Fortune86

The Power Inside

"Of course" said Rosa with a smile. "And don't mind Ceil. He might come across an arrogant bully but he's a good teacher. You'll learn a lot from him."

Standing up she reached out and gently touched Wesley's forehead. At the same time the furry snake began to wave its head back and forth. A warm pinkish glow appeared from Wesley's forehead and when Rosa removed her hand both the wound and the blood were gone, leaving only smooth skin behind.

"That should do. Now hurry along and join the others."

((From this point on Rosa is a true NPC. If anyone gets hurt or needs aid you can all take control of her to heal your characters, just please don't change her personality too much. She's the kind motherly type.))

((We won't Fortune, promise.

I get to be mean with Ceil first, okay guys?))

Haruhi walked ahead of the others so if they were late she could tell them what they missed

Edited by XLaurentX

((I wasn't mean enough? tongue.gif

@timpieh are you coming to go get Kiyser? That would kind of be helpful...))

As Rosa touched Wes' head, he felt an incredible urge to scratch and claw at the spot she was healing. The sensation was strange and terrifying, he could literally feel his skin reform and weld together again. When she had finished, he put his hand up to his face again. No blood. No cut. Nothing. His jaw dropped.

"Uh-guh-whaba-huuuuuh?" He had no idea what had just happened. "Did...did you~?" He began. Had he just been healed by magic? Even the blood on his fingers was gone, and the strips of cloth were clean. He could not comprehend what had just happened, he expected her to come at him with a hook and stitches and a bandage...but this? This was something else entirely. "Thankyou so much!" He tilted his hat at her and walked out the door to find Kaylee there. His face turned a little glumb. "So I guess we have to go clean the..." he held a straight face at her. He felt he did not need to say the last word. "Yeah..."

Arden laughed. “How could I forget that madam Haruhi? You just keep cracking jokes, and I’ll find names to match.” She smiled. “We’ll be a team. Since we’re all trying to bring down Monster Man anyways.” That name was probably going to stick with poor Ciel for the rest of the year. She wondered briefly what would happen if someone accidentally called him that to his face. How many toilets were there to clean here?

“Oh, Hi Selphie” Arden smiled at her. Picking up her pace again, she waved at everyone to follow ”We’re falling behind guys!”

"Sure, we'll be a team Arden!" Haruhi called back because she was ahead of everyone and she was jogging backwards that she could see them. "Come on guys, get a move o-" She didn't get the rest of her sentence out before tripping and falling on her bum. She started laughing.

Ceil walked straight past the newly healed Wesley and the waiting Kaylee and strode down the other corridor. Unlike the previous corridor this one led to a single door which he pushed open and stepped through.

Gwen hurried after him, giving Wesley and Kaylee a sympathtic smile as she dashed past, and managed to catch the door before it swung shut. Pushing it open again she could see that it lead outside.

Monster Man, as he had now been dubbed by the student body, was walking past an exceptionally large courtyard. It was so big even his giant Fiend and half of her Father's flock could fit in no problem.

Selphie smiled at the thought of Arden and Haruhi being a team. She stifled a laugh when Haruhi fell on her bum, and raced over to help her up, extending a hand.

"Need help?"

“I want to go to the school, but my parents won’t let me.” Lisa said with a whining tone. She could hardly leave the house alone without her parents panicking. It was beginning to get on her nerves. “They say I’m too young.” Her eyes narrowed and she sat down beside Gaea. She really thought it was unfair. Just because she looked small and fragile, didn’t mean she was. “I mean, I’m a summoner! I can take care of myself, and Gaea will help me.” She paused, running her hand through Gaea’s fur before continuing. ”Besides, I have to go at one point. Either that, or I’m arrested. What’s the point of waiting? I need to train. They just don’t seem to get it.”

"Thanks" Haruhi was still laughing at herself and took Selphie's hand. "I should never walk backwards... I always fall when I do." After using Selphie just as support to pull herself up she kinda dragged her trying to catch up with Ceil.

((*shoots typo fairy*))

Edited by XLaurentX

Kaylee looked up at Wes and nodded. "Yeah we d-" she began to say, but noticed that his gash was no where to be seen. She got up and walked over to him, touching her hand to the area on his face where the cut should have been. "What the..." she said in awe. She dropped her hand, embarrassed. How were there no stitches or anything? "We should probably catch up with the others." she said, flicking her head in the direction of the group.

As Gwen followed Ceil outside she could see several other large courtyards, circling back round the school so that the furthest one joined back on the far side. Judging by the state of the burned grass and broken trees in some of them, these were training areas.

Ceil was waing for the students about half way round. He wasn't looking at them, but instead staring up at the blue sky above.

"Too young? You're never too young to learn how to control your powers. But how old are you, girl? And you still haven't told me your name." He smiled. "I'm getting a bit tired calling you just 'girl', you know. How about I go and have a chat with your parents?"

Following Gwen close on her heels she smiled at Wes and Kaylee as she passed them, hoping that the work wasn’t going to be too much for them.

As Imari came to a stand still she noticed the open door lead outside. She peaked through the door looking at Gwen and the others. She then walked and stood next to her looking at Ceil.

“What now?” she asked patiently also looking up at the sky.

Harihu caught up with the others. Seeing Ceil and Imari looking up in the sky she looked up too.

"What are we looking at or for?"

As Selphie was being dragged along by Haruhi, she got to her feet and half ran-half jogged toawrds Ceil.

The others were looking up at the sky, so she looked up. Why are we doing this? She shrugged off the thought and continued staring.

Diana sauntered out of the door after the rest, lazily glancing around the big courtyard. Then, the rest of them caught her attention. They were all staring up at the sky as if something was about to happen - including Ceil. They looked so funny... Trying to stifle her laughs, she bit her lip. Alas, this was to no avail. She burst out laughing, holding her stomach and shaking her head. They all looked so stupid, as if something was coming out of the sky!

“Try telling that to my mother.” Lisa muttered towards the ground, before she looked back up at the man. “I just turned sixteen. And my name’s Lisa.” She stood up and headed towards the door. Before she opened it, she turned her head towards the man and said, “My father’s still at work I think. But I’ll go get my mother for you.”

Lisa ran up the stairs, her fiend trailing behind her. “Mom? Someone wants to see you!” After a couple more tries, Lisa got her mother’s attention and the two women headed back to the living room.

Wes flinched a little as Kaylee touched his face. To be honest, it was kind of creepy...but he understood. he could not comprehend it himself. He nodded to her.

"Yeah, let's go before we get left behind." He raced after the group and they came to a clearing where everyone was strangely looking at the sky. "Uhh..." Wes did not know what to say. He was distracted by a girl--the one that stood up to Ceil--laughing her heart out. It was contagious. Wes started to laugh too. They all looked rediculous, like they could see something he could not. "What's everyone doing?" he said between bursts of laughter.

"Nothing important" said Ceil as he lowered his gaze.

"As you should all have realised now, these are the training yards. We can capture very weak monsters for use in exercises and so forth. Once you have progressed enough you will be handed missions that will involve leaving the school and travelling across Whydori, but only if you have proved that you can master the basics."

Gwen nodded in understanding. Although she had been fighting monsters for a while now not everyone might have had the chance to. Some people might even come to the school not long after they discovered their power.

"And while you are all here I am going to lay out some rules. Whenever you go on a mission you must go in groups of no fewer than three. This rule applies to everyone, not matter how strong you think you are. You must always think before you start a fight with a monster and check your surroundings. Even if you can see only one that your Fiend is strong against there may be more monsters in the area. And just because you might have the advantage element wise doesn't mean you can win. Monsters have had a long history of killing things, they've gotten good at it over the years."

"Despite what anyone might tell you, there is no shame in running away. It's best to leg it and live to fight another day, so if you find yourself in a tough situation or are outnumbered, run."

"And the most important rule, which tends to be the one that most people forget, is to do what I tell you. If I say to go in a certain direction, stay behind, attack a particular monster or even run away and abandon a fallen friend, you do it, understand?"

Haruhi looked at the two then glared at them. "You should know, Scarboy."

She didn't mean to sound rude, she was just annoyed.

She then listened to what Ceil had to say and nodded.

She looked at Imari, Gwen, Selphie and she noticed Arden wasn't there yet, but she knew when they went to go out on a mission they would most likey go together

Edited by XLaurentX

Selphie took her eyes away from the sky and listened to Ciel. She nodded, understanding. But the last bit, to abandon a fallen friend was rather hard to swallow. Hopefully she wouldn't need to deal with that at any time. She glanced at Haruhi and the others.

Imari saw nothing in the sky but was kind of wishing she could go fly. Everyone was gathered in the courtyard. Imari listened intensely to Ceil’s words. She understood the words but was not very please about the abandoning a fallen friend part. She looked at everyone hoping that day would never happen.

“Yes Ceil. I understand.” She said with bitterness.

Wes' heart skipped as another girl talked to him. Geez, what's with everyone today? He, reluctantly, listened to Mr--Uhh, Ceil. Finally, what he said was not complete garbage or something rude, it was actual information. He nodded as Ceil made each point clear. Training yards, missions, groups of three, surroundings, running away. Good. Simple. He could easily follow that. The last point was somewhat of a deep one. Abandonment? Really? He shook his head. Well...I guess if it's in the heat of battle...then... He scanned the crowd of students. He gritted his teeth. Nah! I can't leave anyone behind! It's just not right!

Haruhi started feeling bad because of what she called the boy.

"Sorry for calling you that." She whispered to him.

Gwen nodded her agreement as well. As much as she didn't like it, she understood the method behind the madness. Besides, as much as a jerk Ceil was, she doubted he would abandon someone for the hell of it.

Would he?

((I'm poofing for the day guys (I doubt I'll get on again later) so if it is okay with you all I'd like to leave things here until tomorrow. Obviously if your characters currently have nothing to do with the school you can continue RPing, although it might not be fair on the others.

Edit: Although I will give a cookie to anyone who can kill the Typo Fairy. dry.gif ))

Edited by Fortune86