SkySong278

X-Men: The End

He enjoyed the few seconds that she patted him, the one thing he missed when in human form. Luke kept to the opposite side of the new guy, he never did like guys who played with swords. He grunted at his question.

"We ain't teaming up, me and my friends just needed a place to chill and Skylar just so happen to be there."

He replied staring in front of him, that was when they were taken from him. Once again he fell silent as his thoughts turned to his friends.

Roise

Róise looked around the base. “Now which door leads out of this place?” She whispered to herself as she walked around. That one led to the bedrooms, and she assumed the one Blade was heading to was the dining room. What kind of place was this anyway? Bedrooms, dining rooms, kitchens… She’d slept in hotels with worse standards. Róise had almost finished her trip around the room when she spotted the ladder up. “Well, see ya later dudes…” She muttered before climbing up. Her thoughts wandering, Róise didn’t think about looking where she was going and cursed, loudly, as her head bumped into the metal cap. She climbed back down again, rubbing her head in an effort to ease the pain as she hit the bottom. “ugh… A little help here?” She asked.

Skylar

Sky felt a little sad when she heard what Luke said in reply to the other boy and felt a small stab in her chest at his words. If that's the way he's going to play two can play at that game, she thought to herself before saying in agreement, "I was able to provide him and his friends a place to hide/chill whatever but that's it." A few minutes after she had said that, they came across the manhole cover that led to their newest hiding place. After looking around in case anyone should see where they were going and not finding anyone she said as she moved the cover off of the entrance, "This is the place but I hope you don't mind the strong smell of laundry detergent." Then after she said that, she started to climb down the ladder and into her and Luke's newest hideout.

Darrien looked at the manhole that Skylar had disappeared into. "Anything is better than mutant prison." He muttered as he put his sunglasses away in his jacket and than jumped down into the hole and ignoring the ladder and landing on the ground unharmed before Skylar had even reached the ground. "You weren't kidding when you said it smelled like detergent." He commented as he held a sleeve over his nose to try and block out the smell.

"Drop me off at the front door." The voice came from a little kid, looking about twelve years old or so, white hair, fair skin, he was a beautiful child. Well... except for the red, wolf-like eyes that were currently glowing in the dark rain that was falling on the city, and the mansion.

"Monsuer, I say reconsider, the front is most definitely being vatched, veel be spotted and zen trouble." Lightning flashed, revealing a taller, stronger figure of a man with pointy ears on his head and a blue, demon-like tail protruding from his rear. "Vee go in true de vindow ja?"

"uh uh." The boy shook his head and crossed his arms, stubborn shown in his eyes along with eerie red light. "That would be rude, besides, you said Mr. Com would be expecting us."

The blue, furry demon, ground his teeth together, peeking his head over the stone wall once more to survey the grounds. He could count at least four security cameras, one of which was pointed down from an archway above the door.

"No good, ve can't..." But the boy was no where to be seen. The blue mutant unsheathed one of his twin swords and leapt down from his perch on the wall, eyes searching frantically for the boy.

Villiam... you didn't seriously...

William did, very seriously. Squeezed himself through the bars of the front gate and was skipping along merrily down the path towards the door, pausing to jump in puddles at times.

The blue form muttered something in German under his breath and vanished in a small cloud of black and red smoke, leaving behind the distinct odor of sulfur.

For a split second he appeared next to the boy, and then was gone just as quickly in another telling cloud. This time he reappeared, standing upside-down and holding the boy in his strong arms. At this angle the camera, which was facing slightly outwards towards the gate, did not see them.

"Lower lower!" The child, William, squirmed in his arms, trying to reach the door knocker.

"Shhhh!" the blue mutant hissed between his teeth, holding the boy back near the arch with his tail as he lowered himself down to look through the peep hole. The view wasn't perfect, but it was line of sight... and with that they both vanished once more. Actually they vanished five times in four seconds. A practiced route to the third story and a particular bedroom.

"WEEE...mmmph..." The excited boy found his face full of feathered pillow as he shouted with excitement at the sudden trip.

"grrr.... honestly Vill... sometime I think you try to get us killed on purpose ja?" The blue man continued to hold the pillow against William's protesting face as he whispered harshly in his ear. "Seriously, zee vindow was right zer, could have been into zee bedroom without a noise!" William continued to struggle, no longer interested in screaming, breathing was now highest on his agenda. Oblivious the blue man's eye scanned the room for signs of electronic devices. "Nightcrawler said to take good care of you, and bring you to Com, zat's vat I'm going to do! So be kviet!" His attention returned to the boy... who, having run out of air four or five seconds ago, was struggling for all he was worth against the suffocation of the pillow.

"Oh sorry." The man let go of the pillow and William collapsed onto the large, and plushly furnished bed, gasping for air.

"Ba.... huuuuuuuh.... Bad!" William manged between gasps, "bad huuuuuh.... huuuuuh.... bad!" he scolded, though thankfully in a hushed tone. "go... huuh huh huh... lie down!"

The blue furred man, Nightcrawler, as he would have been recognized as by anyone who knew anything about the once famous, but now deceased, X-man, rolled his eyes and shrugged. With a sigh he melted down onto the floor, now appearing to be a very large and very wet wolf. Complete with pitch-black fur and red glowing eyes to match William's.

Before lying down as told, the wolf took a moment to shake it's soaked fur, flinging water in every direction throughout the room. William smiled, "good doggy."

I'm a wolf... the sarcasm literally dripped from the thoughts as they flew across the room and into William's mind, adding to the wetness of the rug.

"Mmmm hmmm." William nodded matter-o-factly. "And your new name is Doggy, now keep watch, I'm going to sleep in the big bed!"

"doggy" as he had most recently been dubbes, rolled his eyes and lay down infront of the door, assuring that it would not open from the outside. Hurry home Com, You're the one supposed to be babysitting, not me.

William ignored the thoughts and curled up in a very wet ball under the covers as the whole bed began to soak up the water that drenched his clothes. Soon he was fast asleep.

Nicandro

"I can't make them dear....I may be able to control metal, but the intricacies are far to hard." he said and then sighed at his only stable ability was telepathy. Maybe someday it would come to use, but for now, it was useless except for gathering information. He looked at the door and opened it to walk through with Com and the others. it was then that he heard Roise come back and ask for some help with the door. He opened it and smiled at her. "I hope you aren't in trouble." he said and then walked into the kitchen.

Moira

Moira looked at the room now filled with a few more people and smiled. She liked this a lot, but she still wasn't settled in one place. Keeping in contact with those here wouldn't be a problem, but staying in one place for a long time would be hard for her. While waiting for everything with the coffee, Moira heard an all too familiar sound.

"Ji-ji, ichi, stop it! you know that if you do that, that Moira will just tell you to fix yourselves!"

"Oh shut the censorkip.gif up Nerissa! He started it anyways!"

"I did not you little brat!"

"Little? Who are you talking to you short stack?"

"short? Oh let me show you just how short I am!"

The sound of clanking metal resonated through the kitchen until you could hear the two male voices stop and start to be muffled much to their protesting. "Nurifa! I ant seeek!!!!" came the loudest of all the voices. "I know that Ichi, now, since Renji is just keeping his mouth shut, OUCH!" came the scream of the female and then the sound of a large clunk was heard and the deeper male voice, Renji, was heard. "Since when have I been quiet?!"

"Since Nerissa beat you yesterday!" Ichigo shouted at him.

From Moira's shoulder, Aaus looked like he was jumping to the ground, but as his lizard figure fell, in its place was a human looking, rather handsome man. "Why do they do this?" he asked in a soft voice. "To that I have no answer love." moira said as she smiled. "Shall I?" "please."

Aaus walked down the hallway and all three voices ceased and then started again.

"Aaus!" all three exclaimed and it could be assumed that the other three tackle-glomped Aaus and sent him to the ground. He stood up though and walked back into the kitchen with three younger androids hanging onto his neck and both arms. "Mission: accompished." aaus stated before glaring at Renji and Ichigo. nerissa had already let go and looked at Moira with a cute smile on her face. "Hey Moira!" she said happily her blue hair tied back in cute pigtails and her big blue eyes shining with mirth. Beside her, Renji, the one with red hair and black tattoos, glared at the orange haired one on the other side of Nerissa.

Riley

"Oh," Riley said in reply with a small sigh as she felt a bit stupid now for asking such a dumb question. She should have known that he wouldn't be able to make them and then that would have caused her not to say what she did. She sat down with a sigh at one of the empty tables in the kitchen just as she heard a loud commotion coming from down the hallway. A few minutes later, Moira joined them with her android friends and she smiled a little bit at them before having her attention go to the surface of the table. She then looked back up at Moira and asked her, "Could you make Nick a new pair of hands?"

Edited by Dragonpelt

Moira

Moira stood almost at attention when Riley spoke to her. "Yes I can." she said and took one glance at Nicandro's hands. "It looks like he wore them out again?" she said and then shook her head. In an odd moment, Moira walked over to Riley and hugged her close. "I won't leave either of you to suffer." A smile came across her lips as she left Sophira and Siren to deal with the coffee. With a side glance at Com, she walked away from her andriods.

Nerissa looked at Moira's arm. "Aaus?" she questioned while still standing where she had been with Moira gone. she was worried about her and now that Nerissa had posed the question, Ichigo, the taller male, and Renji, the slightly shorter, but older of the two, stood on either side eagerly awaiting their superiors answer.

Aaus sighed as he looked between the three younger andriods and decided to answer. "Assessment: Injury due to bullet. Cause: Police angered by militia. Bandage: That man there. Name: Com. Blood Loss: Minimal. Situation: tense." He said and looked between the three whose faces were showing their annoyance at his minimal amount of information.

Ichigo looked around the room until he spotted Com and his head tilted to the side as he smiled showing a pair of slightly elongated canines. "Maybe you should come with us huh?" he said as he walked over to and behind Com ((Kinda god-modding Tasha to try and help you along)). "You helped Moira, actually you touched her and you haven't even met the crew yet." He said and then noticed that no one had really met all of them.

Renji looked at everyone around them and did a half hearted side grin at the girls and then looked at Nic. "Seems you're outnumbered there Nic at least with you fleshies." He said and laughed as Nicandro also laughed at the term that the three androids held for humans. "Anyways, so that the rest of you know, we're Moira's personal assistants and we were created by her as well. I'm Renji. Carrot top over there is Ichigo and then the girl is Nerissa. I'm sure most of you have already met Aaus."

"Carrot top?" Ichigo hissed before passing Com and started throwing insults at Renji as the three youngers went to Moira's lab with Nerissa trying to get them to calm down.

Aaus sighed again, his favorite action with those three and looked up at the roof. "Assessment: Annoying little brats yes?" he said and turned to Nicandro he laughed and nodded again.

"the three of the younger ones always are very entertaining Aaus, i am sure that all of you work well together though."

"Truth: yes. Permission to speak fluently?" he said turning fully to Nicandro who gave him that permission. "They are young and their chips have not fully evolved. Hasty and undetermined. Ichigo and Renji fight far to much and Nerissa is to loud. Anyways, Master Nicandro, I will talk with you again. Master Com, I believe that since you did not want any coffee, that you may enjoy seeing my Mistresses lab." he said and started to walk towards where the others had disappeared.

(back to Moira)

Moira looked around at her lab. There were several different computers that lined one wall with different machines varying from the very simple to the very complex. In the middle of the massive underground room, was a large square of spaced out lab tables with all of Moira's equipment there waiting for her to use it. On one side was more of a chemical type of equipment and on the other there were more technological equipment sitting there. As soon as Moira stepped into the room, it came alive not only with the computers buzzing, but also with flora that was placed around the room and covered the walls. "Home sweet home." she said and sat in front of a keyboard and started to type away, pulling up the last schematics from her last hand design for nicandro. Once they were printed, and once the three andriods walked into the room, she assigned them to pull up any research that had been done by Beast before he passed away. She layed out the schematics and looked over them hard with a different pair of glasses with green rims. "Why can't i make them last?" she asked herself and reviewed the wiring, the metals, what was it that she needed?

Riley

Riley nodded in reply to her question and then smiled a bit when she hugged her. She then listened to everything that the androids said after Moira left to go to her lab to presumably make Nick a new pair of hands. She giggled a little bit with Renji and Nick when she heard the former's assessment and then had her attention go to the latter after the androids left to join Moira in her lab. "Can we go out to dinner again sometime?" she asked him curiously. It had been awhile since they were last on a date and she was wondering when the next time they can go can be.

Edited by SkySong278

*Maya Siren*

Maya watched all the robots with a sort of half interest, wanting to understand, but having enough sense to know she wouldn't. It was disappointing but Maya was rather patient when she wanted to be. Her eyes were instead locked on Com. She was so very curious as to what his name was. She could feel the secret being kept from her, the feel of secrecy, but couldn't read through it. Siren's soft arms encircled Maya's legs, supporting her so that she could converse with the others. Finally she told Siren that she wanted to speak with Moira. Maya could tell this unerved Siren, made her unhappy, but pushed for it anyways. Finally, Siren conceded and headed for the room Moira now occupied. It was a blur of confusion, but Maya's voice was rather like her banshee wail, it could stop you in your tracks. Her voice was so sweet and innocent, "You didn't do anything wrong. Focus on what you did right... And improve it." Those words were said so precisley and delievered so neatky that it was obvious what she could do.

"Show off"

Luke growled as he saw the boy jump straight down without using the ladder, trying to show off ah to Skylar well two could play at that game! He was just about to jump down when he coped on that he needed to close the manhole, he shifted before he went down and close the manhole before climbing down.

He didn't even look at the mew guy and just flopped down on his bed with his hands behind his head.

"What's your story boy?"

He asked peering over at him, he was going to be keeping a close eye on him from now on

Skylar

"Why would I joke about something like that," Sky said in reply to what the other boy said before going over to her bed shortly before Luke did. She hadn't realized that the new boy had been showing off to her or he had just done that so he didn't have to use the ladder but she still didn't notice. She laid down on her back and looked up at the ceiling as she heard Luke ask Darrien what his story was. She waited to hear what it was, if he wished to say it, and continued to look up at the ceiling. It wasn't at all interesting but it was better than looking at one of the two boys that was now there.

Darrien pulled up a chair as the other two laid down on their beds, he lowered his arm as he started to get used to the smell somewhat. "Well, I won't tell you much other than I grew up in California and have a background in kendo thus that is why I carry around these two swords." He said as he patted the samurai swords that rested on his lap. "Plus they work well with my mutant abilities. May I ask for some of your background?"

((sorry Merryier))

Moira

Moira looked at Siren and Maya with a ton of surprise. It was odd to have such a young child tell her that she had to not focus on what went wrong but on what went right. How could a child no older than five, tell her to focus on what was right and then...just how? It was easy to see that the 18 year old was highly confused at the situation and it was almost as if she couldn't move. "Siren....how does she know that?" she asked and looked at the other young woman.

((NEW CHARRIES! Already been approved, just sending the file to DP soon.))

*V*Faline (Meeeow)*V*

Faline, or Ziva if you will, looked around the training room and noted that she was surrounded on each side by enemies. Jason was no where to be found, yet at least, and if she saw him, she would have to show no emotion toward him as she had to with everyone else. At first one person came at her, then all of them but she used their heads as stepping stones to climb out of the huddle and watch them fight over a guy that had fallen to the bottom. A slight chuckle escaped her chest as a smile of odd enjoyment crossed her lips, revealing a pair of slightly elongated canines. "Oh boys!" she said in a sing songy way and soon jumped back into the fray only to appear behind each of them and press the buttons on their necks that rendered their bodies useless. "This is becoming to easy Captain." she said referring to the man that was watching the whole thing.

"Faline, I believe that they are becoming too weak. And you are showing far to much emotion as they are treated the same that they were. Should we put you through another round of traning?" the SHIELD Captain asked her only to have her hiss at the thought. "Anger, that's better. Now, you there! take those useless people and give them their punishment for not even putting up a fight."

As the men were rounded up, each quivering at the thought of what was to come, Faline showed no emotion and only stood there, her hips tilted seductively to the side and her arms folded underneath her chest. "Emotion? Que es esto?" she asked in a monotone, her eyes hard as she glanced at the Captain. Her hair was tied up tightly showing off the way her hair grew on the sides of her head, making it look like cat ears. Her piercing golden eyes studied the Captain and the men around him, cowards.

"Much better Faline. Now, where is your partner?" he asked her and she looked around the room for him and spotted him.

"There. I still don't see why you make me go with him." she said in her same unemotional tone.

"THat is because you brought him in with you, therefore you yourself chose him as a constant companion."

Oh how he didn't understand those words. Someday they would have to be free from this world of terror and pain...someday.

Jinshu AKA Crow

Jin turned on his heel, dodging again as the assault bot took a swing at him. It was useless fighting the thing, three tons of steel, enough power to crush him in an instant, and completely unaffected by the utter darkness that he had encased them both in. No, not ever his sword would be of much use, and yet the captain in charge said he couldn't be done for the day until he'd bested the robot. It had been especially prepared to fight him, controlled by a man in a booth two stories up near the ceiling of the training room. From the room the man was completely safe from Jin's aura and could see as well as anyone else, controlling the robot with a series of buttons and a joystick. Jin continually avoided the robot for one reason, there was a small amount of lag time between movements it could make, not a perfect creation, that and the fact that he could move in any direction he wanted so long as he stayed in his own darkness. Even so, the fight seemed pointless and the robot controller seemed more than happy to toy with him.

The robot stood twelve feet tall with arms that extended into blades another six feet. Yes, Jin had been watching the robot very carefully, it had only a few basic ranges of motion, therefore its attacks were predictable, but that didn't matter, he couldn't put a scratch on the thing so it would continue it's useless attacks until he was too exhausted to dodge, then he'd be dead, and he knew Shield wasn't against killing him.

Even so he had been fighting for two hours, repeating a patter in his movements that slowly but surely maneuvered the robot into position. Finally he drew his sword as the robot cornered him and rose in the air just high enough that only one of the robot's ranges of motion would reach him. Fortunately the tech controlling the robot was doing so via computer monitors and didn't notice that by making the robot swing over its head he ended up causing it to cut through the durasteel plating that covered the operations room.

There was a screech of metal on metal as the huge arm swung clean through the operations room, not far enough in to reach the occupants, but enough to cut away the blast shield that served as an observation window.

As soon as it pealed away Jin was inside and the fight was over, his darkness engulfed all of the controllers in the room and a second later they were all unconscious and twitching on the floor.

Jin powered down with a sigh of relief, that's when the captain entered the room wearing reflective sunglasses and a frown.

"Hello cappy, sunlight bothering ya?" Jin grinned at him, knowing the only reason the man wore them was because Jin couldn't use his second ability to enter his mind and pay him back for every bit of torture he'd ever inflicted.

"You miserable sack of flesh!" Jin instantly felt the tazer hit his gut and doubled over, struggling to breathe as the electricity knocked him backwards. "Who do you think is going to pay for these damages!?"

Jin coughed and managed to reply through his sore throat, "you can take it out of my check cappy, oh that's right... I don't get paid for this..."

The second shock was harder than the first and Jin felt himself losing consciousness, then suddenly it stopped apparently he would survive today. The Major had walked into the room.

"That's enough Rogers, this one has assignment, clean up this mess!"

"Yes sir!" Rogers saluted smartly and with a smile to Jin, left the room.

"Keep up comments like that and he really will kill you." The major remarked absently, watching Jin's response for any signs.

"I was bored, that robot had no sense of humor. What's my assignment." Jin's voice was casual, level, correct. Something Faline had to drill into him, something he worked ever so hard at.

"You and Agent Faline are being sent after Tempest, bring her in dead or alive, don't bother to come back empty handed. All the information you need is on this pad, now get out of my sight before I change my mind."

Jin rested his large blade on his shoulder, taking the tablet from the man and snapping to attention. "Yes sir."

He quickly made his way down to the recovery room and found Faline waiting for him, having finished before he had.

"Mission, you'd better be ready in five or you're walking." He tossed the pad at her and deades straight for the nearest exit, not bothering to pack anything for the trip, he just had to get out... It'd been two weeks since he'd seen daylight, and he wasn't nearly as well trained and used to the torturous training as Faline... the thought of being with her was the only thing that kept him going and kept him fighting. Even then he was getting close to his breaking point.

He hopped in the Mustang and started the engine, waiting for her to show up. While he did so ran his aura around the car, crushing the listening devices one by one until the car was clean. Satisfied he allowed his blade to shift back into the form of a crow and fed it some bred he'd salvaged from breakfast.

Edited by Rakashua

The boy had sense not to give away much detail about his life yet it also made it hard for him to know if the boy was trustworthy or not.

One thing was for certain, he knew bloody well how to use those swords!

"Fair is fair I guess, grew up in Miami. My family was the mafia, I worked with them using my powers, I had a home.... Until the mutant police came knocking. They took them all away but never once did any of them eat me out... Not once and they let me go so I wouldn't be caught"

His voice choked as it brought back memories of his past before he buried them deep again, returning once more as the strong Luke.

"Here I am, just getting by, hiding like a coward and waiting for my chance to sink my claws into the Mutant police"

He growled, his hands turned to fists in rage

((you forgot Nick L² user posted image))

Skylar

Sky listened to what both boys said as their backgrounds and let it all sink in before saying in both reply to what Luke said, "We'll come up with a plan later to get your friends away from the mutant police. For now, though, I guess it's sharing time and it's my turn." She sighed a bit before getting off of her bed and standing near the other two before saying, "When I was 8 years old my parents and I had a picnic in order to celebrate my birthday and all was going well until the mutant police came in and gave an ultimatum to my parents. They could either join them or if they didn't, then they would capture me right then and there, take me to their headquarters, and beat me to death if I didn't give them the information that they needed; they opted to join the mutant police since they didn't want me to die and told me to run as silently and as quickly as I could away from there. I was living in Cheyenne then and I ran here, thinking that I could pass as being human and hide in plain sight underneath their very noses but that thought quickly vanished after his friends were captured by the police since I think they were looking for me." She then sighed before adding and looking away from them both, "I might have to go back to my hometown or go somewhere else where they won't ever find me, like South Dakota or something."

Edited by Dragonpelt

Darrien listened to both their stories with his head turned down as he looked at the swords in his lap. "I've never really been one for hiding and the mutant police has me on their top ten most dangerious mutants. It is only because whenever they send people to capture me, no one returns to report back." He told them quietly as he wasn't proud that he did whatever he needed to survive in this world.

((awwww what a cute lil img!!!))

user posted imageNicandrouser posted image

Nic was caught with Riley's question. Their money had been spent on food items and making sure that they had a place to live. He knew that he needed to keep her safe and that he also had obligations as her boyfriend to make sure that she felt safe and loved. "Well, I am sure that we can go sometime soon. Probably in the next week once things die down about what happened."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

user posted image*V*Faline*V*user posted image

Faline looked at her Captain as the Major followed Jason into the room and looked at the two. It was strange that they held such hostility towards each other, but then again, not so strange. Faline grinned at the two. "Seems like he did something wrong." She stated and laughed dangerously.

"Watch it Agent....or you'll taste that whip for the third time today." the major said who was almost always fed up with her biting words and quick comebacks.

"Just so you can heal it again?" she said as she caught the pad without looking at it as Jason threw it at her. She hissed at him darkly as he walked by then ran out of the room to avoid the look of her Captain who would have gone over stabbed a needle into her neck filled with a syrum that deadened her sense to the point where it was hard to see.

Due to her extreme speed, Faline was able to arrive at the Mustang that they had been given just as Jason started to remove all of the bugs in the car. The door opened and it looked as if no one had arrived until the door was slammed shut and Faline sat in the car not even looking up. Her body was tenderly placed on the seat with her back slightly arched away so as to not cause any more pain than she already had.

That morning, she had woken up late by 10 seconds and had been beaten to the point of near death then healed by another mutant. The healing process that he used though, was just as painful as the whips. Then later that day, they took her measurements and she was two pounds overweight. For this, she had to fight with almost all of her senses gone and was met with the healer for the second time that day. This is the way it went some days and she was still sore and had been given nothing for the pain, it was part of the torture that she knew so well. It was after the lunch hour that she fought against her fellow man with all of her abilities in tact.

With a glance out of the side of her eye, Faline looked at Jason and noted a distinct tautness in his jaw meaning that his morning hadn't been that well either. The only one that had even the slightest good day was that energy chick and the water girl, but they didn't know the real part of promising yourself to SHIELD.

After reading all the material and enjoying the sound of roar of the Mustang, Ziva knew that there was no longer anyone listening so she could look at Jason and Shinirocke, who she fondly called Shini, and tell them good-morning. The windows were darkly tinted so they wouldn't be able to see inside with any cameras and even their plates were fake to avoid being tracked by the police.

Her golden eyes shimmered with sympathy for her love as she leaned over and kissed him gently on his cheek. "Good morning Jason." she said with a smile that was meant only for him. She then turned to Shini and offered a small piece of meat with the bread as she stroked the crow's head. "Good morning Shini." she said her soft, and kind voice, again meant only for their ears.

Edited by LoveLost

Luke looked over at Skylar, he knew something had been off with her. Her parents were one of them!

Was this why she wouldn't let him go after the police earlier that night because she thought that maybe one of them was her parents? Either way he wasn't too trusting. Still he felt a pang at the thought of her leaving.

He sighed before he spoke, the new guy and him had something in common. Both didn't mind killing.

"Listen here both of ye, and listen good. It's hard out there, living on your own is hard and staying alive but I know it's easier but more dangerous as a group.... And we should stick together. At least then we have a better chance of living and also making a move on the mutant police. Well... Luke's the name and don't think for one second I'm going soft. I just wanna live."

He muttered, maybe he was going soft but he had taken a liking to Skylar and the new guy was one of the first to make him back down in a fight before and therefore had earned his respect.

((well you should know it L² since it's from ms tongue.gif; i borrowed the emote from there user posted image))

Riley

"Yay," Riley said in reply happily as she went over to him and kissed him while she wrapped her arms around his neck. After a few minutes she pulled away and looked into his eyes saying with a smile on her face while her eyes sparkled, "You make me so happy and Moira's going to make you some new hands." She kissed him lightly on the lips again before walking out of the infirmary while sending a thought to him, I'll be outside watching the clouds pass by. You know where to find me if you need me for anything. Shortly after she sent that thought to him, she made it outside and walked over to a hill to lay down and watch the clouds pass by.

Skylar

Sky looked over at Luke when she heard everything that he said and nodded slightly but didn't say anything since she was deep in thought about a plan that might work. She sat down a few feet away from them and started to think of how they could get his friends out of there as well as her parents. She didn't like the fact that once the mutant police were done with them, then they would kill them. After awhile of not coming up with anything she asked Luke softly as she looked over at him, "You'd stay near me even though you being near me could get you killed?" She didn't like the thought of him getting killed because he was near her but she liked the idea of staying in a group; maybe if that worked out, then she wouldn't have to go back to Cheyenne or live in South Dakota.

Edited by Dragonpelt

The tension in Jason's face and body seemed to bleed out when Faline kissed him. He managed to turn in the seat and give her a tired smile as he pulled out of the complex and headed for the interstate.

Shini squawked loudly as they hit an exit ramp and shot onto the highway. "Yeah... well at least they can't torture you, why else do you think I don't let you out all day?"

Jason turned to Faline, taking her hand and kissing it as he drove. "We're not going back, not allowed to, not until we have Tempest, dead or alive. This is it, the last assignment. After this we can leave."

Jason ran through her hair, scratching behind one of her ears and then trailing down her back until he hit an unfamiliar mark... new scars. He knew her back perfectly, every ridge, every muscle, every line... and now... there were new ones again.

His hand left her back and his fist came down hard on the dashboard, denting the metal frame beneath the pseudo leather covering.

"I can't...!" There were tears in his eyes as he swerved into the fast lane and sped up. "I can't take it anymore!" Every muscle in his body was tense again and he gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles and fingers where white as snow. "I can't bear to let them do that too you anymore. I should never have made you go back... Faline, I'm so sorry. I promise... I promise it will be over soon, no one will ever lay a hand on you again, you'll never have to let anyone touch you or whip you, so help me..."

He breathed out slowly, letting the blood return to his fingers once more. He looked so tired, not just physically but mentally and emotionally spent, running on empty. He certainly felt empty, it's what SHIELD did to you. His arms shook slightly, a sign that his body was barely holding itself together as it was.

Faline had been enjoying the ride and chuckled as Shini squawked loudly obviously complaining about something, but when Jason responded, Faline's smile disappeared. Jason was always upset about what was going on and always upset about things that happened. It was almost as if he took her emotions for her and left her just with smiles and happiness.

For a few moments, she finished going over the information on her pad and realized that they were capturing Tempest to use her as a hostage in regards to her boyfriend of the past year, Nicandro. It wasn't something that she would enjoy, but it was what she had to do. It surprised her though, when Jason pulled her out of her thoughts by kissing her hand and stating something regarding what she had just been thinking about.

He was right. Somehow they would be able to leave and she had no idea how he had worked that out with SHIELD, but he had.

Jason started to run his hand through her hair, causing her to involuntarily purr aloud as he did so. When he started to scratch behind her ear, she gently leaned into his hand, her purr growing louder as he did so. She loved how he knew how to make her feel beautiful without using rude comments. However, her purr stopped abruptly when Jason hit a new, and sensitive scar. He knew every part of her and he would feel the new scars underneath her thin clothing. But what he did next, surprised her more than ever.

Jason's fist came down hard against the dashboard making Ziva jump and look at Jason timidly. When she saw him crying and felt the car speed up, she knew something was wrong. "I can't take it anymore!" His muscles were tense and his knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel making her worry all the more.

Jason started apologizing to her and she looked out the window at the clouds that passed by above them, remembering to imprint the look of them in her mind as a habit. He shouldn't be sorry to her...she should be sorry to him about draggin him into it. "Jason..." she started and turned to look at him as he drove, worried about his driving skills being impaired because of how hard his body was taking the daily torture. She had to admit that her own was still having trouble after eight years.

"Don't blame yourself honey." she said as she stared at him hard. "You know better than that....you convinced me, yes. If i had not gone back, they would have hunted me down and tortured me to the point of death everyday along with training and missions." She took a deep breath, keeping herself from even showing a tear.

Faline took one hand from the steering wheel and transformed into her cat form to lay on his lap. She purred gently as she licked his hand, looking up at him with her golden eyes. "I told you to call me Ziva...." she said moving on to something happier.

Jason was silent for a long time, around thirty minutes well he drove. Fearing that if he spoke he would be overcome with emotions of varying types and strengths all pulsing through his body, and be unable to finish the drive. Stoping in the middle of the interstate would attract unwanted attention... and so he manage to bite his lip until they made it to a small town a dozen or so miles outside of Boston and he pulled into a parking-lot and stopped, sweating and panting slightly.

He reached out a hand and pet Ziva, knowing where she liked to be scratched. It was a debate they had had a while ago, scratching her like a cat... he thought it was demeaning, but she liked it, and since she knew he couldn't think of her in that way... he was alright with doing it.

"Ziva..." He sighed, the weight of the world on his shoulders at this point.

"I know... I know I shouldn't blame myself, but I do... I still do." He stared out the window at the blue sky, so welcoming and open, representing freedom from oppression and happiness, two things that seemed so far away just then.

"I can stand the torture, the training, the lack of food and drink and sleep, even not seeing you for such a long time... But I can't forgive them for what they do to you and it's all I can do to be able to live with myself, knowing that I allow it to happen, even if I also know I can't change it."

He kissed the top of her furry forehead and managed a weak smile. "I love you so much..." He closed his eyes for a moment and then spoke once more. "You don't need this, me like this, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be venting at you, I know you already know how much it tears me up inside. We're out now... I won't dwell on it anymore, I'm sorry."

He opened the car door and let Shini fly out, motioning for her to return to her humanish form. "Come on, They've already booked two rooms for us, of course we'll only be using one." he managed another grin, this one more genuine. "How does a hot bath, some fresh clothes, and as much fish as your man can order sound??

She liked fish, and Shini liked fish... and Jason... tolerated fish, though he'd never let her know in a million years that he actually despised sushi. The smile she got when eating it made it all worth it to him.

After Jason had finished speaking, Ziva purred again making sure that he knew she was happy just being there with him. However, upon exiting the car, she would have to act like she didn't know him until they passed the security cameras that SHIELD could access. She transformed to her human form, glad that she had learned to transform with clothes. It took her a moment to go to the other side of the car, but the door was opened and she looked at Jason in a way that stated loud and clear "I love you more, and how do you know what I like the most?"

Ziva walked past Jason ignoring him almost as she looked out of the corner of her eye at the cameras. They knew that she and Jason never allowed them to bug anything because they were always yelling at each other, or at least, never talking. SHIELD put it down to the two having a grudge and forever trying to outdo each other.

After making sure that the rooms were ready, Ziva was disappointed to find that the rooms were nothing as extravagant as last time. She called one of the the lower ranking officers from the hotel and chewed him out for making the wrong reservations and told him to change it. the man at the desk, looked at her in horror as she hissed at the man on the phone and hung up the telephone with a mighty slam.

"Our rooms please?" she said her voice a mask of no emotion. The across the counter shook as he handed her the keys to their rooms. "And make sure that a-" she was interrupted as a young man ran behind her and grabbed all of the bags from the back of the car and ran then up to their room using the elevator. Ziva stood there, highly amused at the show and looked back at the man at the counter. "I bet if I asked for a hot towel that you would bend over backwards?" she asked and the man nodded fervently. "No worries, make sure that we are not bothered unless we call." She said and looked at Jason. "Hurry up you idiot." she said harshly even as her eyes apologized or the charade that she had to play. She walked away from the counter, her hips swaying in a gentle feline way and made her way to the elevator with Jason in tow.

She stayed away from him in the elevator as if he was a disease, and to their luck, the rooms were right next to each other. She handed him the key to one of them and used her key to get into her room. Their stuff was lumped into one of the large, extravagant rooms and she sat on the bed, waiting for Jason to do what he normally did.