that she was not impressed by the girl.

Elyon was used to conducting her business in a somewhat professional matter and discussing details in public with an unknown not five feet away, was in her opinion, foolish.

"Request for information denied" she said sounding slightly muffled due to the helmet.

A faint beeping noise caught her attention and Elyon looked around and down at the man with the shattered arm. He had managed to pull out his cell phone and was tapping in a number with his good hand. Elyon didn't know who he was contacting and it didn't matter in the long wrong. Any time she was arrested by the police she was quickly freed again due to her Superior's influence. However, since she was on a tight time schedule today detainment would hinder her plans.

Straddling her motorbike Elyon withdrew her right hand pistol and took aim. The man was just about to enter the last digit when the screen of his cell phone was replaced by a neat round hole. He dropped his cell out of shock and stared up at the two girls in horror.

Willow

Willow tried to make sense of Ren’s explanation. Three sides to a coin, people living on the edges… Yeah, she could see where Ren was coming from. “I work for humans, but in doing so I cause the death of other humans. Does that make sense? Is that right?” Ren asked. Willow stared a bit at Ren, slightly shocked at the revelation. “You… Kill people? Like some kind of assassin? But why would the humans want you to kill other humans?” Willow scrunched up her face a bit, trying to make sense of everything. Ren smiled at her once more, then darted off through the streets with no explanation, like she hadn’t even heard what Willow had said. “Wait, where you going?” Willow asked, following a couple steps behind. She stopped soon, however, as Ren didn’t seem to acknowledge her existence anymore. She did somewhat want company, but after all these years alone, she was used to not seeing anyone around her. So Willow put her hands in her pocket and began walking.

Roise

Róise followed Blade as he showed her to a brightly coloured room. Her tired face lit up a bit as she saw it and a smile appeared. ”I call this one.” She said. It was perfect. One heck of an improvement from that run-down apartment she currently called home. At the thought of her apartment and what having it meant, her smile disappeared. Now that she had found mutants… Róise shook her head, and sat down on the bed. She could think of things like that later. Right now, she needed sleep. Within three minutes of her head hitting the pillow, Róise was asleep.

---

When she woke up, she was sore and still kind of tired. Which was understandable, given the events of the (Previous?) day. She took a couple seconds to enjoy the heat under her duvet before deciding to move. The air in her room was cold compared to her bed, and the hair on her arms stood up in response. Róise shuffled out of the room her arms crossed over her chest and her shoulders lifted up close to her ears in an effort to keep warm.

"I also apologize for not asking to enter your mind...it was rather rude of me." Róise followed the voice until she saw Blade, his girlfriend (she thought it was his girlfriend) and someone she hadn’t met yet. She walked up towards them, but didn’t say anything to make her presence know.

((yes coral, Riley's Nick's girlfriend happy.gif))

Riley

Riley studied Nick for a bit, knowing that he wanted to make some sly comment on what she had just said about Moira but just let it go as she listened to everything that he said to Com/Asashi. "I apologize as well," she said meekly some time after Nick's apology. "I rarely do that but it was an accident that I did that." She then heard someone approach and turned slightly to see that Róise had joined them and she smiled at her a bit before turning her attention to the boys. She hoped that Com would accept both of their apologies.

((I have a question, Com mentioned earlier that he wondered if Siren had mentioned his other name? Does that mean Siren knows his other name? I'm not sure...))

*Siren Maya*

Siren smiled at Maya who seemed very confused on how to help. So with a quiet chuckle, Siren handed her a spoon, which the small girl seemed delighted with, happy to have a role in making the coffee. "Yes'm. I can grow any plant that I want to and control the fibers as long as they are from my own making but once it is a finished project, I can't do anything to he fibers." Maya was distracted by Moira, drawing her attention from the spoon in her hands. She had noticed Moira's earlier gaze, and so had Siren. Though neither of the older women had noticed Maya's brief upward glance. Maya had touched on Moira's feelings momentarily, and was now rather confused. Not knowing what to say to comfort her, Maya had returned to her spoon.

Siren and Maya both watched in wonder as three flowers green before them. The green was placed in Siren's hair and she thanked her. Maya smiled brightly at Moira as she placed the pink one amidst the golden curls of hair atop her head. She too thanked Moira, and then demanded to know when she could stir the coffee, holding out her silver spoon. Siren laughed in response and shook her head, being careful to assure the flower did not fall from her hair.

Luke

((Sorry about not getting back to you sooner!))

He followed after her trying to not breath in too much of the smell, his sharp nose still hated the smell. The thought of his friends sent a pain lashing across his heart as with each step he was walking away further from them. He never had a lot of friends, none that he trusted like those two and now he was being a coward walking away from their years of friendship.

"I can't believe I've turned my back on them"

He moaned as he crawled down the hole, he just wanted to go back and help them!

((Dragonpelt, I think you should add a link to the OoC on the first page. ;-) monkeyboy225, check the OoC. ^^ I believe this RP is still open.))

~Com~

"Thank you for giving all of that information so freely Asashi... I mean Com." Com hadn't visibly flinched at being called by his real name, but he had shifted his vision as though to check for listeners at the door. He just wasn't used to it; the other person who knew his identity, Joe, knew all of their code words and phrases and never would have said 'Asashi' out loud if he had been threatened with death... he knew that even if Asashi told him to say it, he wasn't to say it.

"And as to Moira having a chance to find your identity...she is very, how do you say? Uhm, protective? I guess that could be it, of people who want to keep secrets. That is a way to put it, but what she did for you is something that she would do for anyone. She cares Com and if she ever sees you in danger, know this. Because you helped her once, and showed her kindness, she will move heaven and earth to make sure that you are helped as well."

Com nodded as he processed this. Yes, Moira does seem like that kind of person. Incredibly loyal and caring. "You may want to go home soon, but I suggest that you stay here for an hour or so and let your body rest. And as to working for us, I wouldn't ask such a thing. You are what I would call a rogue mutant much like Moira is most of the time. She goes around doing her own thing and then uses us as a home base like you use Asashi as a home base."

It makes sense, with what a free spirit she seems to have, Com thought to himself. And with how bold she is... Nicandro's right when he says she'd move mountains to help her allies. That kind of loyalty is the loyalty that Blade needs if he's planning to make mutants look decent, loyalty that's unshakable. She's probably more driven than I, he mused."I also apologize for not asking to enter your mind...it was rather rude of me."

"I apologize as well," Riley suddenly said. "I rarely do that but it was an accident that I did that." Com shook his head and held up a hand. "No need for apologies, I can understand the need for caution. If I was in your position, I no doubt would have done the s--." Suddenly Com stopped as he noticed someone at the door (I'm assuming Róise opened it?), a young lady who looked a bit cold. She had auburn hair and remarkably deep blue eyes. It took him a moment, but the eyes were unmistakable; he recognized this girl, though he couldn't remember her name. "Hello," he said politely.

Com tried to keep his thoughts to himself, but he couldn't help be very surprised at the situation he was now faced with. Not for the first (or last) time in his life, Com was very glad he had a helmet to hide his identity; considering the role his father had played in the blue-eyed girl's life, Com was certain she would not be happy to see Asashi Nethofelshi's face.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

"Yes'm. I can grow any plant that I want to and control the fibers as long as they are from my own making but once it is a finished project, I can't do anything to the fibers." Sophira watched in fascination as Moira began to create something, to grow something... three beautiful flowers. One had an unnaturally deep and full green color to its petals, the second was a soft pink and the third was a shining dark purple. "Oh..." Sophira could say no more at the beauty of the flowers. She watched as first a flower was put in Siren's hair, and then one in her own hair. She blushed just a little, but felt wonderfully homesick. She loved flowers as much as she loved butterflies, and having someone put one in her hair she took as a huge compliment.

"They'll never die." "Purple's my favorite color... Thank you," Sophira replied, gently touching the flower in her hair. She wished she could give Moira something back... then she remembered the wrap around Moira's arm, obviously covering some sort of injury. As she washed her hands (and laughed at Maya's impatience), Sophira thought about this. When her hands were washed and she had some coffee beans to crush, she decided to ask about the wound...

"What happened to your arm, miss Moira?" Her voice was timid but curious as she had made up her mind to do what she would, but wasn't sure if Moira really needed it. It's the least I can do... she gave me something that will last forever, so I can at least do this for her.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arrienaiathora

"Request for information denied."

Ren smiled. That's all I needed to know. A beeping sound caused Ren to spin around and face the man who was on the ground, his arm looking painfully red. The beeping had startled Ren, because in her earlier years beeping had been a bad thing... but now she saw it was just his phone, a device she planned to destroy.

She was just about to rush forward and kick it out of his hand when suddenly she noticed a movement from the corner of her eye from Understood that mimicked pulling out a pistol. Before Ren even had time to react, there was a bullet-sized hole in the cell phone the biker man was holding... but no bullet. In fact, no BANG either. Ren grinned, a delighted look on her face. She was so tempted to rush up to the man and take all of his memories, but she was certain she wouldn't find anything of interest and so decided better. She turned to look at Understood, still grinning. "I will ask John Shooter about you," she said happily. She knew Agent Shooter didn't like it when she spoke of him in public, but he never directly commanded her not to. Then, as though to reward Understood for the show, Ren organized her hands so she was holding one sealed back of beef jerky and offered it to Understood.

"Do you hunger?" Delight and poison was evident in Ren's voice, and she ignored the biker as he scooted farther away from the two and towards the store's window. Not to Ren's surprise, the worker there had mysteriously disappeared.

Edited by LadyNatasha