DragonNighthowler

What Dragon Will Go Rare Next?

Actually, I think Nebulas will soon become more common. More people are grabbing them, their numbers go up, more people get them, soon enough, people will get tired of them. We'll be seeing them everywhere.

But I agree on Balloons. I grabbed a CB egg off the AP because I thought to myself "I want to end up with enough if they go rare". Luckily, I have one pair of CB Frills from before they were discontinued. Don't want to make the same mistake.

my vote goes to ridge wings. you rarely see them in the cave anymore and i haven't seen a ridge wing in the AP for a long time. It may just be me but i seem to have trouble breeding them now. The tan ridge wings especially.

Edited by Doylj

I'm voting for vampires. Based on the statistics thread, the success rate has plummeted *bigtime* in the past few months, and it shows no sign of letting up. If it keeps up, eventually I think they will be the new "rare".

I'm voting for vampires. Based on the statistics thread, the success rate has plummeted *bigtime* in the past few months, and it shows no sign of letting up. If it keeps up, eventually I think they will be the new "rare".

this is how i see the ratios for vamps:

BEFORE:

success:50%

repulsed:25%

killed:25%

NOW:

success:5%

repulsed: 5%

killed:90%

i think TJ is making fun of us with his dragon-god powers...

Edited by Doylj

Vamps are rare already. laugh.gif

I, myself, define a "Rare" as anything that would be snatched up in two seconds on the AP or in the cave. "Rare" is what everyone wants to trade 4:1 for. I dunno about you guys, but I'd trade anything for a vampire, silver, or gold... Some people are more lucky at getting them than others. In the end, when it comes to grabbing, the person with the fastest internet has the advantage. :/

I agree on the Nocturnes (Didn't see 'em). They SIT in the cave forever! In the next year, it'll get worse, like the pinks and frills did. Then their demand will go way up, eventually.

Edited by Ponessa

I merged your thread with an existing thread with the same topic.

I think it will be reds next. There has been such a population explosion since the biomes were put in place, I would expect that unless TJ has changed their ratios, they are due for a dip soon.

I think whites. Since blacks and stripes are not breeding, people will turn to the next popular thing to breed to prizes and metals, which seems to be white dragons.

Hm.

I think the dragons with breeding-related BSAs will go uncommon/rare. Everyone seems to make a dash for the Pinks when they're in the cave, and I've only seen a Red in the cave three times, I think. Never managed to grab it.

Reds are kind of uncommonish already. In the trade threads, almost everyone posts, I'll trade this for 2 CB Red hatchies or something like that, mostly because of their Incubate BSA. Two months ago, I saw Reds in the AP and no one really wanted them.

Whites might go rare too, I guess. And I have a bad feeling about Albinos too.

I'm guessing that one of the two new desert sands releases will become like the red dorsal - not rare, but at least less common than its counterpart. Just speculation, though.

From what I can see, vamps are quickly slipping into rare territory. I'm too afraid to bite any eggs since there seems to be a 90% chance that it'll kill. D:

And reds are, in my opinion, still rather easy to get. They still sit for a decent amount of time in the desert and don't go as fast as nebulas.

I haven't seen albinos or balloons for a loong time. I almost want to start hoarding them now.

ninja.gif'd already... Well this isn't really in the discussion since they don't "breed" but what about the sudden surge in the kill ratio of the "common" vampire? To my understanding they were supposed to be a "common" as well. Used to be you'd see them repluse every day several times at least a day to the ap and a goodly portion eventually stayed on their owners scroll. Now? The Kill ratio is so high at the moment that only those with "armies" can afford (mostly knowing we'll do kills) to take the high losses to gain another eggie. As new players come in they'll find it increasingly difficult to look for this Halloween dragon. Now, maybe they're just in a bad cycle and the Cave is trying to right the numbers but I'd sure not want to be someone new trying to find one available right now. Edited by Misha

Most of the drastic changes mentioned in the first post had to do with a BSA being introduced or a dragon being discontinued. Hopefully no more dragons will be discontinued, but a new BSA could make a shift happen for sure. I guess if I was going to place a bet, I'd say that TJ might increase the effectiveness of the Fertility BSA (which currently has little noticeable effect even on commons), at which point purples would suddenly become rare.

Some things are just unpredictable, though. Blacks and vines became less common when their alt eggs stopped being visible, but why did blacks become super-rare while vines just became ordinary? I guess the DC community in general just likes the black sprites better, plus of course, as everyone knows, everything goes with black. ;-)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Nocturnes.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Nocturnes.

I sort of think so too, actually. I'm already seeing less and less of them in the cave and the AP. They're just too cool to become regular old cave-blockers xd.png Although I don't think they'll ever be uncommon/rare.

I sort of think so too, actually. I'm already seeing less and less of them in the cave and the AP. They're just too cool to become regular old cave-blockers  xd.png  Although I don't think they'll ever be uncommon/rare.

What. They always freaking block the cave, even when this month's CCC is asking for Nocturnes. Also, I really, really hope Daydreams will never become rare. I still need a bunch for my even, purebred Silly lineage. x_x

What dragon is going to be rare hard to get? Dorsals? The water dragon (shallow puddle)? The fur dragon?

Edited by kiyoura

When I first got my scroll...back in November 2008 - Blacks and Vines were so common there was always a wall of them blocking the main cave and a million of them in the AP. Old pinks were terribly common too. Back then I didn't 'get' the big deal of having CB's and while I have plenty of black dragons...only one is a CB.

Now Blacks and Vines are impossible to get - Blacks especially. Moral of the story? Get those 'annoying' commons while you can because eventually they may become very hard to find or, worse yet, retired like the old pinks and the frills.

I think perhaps Balloon dragons will continue to become more difficult to find, which makes my 99 Red Balloon CB army goal a little more difficult. With the CCC, perhaps Nocturnes will lose their common status as well.

What. They always freaking block the cave, even when this month's CCC is asking for Nocturnes.

It took me over a month to pick up my first Nocturne, and another two months to get my second, three months before my first girl dropped her first Nocturne egg. Six months ago they were breeding like rares, and a number of us were having trouble finding them in the cave or the AP. Get them while you can, because they are gorgeous and so different. While there are still Nocturnes in the Alpine Biome most of the time, I see far more Grays, Stones, Purple Dorsals, Horses, Greens, Neo-Tropicals and Canopies in the AP at this point. Seems like there is generally some combination of those breeds every time I'm hunting. Nocturnes move through faster than those species.

Seen many CB Mints lately? They no longer linger in the AP, and I'll need more CBs for a couple of my projects!

I'm quite new to the game so I couldn't see any cycles in how often certain breeds are found.

I just think uncommon breeds are sometimes too uncommon (e.g. Blacks, I only saw a hatchie once in the AP, of course I was too slow to get it), rares too rare and common breeds much too common.

I hope this is the right thread to ask this biggrin.gif

My break started when reds where very common. What are they now?

Edited by Kurtos

I've seen reds. I am having trouble getting CB Balloons and Waverrunners - right after I said here somewhere I was going to start a lineage. sad.gif

I think Hellfires and Sunsongs. Their sprites are very beautiful, making them ideal for lineage projects.

I think I would die if whites went rare though >:

I'm quite new to the game so I couldn't see any cycles in how often certain breeds are found.

I just think uncommon breeds are sometimes too uncommon (e.g. Blacks, I only saw a hatchie once in the AP, of course I was too slow to get it), rares too rare and common breeds much too common.

I came back from a long hiatus. (Longer than 1 year) things have changed and I have experienced this.

I also noticed on my return that people are far too concerned about generation now. The blacks, whites, metallics and rares I do have have big lineages and even if I decide to breed them to trade no one will want to trade with me. They are just worthless, and it's sad. Its sad that a site like this has to become like wajas even though generation has no influence on the performance or use of one dragon.

So, while I have rares, or "once common but now rares", I don't believe I'd get much of anywhere breeding and trading their babies so I'll just let them sit there.

Edited by Kiritora

It took me over a month to pick up my first Nocturne, and another two months to get my second, three months before my first girl dropped her first Nocturne egg.  Six months ago they were breeding like rares, and a number of us were having trouble finding them in the cave or the AP.  Get them while you can, because they are gorgeous and so different.  {-snip-}

Seen many CB Mints lately?  They no longer linger in the AP, and I'll need more CBs for a couple of my projects!

Oh, the irony. It hurts! I need both those for lineages. I really should get cracking on the Nocturnes...

When I joined, mints were on of those AP/cave cloggers. I read about their size, and decided I'd never breed a mint to a non-mint. From there, I decided I'd make a huge freakin' even-gen PB Mint linage. Luckily, I didn't procrastinate. But I still take CB Mints when I can. CB Mints used to just sit on the AP... just today, I tried to grab one and missed. blink.gif I almost never see them "clogging" the cave anymore, either.

And the Nocturnes, 'spose I shoud grab a few before they're gone, too. xd.png

EDIT:

I hope this is the right thread to ask this biggrin.gif

My break started when reds where very common. What are they now?

CBs are snapped up extremely fast because of their BSA and new limits. Not rare, but one of the few breeds you can trade regardless of lineage, at least as hatchies.

Edited by AlternateMew