Fortune86

The Power Inside

Gwen nodded and smiled at the other two girls, but did not take her eyes off Ceil. For the past two years she had spent nearly every day fighting monsters alongside the other Summoner's in Khemm with little fear, but something about this man frightened her to her shoes.

It wasn't just his attitude, but perhaps his Fiend as well. Gwen had once been poisoned by a monster shortly after she started fighting and she had very nearly died. Ever since then she had been wary about dark type monsters and Fiends.

The secretary led Merric back up to Jyeh's office and bowed him into the room.

"Master Merric my Lord" he said before shuffling out backwards and closing the door.

"Ah Merric" said Jyeh sorting some papers on his desk. "I have a small errand for you to run. Do you have time to spare for a trip over to Zedith Myrk?"

"Told him to drop the master and sir stuff, hope that guy listens better when you say something." Merric said and smiled as the secretary let him in Jyeh's office. "Anyway, Zedih Myrk, you say? Yeah, sure, what'cha want me to do there?" Merric was curious, he didn't even expect Lord Jyeh to know him, but tried to cover up his curiosity best as possible and acted normal like he would do with anyone.

“My mother is upstairs,” Lisa thought hard, “Doing... something... Would you like to talk to her?” She was still wondering why the priest had chosen this exact house to visit (there had to be more to his story of a bird whispering in his ear,) but she was trying to be polite. Lisa closed the door, and walked towards the living room, signalling that the man should follow. Her family’s house didn’t have the nicest of hallways, and with Lisa’s mother being the house wife she was, they always had a cookie jar or some form of sweets in their living room just in case guests came.

The girl’s blue eyes stared at the man with curiosity. Why was he here? Apart from herself, this family was about as boring as it could get. Maybe she was the reason he was here? Questions where running through her mind, and eventually, she just had to ask them. “What exactly are you hoping to find here?” She asked, hoping her short height an young looks made her seem like a curious kid instead of a rude teen.

When the girl asked Artur if he wanted to talk to her mother, he laughed and said: "I believe you're the one my little friend told me about. Not your mother." He smiled as the girl led him to the house's living room.

He smiled again after the girl's next question. Straight to the point she goes, I like that. "Mind if I sit down for a moment first before answering? I'm a bit tired from the long walk here." Without awaiting the girl's answer he took a chair and sat himself. "Now, to return to your question, dear girl. I was hoping to find a little gem hiding in here." He smiled again. "One that hides in there." He continued, moving his hand to his chest and whispering his magic word once again. "Lux" At that moment the gem on his staff lighted up again and with a small flash of light, Sprite appeared, sitting on his shoulder. He smiled at the girl. "You see what I mean?"

Kaylee looked over at the three girls and sighed. She had always wished she could be a social butterfly like some people, but she could never gather up enough courage to actually go up and start a conversation. She quickly looked at the ground near her feet, hoping that they would be continuing the tour soon.

Jyen spread the papers out on his desk until he located the piece of parchment he was after.

"It has come to my attention that there is a Summoner there. A girl called Lisa Joy McKinnon. She's only sixteen so we don't need to worry too much yet, but I want you to go there and gently drop a few hints to her and her family that we are aware she has the gift and what it is we expect of her. Be subtle mind. I don't a repeat of Lowe's perfomance. The best way to introduce yourself is not by tearing the roof off someone's house at three in the morning. That sort of thing only upsets people."

“Of course Haruhi.” she replied smiling. Soon Imari notice one of the other girls watching them. She didn’t know her name yet and felt a bit upset with herself for having a chance to have met everyone and learning their names. I should make a point to meet up with everyone after the tour she thought to herself. She waited eagerly on what Ceil was going to do or say next, hopefully showing where they were going to live and sleep for the next year.

"If none of you like it you can push off. It makes no matter to me if you're here or in one of Jyeh's dungeons." Well, he does have a point... Better to go to school than to go to prison. Arden thought heading back to Imari. Gwen was standing there too and the girl... Arden didn’t know her name yet. She probably would soon enough, though. As she had said, three are better than one. Speaking of witch... “Mind if we make that three four?” She asked. “Maybe if we get enough people to gang up against this guy, he’ll lose some of his attitude.” She grinned slightly, not too sure if she was serious or not. Ciel didn’t exactly scare her; he was just rude... and a tad bit intimidating. But that would probably pass quickly. Most things passed quickly for Arden.

Haruhi looked at the girl who joined them.

"That might work, but he seems very cocky..." She said to the girl.

"But hey, the more the merrier."

Merric laughed when Jyeh mentioned Lowe's incident. He'd never seen it, but he remembered hearing about it. The guy had actually summoned his giant Fiend to blow off some kid summoner's roof. Poor thing was frightened to death by him. "No worries, lord. It's not like my little Hawke can tear off an entire roof. Anyway, I'll leave right away."

((This reminds me: the army doesn't have horses either, or do they? Since Hawke can't carry him and travel by foot would take a while.))

Lisa blushed slightly at Artur’s reaction. “Of course.” She answered quickly. With Lisa about to offer him something to drink, the priest continued talking. A smile started growing on the girl’s face as she realised what the man meant. He was a summoner! And he was here for her. This was soooo cool. Her hand went towards her chest and she whispered, “Jorda.” Out of the ground a wolf appeared, and Lisa bent down and scratched her fiend behind its ears.

She looked up at Artur and Sprite. An idea came to her, and before she even had time to think, she blurted out, “Will you train me?” She quickly froze and stared down at the ground, her cheeks beet red. “I... I mean, only if you want to...”

Diana looked at the man doubtfully. Despite him being older than her, she was not scared of him. Oh no, she was not. "You call a boy Scarhead? I find that quite sickening." She desperately wanted to spit at his feet. Her sapphire eyes cold, she turned around, making her way back into the throng of students.

Selphie did not particularly like that man...he had horrid manners. Even if this was a monster fighting school, one could afford to be less abusive in language. But here was better than the dungeons, anyways. She'd suck it up for now.

She just stood there as the girl said "Mind if we make three four?". Did she mean her? Ah, it would be nice to talk to someone. "Umm...sure, if you mean me.", and went over to Arden's direction.

Wes gave the teacher another look before going to walk over to the healer, but a girl with somewhat strange hair cut in front of him. To his surprise, she was actually standing up for him. Wes could not help but grin behind his hand at some of the things she said. However, his smile instantly vanished as Ceil began to talk back.

"I'll call you what ever I damn well like until you've proven to me that your worth otherwise." Wes' mouth hung open for a second before he replied.

"Oh, what, so anyone who gets cut is gonna be 'Scarhead' now?" He turned his head around and he hoped to get some of the students' favor. They were probably thinking the same thing Wes was, the only difference is that he could say it. "Well if we're going to give names, then how 'bout we all call you Mr. censorkip.gif , 'cuz that's who you are right now!" Maybe he went a little too far on that one, but it was definitely true. "And I'll keep calling you that 'till you prove your worth something to us!"

((edit: yeah I should censor that. And I don't know what to do with Kiyser still :/))

Edited by earwig

Kaylee's head shot up when she heard Wes yelling at the teacher. She smirked when Wes made up a nickname for Ceil, and decided to play along. "Mr. censorkip.gif , when will we continue the tour?" she said as innocently as possible, trying to supress a laugh.

Edited by angelkay

"Umm...sure, if you mean me." Arden smiled at newcomer. “I guess that makes us five.” One of the girls Arden didn’t know quite yet was expressing her feelings of their teacher, along with scarhead (She should probably try and figure out what his name actually was.)Another girl joined in, and Arden chuckled. “Actually, make that... six, seven, eight... Eight. You know, we might actually have a chance of changing this guy. Or getting into serious trouble.” She smiled, and turned her head slightly so she could see the action. If Ciel continued with his attitude, Arden might just want to join in.

"Okay Scarhead and Sheep, I think I've just found two volunteers to clean out the toilets" smirked Ceil. "I don't think they've been done for a few months now."

He turned away from the students and rapped hard on Rosa's door.

"Send Scarhead on when you're done with him. The rest of you follow me."

He started down the left hand corridor from the infirmary, not caring if they followed him or not.

Gwen looked round at the others. It didn't seem like any one was off to a good start with their new teacher.

((By Sheep he means Kaylee.))

~~~

"Good" nodded Jyeh. "I look forward to your report."

Edited by Fortune86

"Sheep? Where in the hell did he get that nickname?" Kaylee thought angrily, not wanting to follow after him. She decided to stay where she was and wait for Wes, since they were going to be cleaning toilets for who knows how long.

Haruhi looked at Gwen and Imari. "Okay... That was...Strange. Should we follow?" She asked. She waited for them to respond

"I think we should" said Gwen quietly. "We have to spend the next year here and I don't want to make enemies with this guy. I know he's a bully, but if we stick together it'll be alright."

She gave her new friends a reassuring grin.

"Our job is to fight monsters remember? If he wants to be a jerk, let him."

Looking at what is going on Imari saw trouble coming and fast. “Guys I have a little” she fell silent a bit be for she spoke “request. How about we not take this guy on now, let’s wait and see what kind of person he is.” It was just an idea she wanted to point out. She doesn’t want to fall victim to become a toilet cleaning lady and she was pretty sure the rest didn’t want to either. Soon she she indicated to the rest she was going to follow Ceil for the hope of the rest of the tour and also hoping someone might agree to her "request".

Haruhi nodded. "I think he's more of a monster than a bully... Should we fight him?" She joked making sure Ceil didn't hear her.

"As long as we stick together we'll survive." She smiled at everyone

"Sure Imari, better safe than sorry"

Edited by XLaurentX

Gwen nodded.

"Okay Imari. Besides you might have a point. My dad always says you can't judge a book by its cover."

She looked over at Ceil and realised he was already half way down the new corridor.

"Come one, we're going to be left behind!"

"Yeah... We better get going before we don't know where what is. I hate getting lost because it's so troublesome." Haruhi rubbed the back of her head and started walking down the corridor.

Rolling her eyes, Diana stuck her hands in her pockets and slouched. They were all going to be wimps, waiting to confront this guy. Maybe they could one day take him on, using their Fiends... Yawning, she started to walk after him. There was no use in not staying with the tour, as she'd need to know where to go later. There was one thing bugging her, though - had she just gotten in the man's bad books? It would be quite unsatisfactory if she got a job like cleaning the toilets...

"Yeah, sure. Let's catch up to him before we get lost." Selphie started walking down the corridor with the others.

Hah, Mr. censorkip.gif. What a fitting name.