DragonNighthowler

What Dragon Will Go Rare Next?

I know we have a "Bring Back the Black" thread, which I can see is quiet an issue. But I wanted to mak awareness of every other common dragon breed that's becoming progressively rare. I believe quiet a few of us have use for this, previously, common dragons, and need them for lineages or whichever reasons we can think of. I, for example, am in need of whites, and from time to time I happen to find one, but it is quiet difficult to come across them, and even harder for us, "Slow Connection Sinners", to catch them.

In over two years of being a member of DC, I have never had the chance to come across a silver, or a gold. I know it's practically impossible for me to adquire a neglected as I just don't have the heart to experiment. I've been lucky in the past by being gifted a Yule from a very generous soul, and being able to catch my 09 valentines which came from beautiful lineage CB parents (I consider myself fortunate)

However, while I'd love to have a CB silver male of my own, it's not something I'm very bothered about. They are rare, very rare and many people are on the catch for them, so that's something I assume, and live with it. I admit I'm not very good at games.

But the thing that previously common dragons are getting rarer as time passes is something that annoys me, as I do have plans for them, and while not yet silver or gold dragons, they are getting close. Sometimes, out of frustration, I feel the need to just drop my proyects and start something new, with something more common, but how can I? As these dragons start to become more wanted, and people start mass breeding them, they'll become rare as well. I might dare to say they are even being replaced by new releases.

As much as I love new releases, I'm not sure whether they are actually hurting the ratios of older eggs. I do not want to imply not to release more eggs, of course not, I think this is what makes DC great, the almost monthly new release. But I do believe ratios should be revised to bring back the commonness of common eggs.

This has been requested many times without any result, but I do believe this is an ongrowing problem in DC, and something should be done about it.

Blacks, for example, have become so rare that, when breeding them to a Trio, you get more chances of getting a trio than a black.

Pinks became a nuisance, and now they are practically gone from the cave.

Whites, while not overly common, there where normally more than 5 of them per drop, and now I have to lurk for hours to catch them.

And so on.

What is engaging about this game is how I can collect dragons and play the game in a minimum ammount of time, which is great for really busy people like me. But this great advantage is going down the drain when, to play how I wish (creating lineages), I have to spend hours and hours trying to catch these rare commons.

Therefore, I insist, ratious should be revised. I'm not sure how, but one of the most interesting ideas was making a percentage of ratios being CB (for example 20% CB), which, if it can be programmed, is appealing.

Well, that's one idea. This thread is up to debate and bring up some way to return the common dragons.

Is this a discussion, a suggestion, or a rant?

Forcing the ratios to make more (desirable) CBs in an interesting idea, though I'm not sure how viable.

I think the planned introduction of biomes will alleviate this problem.

Pinks and Hellfires are easy to breed (at least for me), but I haven't seen CB blacks or pinks for ages!

I think the planned introduction of biomes will alleviate this problem.

Not necessarily. How will it? It is the ratios that are saying "don't put X in the cave, we have plenty". How will biomes change the ratios to make it where the cave will want to spit more of X breed, despite there being lots of bred ones in circulation.

All biomes will do is maybe make it easier to spot a specific rare common, but then again, it might be harder too, for if everyone else is in that biome looking for it then it will be snapped up in a flash.

Edited by Nectaris

I miss the CB stripes. ._. I never got to finish my two pairs. I need one CB stripe male. I've finished my collections of everything else pretty much, but it's still strange to see people trading 2nd gen golds for CB pinks. o_o

There was a suggestion a while back that proposed flexible ratios for commons that changed on their own depending on how quickly certain eggs were snatched out of the cave. So, for example, more nebulas and stripes would be produced with time while drops that sit in the cave forever are reduced in frequency. It was here, and I'd still love to see that implemented.

Edited by AngelKitty

That's a magnificent idea, Angelkitty!

Nix, perhaps a bit of the three. But I was merely focusing into discussing and seeking solutions to this issue.

I miss the CB stripes. ._. I never got to finish my two pairs. I need one CB stripe male. I've finished my collections of everything else pretty much, but it's still strange to see people trading 2nd gen golds for CB pinks. o_o

There was a suggestion a while back that proposed flexible ratios for commons that changed on their own depending on how quickly certain eggs were snatched out of the cave. So, for example, more nebulas and stripes would be produced with time while drops that sit in the cave forever are reduced in frequency. It was here, and I'd still love to see that implemented.

Me too, the only problem that TJ pointed out was that it would count the eggs still in queue. I hope that that is an issue that could be fixed.

Pinks and Hellfires are easy to breed (at least for me), but I haven't seen CB blacks or pinks for ages!

well techinically they are all easy to breed...

but it's a lot more rare to see a cb hellfire or nebula

I would like to see this as well.

As far as the biomes-- to a point, biomes would help, in the sense that some commons would be easier to spot... or at least, you'd see them more often, because you'd have (hypothetically-- don't argue with my numbers, I'm making them up) say 1 nebula in every 30 eggs in one biome, as opposed to 1 nebula in every 90 or 120 eggs in the cave right now. That wouldn't make nebulas more common, but they'd be a lot easier to spot while you're hunting, even if there's still too much competition to catch them.

I think the suggested programming change would be more effective and generally more welcome in the game... though I can only imagine the datamonster and lagmonster will have a field day if it's ever implemented. Stripes, blacks, pinks-- these were meant to be common, despite how things have turned out. Balloons, whiptails, dorsals-- these things were meant to be common, but not nearly as common as they are. Self-adjusting code, while difficult to program in the first place, would evolve with the shifting desires of the players, whether based on BSAs, lineage projects, or just "this one is prettier."

Three or four months ago, people were asking about Nocturnes, complaining that they never saw them. A couple of weeks ago, they became very visible in the Cave again. I managed to pick up 7 of the Cave-born, to add to the one CB and other multi-gen that I already had. There were a LOT of Vines dropping just after Christmas. I see that the different types seem to come and go in waves. I suspect the Stripes and Nebulas will come back around as well. You just need the be ready when they start dropping.

i've actually caught a couple Cb Stripes recently i try to resist clicking on anything but the colored marking eggs and eventually i get lucky. My CB Stripe just hatched!

Things cycle through periods of more common and less common. You just need to be patient. Patience is part of the game - otherwise, we'd not have a time limit on when eggs can hatch or hatchies grow up, BSA limits.

Patience and determination.

As recently as last night, I've seen CB pinks in the cave, together with the odd purple, a lot of Nocturnes, and a stripe or two, so there's hope yet smile.gif

I have seen a couple of CB Pinks, a good few Nocturnes, but I think the rarest thing I've seen in the Cave recently was a Thunder (Which I missed out of pure stupidity). I haven't seen a CB Black since I took a break from DC, and I think I saw my first White in a while today.

Though "It's bright! And pink!" may just as well refer to a Flamingo. At least it did for every single "pink" egg in the cave that I clicked this past week.

Things do cycle; there are a lot more electrics dropping lately, for instance, and somewhat more trios. But black dragons are a special case because of intensive breeding for alts, which are highly sought after. I doubt CB blacks will ever become accessible to most players unless the ratios are somehow adjusted to make that happen. (Or unless some other dragon gets an alt form that people want even more -- that might do it.)

It's hard to say what effect the upcoming changes will have, since we're not only getting biomes but also increased limits and Fertility. So multiple caves to hunt in, plus more eggs being grabbed from the cave, plus changes to breeding -- I'm not sure what the combined effect on cave hunting will be.

Like dragongrrl said, I remember when I had a hard time finding Nocturnes, and now they're in the cave and the AP. I haven't found a CB Gray in a while, though. I think they do cycle, like CoraxG said. I saw a CB Black about a month ago.

Out of all the suggestions that have n=been made to fix such a problem, I like separate ratios for breeding and dropped CB dragons best. It will help get CB versions of the breed out more, but it won't help with breeding....which is a problem. I have noticed from what people have said how hard it is to get even a bred black now and would instead get its rare mate. I don't breed my dragons often and can't relate to the breeders, but I still find this ridiculous. I must say that things have been different after the hardware installation. Dragons have been breeding "better" and there seems to be rares abound in almost impossible amounts. I thought the influx was normal, since the cave was down for a while, but things are still the same after a month now. I'm wanting to think a new "system" is being tested out, but I'm not going to say for sure right now...

If it's any consolation I don't breed my blacks, nebulas, or even vines. I only have a few pairings for one or two pinks, stripes, and other uncommons. I quickly set my trios up with the "Mid Winter Madness" eggs (electric, canopy, nocturne) to help even the ratios when they first came out. My other dragons I like to breed are set up with magis, neos, whiptails, and more magis. Some of the breeds I don't breed are ones I have plenty of what I want, but I want other people to be able to find their CB pinks and vines too, so I rarely breed them, if ever.

(I searched for a thread

similar to make sure I

wasn't spamming. Didn't

find one. My bad if I'm wrong D: )

So I've been on Dragcave a long time. Back in my day, pinks,

frills, daydreams, and skywings would sit on the AP for DAYS.

No one wanted them. Now pinks are in high-demand, frills are

gone completely, and skywings/daydreams get snatched up! I

never thought I'd see that happen!

Now it's a new time. Dorsals, storms, and earth dragons are clogging

the AP. Spitfires are starting to hang there, as well as orchedrakes

and deep-sea dragons. It's obvious that "fads" come and go,

demands change, and so do the ratios.

So, I was wondering: Which dragons will be next?

Personally, I think storms, earths, and guardian dragons will be

the next ones to start disappearing. They've been around a very

long time and they sit in the AP, just like pinks and frills did. No

one wanted anything to do with them. I wanted to know what other

members of Dragcave think will be the new "in-demand" dragons.

You forgot Nocturnes. They're probably good candidates too, Nocturnes and Pebbles.

I personally think nocturnes will go uncommon for a while.

In the CCC *pokes siggy* we've been raising them like mad. I think we just hit about 1,800 or so of them raised this month.

My vote would be on nocturnes since the CCC is raising them all. tongue.gif

I know that many people are concerned with reds becoming more rare because the increase in the limits has brought about an increase in incubates needed if you want to take an day off of all your eggs. More people are trying to build their red army right now so we may see a drop in their population but I don't think it would be anything long term. These things seem to cycle so for the most part we just have to wait them out until they become more common again. Blacks and stripes, due to lineage usage, are the exceptions to that "rule."

Edit: Ninjaed by Pink. tongue.gif Great minds think alike.

Edited by Sir Barton

Oh no, I sure hope Nocturnes don't become less common. Why would you say that, what is this blasphemy? Are people attempting this on purpose? I'll fight em on the beaches, in the woods, in a box with a fox if I have to.

Uh, anyways. I think Nebulas and Balloons will become even more rare in time... and Embers.

[Edit]

And Vampires! How could I forget Vampires. Out of sight, out of mind I suppose =o

Edited by Nine