DragonNighthowler

What Dragon Will Go Rare Next?

I joined in late 2009. Those were the days that frills and old pinks were cave-blockers, when reds and blacks were common. >.< Back then, I picked up a female frill but no male, a black (but from the AP! not CB), a mint and an old pink hatchling which I didn't get enough views for and froze.

After taking a year-long hiatus, I came back... and immediately began hitting myself over all three of those poor decisions.

From the current cave-blockers, I believe nocturnes (and possibly electrics) have the highest possibility of becoming rares. In addition, I see a lot of those desert spitfires sitting on the AP nowadays... I don't think the spitfires will stay so accessible in the future.

It's funny though. Earth/green dragons are still as common as ever, even if reds, whites, and pinks have now become uncommon. You don't see that many stones before either :/

From the current cave-blockers, I believe nocturnes (and possibly electrics) have the highest possibility of becoming rares. In addition, I see a lot of those desert spitfires sitting on the AP nowadays... I don't think the spitfires will stay so accessible in the future.

I just abandoned my Spitfire misclick and now I'm worried. >_<

I just abandoned my Spitfire misclick and now I'm worried. >_<

Here's a little hint: stripes aren't found in the desert wink.gif

I've been a big fan of whites since I've joined, so when I see them in the AP I always click them to see their lineage, but lately I haven't really seen them . Also ridgewings . The only time I see one is when I breed them myself .

Here's a little hint: stripes aren't found in the desert wink.gif

I know. That's the worst part. ;_; It's instinctive. D=

I'm going to say pebbles/greens. It used to be the reds that sat in the cave forever, those slowly went away... pinks used to as well and those just up and left. Skywings/Frills used to also and those... well we know what happened to the other half. So pebbles will probably be next if you look at all the used-to-be-cave-blockers-now-gone-uncommon/rare eggs...

I, myself, have never bothered to pick up and original pink. I went inactive for a few months of cave hinting and came back to find they had been replaced- I regret that decision of mine.

As soon as the moonstones stop mass releasing, they'll be gone so fast... x3 BTW, are embers becoming more common? I just caught 3 within the last hour o.O

I'm gonna say that fogs are gonna be the next to go. Everyone's going to be so sick of them clogging up the AP/Cave that they'll start to love 'em.

BSA's are already starting to become uncommon.

You don't see that many stones before either :/

This. When I was a newbie, I didn't see one stone at all. Hardly ever. and now they're really common.

Seen many CB Mints lately? They no longer linger in the AP, and I'll need more CBs for a couple of my projects!

I have only seen one mint since the biome update. I was waiting to get the ones I needed because they were so plentiful, but now I can't find any no matter how long I hunt >.<

As soon as the moonstones stop mass releasing, they'll be gone so fast... x3

Ugh, I don't want to think about that. And hopefully people will want Sunstones too, or CB ones will litter the AP like CB Spitfires. >_>

BSA's are already starting to become uncommon.

I saw someone offer a tinsel for 4 CB red hatchies. I really wish the Reds shared their BSA with some other dragon, but I can understand why they don't. -sigh- I'm reluctant to let a red dragon on my scroll even if they're super useful.

Im trying to raise all the clogging commons now as CBs befor they get rare so I can brag about all the CB water horses I have! tongue.gif

I saw someone offer a tinsel for 4 CB red hatchies. I really wish the Reds shared their BSA with some other dragon, but I can understand why they don't. -sigh- I'm reluctant to let a red dragon on my scroll even if they're super useful.

They should really make Ember or Magma dragons have the Incubate BSA, it makes more sense actually. Even Hellfires. Hellfires should get a BSA like incubate, but with more of a chance of failure because it's from the fires of hell.

They should really make Ember or Magma dragons have the Incubate BSA, it makes more sense actually. Even Hellfires. Hellfires should get a BSA like incubate, but with more of a chance of failure because it's from the fires of hell.

Well, Hellfires are pretty and so are in high demand. Magmas are rare and so are in high demand. I don't think they'll get BSAs. Personally, I despise Red dragons, so their BSA is a good way to make them more desirable. (Although now they're in super high demand. >_>) Sharing the BSA with Embers would be fine though I think as they're uncommon-common.

Well, Hellfires are pretty and so are in high demand. Magmas are rare and so are in high demand. I don't think they'll get BSAs. Personally, I despise Red dragons, so their BSA is a good way to make them more desirable. (Although now they're in super high demand. >_>) Sharing the BSA with Embers would be fine though I think as they're uncommon-common.

right here with ya, but I do owe someone a few red hatchies for a tinsel. and I cant get anything! Im breeding my reds like crazy and can't get anything!!

I would say reds, I've been nabbing them for a month or two and they are definitely more sparse than before. But I have had sparse offeirng them for tinsels. I've had 6 CB hatchies for a bit and haven't gotten any offers for them.

Edited by Vhale

Surprised no one mentioned vampires wink.gif

my last post was a while ago before the cave change but since biomes came out hellfires and nebulas have been much easier to get, imo.

I've been having the devil's own time snagging Seasonals from the Cave. Last night I camped out in the Forest, trying to catch a Summer; I sat there refreshing almost continuously for 30 minutes, and only saw 1 Summer (missed it, too dry.gif )

Fortunately I snagged one this afternoon. Now I need one for Fifth Element, and I'll be done for the season.

To me its shallow water.

because alot.png of my dc friends told me that its hard to breed and its true.

I tried to breed them a few times and they all turned out t be water dragons. Though most of them eggs died

Edited by ozys

@NinjaBlood: I've seen Waterwalkers in the Forest, oftenish.

Been seeing more of them than Seasonals, actually…

The biomes have really helped me out a bit in getting whites, and Teleport's done wonders for me to trade for them, so I'm pretty satisfied.

I even got a pair of CB reds I like breeding from time to time to get more incubate ^^. I admit I'm one of the guilty ones who mass breeds her reds to keep all the babies for incubate's sake alone. Ugh, such ugly, inbred guys, but serve their purpose and never leave my scroll.

I think reds will go the way of blacks eventually. With the new egg limit, reds are in high demand. Before the new release, I always tried to snag at least one or two red eggs every hunt. Once I have my quota of new dragons, I'll go back to trying for more reds. I wish something else could incubate, reds are taking over my scroll! lol

I'm thinking Albinos and Seasonals.

I really dislike albinos tho. haha theyre so ugly!

Awh, I love the Albinos. <3

I honestly have no clue which dragons might go through a rare phase next. It's got me paranoid, so I'm trying to collect bits of everything quick. X3

It took me over a month to pick up my first Nocturne, and another two months to get my second, three months before my first girl dropped her first Nocturne egg. Six months ago they were breeding like rares, and a number of us were having trouble finding them in the cave or the AP. Get them while you can, because they are gorgeous and so different. While there are still Nocturnes in the Alpine Biome most of the time, I see far more Grays, Stones, Purple Dorsals, Horses, Greens, Neo-Tropicals and Canopies in the AP at this point. Seems like there is generally some combination of those breeds every time I'm hunting. Nocturnes move through faster than those species.

Seen many CB Mints lately? They no longer linger in the AP, and I'll need more CBs for a couple of my projects!

Canopies move faster than Nocturnes in AP/biome even when they're both CCC-qualifying breed of July.

And trust me, they'll both block their respective biomes again as soon as this month's CCC is over...