DragonNighthowler

What Dragon Will Go Rare Next?

I feel like Harvests are becoming a rare breed. I haven't seen a CB Harvest in ages and the one I saw in the AP yesterday was gone in the blink of an eye.

I also wish Spitfires would go rare, or that Stripes would drop in the desert (to make things a bit more interesting).

I've only seen a Harvest maybe 3 times while egg-hunting, and (...embarrassed to admit it...) I've definitely spent a few hours straight rotating between biomes, or just in the Forest, solidly.

Tinsels: They hardly appear nowadays

Spitfires: Same reason also that they are so b'ful to be rare.

I also think dragons like the pillow and nebulas would go rare. As for pillows, wiki says that they are common while each egg appear like once in two or three hours.

Blacks were uncommon when I started playing in early 2010. I remember the wall of black on the AP as a result from black x white stripe breeding. I kick myself for not grabbing more, instead I caught, vamped and abandoned the vamp eggs into the AP. That was when vamp bites were 99% successful.

Seasonal dragons are getting uncommon too. I barely saw any this Summer and Fall. I had one but released it because I had to unlock my scroll to accept a tinsel. It's sad that reds are also becoming uncommon. I can't even breed mine and get an egg lately, it's ridiculous.

I see CB Nocturnes all the time. CB Nebulas... now that's a different story. I haven't seen one in forever. I nabbed mine last year when they were still relatively common, but now they've seemed to have disappeared from the face of the... cave.

I see Pillows pretty often. I worry about Electrics, when I started here I saw them in hordes, but lately I had some difficulties to get more CBs.

Nebulae were pretty uncommon when I first came here and I am always happy when I get one CB.

I see CB Nocturnes all the time. CB Nebulas... now that's a different story. I haven't seen one in forever. I nabbed mine last year when they were still relatively common, but now they've seemed to have disappeared from the face of the... cave.

Your joking? I see them all the time.

Harvests however, I haven't seen in a while.

Nebulas I'd say I see more frequently compared to other breeds mentioned so far, though they go extremely quickly once they appear.

As stated, the abundance of dragons moves through cycles. Particularly for me, I've noticed less moonstones and sunsongs in the cave. Sun/moonstones used to be blockers but I think they're starting to gain popularity (especially the latter) and being snapped up quicker. Sunsongs were always uncommon but I used to see them every now and then - haven't seen one in a bit nao.

Harvests I definitely haven't seen in awhile. I've been wanting to nab a few because the hatchlings are so darn cute and I only have 3 of them but I haven't seen an egg in ages.

Pillows may be 'common' but they're so popular because of their fluffiness that they may as well be rare given the number of people wishing to hoard them. :P

There are countless other breeds that were once common but now difficult to find, but they've all been listed so I won't repeat them any more. :3

I believe it's sort of become ridiculous how incredibly rare Golds and Silvers have become, but I shouldn't complain.

I kind of wish I had snagged more CB Vines when they wouldn't leave the cave. I hardly ever see nebulas anymore in the cave, but I suppose I'm just not looking hard enough.

Also: I sincerely hope that nocturnes continue blocking the cave because I adore them. and I also hope that the breeding accuracy of the Tinsels don't slow down too much.

I seem to be having trouble finding anything in the caves at the moment! I only joined around June, but the dragon that were 'common' then cant be found now huh.gif

Most 'RARE' thing I ever see are Nebulas but they go so fast I can barely grab one sad.gif LOL

Also: I sincerely hope that nocturnes continue blocking the cave because I adore them. and I also hope that the breeding accuracy of the Tinsels don't slow down too much.

Ditto. To both. I think Nocturnes are a wonderful blocker, useful little time-tellers that they are. And since tinsels are breed-only, I'd hate to see their breeding stop. I don't want them to be rare. Because even newbies could shiny-up their scroll with tinsel givaways, even if said shinies aren't rare. tongue.gif

Also, yay! CB Mints on the AP again! They got over their little drought!

I also noticed a return of Albinos. When I started back in June I saw them very rarely, but now they're nearly always in the Mountains and sit on the AP for ages

I see nebulas far more than I see harvests (fortunately, I managed to catch one in the forest). I've noticed reds dropping in the desert quite a bit, whereas pinks have declined. And for the first time in a long time I saw blacks drop -- didn't catch any, tho. dry.gif

Sooo, we've had the following breeding and catching droughts recently:

Metals and stripes

Seasonals

Which dragons do you need to stay common?

Edited by DarkEternity

Well I know the metallics already didn't have very good breeding rated but lately I've had a pair that give me an egg every time. So I'd love for that to continue

Also, seasonals. ;~; so hard to get.

Given the sudden deluge of alt blacks I suspect they're going to become very hard to get to balance the ratios back out.

I've also noticed that harvest dragons which used to be quite rare have become very common again, and CB stripes, though they'll always be uncommon, seem to be appearing a bit more frequently, lately.

Seeing a ton more Crimson Flare Pygmies and Reds recently. I've actually stopped clicking CB Reds now. Have too many of them....

I used to see a few Trios per day, but save an Ice this morning I haven't seen any others for 2 weeks.

I agree that alt blacks will probably become rare again after a while to balance things out (unless TJ changed the ratios himself).

Golden wyverns could either become more rare or less rare, but I'd say they'll be more rare. New releases are easier to get when they're first released, and the GWs don't look like commons. They have a really nice sprite too, lots of people like them and collect them for that reason.

If Seawyrms aren't already rare, I think that they will be soon. I have never seen one drop. The only time I have seen a CB one was on the AP. I grabbed it, thankfully.

Edited by BlazingPhoenix

Its true! for example bright breasted Wyverns are classified as extremely common but your don't often see an egg in the cave, not only that, but the "uncommons" are popping up more and more! for example theres been an influx of havests recently.

Its true! for example bright breasted Wyverns are classified as extremely common but your don't often see an egg in the cave, not only that, but the "uncommons" are popping up more and more! for example theres been an influx of havests recently.

Well there is a good reason for the BBW drought. *cough BWW Apocalypse thread cough*

They are doing a good job ;p.

I secretly dread the thought of guardians becoming uncommon. I know they are cave blockers now (I always try to have one or two growing on my scroll) but fear that as soon as I need the last couple to wrap up my project, they'll disappear. I remember the drop a few years ago now where the cave was blocked with new dragons for a month+. I couldn't get any then.

But currently common dragon to become uncommon? Hmmm, I'd go with mints. I don't see as many dropping. But I could be wrong.

I've noticed more CB nebulas, whites and reds, I use to never see them but now i get 1 or 2 of them every week. I've noticed a few more CB blacks around too but i've been too slow to catch them.

I haven't seen any stripes for months and golden wyverns and BBWs seem to have gotten rarer too from what i've seen but then i've only been actively hunting stripes.

Edited by whitedragon313711

@ BlazingPhoenix: Yeah, I agree. Well, kinda. I don't think they'll get rarer - they have been pretty uncommon for a long time, tbh. Only ever saw one or two eggs every now and then at the hourly drop.

Think BBWs are slated for rareness. The holly contest thread has been picking off the CBs. Not complaining - I mean, I would take them but the ungendered hatchling makes me go 'Gaaaah...'. :P

I took a way to long brake from DC, 9 months in fact.

This was mostly because the dragons i desired so, seemed impossible to find.

These dragons were Spitfire and Ember, so when i logged in again, first thing I do is I pick up an a Ember and then a Spitfire. Easy as pie. I was very confused by this, since i used to spend hours looking for them. huh.gif

The pride I felt after catching these gems slowly faded away as I saw 10 Spitfires and 1 Ember in the AP.

The ember are still relatively uncommon but the poor Spitfires! sad.gif