Fortune86

The Power Inside

Haruhi looked at the girl who was dragging the boy away.

"This place is going to be crazy." She said softly and looked around once more.

She saw someone talk to the man who had caught her and decided to go over and greet her.

"Hello"

Moving towards the rest of the new students Imari saw Gwen walking towards the man that was looking for someone. She waited for Gwen about an ear shot away for where she went. She listened in to the conversation and widened her eyes when she heard the word inns. She started to feel nervous again. Wondering what in the world the man was talking about she kept her eye on the rest and soon forgot about her nervousness. She saw one of the girls leading the boy to somewhere noticing he was covering his face. Notice it was a piece of cloth and saw a speck of blood seeping through it.

“Must be going to the nurse I guess.” she said to herself. She saw another girl, the one that almost fell, moving towards the Gwen and the man. Standing there Imari thought to herself what to do now, so just look at Arden with a confused face.

The three girls walked over to the ginger man, who had until that point pretty much been ignored despite the fact that he had been asking people questions. "Ceil's a heavy drinker" the man chuckled. "Never actually seen him drunk though. Anyway, be seeing you around kid."

Arden bit back a sigh, and muttered. “Thank you, mom for sending me to school with yet another drunk.” Drinking must be a bigger problem on the mainland than the Island. There was possibly one alcoholic in all of Usi Phiedn (that she still remembered at least,) but she had met quite a lot of drunks over the course of the past six years.

The girl who fell walked over to Gwen and the man she was talking to. Arden smiled at her, but as the girl’s greeting had been directed towards Gwen and not herself, Arden only smiled at her. Imari’s gaze was however directed at her. Out of the corner of her eye, the red-head saw Imari’s confused expression, and chuckled. “You really think I know any more about this than you?”

Gwen was still thinking about what the man had said and didn't hear someone come up behind her. It wasn't until she heard them speak that she jumped a little and whipped, round, her hand flying to her chest to steady her heart.

"Oh hello" she replied "I didn't see you there.

~~~

The tall dark haired man in the inn decided it was finally time to get going. Slipping off the stool in front of the bar he walked towards the door and pushed it open. As soon as he stepped outside he raised his hand over his chest and touched it with his fore and middle fingers. At the same time he muttered something under his breath and a dark shadow ripped its self out of the back of his head and shoulder, rising into the air with an ear splitting screech.

The dark shadow grew in size and solidified as it soared higher until it became a giant black figure with large wings and a long tail. The spiked tailed whipped down and the dark haired man merely grabbed it mid stride. He was pulled of his feet and rose above the surrounding buildings as the Fiend tore away.

The barman came hurrying out, waving an angry fist at their wake.

"IT'S THREE STREETS AWAY! YOU COULD BLOODY WALK IT!"

~~~

Gwen whipped back round to face the entrace of the school, gazing out at the nearby town.

"What was that noise?"

James was outside at a little distance from the school. He was very hesitant about entering, but eventually he went in. He was very nervous but never showed it. He looked around at all the students, a boatload of girls, and one guy. Great. I should have came last year. He walked up to a group of ladies, and said; "Um...hi."

He was far shorter than any of them, but there was an air of fear to him, like he was scary for no apparent reason. Maybe it was the scar, or the way way he talked. Either way he was trying to be friendly but didn't expect much.

The black-haired girl hurried along the streets, her startling blue eyes glancing around worriedly. A heavy backpack was slung from one shoulder, and black shadows were visible underneath her eyes. What if they found her? What if they killed her? Swallowing, she turned her gaze back to her destination. The school. It loomed up ahead, and she reminded herself to breathe. They'd teach her how to control her powers, to use her Fiend properly. Being only sixteen, the girl wasn't very experienced with handling her. Shifting the backpack onto her shoulder more securely, she was now close to the building, and could see others outside. Her heart lightened a little at the looks of them. It was always hard to make new friends, but that was how it was.

Her legs were weary from the long journey. Rain could help out now. Placing a finger over her chest, she murmured a single word. "Vann." A wispy substance rose out from her chest, quickly forming and solidifying into a blue unicorn. Rain looked at Diana, her own eyes matching those of her Summoner. With a quick nod of her head, the Summoner walked to her Fiend, patting her on the shoulder, before nimbly leaping up onto her back. Settling into the familiar position upon her Fiend's back, she gave a light touch of her heels, getting her to walk. Despite Rain understanding her, the aids for riding a horse had seemed so natural, although she'd never been taught them because of the banning of animals. With another nudge, she bounced into a trot. Both sapphire eyes glanced around the outside of the school suspiciously. Was this the right place?

((I hope this is okay. Also, who is still outside?))

Edited by Chicogal

Movement caught Gwen's eye and she turned to look its direction. Another boy had just approached and a girl on some kind of blue horse was trotting around outside. Neither of them looked like they could have made that horrible noise.

"Excuse me" she said to the new arrival. "But do you know what that sound was? I'm new here so I don't know if it is an usual sound or not."

((She's referring to the screech Ceil's Fiend made. It's pretty loud and it was close by, so it would have carried over to the school.

@ Chico. Gwen is standing in the entrance with Kaylee.))

Edited by Fortune86

"Sorry for scaring you." Haruhi apologized.

She looked over her shoulder at the girl who smiled at her and smiled back.

She looked back at the other girl when she asked about the noise.

"I dont know... But if its a monster..." Haruhi gulped at the thougt

Diana started at the sound of a voice, causing Rain to leap sideways in a spook. Luckily, being experienced as she was, she didn't fall off. Sighing, she slipped off her Fiend, and murmured for it to return. Disappearing into a blue mist, her Fiend lazily floated back into her chest. With a slight rolling of her eyes at Rain's antics, she walked toward the boy and the two girls. The poor man. There seemed to be many more girls than boys. "Good morning," she murmured, nodding. "I couldn't help but hear you." She was now standing next to them. "I occasionally hear it, but I don't know what it is. I'm Diana." The white streak among her black bob glinted as she offered a hand to the girl who had spoken.

“I don’t know.” she replied to Arden with a smile. Still she was confused but soon forgot about it when she heard a loud screech. Looking at the others she knew they didn’t know what it was either. She went to look out by the entrance only to see two new people arriving.

A loud noise caused Arden to whip her head around. Her hair followed a second later, missing Imari’s face by about an inch. What was that? Arden couldn’t see the source of the sound, and as her heart fell back into its normal pace, she slowly turned around. “Um... hi.” A short, blue haired guy said. Arden smiled, but she was slightly intimidated. The boy must have done something quite dangerous to get a scar like that.

“Hi. You one of the new students as well?” Arden asked, her eyes searching for the source of the boy’s air of fear from behind her glasses. She had seen multiple people with scars before, so it couldn’t be that. Shoving stray thoughts out of her mind, she decided to introduce herself. “Arden West.” She said. “What’s your name?”

Edited by coralkiki

"Oh that!! It might be a fiend, but I'm not quite sure. I can guarantee it's not mine." James aura seemed to be a little more subtle, like he was calmer with the chaos. "It's soothing though. Very tranquil, beautiful." His voice trailed off with the last sentence.

He looked over at Arden. "My name? James, but most people call me Arson for some reason. I don't know why." He smiled a nice but almost cocky, even to say intimidating smile.

Edited by dragoon1234

Gwen looked at the boy a little bemused. He found that awful noise soothing? Suddenly a dark shape in the sky caught her attention. It was huge, black, fast and heading right for them.

Gasping in surpise Gwen stepped back and began to raise her hand to her chest, wondering if they would have to fight, but just then she saw a strange sight on the flying creatures head. A human man.

"It's a Fiend!"

((Ah Hah! That's where you guys went.

I see "Light" has a open space. If its not filled I guess I will join Fortune. tongue.gif

(Can I ask to reserve it?) To late to make char now, tomorrow. *yawns*))

Edited by evangeline5432

Diana frowned when she saw the black shape that sometimes seemed to roam the sky. Once or twice she had seen it before. A Fiend? Hm. It would be pretty useful to have a Fiend that was able to fly - but perhaps it was more subtle to ride along the ground, despite being on a blue unicorn. Well, it couldn't be bad if it was a Fiend - right? Her hand was near to her chest, ready to bring Rain out if she was needed. No risks were going to be taken here.

((Diana was talking to Gwen earlier.. >.<))

“Soothing huh?” Arden shrugged. “I prefer Hothead’s screeching. Not quite as loud.” Her hand went to the area of her chest that hid her crystal, and she rubbed it absentmindedly. That phoenix of hers really was beautiful. A shadow started to creep towards them, and as Gwen yelled out, Arden looked up to see the fiend coming towards them. Oh yeah, she defiantly preferred Blaze. That thing was huge!

“Hi there, I’m Imari Sollis.” She said, greeting everyone who arrived. Looking towards the sky she saw a black something in the sky. Ready to take action she held her hand close to her chest just in case when Gwen said “It’s a fiend”. Imari held her pose for a bit when she started to think. Everyone basically came here by foot might this be the Ceil character the man was talking about?!

“Gwen might this be the guy the other guy was looking for?!” she asked even if she knew that she might not know.

((Oops. Sorry Chico >.<

I'll reserve the spot Vang, smile.gif ))

((Thank you, post char form tomorrow. Good night! sleep.gif))

"I don't know" admitted Gwen. "It might be."

The man and his Fiend swooped down low and for one heart stopping moment Gwen thought they were going to crash right into the building. Seconds before impact the giant dragon like Fiend exploded into a shadow like substance and the man simply stepped out of the whirling darkness that was being sucked back into his chest.

Putting his hands on his hips the man looked around at the collected students.

"Welcome to Summoner's School" he said with the barest hint of a smile. "I am your teacher, Ceil."

((He has a love for theatrics. o3o))

Edited by Fortune86

James gave the same smile when Arden mentioned hot-headed. "I'm more tranquil towards chaos. He's quite fun." He rubbed his chest and gave the same smile.

James went outside to see the person on a fiend. He just stood there perplexed by the fiend, and it's rider. "So beautiful. Marvelous even!!" His aura signature was completely content. He loved the moment. The atmosphere around him couldn't be more tranquil then at that moment. The chaos is beautiful.

Edited by dragoon1234

Haruhi looked at the girl who introduced herself, Imari.

"Its nice to meet you, Imari. Im Haruhi."

She listened to the man who had arrived on a fiend. So he's Ceil... Haruhi said to herself mentally.

Edited by XLaurentX

Dianna yelped as the Fiend and man came close, her hand on her chest - "Vann!" Rain swirled out, collecting in front of her Summoner. She closed her eyes, expecting that she'd been too late in bringing out her Fiend; that she'd hurt Rain and therefore herself. But no sudden pain came to her. Opening her eyes, she could see the man, over the top of her Fiend's withers. That... had not been funny. Raising her eyebrows slightly at the big entrance, she murmured for Rain to return. So, this was their teacher? She looked him over. Perhaps over 25, he looked a bit strict. She swallowed, expecting some sort of lecture.

Edited by Chicogal

Wes winced as he was taken away by Kaylee. The sudden movement caused his hand to flick up and hit him in the face, causing more pain. He tried not to show it, though. As he was being pulled, he heard a deafening screach, and shortly after, someone calling out "It's a fiend!" Breaking Kaylee's grip on him, he whirled around to find the teacher adressing them.

"Uhh, Kay, maybe we should stick around for this..." He gritted his teeth as he realised that meant putting up with his pain for a little longer. He started to walk back to the group. What a great first impression I'll have...a boy with a bloody face... "Come on." he nodded at Kaylee. "I'll be fine."