Fortune86

The Power Inside

((Yeah. I guess I should put a small description in for her then.))

Imari finally reached the school she is supposed to attend. She got a bit side tracked by the amazing city and everything around it. She has never been to any city and all of this was so exciting but also scary for her. She walked along the way reaching the Summon School entrance. Slightly nervous she paused in front of the entrance.

“This is the beginning of a great adventure Imari!” she said to herself in a soft voice. Imari sighed to herself and entered the building. Looking around she saw a girl on sitting on a stone bench. She seemed just as nervous as Imari. She looked at her and notice that they where most probably the first two of the new student to arrive.

Gathering up courage Imari made her way towards the girl. Even more nervous than before she tried not to think of something that might happen to her. With her concentration on not making a fool of herself she miss stepped and tripped over her own feet, falling flat on the floor. Feeling rather embarrassed and red in the face she got up quickly walked towards the opposite stone bench and sat there. Giving a little smile to the other girl she looked down feeling a bit disappointed in herself.

Looking up when she heard the sound of footsteps on stone Gwen saw someone make their way into the hall. She gave the girl a smile but no sooner had the corners of her mouth curled upwards did the newcomer trip over. Gwen half rose from her seat to help, but the girl had already jumped to her feet and made her away to the bench on the other side of the room.

Sitting back down she folded her hands across her lap. The other girl looked so downcast about her moment of clumsiness. Perhaps she should try talking to her?

"So" said Gwen outloud. "Are you new here too?"

“Lisa! Lisa Joy, are you listening to me at all?!” Of course she wasn’t listening. She’d heard this lecture a million times before, she didn’t need to listen. It was always the same. Don’t do that, Lisa, it’s dangerous. Don’t do that either, you could be hurt. What on earth was she actually allowed to do?! Apparently not the things her brothers and sisters could do. Noah always left without telling people where he was going. That was a useless argument against her mother though, so Lisa only nodded. “I’m listening.”

“Good.” Her mother finished her lecture and stormed off to finish whatever chore Lisa’s disappearance had interrupted. The brunette girl sighed and went out to the garden. She was tempted to just run off again without telling, but decided against it. She didn’t want to worry her family and get another one of their lectures, and besides, she wasn’t that much of a rebel. Yet.

What she was was lonely. Noah had vanished again, probably chasing some girl, Lea was visiting someone Zurt Lyordeur, Drew was out working, and so was Hanna. So Lisa was stuck at home without anything to keep her company. Anything human that was. Smiling at herself, Lisa’s hand went towards her chest, where the crystal containing her fiend was. With a small whisper, a wolf appeared beside the girl. Summoning her fiend just for company probably wasn’t the right way to use her powers, but neither Lisa nor Gaea cared, so that’s what she did. Besides if she got bored, she could always practice some earth magic.

She looked up and was slightly surprised that the girl had spoken to her. She still felt embarrassed about the fall but I couldn’t have been all that bad if she spoke to her. Trying to recall what she asked Imari she felt a bit more relaxed and replied back with a bit more confidence in her.

“Yes, I am.” Silence broke loose again and it made her feel a bit uneasy.

"I don’t know about you but…" she said out loud but fell silent again before she continued “I feel a bit nervous about all this.” She said giving a nervous smile to the girl. After saying those words Imari felt a bit relieved.

“So, what’s your name?” asked Imari all calm and cool.

"My name is Gwendolyn Harvey" replied Gwen. "But most people call me Gwen."

Deciding it probably wasn't polite for the two of them to shout at each other across an empty room she stood up, smoothed down her skirt and started to walk towards the other girl.

"I've never been to Niefer before. How about you?"

Gwen sat down on the same cold stone bench the other girl was on. She wasn't directly next to her, but at least now they were close enough to talk without disturbing anyone further inside the school or outside.

((@ Coral: I'm going to try chucking someone your way once someone in the military posts if that's okay. I just need to get an idea of whereabouts they are.))

Edited by Fortune86

((Username: Coralkiki

Character Name: Arden Lilyana West

Position: Student

Appearance: Arden

Fiend: Blaze,though she tends to use nicknames like red or hothead.

Element: Fire

Magic Word:Sparks

Home Town:Usi Phiedn

Current Place of Residence: The summoner school

Brief History: Arden and her little sister Jackie lived with their parents in the small town of Usi Phiedn until their father died, shortly after Arden turned 13. They then moved to Tehgrimm Suda, where Arden lived until her mother forced her to go to the summoner school.

Tadaaaa! Character number two! biggrin.gif

Thanks Fortune smile.gif ))

Edited by coralkiki

“Ah, it’s a pleasure to meet you Gwen.” said Imari with a smile. She saw Gwen stand up and straitening her skirt and wondered if she was going to come her way. She soon realized that Gwen was heading her way due to their loud conversation they were having.

“No. It’s my first time here as well.” she said as Gwen come to sit next to her. “Actually it’s my first time off the island. The island of Usi Phiend. I don’t know if you are familiar with it?!” said Imari looking at Gwen.

“Where are you from Gwen?” she asked.

"Usi Phiedn?"

Gwen's eyes grew large with surprise. The island of Usi was out at sea. Unless she flew here it would have taken her a long time to reach Niefer.

"I've never been there, but I've heard of it. I'm from Khemm Bceurm myself."

She blushed slightly before she spoke again.

"That's why I might kind of smell of sheep. I spent the last two years chasing monsters away from the flocks."

Edited by Fortune86

Arden frowned. The building in front of her really did remind her of an overgrown cottage. Quite nice actually. Alicia hadn’t been lying. It was slightly disappointing, as she disliked seeing the building for what it was. A prison. She was being forced to live there, against her will, for a whole year. Why wouldn’t they let her do something practical? Like planting trees or teaching some kid his ABC’s?

Though deep inside, Arden really did want to go. She did want to learn more about her powers and how to use them, just... She hadn’t been allowed to choose. Attending the school was something all summoners had to do before turning 25, and now that she was 19, Arden’s mother figured it was time she went there. Still, personally, Arden had wanted to wait just another year.

It didn’t matter now though, so she might as well make the most of it. Arden sighed, and dragging her bags behind her she entered the building. Two girls sat inside, and Arden decided to walk in their direction. Maybe they were new as well? Making friends was always easier if there was more than one new person, so she really hoped they were.

“Khemm Bceurm is a long way from here.” said Imari to herself out loud while looking in front of her. She soon noticed Gwen was blushing a bit and wondered why.

After Gwen told her about she might smell like sheep she gave a little laugh. When Imari stopped she thought to herself it was a bit rude to act towards her like that. She quickly replied just in case Gwen might feel a bit offended. “Well, if you smell something fishy, that will be me.” She said with a laugh. “Living on an island tends to do that.” she continued while still laughing a bit.

“Oh by the way, my Imari Sollis.” She told Gwen but soon turned her head around after hearing footstep only to see someone walking their way.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

((Sprite is in fact only about twice the size of a hand.))

Merric wandered around in the garrison. There hadn’t been any monster attacks as of late, so he took the time to prepare for a new attack, as that was bound to happen sooner or later. He made his way to the training fields to spar some with his mate Kral. “There you are, you old cow!” He yelled at him jokinly when he spotted Kral. He was in fact only 5 years older than Merric, but that was good enough for him to laugh with. They both grabbed their axes and started sparring.

----

Artur paid the village of Zedih Myrk a visit once more. He knew some families there, who regularly visited the monastery’s temple, and from time to time he repaid them the favor. He just exited the old Hector’s house as he felt as though the earth shook under his legs. Earthquakes here are very rare… Could it be? Another summoner in my village? He looked around to see whether he could determine the source of the vibrations, but failed to do so. He brought his hand to his chest and whispered: “Lux”. The gem on his staff lighted up a bit and Sprite appeared flying next to his head. “You’ve always been better at tracking, little one. Can you find any other summoners here?” He said to his Fiend and Sprite flew off and entered a window. She told Artur about the girl and the wolf inside and as Artur thanked him, Sprite disappeared again.

Artur walked up to the door of the house Sprite entered and knocked. “Hello? It’s Artur, from the monastery. Could I come in please?”

Nobody really knew how old Lord Jyeh was. His snow white hair reached his waist and his face was that of a man in his early thirties, even though he had been in this office for nearly twenty five years. Most of the people of Tehgrimm Suda thought of him as a calm, intelligent and thoughtful man, but that was only how he appeared in front of the masses.

Picking an apple from his fruit bowl Lord Jyeh strode to the door of his office and chucked the fruit at the back of the head of his secretary.

“Wargh!”

When the startled man turned round to look, rubbing the back of his skull as he did so, Lord Jyeh motioned for him to rise.

“Be a good man and go and find Merric for me will you? There’s a good chap.”

((Tim can you have the secretary find Merric at the first opportune moment?))

~~~

Gwen nodded at Imari, but when she heard footsteps turned to look over her shoulder and smiled when yet another new girl arrived.

“Hello.”

Edited by Fortune86

Kaylee sighed as she walked up the long path to the Summoners school. She was not excited to start school today, but she wanted to get stronger, and to get stronger, you have to go to school. She walked into the entrance hall of the school, looked to the side, and saw three girls around her age talking and smiling. She quickly looked at the ground and continued to walk. She was never really a people person, she was better with animals, and she didn't think that this school would be able to change her.

Edited by angelkay

((Angel, if you mean Gwen, Imari & Arden they are all inside the entrance hall of the school.))

Edited by Fortune86

((Lost my post. RRGH!!))

Kiyes scowled at the meal he had been served.

"So how ya likin' yer food, boy?" Kiyser jerked his head up as the old man in front of him spoke.

"Umm...yeah...great..." Kiyser said in a quiet voice. No. It was not great. Far from it. Kiyser was a journalist, he had been to the far ends of the lands and he wrote about it. Some of his work was even published, but only available in the more popular cities. He had been to the great plains of Khemm Bceurm and he had been to both zoos, but now he was stuck in a small, filthy inn, where an old man refused to let him leave until he had eaten his meal. Kiyser rose to hiss feet. "Do you mind it I just--"

"Where you goin, boy?" The old man, missing a tooth, grabbed Kiyser by the collar and sat him down.

"Uh...nowhere..." He looked around. He needed a distraction to get away from the old man. And his food.

Wes, a grin spread across his face, hid behind a large pillar. He eyed the blonde-haired girl walking past him and he adjusted his hat which sat atop his grey hair. Okay...now when she can't see me... He started to laugh quietly to himself. Oh this is going to be great... He was going to sneak up on her and scare the living daylights out of her. Mean, maybe, but it's just a joke. He waited until he felt like she was too far in front of him to see him. Okay, now! In one swift movement, he burst out from his hiding place and rushed up behind the girl. Still grinning, he came right up close to her ear, hoping to make his voice as loud as possible.

"BOO!"

((Edited, I think I fixed it. and earwig, are you talking to Kaylee?))

Edited by angelkay

((Alright. xd.png))

"BOO!" a voice said from behind.

Kaylee screamed and turned around to find a boy standing behind her, obviously the one who had tried to scare her, and succeded. "What was that for?" she said, trying not to laugh.

Edited by angelkay

While Gwen was saying hello to the girl that had approached her and Imari someone else was making a loud noise. Gwen looked past the new girl to see what was going on. By the looks of it one of the other newcomers had tried to sneak up on another.

Strongly reminded of her younger brother Simon Gwen grinned, but turned her attention back to the girls closest to her.

"Somehow I doubt this place is going to be quiet."

Gaea nudged Lisa, and she turned around just in time to see a man knock the door. The girl jumped up and with her fiend trailing behind her she ran towards the door. “Gaea, hide.” She whispered, before opening the door and letting the stranger in. Her fiend returned to her crystal, and Lisa turned her attention back to the man. He introduced himself as Artur, and Lisa eyed him, intrigued when he said he was from the Monastery. Why would he be here? Her house wasn’t really of that much interest for someone like him, was it?

“Of course.” Lisa said, stepping aside so the man could enter. “Can I ask what you’re here for?” She looked at him curiously, hoping her question hadn’t been too rude.

"Hello.” Arden smiled as the greeting reached her. “Hi” She dropped her bags down on the floor, and looked at the two girls. The girl who had greeted her continued speaking, and Arden chuckled. “Definitely.” She turned towards the other girl. She seemed quite familiar, like Arden had seen her around quite a bit but never actually spoken to her. Maybe... “Excuse me; you wouldn’t happen to be from Usi Phiedn, would you?” Usi Phiedn was a small village, and chances were that they had some common acquaintances. That could explain why the girl looked familiar. She tried to hide a small blush. “You look slightly familiar.”

Edited by coralkiki