Fortune86

The Power Inside

Turning around quickly by the sound Gwen made she looked intensely on what was going on. Suddenly she saw Gwen holding her hand close to her chest and ready for action. Imari focused again to where Gwen was when she saw the eight legged thing. Moving herself away from it she said to Gwen. “You can take care of monsters but get a fright of that?”

Gwen looked up at Imari, feeling both embarrassed and annoyed.

"I was poisoned by a Direspider about a year and a half ago" she explained in a quiet tone. "I...very nearly didn't make it. I've been afraid of spiders and dark type monsters ever since."

She stood up again and brushed off her skirt, her face a litte red.

Sighing, Diana unzipped her small backpack. There was just one change of clothes and her pajamas. She'd been living in her hometown until two weeks ago, when she'd set out on a mission to get to this place. Sometimes riding Rain and sometimes going out on her own two feet, she'd packed very lightly. Ignoring the girl who had spoken out about her name, she continued packing her things into the small space she had, firmly closing it afterward. Satisfied, she let her bag drop to the floor, and collapsed on her bed. A deep sigh whooshed out from between her lips. The teenager had only arrived in this city two days prior to the first day here.

“Ah, that explains a lot. Need any help with it then?” she asked feeling a bit stupid and annoyed with herself for asking the other question before. She herself was scared of spider. In fact she was scared of bugs period.

"Can you open the window?"

Gwen walked back over to her bag and pulled out the lone book she had brought with her. She tentatively held it out and let the spider down down onto it. As it began to run across the cover Gwen made a face that clearly said she wanted rid of the damn thing as soon as possible.

Imari moved fast to open the window. Keeping an eye on Gwen she stood a bit back to let her pass with the book and spider. “We better keep an eye out for more. Ceil did say it’s been a while since it was last cleaned.” saying that she didn’t even want to think about how the bathrooms look like.

Username: Daydreamer09

Character Name: Kasem

Position: Student

Appearance: Kasem

Fiend: It doesn't have a name.

Element: Earth

Magic Word: Shaft

Home Town: Zurt Lyordeur

Current Place of Residence: Niefir / Summoner’s School

Brief History: Born and raised in the mining town of Zurt Lyordeur, Kasem is not afraid of hard work and actually enjoys it. He is the only son of the town's most prodigious metal smith, and is expected to inherit his father's position. However, Kasem has other interests and would rather spend his days in the dimmly lit mineshafts with dirt covering his face.

He is sent to the summoner school as punishment from his father after they get into an argument.

((Fortune86, has Rosa's role been filled yet? I would still love to play her. smile.gif

Also... What point are we at? ))

Edited by Daydreamer09

((*sigh* Leave me in the dust why don't 'cha! xd.png ))

Kaylee listened carefully to all that Ceil was saying, nodding when needed. When Wes spoke up and tried to make a joke, Ceil hefted him up so they were face-to-face and yelled in his face. Kaylee laughed a little and walked into the room after all the other girls. When she walked in, she saw one of the girls scream and grab a hold of her chest after seeing a spider. Kaylee giggled a little and shook her head, walking over to an empty bed and threw her stuff onto the top bunk, sifting through it to try to find her baseball cap that she had brought from home. She found her cap and closed the bag, putting the cap on her head. She turned around and let out a small screech when she saw a cockroach scurrying across the floor. She absolutely hated roaches, especially the alive ones.

After the explanation and Wes making a joke and properly being hoisted into the air, James went into the room, following Wes. "What a dump!" The room looked like it wasn't dusted or much of anything. "Maybe I should go home and sleep there." He turned his attention to Wes who had already gotten a bed. "So what's your name? I'm James." He went to a window bed and plopped his stuff on it, then he saw a fly flying. "It sure does have a nice array of bugs." Edited by dragoon1234

((@ Daydreamer09: The appearance link in your form takes me to a 403 page.

Rosa is an NPC and I am loathe to make her an actual character at the moment because it will knock out the element numbers. That said, if the last Light reservation has not submitted a form in a week I will open it for other users and if you manage to snag it you can take over Rosa as a proper character or replace her with one of your own.

This goes for all of the element reservations. If I don't have a form by next Friday I'll be opening them for other people.))

Gwen quickly followed Imari to the window and began to vigorously shake her book out onto the grass outside. After a few moments she dared to pull the novel back into the room and inspect the cover.

"I think its gone..."

Moments later someone else shrieked loudly and she turned to look.

"It's not another spider is it?" she asked nervously.

((Ah... I was worried about the picture link. For some reason you have to go into the url bar and refresh it from there. Oh well, I changed the link so it's a different url now.))

"N-no, just a cockroach." She stuttered, slowly backing towards her bunk. She looked over at the girl and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I just hate roaches." she said as she climbed up onto her bunk, happy to get away from the bug. She sighed and turned around, only to find another roach walking up the wall next to her. She jumped off the bed quickly and yelled, "Ughh! They're EVERYWHERE! What is up with this place?!"

((Okay Daydreamer, all approved smile.gif))

Throwing her book onto her bed Gwen walked around the bunks until she was next to Kaylee's bed. Although she was afraid of spiders she was mostly okay with other creepy crawlies.

"You know" she said as she leaned over a little to look at one of the scurrying cockroaches. "They kind of remind me of that big flying Titan. The one that attacked Zedih Myrk a few months ago? I heard it killed several summoners and about twenty other people before it finally left."

Hearing the word roach made Imari’s skin crawl. She wished that there was a way to get rid of all the bugs she wasn’t a fan at all. Hearing what Gwen said got her attention fast. “A Titan that reminds you of a roach?” she asked slightly shocked. She has heard of a Titan attacking Zedih Myrk but that was about it.

"Uh huh."

Gwen stood up straight and turned back round to face the others.

"My Uncle was there on business at the time. He told me all about it when he got home a few days later. He said it was a giant scaled insect like a woodlouse, but it had wings sprouting from underneath instead of legs. He also said that it was at least 200 foot long."

The Titans, gigantic monsters that were more terrifying and more destructive than anything else in Wyhdori, had appeared when Gwen was a very little girl. She couldn't remember her exact age, but she could remember her very first sighting of the most well known Titan, the one everyone called The King because of it's sheer strength and size.

Kaylee shivered at the thought of a 200 foot long cockroach. That girl wasn't making her feel any better by telling her that story. She sighed involuntarily and walked carefully back to her bunk, taking off her shoe on the way there. She climbed up onto her bunk and slapped her shoe on the wall, squishing the cockroach underneath. "Ha! Got 'cha!" she yelled triumphantly.

Three loud knocks reverberated through the entry hall of the summoner school. On the other side of the school's front door, Kasem waited anxiously on a series of stone steps for someone to let him in.

The young man shifted his bag of belongings from one shoulder to another. A small patch of dirt painted half of his forehead along with staining the back of his hands. His clothes were no exception to the dirt and matching blotches of browns stained the fabrics in his outfit.

Half a day late for his first class. What an impression. Kasem had planned on arriving with plenty of time to be comfortably early, but... he had been distracted. Reaching in his pocket, Kasem pulled out a chunk of stone with a jagged, uneven surface. He inspected it for a minute and grinned to himself.

((What is going on in the story?))

Aiedail landed so gently that Angelina didn't wake up till her fiend took her muzzle and nudged Angelina. She opened one eye and laughed softly.

"Ok, ok, i'm awake." She slid off Aiedail's back and rubbed her head, then started to approach the school. Aiedail folded her wing back, they seemed to melt into her fur making her look almost like a normal wolf. Angelina went to the door and knocked.

((Aiedail is a bit bigger then a wolf, smaller than a horse.))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Fortune, you HAVE to make that graph thing, it would be so cool!))

"What a dump! Maybe I should go home and sleep there."

Wes looked up, his eyes still a little wide from before.

"Yeah, tell me about it." The room smelled aweful, the walls were dirty, the floor was sticky and bugs were everywhere.

"So what's your name? I'm James." the boy said.

"I'm Wes." he replied with a slight smile. At least he would have some company in the room. It was rediculous that there were only two of them in this room, but at least four or five in the next one. What's more, he would be torn apart if he tried to go into the other one. Well, only if Ceil found out. He got up and scowled at the room. "Well...I'm not looking forward to..." he looked at the door leading to the toilets. "...you know..."

Edited by earwig

The large piece of stone was the same size as the man's fist and caked in even more darkish grime. Once he scrubbed it down and polished it, Kasem was sure the amethyst would really shine.

So caught up in these thoughts, Kasem leaped out of his skin, hearing the nearby banging on the door. His attention snapped away from what he held in his hands to the girl now next to him. She was a petite and attractive brunette, about the same age. By her side, a large wolfish fiend stood silently.

When did she...? Kasem raised an eyebrow. Apparently, he wasn't the only oblivious one. She hadn't seemed to notice him either. In fact, she looked as if she were half asleep.

He cleared his throat, trying to catch her attention. When that didn't work, he decided to speak up and smiled. "So... You're attending the summoner's school too?"

Edited by Daydreamer09

((Just a quick post as I'm not staying.

I'm going to try and make a bar chart to compare Fiend sizes. If you want your Fiend/s to be a part of it send me a PM with your Fiend's name and height in Feet, nothing else.))

Remind me to not get on his bad side... Arden thought, watching Monster Man lift Scarhead up and give him one heck of a yell. She felt slightly sorry for him, as pretty much everything he had done that day had gotten him in trouble. Remembering what Ciel had said earlier out in the training grounds, Arden cringed. The current Scarboy incident seemed to prove that Ciel was the kind of person who strongly disliked being disobeyed, and her own stubborn control freak attitude was bound to get her in trouble. “You’re doomed, Arden...” She muttered, following the girls into their dorms.

She was one of the last girls to enter the dorms and wasn’t too pleased to see that both the bunks by the window had been taken. She’d wanted one of them. Oh well. Arden dragged her bags over to the uninhabited bunk closest to the window. Unpacking her bags, Arden’s thought’s where interrupted by multiple screams. Gwen was afraid of spiders? And Sheep clearly didn’t like cockroaches. Good choice of least favourite animal.

Arden finished unpacking, listening to Sheep, Imari and Gwen’s conversation. She really should learn that girl’s name and some of the other girls as well. They were going to be living with each other for the next year after all. She walked over to where the girls where, wanting to be as sociable as possible. It was, in her experience, the best way to make friends. "Ha! Got 'cha!" Sheep’s voice rang out triumphantly, and Arden laughed. “Congratulations.”

((Angel, don't worry, I will stop calling Kaylee for Sheep. But Arden will associate Kaylee's face with 'Sheep' untill she has a different name for her rolleyes.gif ))

((You say sorry to her, but you still call Wes "Scarhead"? *glares* xd.png))