SkySong278

X-Men: The End

~Sophira~

Things happened quickly, and suddenly Nicandro had them all safe and sound... but Sophira couldn't help but think of the situation they had just left. She had been so... helpless. She could have taken burn wounds from one person, but she knew she wouldn't have been able to handle wound from two people. Now safe, she took a minute to get familiarized with her surroundings before finding a place to rest. She had to work tomorrow. What if she didn't show up? Sophira was fairly sick of working like a normal human when all of the mutants were being hurt.

She sighed quietly and hummed to herself. Siren had been able to help, Nicandro had been able to help and Riley had, along with some other mutants. Sophira was deep in thought about the situation and what she would do next time. How could any mutant just kill people like that? Even children could have been in that building... little children... how can anyone be so cruel?! She sniffled and tucked her knees. Next time there's a situation like that... if I see the bad mutant, I'll, I'll... I'll disable them! I'll use my power, and then stab my legs with knives! The thought sickened Sophira, but not as much as thinking about the people in the building who probably were buried, burned and mauled to death by the explosion. She bit her lip, a new side of her personality slowly emerging. I'll jump off a cliff if that's what it takes to stop them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Ren~

“I’m not quite sure… what do you think?”

Ren eyed her new ally with curiosity. "I think... the humans will not like what just happened. I think the mutants are getting sick of people. I think it's time all mutants take sides and act. Tell me, how many sides does a coin have?" Ren grinned but did not give Willow time to answer. "Three! It has the head, the tail, and the ridge around the edge. Not many people live on that ridge anymore... many used to, more than lived on the head or the tail. But now, now that my little allyenemies have decided to act, the ridge is suddenly light and empty, and many humans have jumped to the head of the coin." Ren let out a sharp bark of laughter, then smiled in a kind way to Willow. "You're still on the edge of the coin, aren't you? So am I... because every ridge of the edge is different!" The slightly-messed-up mutant brushed some hair out of her face, trying to think of a way to word what she was trying to communicate.

"I work for humans, but in doing so I cause the death of other humans. Does that make sense? Is that right?" Ren spoke the last words more slowly, as though testing them for their honesty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Asashi~

"What happened?"

Asashi didn't even turn his head to look at Moira. He intently watched the mutants on the screen--the ones who had been trying to help put out fires. Since the whole thing was live now, the cameras were showing these good mutants in all honesty, helping the people. Asashi knew that in half an hour or so the camera angles would be changed and the mutants would look harmful.

Then suddenly the group disappeared in the oddest way, obviously managing to escape. Asashi sighed quietly in relief. Then he turned to Nurse Jade, thinking quickly. "This is a lot to take... maybe you should get our guest her own room. Seeing that she's standing, I think she's able to take care of herself. Get her a room with a window." That will give her a chance to get out of here if she needs to. I don't know if she knew any of those mutants, but perhaps she wants to rendezvous with them.

"I... I need to go think, and... write my essay." Asashi turned to Moira. "Excuse me," he said, quickly turning to the stairs and ascending them. Asashi entered his room and found his Com uniform quickly. If anything, he at least wanted to be able to keep track of policemen in the building; he knew some would die while trying to save survivors. In minutes he was Com, but he didn't turn on any of his technology (once again he was thankful that Moira had stated her powers). He first left the building and began jogging towards town. About ten minutes away from the mansion, he finally allowed himself to turn on his technology...

~Com~

Com tried not to panic when he couldn't distinguish his father's signal from the others. Many of the signals were right on top of each other, packed in the rubble of the burning building. It took him ten seconds to finally pinpoint his father's signal. Com quickly strode towards the building and wasn't at all surprised to see that the panicking civilians seemed to just be waking up from sleep. Siren. If the situation hadn't been so dire, Com would have smiled. As it was, he simply continued towards the building.

The cops who had been keeping the panicking civilians back from the rubble weren't quite oriented enough to notice Com slip past them and into the building. Com's armor was fireproof, but not entirely heat-proof. "Switch ventilation mode," he commanded the armor. A buzzing resounded and the scent of smoke left Com's helmet. He took a deep breath and darted into the remains of the building, intent on helping in any way possible....

((YAY!!))

Moira

When the nurse took Moira to her room, she was rather grateful and quickly said that she needed to lay down. However, once the nurse left the room, her hair grew to it's normal length and her eyes returned to their green color. After doing so, she felt somewhat relieved and regained some energy that she desperately needed to do what she needed to next. It took her a moment to cause her favored plants to weave her a strong, durable form of armor and weaponry that she slipped into after taking off the pants. It fit her body snugly which is what she needed. To look at the outfit, one would think that it would be useless, but the light green bamboo outfit would be very tough to get through with anything other than a bullet. She wove the fibers in a criss cross manner and made sure that they were tight with each other before she looked at herself in the mirror. Despite her not being a small woman, she was firm none the less. The only thing that she didn't like was the prominent position of her chest. "Blasted heritage." she mumbled as she quickly wove some boots that were of a darker green.

With one quick and final look, she tied her hair back into a tight ponytail and stopped. After thinking for a moment she realized that her little friend wasn't with her. "Where are ya?" she called out quietly to hear the little lizard chirp and run to her side. She gently slipped him onto her shoulder as she walked over to the window. "Face?" he asked her before sniffing at her costume. "Ah thank ya!" she said before weaving the final piece that slipped over her head like a masquerade mask. "There, here we go!" she said and jumped out of her window to land on a tree that had moved to her rescue. Luckily for her, the window was at the back of the house and now as she melded into the tree, she wouldn't be seen. It took her a bit to outmaneuver the cameras by blurring the images, but once she did, she moved into her real realm. The forest was easy for her to get through as she used the grass to propel her faster than she could normally run. When she arrived at the building she noted that there were people that were still hurt and needed help. She raced into the building to find mothers calling out for their children and husbands for their wives. "Alright you lot! Pipe down!" she shouted out to them and watched as they all came to her voice. "The fire is 'ot, and ya can't miss a steep!" SHe said and knew that what she was about to do, would be suicide for her.

As she changed the chemical makeup of the ground beneath them, the fire turned to ashes but only for a moment as she made the people run by her and out into safety. It was then that she noticed Com. "Com?" she said and then wondered if he heard her before she ran out of the building knowing that the rest of the people would be okay. There were at least five more in the higher levels of the building. As she hid in an alley she had to concentrate. Technopathy was hard on such an small frequency but after a moment, she found it. She couldn't see Com at all because there was something blocking her from doing that. "Com? 'Ello, Com?" she said and once she heard his breathing, it was easy to see she had hacked his helmet. "There are five people on the top floor. I can see 'em on the TV channels. Do you have the floor layout?" she asked him.

Nicandro

Nicandro leaned against the door and smiled as Riley looked around the room. He loved her a lot and it was great to see that she loved her room so much. When she kissed him, he gently kissed her back as well before replying to her. "Right next to yours." he said and took a few steps back to point to another door just to the right of hers. "That way if there is anything, I can get to you, and you to me." he said and yawned. "Just wish I knew where Moira was." he said and forgot to try and contact her again, maybe Riley would. Before walking to his room, he kissed Riley tenderly and walked to his room only to fall asleep as soon as he hit the bed.

Riley

Riley poked her head out of her bedroom's door and looked to her right to see that his room was next to hers. "That's good," she said in reply before noticing him yawn and then hearing what he said about Moira. "I'll try to contact her later," she said before kissing him back just as tenderly as he did her and before he walked to his room. She went to her own bed and laid down on her stomach, falling asleep a short time afterward. She was a bit tired and wanted to get some rest before they did anything else that day or whatever.

((Apologies once again. So glad to be caught up ^^))

{-[Com]-}

The smoke was thick and--not for the first time in his life--Com wished he had some power that was useful to others. Spitting black smoke and temporarily dying weren't exactly useful in burning buildings. The people were all very confused and were shouting and crying. Com didn't see any bodies on the first level, which was good; the explosion had demolished upper levels, but not the few bottom floors. The demolition of upper levels had left fire and rubble on the first floors and there was always the danger of structural collapse. As Com was trying to figure out a way to get everyone to calm down, a commanding voice suddenly caught his ear. He turned, but could not see through all the smoke. His data told him it wasn't a cop, for no cops showed up where the voice had come from. Then suddenly the fires turned to ashes and the people began running out. The work of a mutant? Com didn't see Moira and was on the other side of the room, and so he quickly worked to get people aimed towards the door.

The moment everyone was out, the fire began to return. Definitely a mutant. --Warning: Fifteen minutes of clean air supply left.-- It was Com's helmet that spoke. Com stopped in the corner he was in and began clicking buttons on his wrist. He practically jumped when his helmet spoke with a very different yet familiar voice.

"Com? 'Ello, Com?" Is that--did she hack my helmet? "There are five people on the top floor. I can see 'em on the TV channels. Do you have the floor layout?"

Com had to smile; she had left the Nethofelshi mansion just as he'd hoped, and instead of running off to find her friends she had come right to the burning building to help people. "Yes, I have the layout. I'm sending its graph out on radio signals; they shouldn't be hard for you to catch. I have a coordinate graph in the upper right corner of my helmet. Pinpoint it and add markers where the five people are and I'll begin the rescue operation. Many police had to leave the building to get oxygen, so we have to move fast. If you're able, I'll need you to rebuild the stairs with plants at... this coordinate."

Ah, the joy of working with other mutants, especially intelligent educated ones. Com knew the situation was extremely serious, but it was definitely a moral booster to be working with someone who could hack his helmet. How ironic, he thought to himself as he approached the broken stairs and awaited the coordinates of the five people. Just imagine the damage she could cause to me if she wanted. This helmet has more features than I can name in a minute, and she can control any of them right now.

((No Worries smile.gif ))

Moira

Moira nodded to herself as she looked around in the buidling with what few cameras were left. It took her a moment but the life forms were marked on his helmet with their heart rate as well as how much damage they had taken or how their oxygen was. "This is a neat little get up you have." she said as she flipped through the controls that had been added and was glad that he was so calm with her inside his "head".

When he commented that she needed to use her plants to rebuild the stairs she chuckled slightly as she placed her hand in the ground and watched as tendrils of roots and different hard bark plants crawled into the building and to the steps. In a few seconds there was an entire staircase built that was sturdy and also reinforced the stairs that were falling apart as well. "How'd you know it was me?" she asked him with humor lacing her voice. "Also, i can't seem to turn off your voice modulator at the moment. To many firewalls for me to get through in a few seconds, so don't worry." she said and laughed as the cops came out of the fire coughing and then shouted in surprise as trees and roots started to sprout from the ground between their legs and underneath their feet.

"Now, it looks from the heart rate and from what cameras are left, it's a two children, two adults and one baby. This has to be quick. I can't appear right now because I have to concentrate on the signals, but I can do my best to try and decompose the fire for a few minutes around them to keep the smoke from choking the baby. But you have to make this quick!" she said and sat cross-legged as she concentrated on the fire around Com as well as around the people on the top floor.

Edited by LoveLost

Riley

Riley woke up a short time later, not being able to sleep anymore for some odd reason. She shrugged a bit as she got up, figuring that it was just a bad dream or something before going to check on Nick. She slipped quietly into his room, walked up to his bed, kissed him softly on the forehead, and then sat down beside him for a bit as she looked around the room. A few minutes later, she got up and walked out of his room to explore their new place a bit more. She had done that earlier but now she wanted to do it again just so that she could get a better feel for it and also to get used to it a bit more.

Edited by SkySong278

~`Com-]]

((this is a bit long. If you wish me to delete some so you can cut in, just say so~)

Even though he knew Moira could control technology, Com was a bit surprised when she not only pinpointed the locations of the five still trapped, but also displayed their heart rate, how healthy they were and how much oxygen they had available. Those features had already been on Com's armor, but he was still pleasantly surprised when Moira used them. It was very strange, having someone else have full access to his helmet. However, he was too busy thinking about the people to think of everything Moira had access to..

"This is a neat little get up you have." "Hmph," was Com's almost playful response. He approached the broken steps right as Moira was repairing them, and he was quite pleased with how sturdy they were. He hoped it wouldn't hurt her wounded arm too much to create such plants.

"How'd you know it was me?" Com heard the humor in her voice and laughed softly as he ascended the stairs. "Your voice is fairly unique compared to most mutants I've met, considering your accent." "Also, I can't seem to turn off your voice modulator at the moment. To many firewalls for me to get through in a few seconds, so don't worry." Com raised a brow as Moira began laughing. "I hadn't expected you to be trying," he replied simply. In truth he hadn't even thought of that; being the sort of person who usually didn't care who was under a mask, Com hadn't considered the fact that his Irish friend might care. Then again, he supposed he had acted a bit strange upon meeting her.

He was almost within sight of where the first two people were and his mind returned to the situation. "Now, it looks from the heart rate and from what cameras are left, it's two children, two adults and one baby. This has to be quick. I can't appear right now because I have to concentrate on the signals, but I can do my best to try and decompose the fire for a few minutes around them to keep the smoke from choking the baby. But you have to make this quick!"

"Right," Com replied calmly. He was quite grateful for the sudden lack of smoke, and he soon came upon the first two people. It was a terrified woman and her twelve-year-old daughter. Both of them mistook him for a special type of law enforcement and quickly crowded to him. "Go down those stairs there and out the door to the right!" Com commanded. The woman shook her head, sobbing. "The stairs are broken! How did you get here?" Com frowned. "Just go! They've been repaired, trust me!" The woman didn't further complain; grabbing her daughter's hand tightly, she ran towards the stairs. Com looked back only long enough to watch them reach the base of the stairs before turning and continuing to run through the building. He was aware that by the time he left the building, news cameras would be watching him, if not law enforcement.

There's no way they'd publicly identify me as a mutant, not while I help these people escape... at least, father wouldn't admit I was one to the press. He'd claim he couldn't talk about who I was due to government regulations or something. Com raced through the building, throwing rubble left and right to get to the survivors. It took time, getting around the rubble and pausing whenever another mini-tremor occurred. He hoped Moira could keep the smoke away for a few more minutes. Finally he came within sight of two survivors... -Warning: five minutes of oxygen remaining.- ...it was an old Asian man, holding what was probably his grandchild (a baby) carefully and trying to get to the window. Window = bad idea, considering how high they were. "Over here!" Com called. The man didn't seem to understand him, but he definitely heard him and saw him signaling. Coughing from earlier smoke inhalation, the man limped in Com's direction. He started saying something, but he wasn't speaking English and Com couldn't understand him. When the man reached him, Com glanced down at the baby to make sure it was alright before starting back towards the stairs.

Com tried to point the man towards the stairs, but the man seemed very confused and simply tugged on Com's sleeve while saying something. Rats, I'm going to have to lead him to the stairs before I can go back for the kid! Com grabbed the man's arm and quickly pulled him through the building back towards the stairs. When the stairs were in sight, Com pointed at them again and the man nodded and limped quickly that way. "How's the last kid?" Com asked Moira. As he did so, he spun around and took off as fast as possible in the direction of the child's signal. Unfortunately the child was moving farther away, probably lost and having given up hope of rescue. "If possible, I need you to--" --CRASH!-- "Aagh!"

--Warning; Oxygen supply breached. No spare oxygen lefffzzzzt--

Something had fallen and hit Com, and for half a second he lost his senses. Adrenaline drove him and he quickly came to and sat up, half covered in dust and rubble which was now going right through his helmet and to his lungs. His right arm had a large vertical gash that ripped right through his armor. Had the armor not been there, the gash might have reached his bone. Something had whacked his head too, but with his helmet it had done nothing more than disorient him. However, none of that stopped him as much as what had fallen through the ceiling when it had broken above him. Moira could sense his heart rate almost double and his breathing increase and grow louder.

The smell was almost too much to take, and Com sat there, stunned at what he was seeing. His body felt weak, and a million memories flooded through his head...

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

Sophira had been sitting huddled for quite a while, too scared to turn on the old TV that was there. She wanted someone to talk to, someone who could answer all the questions that ran through her head. So much had happened, so many terrible things... Sophira didn't know how to handle it. After what seemed like forever, Sophira saw Riley walking past. Sophira hopped to her feet and quickly joined Riley. "Do... um, do you mind if I walk with you, miss Riley?" She asked. Just having someone to walk with would help, she knew.

Moira

Moira listened as Com spoke to the mother and child and watched with relief as they were swept up by the EMT's and various other on site medical personel. When the last two walked out and the small dot on Com's screen seemed to move away from him, she gave up hope on the last child as his life signs grwe dim. But then something happened that she wasn't too sure about. Com gave a shout as rubble fell on him and she shifted the viewing from just what was on the screen of his helmet, to what was on his screen and his surrounding world.

Rubble surrounded him and he was bleeding. His heart was racing uncontrollably and his breathing was short which meant that whatever smoke was still there, he was inhaling at an excelerated rate. If she ran again, her arm would hurt far worse than it did now which meant that she had to do something that would hurt, yes, but wouldn't damage her arm to much. It took her a minute to stand up after shouting at Com to try and move but she could easily see that he wouldn't be able to do that sort of thing. "Com! Move ya bloody ideeut!" She shouted at him as she stepped into the middle of the street and took a deep breath. It took her a moment as she closed her eyes to root herself into the ground in an ancienct Tai Chi method that kept her from moving by focusing her energy on her feet. When her eyes opened, she whirled her arms and hands around in a way that caused trees, flowers, bamboo, and many others to entertwine tightly around each other. By the time that she was finished, a large, 5 story high plant "monster" was standing there looking, more like sensing, the people around it. Moira touched it's ankle gently and was absorbed into the body and sent to the hand. She stood there directing the monster with her abilities until he was where Com would be by the layout that he had provided her.

"Com? Don't move for a bit since ye can't." she said with slight anger in her voice since she had stopped concentrating on what he was seeing to what his heart rate was. "There, tear there!" she said motioning to a row of glass windows that hadn't been blown out. The monster tore out the windows and set moira down past the glass. "Alright my friend, now it's your turn." her lizard hopped from her shoulder and landed by her side. In a few seconds he turned into an 8 ft tall walking lizard-man andriod. The lizard turned his head to her and chirrupped before the two of them walked in the direction of Com's life signs.

"We have to hurry." she said as she pushed rubble out of the way and a few desks until she could clearly see where Com was. There was a large gap in the floor between them so she cleared the way with a few plants and grew a bridge to him with her andriod friend near her. "Aaus," she said and the andriod nodded. There were piles of debris that were far to large for her to move so the android moved them quickly and Moira carefully made her way to Com's side before grimacing at the sight before her. It was a dead woman in more ways than one. The smell was horrible and she wondered why Com was looking at the body with so much fear that it would cause his heart to race and his adrenaline and cortisol levels to rise to such surprising levels. "Assessment: Deceased. Assessment: Memories." Aaus spoke with the same electronic voice.

"Com, look at me." she said and when he didn't, she roughly grabbed his helmet and turned him to look at her. "You have to snap out of this." she said gently as Aaus removed the rubble around him and on him as well as the body. However the body was reverently treated. "Aaus, some help please?" she asked and the andriod walked over to her and helped her with Com until they were across the plant bridge and on the monster's hand. She sat down beside Com as Aaus vocally directed the monster who was being held together by Moira, to go to the edge of the sea.

As the monster walked along, Moira concentrated very hard on trying to get Riley's attention. Riley, i need to know where the base is...please....I hope you hear me. She said and wondered if Riley had made the same telepathic connection with her that Nicandro had done. "Com, you have to trust me as I did you." she said and looked at him firmly wondering if he would ever take that blasted helmet off. You're lucky that you didn't put a reverse camera in your helemt." She muttered and turned around to make the monster move faster.

~Com~

Breathe... I have to breathe!

"MOMMY!" "ASASHI, RUN!!! GO WITH DADDY!"

The smell of burnt human... the smoke, flooding into the helmet... the pain of the wound, freshly bleeding all over his black sleeve... --Warning; rate of breathing not matching up with rate of pulse. Please take deep breaths.--

"DADDY, it burns my eyes!" "Don't look, boy! Darn it, I can't get it off! Someone help us, please! Anna!" "Leo, go! Take him and go!" "No, I won't leave you!"

Com felt himself choking. Repulsed by the memories, his body wasn't allowing him to breathe like he should have been. His breaths were either nonexistent or rapid. He couldn't even remember how to move and could do nothing more but stare at the body before him.

"ANNA! NOOO!" Screams....

Something blurred at the edge of Com's vision, and suddenly one of the glowing dots went out. Somehow Com managed to realize that was a bad thing; the last child he was supposed to be saving had stopped breathing. He felt like doing the same, but had lost control of his breathing and ability to move.

"Don't move, I'll bring mommy back!" "Daddy, what's that smell? Why is mommy screaming?" "I said STAY HERE, and SHUTUP!"

"Assessment: Deceased. Assessment: Memories." Something big and metal was speaking, but to Asashi it sounded like a doctor.

"Dr. Roe, she's deceased. Would you like me to tell the fami--" "Oh dear, how did this child get here?" "I wanna see my mommy. She's called missis Anna. Why isn't she sitting with my dad?"

"Com, look at me." Com didn't even hear Moira, but when his helmet suddenly was yanked to the side he managed to take a breath. His eyes had remained forward, but now landed on the face of someone alive... through the smoke and the memories, she looked just like his mother.

"You have to snap out of this." Com opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Nethofelshi... she... she didn't make it." "No... my Anna... why? Why is it always me? Are you happy?! You took away my sister, and now you take away the love of my life? Are you satisfied yet?!" "Sir, please. Your son is in the room, this isn't good for him to hear..."

Com felt someone supporting his arms and he dazedly stumbled along. There was pain in his lungs and he coughed as the three crossed the plant bridge. The flames disappeared from sight, and Com's helmet sensed the leave of smoke and shifted to allow fresh air to enter. Suddenly the scent of death was gone, and Com managed to breath more normally.

"I want to see mommy! Why won't the doctors let us see her? Daddy, what's wrong? Where is she?"

"Com, you have to trust me as I did you." That's...

For the first time, Com suddenly seemed to realize that there was no longer fire around him. The smell was gone, the scene was gone, and he was surrounded by plants. Someone familiar was sitting next to him. "You're lucky that you didn't put a reverse camera in your helmet."

Com turned his head to look at Moira, but she had turned to help control the monster. The signal of the last child that had been in the building was no longer present. "He died," Com managed to say. Finding his voice caused him to cough some more, and slowly he regained his senses. He suddenly looked down at his right arm, which was bleeding. He took a deep breath and looked around the hand of the plant giant, then at Moira. The signals of police were getting farther away, and he realized that Moira was taking him somewhere. However, unlike his usual nature, he didn't protest.

"I..." he stared down at his hands. "Failed..." He had never failed before, not as Com. He had always been able to save the humans, free the mutants, assist the police. Com wasn't supposed to fail like Asashi did, not living up to his father's expectations. Com wasn't supposed to rely on others like Asashi did, being waited on 24/7. Com was supposed to be a hero who could always handle himself, not a boy who couldn't even be honest with his father. But now...

Com shuddered as the smell of burnt human recycled through his helmet. He was very tempted to take it off and almost did, but instead simply opened the front-mouth vent and allowed his head to lean back against the plants behind him. He swallowed, glad he had a helmet to hide his face right then, for he felt quite helpless and weak and knew it would have shown in his face.

Riley

Riley was still exploring the grounds of their new headquarters so to speak when she decided to try to contact Moira to see where she was and how she was doing. Moira? she asked in the other girl's mind after she had concentrated enough to try to reach out to her. Where are you and how are you doing? She didn't want to mention that Nick had wanted to know where she was but she figured that she would find that out for herself. She turned back around and started to head back to where her room and Nick's room were, but walked slowly so that she would still be able to get the other girl's response before she got to the rooms. As soon as she found out where Moira's location was, she was going to tell Nick so that he knew; well she was going to tell it to him via his mind so that she wouldn't wake him up, and she hoped that that communication would be okay.

Edited by SkySong278

Moira

Moira was slowly wearing down and as soon as they reached the first island, she stopped the plant and turned around. She took a deep breath, staring hard at Com as the plant monster slowly faded away until they were sitting on the ground. Her arm went back as if to grab something, but instead of grabbing a plant to help his arm, she swung around with all her might and hit him across his helmet. Her knuckles cracked with the force and she held her hand as she grimaced. After stretching her hand several times the look in her eyes was still just as fierce as the mask melted away from her face.

"If you ever say that again, I won't hesitate to remove that bloody mask of yours....why does it have to be so d*mn hard!?" she asked rhetorically. She was weaving a bandage from different fibers when she felt Riley's presence in her mind. "Riley?!" she said aloud as she looked in the direction that she felt the presence coming from. "Riley!!! I'm okay....I'm here." she said and gave a mental image with a map as well to show exactly where she was. It was odd for her to be saying things aloud as well as in her mind.

While she waited for Riley to reply, she cleared away some of the armor around Com's wound and sighed as she kept her mind as open as possible. She was glad that her outfit wasn't being controlled by her and was a finished product. Otherwise she would be sitting there helping Com in just her underclothes. She couldn't help but laugh at the thought as she dipped her hand into the water that was near them and used the cloth to wipe away any grit and dried blood. Once she was sure that it was clean, she formed a firm roll made out of the same fibers that the gauze was made out of, cotton, and wrapped his arm tightly. "Stitches won't do you any good with a wound as wide as this one. It would just make it more painful." she said as she was still giggling at her earlier thought.

~Com~

The giant plant monster was slowing down and soon disappeared. Com was vaguely aware that they were on an island, but he was too deep in thought and misery to care. He also noticed that the Irish mutant was looking hard at him, but he assumed she just wanted to know what he thought of the situation. Little did he know how much she knew about what he thought of the situation... well, little did he know until she reminded him. Smack! Com's head shot to the side and he felt the thunk strong on his helmet. It certainly snapped him out of his pitiful state and he let his helmet stay sideways a moment before turning in shock to look at Moira, who was rubbing her hand. Com just stared, dumbfounded. Apparently he had underestimated the feisty spirit of his Irish friend.

"If you ever say that again, I won't hesitate to remove that bloody mask of yours...." Com didn't hear the rest, as it took him all available thought to realize that she was talking about him saying he failed. He swallowed, still staring at Moira as she began to make a bandage. "Riley?!" Com blinked in surprise and glanced in the direction Moira was looking, but he didn't see anyone. He didn't bother trying to move, as his body was still shaking from the shock of the earlier situation. His mind imagined the horrid scent again...

"Riley!!! I'm okay.... I'm here." Com stared at Moira a moment more before rolling his shoulders carefully. He then looked back down at the wound on his arm and frowned. A bird chirped curiously and flew past to join a small flock. Somewhere in the distance, a ship honked and a deep base voice resounded from its engines. Even further, a very distant wail of sirens could be heard.

Com didn't bother resisting when Moira pulled back the armor-fabric that was surrounding the wound. He watched with a bit more sense than he had earlier, and he wasn't quite as dead-seeming. Then suddenly Moira laughed, and Com had to stare at her again. He couldn't help but notice how nice her face looked when she smiled, even after going through the giant burning building. Com winced as Moira wiped away dirt and blood from the wound. He felt a bit sick when he saw how large the wound was, but he managed a weak smile at how ironic the situation was; he had just been doing this for Moira hours ago, and now here she was doing it for him. He managed a rather pathetic wince as Moira tightly wrapped the wound.

"Stitches won't do you any good with a wound as wide as this one. It would just make it more painful."

Com heard another giggle in Moira's voice and had to wonder if she was thinking of something else or if she had truly lost her mind. The giggle sounded normal enough, and Com wondered if it was him who had lost his mind.

When the wound was wrapped, Com found himself smiling, relieved of the tension of the earlier situation. Most of the pain from the wound was gone and the scent of death was diminished. They were on an island, and Com's subconscious was dying to get rid of stress. Com examined the wrapping carefully, then looked at Moira. "A bit sloppy, but I suppose it'll do," he said with a weak laugh. He hoped Moira wouldn't smack him again, but (though he'd never admit it) he was grateful for the earlier smack. "Thank you," he said earnestly. He allowed a short pause for Moira to say what she would, but he was curious about the name she had been calling out a minute ago.

"Riley..." That must be the Tempest I've heard so much about. Father doesn't like her at all, her and... speaking of which, I have to make sure to get back before midnight--with this new incident, father will surely be kept out until he can't stand any longer. Com turned to look at Moira again. "Who's this Riley you spoke to?" As he spoke, he carefully tested his legs and arms by grasping the side of a tree and attempting to stand. He found it was easier than his body had told him it would be, and he used the opportunity to stretch out his now-aching muscles. --Reminder: breach in armor, right arm. Error in helmet; oxygen supply torn.-- Com quickly flipped a tiny switch on his elbow that shut off the AI's voice; he was aware of the problems with his armor and was more interest in knowing how Moira knew Riley. Speaking of which, he didn't remember the name Moira had given him as her name and decided to ask her once she answered his question.

*Siren*[/b]

Siren was simply brushing Maya's hair quietly in the corner, humming softly. The little girl seemed soothed and appeased by this, though it went against everything Siren had told herself not to do. Obviously, Maya was a mutant, so she wasn't affected by the song the way a human might be, but it was generally soothing anyways for her to sing or hum. The only thing she could think of was all the people who'd died in that fire because all she could do was sing. Rather useless really. She wondered if perhaps the elusive Com had saved everyone. It wouldn't surprise her. He had useful abilities, unlike herself. Maya looked up and met her eyes with a look far beyond her age on her face. "You helped too, you saved me." How had Maya known what she'd just been thinking? It sent a chill down her spine, the small child here had just answered to what she desired, not her thoughts. Perhaps this child had more than just her piercing wail up her sleeve. Siren didn't answer, and Maya resumed her quiet stance in Siren's lap.

Riley

Riley smiled as she heard Moira's reply and said in response after she had heard from her, All right I'll let Nick know. She had the image still in her head so when she reached Nick's room again and sat down on his bed she said in his mind as she trailed her fingers through his hair, Sorry if I wake you up with this news love but I contacted Moira and she says that she's here. She then put the image of the map in his head after she said what she did and then added, She also says that she's doing well. Then she added a few minutes later, Just thought that you should know. After kissing him on the forehead again, she walked out of his room and back into hers which was just next door to his.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Nicandro

Nicandro merely turned his head in his sleep to Siren as she spoke to him telepathically. It was rather nice to have her mind so close to his when he was asleep and he loved it when she spoke to him in his sleep. When she told him the news, even though he was in a semi-concious state, he understood what she said and gave a positive affirmative thought to her as she left the room and was about to fall back asleep when he gave Moira the island where they were and showed her all of the materials he had gathered for her so she could build the rest of the place where they were to live.

Moira

Moira was distracted as she was wrapping Com’s arm and found herself looking at him as he said that the job was a bit sloppy. A frown crossed her face as she then realized that he was probably joking and chuckled a little bit. She was still distracted with the earlier thought and could just see Com either turning around and screaming or laughing his head off at her. But when he said thank you to her she merely grunted even though there was still a smile on her face. “You’re welcome.” She said and looked at Aaus who still hadn’t changed back into his lizard form. “Aaus love, you can change now.” She said with a smile and the lizard-man walked over to her and as he bent to her shoulder, he turned into the small lizard that was always by her side.

She watched as Com walked over to a tree after asking her about the name Riley. “Most of you regular people know her as Tempest. She controls the weather like Storm used to before she was killed.” She stayed where she was as she watched him stretch his still shaky limbs. She noted though that his arm was still bleeding when she sat stock still again and looked in the same direction she had earlier. “Idiot’s asleep…he knows he’s not supposed to do that.” She said and sighed as the plant monster formed again. “Cummon, we need to get your arm taken care of properly….and I won’t take no for an answer.” She said as she placed her hands on her hips as the plant monster picked them both up then placed both of them in its left hand.

The best feature of the plant being was that it was able to move quickly without jarring its riders all that bad and they were soon to the smallest island at the end of a long list of them. If it were to be seen on a satellite, it would still be seen as a very small island due to a device that Moira had made for Nicandro. However the island was now several miles long and a few wide making it a substantial base for all of the “good” mutants.

There were there in just a few minutes and stood there looking at a spanse of rock….that’s all that was there and nothing more. “You bloody idiot.” She muttered and had too contact him again and he showed her where a hole was that was covered with a large metal cap. She used her plant monster to lift the cap and then looked at Com. “I know Riley and her boyfriend Nicandro…or Blade as you probably know them. They don’t want mutants to have a bad name and they try and stay hidden and help out. Now, common.” She said and climbed down the ladder first.

(("Siren" should be "Riley" L² tongue.gif but it's fine happy.gif; i knew what you meant smile.gif))

Riley

Riley smiled a little bit as she received a positive affirmative from Nick that he had heard what she had said to him telepathically as she got to her room and then laid on her bed as she started to read from where she had left off in her book earlier that day. She was glad that Nick was getting the rest that he deserved. It would help him get his energy back later when he used his powers again. She didn't like it when he was tired and fighting to stay awake when she knew that he needed his sleep. She worried about him when he was in that state, though she couldn't help worrying over him.

*Siren*

Siren was quietly singing Maya asleep and watched in awe as the young girl's eyes fluttered closed. Siren smiled and watched as the girl shiftd her position in Siren's lap. Tomorrow she'd go see if the girl's mother was looking for her. With a small sigh Siren shook her head, she looked so much like.... She cut her thought off there, she kept getting the past and reality jumbled up. It wasn't healthy to dwell on the past, living in the future was the only way to stay alive. With a small sigh Siren carried Maya to a secluded room and layed her on the bed before heading back out. She herself wasn't tired, and she simply flitted around quietly, picking up a stray thing here or there. Watching everything quietly she started to sing. Just a simply tune, nothing spcial, but it held a meaning no one else would really understand. As she tidied the place up she switched the song. A light happy song sounded across the room, echoing her voice so that it almost seemed as though five were singing instead of one.

~--=Com\-_]

Com watched silently as Aeus shrunk back to a tiny lizard. Amazing technology, really, something Com wouldn't have thought of using to assist him. Then again, he never really asked anyone to assist him in more than temporary fixes. He listened as Moira spoke about Riley.

“Most of you regular people know her as Tempest. She controls the weather like Storm used to before she was killed.” Com nodded; he knew of Tempest, but he hadn't known her real name was Riley. She was a strong and kind mutant, and if he remembered correctly she was in love with the mutant Blade.

“Idiot’s asleep…he knows he’s not supposed to do that.” Com blinked and turned to Moira, but saw that she wasn't speaking to him. “Cummon, we need to get your arm taken care of properly….and I won’t take no for an answer.” Com didn't know whether to groan or bitterly laugh, but it wasn't as if he had expected Moira to take no as an answer. He didn't even know where they were, though he could easily figure it out of he asked his armor to. It didn't take long for them to reach a small island... covered in rock. Com looked at Moira and raised a brow, though she couldn't see the expression.

“You bloody idiot.” Com blinked again and suddenly realized who Moira was talking to. She's talking to Blade. He's here with Tempest somewhere. The plant monster lifted a well-hidden metal lid off the ground to reveal an entrance of sorts. Com thought about Moira and the power she had, and curiously wondered what she would be like had she chosen the path against humans. “I know Riley and her boyfriend Nicandro… or Blade as you probably know them. They don’t want mutants to have a bad name and they try and stay hidden and help out. Now, common.”

Com followed Moira to the ladder and watched her descend a few kinks before he followed. When the reached the bottom, he turned to her. "What did you say your name was?" He asked, having truly forgotten. He realized he probably sounded blunt and perhaps stupid, but his mind was still on speed-mode and his body was still tense, hence the fact that his arm was still bleeding. He was able to ignore the pain of his arm, for it was well wrapped and he could barely feel it. Well, she knows that I have light skin now, he randomly thought to himself. If I return to the mansion... I'll have to hide this. I can't let her know that I'm Asashi, especially now that father will for sure be having me give a public speech against mutants. He won't let me give all the facts this time, not after so many deaths were caused. If I say a mutant did so much as offered a cop water, even if it's true, father will for sure never let me out of the house again.

Moira

Moira looked around the halls and started to walk in a specific direction as she thought about what she should tell him. Her name was Moira Quinlan Fain and her sister-in-law was named Aoibhean O'Hara soon to be Fain. She wasn't really sure about it, but she didn't have any other name to give him other than her real name and now that he was in the base, he would hear her name all around her, but only by Nicandro and Riley. What to do? she thought as she continued to walk and stopped in a large room with piles of metal, wires, and various other materials all around the room.

"Eh," she said outloud for a moment then turned to face him. She made sure that her mask was gone as she shrugged. "Call me Night Path." she said and wondered if that name would stick. SHe was a photopath and technopath as well as an elementapath. Moira was also able to see at night without much trouble and could morph into another person. However that was kinda hard to fit into a name and she didn't really feel like giving him her real name. Until she really thought it over. "You probably already know my real name since you seem to have all the files that the police do." she said and winked as she laughed.

When she turned back around, she almost squealed in delight. The materials that were there were rather hard to find, but they stopped any signals from coming into the building but allowed signals to go out. It was her own design and Nicandro had found the materials for her. THere were tons of medical materials as well in this room and it was easy to see that as she sat down on the ground, that she was going to get this set up in a small amount of time. Her hands were on her knees as she looked at the room and from left to right, beds, monitors and all sorts of medical machinery (the most recent models that weren't even used in hospitals yet as well) were being set up along with touchscreen updates and the mechanical beds that were used for the beds as well.

It was all over in a few minutes and the entire room was sparkiling in a new layer of metal and the beds were freshly made with the help a few plant men that made sure that the beds were to Moira's specifications. "Finally, feels like home!" she said with a happy smile as she looked around the room. She never had any medical training, she just knew a lot about general treatment thanks to the fact that she read in her spare time on any and all medical books that she could get her hands on.

She led Com to one of the beds and gently unwound the wound and gimaced. "This is going to sting....a lot." she said as she grabbed a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and poured it straight onto his arm after she placed a bowl underneath it so that it wouldn't mess up the beds. The peroxide foamed and hissed loudly as it cleansed the wound and lifted debris from the flesh as well. "Good, that looks better." she said as she looked closely at his arm and picked out a few last pieces of rock. She walked to the other side of the room and grabbed a towel and some of her personal favorites; lavender and orange oil. "here, take this and breath it in some, it'll help you lighten up. Also let it go through the filtration systems in your suit, it'll help." she said as she handed him the orange oil.

"Now, the hydrogen peroxide stung a bit, but well, this is where you feel like you want to go and wash it off quickly, but ya can't." she said as she wiped off all of the hydrogen peroxide then and took a firm hold of his arm. Oil dripped into the wound starting from top to bottom. By the end of dripping the oil in, he would feel a burning sensation first that would then seem to go deeper into his arm making it rather painful and somewhat worse than straight alcohol. While she let the oil sit there, she grabbed some tightly woven gauze and placed it on his wound then taped it into place. She slid the tape underneath his armor that way it would stay and then sat back and admired her work. "if you tell me that it is sloppy again, I'll knock your block off." she said with a small laugh as she sat on a bed across from him.

*Siren*

Siren was startled as she heard the sound of muffled voices, stopping her song, she switched to humming. She quickly rounded a few corners, and found the source. There were two people in there, two people, one was Com, she recognized him instantly. An image of Jay also sprang up which she forced down painfully. And a girl, she assumed the girl was mutant. Confused on what to do, Siren crossed some of the room before stopping nervously. She had no idea who this girl was! However, Siren had a feeling that she wouldn't be here if she was evil.

((GAH I JUST HAD AN AWESOME IDEA FOR TWO POWERS I WANT SIREN TO HAVE xd.png GRRRR))

~Com~

"Eh, call me Night Path." Com raised a brow, but nodded. "Night Path it is," he repeated. An interesting choice, but Com had nothing to say about it; after all, what did 'Com' have to do with his name? Sure, he had a com and could speak through it... but he only used it to contact certain people on rare occasions (especially when he knew a technopath was present). Really the name had come about because 1) he wanted a short and strong name and 2) he didn't want something fancy that stuck out. "You probably already know my real name since you seem to have all the files that the police do." Com chuckled (grimacing at his arm) and shook his head. "Oh, they're pretty good; they know a lot about mutants and have managed to keep me out of their deepest file books. I've never seen someone who looks like you there, although I've only skimmed past the Irish mutants. I mostly only look for mutants who have been known to cause trouble around here." It was true: Com had never seen Moira before, though he figured any of the 'Irish-sounding' mutants described in his father's files could be her.

Com watched Night Path curiously (immediately deciding to call her 'Night' as a nickname) as she delightedly toyed with some materials and medical supplies. He watched as she knelt down and organized the room, and not for the first time he wondered what life would be like if Night Path was an enemy of humans. I'd have to shoot her, was the first thought that came to his head. But it wasn't so, and so he brushed those thoughts aside.

After a few minutes, Night Path finished her work. "Finally, feels like home!" Com smiled tiredly and was happy to sit down on a bed when Night led him to one. He wasn't so happy when he saw her reaching for hydrogen peroxide, which his father had made him use for mouth sores when he was little. "This is going to sting.... a lot." Oh, he knew it would. He kept silent and didn't move as the stinging began, but he was surprised with how deep it went. It was funny, looking at his own injured arm while the rest of him was clad in black. He knew that if Night decided to pin him down with plants right then and take off his helmet, he wouldn't be able to do much. He could threaten her with a gun, but would he really shoot? No. Never, not unless she was attempting to reveal my identity because she's actually an enemy. I understand any distrust she might have.

"Good, that looks better." Com grunted, but decided not to say the foamy rabies joke he thought of. He watched Night grab a towel and some bottles. He immediately recognized them as lavender and oil and frowned. "Here, take this and breath it in some, it'll help you lighten up. Also let it go through the filtration systems in your suit, it'll help." Com sighed; he didn't like breathing that stuff, because though it really did help tensity, he worried it dulled his senses. However, he realized now that he was so tense and so disoriented he probably couldn't function in any sort of battle anyway, so he clicked a button on his wrist and allowed the filtration to open on his suit. He shuddered as a bit of smoke-scent made it out, but there was no scent of burnt person there since he hadn't hardly touched the body. It felt rather nice to have fresh air moving through his uniform. He took a deep breath of the lavender.

"Now, the hydrogen peroxide stung a bit, but well, this is where you feel like you want to go and wash it off quickly, but ya can't." Com raised the brow and was about to protest, but Night gripped his arm tightly. He braced himself, squeezing the container of lavender. Oil. Com's arm automatically flinched twice as the burning sensation begun. He whistled, careful not to move his arm anymore. Then Night wrapped it, and Com let out a careful sigh. "If you tell me that it is sloppy again, I'll knock your block off."

Com raised an eyebrow (again, not visible but such a habit) playfully as Night Path laughed. "You'd knock out the guy whose arm you just wrapped?" Com laughed a bit, but then paused as he suddenly heard a soothing and familiar sound. It was followed by footsteps, and then he recognized it. Siren! He could hardly believe it. She was here too? Just then Siren rounded the corner and entered the room, looking unsure. Com stood to greet her, glad to be distracted from his wound. "Siren! It's good to see you," he said with a little more enthusiasm than he intended. He paused when he noticed Siren looking at Night. "This is Night Path... apparently Blade and Tempest are here? Are you with them? You did a good job today, saved a lot of people." Com was quite happy to see a familiar face, especially Siren who he had helped before. He was mostly glad that she was alive; not being able to save the kid in the burning building was still burdening him, and Siren helped lift that burden just by being there.

*Siren*

"Siren! It's good to see you." Siren nodded but said nothing, she'd Abril you cut off the humming, and was observing Com drily. He was the same as ever, but his arm seemed hurt. Freshly bandaged though, that was good.

"And who're you two?" The strange person asked.

"Li-"

"She's Siren, I'm Jay!" Jay interposed and reached out to shake hands with the person. "We've heard about you... Com right?"

The stranger nodded and Siren frowned, uneasy. Deciding not to mention it, she shut her mouth and kept quiet.

"I'm here to tell you that they know you're here. And waiting for you down there." Siren nodded her thanks and began to drag Jay along with her, "Thanks!" She called back to Com, "We will be!"

The memory flashed before she could stop it. She almost missed what Com said. "This is Night Path... apparently Blade and Tempest are here? Are you with them? You did a good job today, saved a lot of people." Siren nodded to Night, and smiled. "Pleasure. I'm Siren." Introductions finished as much as she was willing at the moment Siren turned back to Com curiously amused. "They're here, yes I'm here with them...." At the part on saving lives Siren shook her head sadly, "Not me... All I can do is put them asleep, or most of them. I suppose I could start a fight, induce love, and perhaps more, but oh well. Oh! And I picked up someone I think you'd find.... Interesting." Siren smiled at the thought of Maya and left her speech there.

Riley

Riley heard voices coming from down the hall and she went to investigate. She came to the infirmary (I guess that's what it's called) and saw Siren there along with Moira and someone else that she didn't know. "Hello Moira," she said to the other girl there with a small smile on her face. "I'm glad you're here." She then turned to the boy in the room and asked Moira as she looked at him, "Who's your friend?"

Edited by SkySong278

Juri Postammer sat down on his couch and scratched his nose. Shifting slightly into a more comfortable position he picked up the newspaper and quickly glanced at the first page for the article that had caught his attention earlier. Finding the page number where the story continued he scratched his nose again and used his free hand to turn the pages.

Both hands now free Juri held the paper close to his face and began to read. There had been another mutant killed the day before. That made eight this month now. That was worrying, especially as two of the victims were only identified as mutants during the post mortem. How had their killer known? Juri had known one of them and knew they kept their ’gift’ a secret as best they could. Like Juri himself, they hadn’t wanted to advertise the fact they were different.

The method used in killing the victims sounded a little bizarre. No normal weapon could leave wounds like this, at least not that he knew of. Was it really another mutant behind it all? The jargon in the paper was a little too technical for Juri’s liking, but as best he understood it something had punched or blasted through the victim’s bodies, leaving behind a neat little hole. No bullet could do that. It sounded a bit like a light sabre but without the cauterization effect.

Finishing the article Juri threw the paper aside and picked up the remote for his TV. As he flicked through the channels he wondered if the killer would come after him. He lived in the same city as three of the victims after all.

“Nah” he told himself. “I’m of no interest.”

The eight dead mutants could be described as dangerous, maybe that’s why they had been killed? His friend had the power to cause cancer by sneezing on people. It wasn’t a power he had enjoyed, but Juri saw that it could make him a target. His own power was no threat to anyone except himself and even them only his dignity was at stake. Nobody would waste their time in wiping out a power as embarrassing as his.

After a few minutes of daytime TV Juri heard his bell ring. Hauling himself off his couch he walked into the hallway and opened the door. A somewhat pretty young blonde girl was standing there, although the effect was spoiled by the fierce gaze she fixed him with.

“Juri Postammer?”

“Yes?” replied Juri wondering what she wanted.

The movement of the girl’s arm caught his eye and he looked down to see her raising a blue and white object that to his horror he realised was some kind of gun. He didn’t even have time to cry out before he felt the shot. It was hard to describe what it felt like, but there wasn’t much pain. Juri slumped to the floor as his body realised it now had a gaping hole in its chest and started pumping out blood.

The girl stared down at the former mutant for a moment before turning around and placing the gun back in its holster. Walking down Juri’s path back towards the gate she raised her right hand and touched her earpiece.

“Target confirmed. Target annihilated. Confirm next target.”

As the girl walked through the gate she listened to her next set of instructions. The next mutant on the list was not far from here, but she would need to stop for gas. After the conversation had ended the girl picked up her helmet, pulled it on and then mounted her motorbike. She had to make this next kill and then report back for the day. Kicking her bike into action she turned around and roared off down the street.

Taking a glimpse behind, Spencer noticed that the man was still down on the floor, whereas the other two member and the armed man were nowhere to be seen. Further glances made him noticed a black crow peering towards their direction. “Strange...” He murmured to himself. Sprinting towards the exit, Spencer could not wait to finally have smell another whiff of fresh air and not the stench of decomposing matter.

As they finally reached the main road, Spencer slowly decelerated as he stopped before a bench, trying to catch a breather after the short sprint. He dared not turn back to look at the alleyway as he feared that the group may attempt to pursue them as well. However, he knew that Fae was nearby, with the sound of footsteps. “Are you okay?” Spencer asked her, as he quickly held out his cellphone in his right hand. His shaky voice showed nervousness, as though unknowing about what to say. “Er... What's your name and do you need me to call the cops?” The lady was being mugged along the alley, it was highly unlikely that the group did not attempt to rob her mobile phone. The least Spencer could do was to help her.

Edited by flamedraco