Fortune86

The Power Inside

"Wesley come on" yelled Gwen. The wind element user was now the only one who had not yet reached safety. The Vespids that had been knocked down were staring to rise again. If they did not attack soon the insect monsters might spread out too much for Archer's attack to get them all.

Archer's focus finally started to shatter as the platform slightly creaked and Archer almost couldn't hold this power. Frost started shrieking rapidly to show the people that they needed to move quickly. Then, Archer set out his arms forward and his skin on the fingertips started turning into ice. "Quickly, everyone! I can't hold it... any longer...!" Edited by ShadowBlade_ZX

A bit reluctantly Artur replied: "I was 16, like you now, when they no longer wanted me in the orphanage and got sent to the summoner's school." He didn't like talking about his time in the orphanage, or how they made him leave there. "But I do believe you should listen to what that guy said and don't wait too long anymore to go there yourself." He continued, hopefully turning any attention away from the word 'orphanage' he had said and hoping Lisa could control her curiousity and not ask about it.

''An orphanage?'' Lisa asked. ''Lisa!'' ''What?'' She turned towards her mother who was giving her a very disaproving look. Ariana raised an eyebrow at her daughter who quickly blushed and looked down at the ground. ''Right...em...'' The girl looked back up at her mother. ''We should listen to what these two men have said, yes?'' She smiled sweetly, hoping that this might just be what was needed to let her go to the summoner school.

((Sorry, been busy lately.))

Wes put his hands on his knees and started to pant. How had he become so tired? It had been a long time since he had ever fought with Torn, maybe he just had to get his stamina up. He lifted his head when he heard his name being called. Before he moved, he caught Torn's attention.

"Will you be alright?" he asked. Torn nodded. "Okay. Fly up with us and stay close in case any of those things come at us." Torn nodded again and spread her wings before jumping and gliding around the treetops. Wes smiled at her before climbing atop the giant...snake...thing. Seiryu, was it? Okay. He made his way between two spines, tightly gripping on one of them. Hopefully it would be enough to stop him falling off. He shot a look around to everyone else. Does anyone else talk to their fiends like that? Torn is like...like a sister to me. I wonder if anyone feels the same way about theirs...

Kaylee saw Wes talk to his fiend, and then climb up onto Seiryu. She smiled, petting Ai's side.

"So that's your fiend?" She asked in awe, looking over at Wes's fiend. Kaylee stopped petting Ai for a minute, and he nudged her hand, wanting to be pet again.

"I swear Ai, your exactly like a pet dog, except much bigger." she whispered, grinning. She began petting Ai again, and he wagged his tail happily. Kaylee laughed and shook her head, turning her attention back to Wes, waiting for his reply.

"Uh?" Wes was caught off guard by Kaylee's question. He grinned at her and found that she was patting her fiend, a white wolf. It is a cute little fella, isn't it? But I wouldn't want to fight it... Wes thought, eyeing it over. He caught Kaylee's eyes again and looked up at Torn. "Yeah, that's her. She's quiet, but she's nice once you get to know her." he raised his voice as she flew over them. "Isn't that right, Torn?" in reply, she swooped and took Wes' hat off his head, then swooped back and dropped it on Ai's. Wes couldn't help but burst out laughing, the wolf looked so cool with his hat on!

((LOL!))

Kaylee burst out laughing as Torn put Wes's hat on Ai.

Ai swatted at the hat, trying to get it off his head. "No, Ai, Leave it on! It looks quite good on you! Very stylish." she said with a grin. Ai gave her a mean look, obviously showing that he greatly disliked the hat being on his head, and Kaylee held up her hands in surrender, smiling as she did so.

"Okay, okay. Here, I'll get it off for you." she said, still laughing. Ai knelt down so Kaylee could reach the hat, and she quickly plucked it off his head. Ai barked thankfully and Kaylee patted his side. She turned towards Wes and held his hat back out to him.

''An orphanage?'' Lisa asked. ''Lisa!'' ''What?'' She turned towards her mother who was giving her a very disaproving look. Ariana raised an eyebrow at her daughter who quickly blushed and looked down at the ground. ''Right...em...'' The girl looked back up at her mother. ''We should listen to what these two men have said, yes?'' She smiled sweetly, hoping that this might just be what was needed to let her go to the summoner school.

"I believe you should, yes. The earlier you start learning to control your powers, the better." Artur said, ignoring Lisa's question about the orphanage and happy to change the subject away from it.

"Anyway, I think it's time for me to get going and leave the decision to you. If you should need me: I'll be in the village for the remainder of the day, visiting other people and you can always come and pay me a visit in the monastery if you'd like." He got up, leaning on his staff and started heading for the door. When he arrived at the door he turned around and said: "Goodbye Lisa, and good luck at school. Goodbye Ariana." And he gave both of them a nod before exiting the door.

"That's quite alright Merric. But this little task has no relation to the welfare of Wyhdori. It's a personal matter. You're more than free to turn it down if you wish."

Jyeh sat up right again and steepled his fingers on his desk, staring over them at Merric.

"It would involve paying a visit to the Summoner's School, and you know how...certain people feel about me there. When they discover you are there on my behalf they might not be too friendly."

"Yeah, sure. I'll go there. It's not like I have anything better to do now it's so quiet on the monster front after that last Titan attack." Merric smiled and thought to himself. And I have my ways to make people a bit more friendly.

"Anyway, what'cha want me to do there?"

Now that everyone was safely off the ground Gwen commanded Seiryu to rise. The long azure Fiend quickly gained height until they were above the Training Area walls. Gwen was dimly aware of a conversation going on behind her, but was too focused on making sure Seiryu didn't wiggle too much to pay attention. The last thing they needed now was for someone to fall off.

"Archer" she called out over Seiryu's horns. "Go ahead!"

~~~

Opening his desk drawer Jyeh pulled out an envelope. It was already stamped with his seal. Reaching over his desk he held it out for Merric.

"Give this to Noland only. Try not to let either Rosa or Ceil see it. If possible, try and get an answer before returning."

Edited by Fortune86

Wes reached out and grabbed his hat off Kaylee. Slipping it back on his head, he let out a small yell as the giant serpent began to fly. It was...strange. He had asked Torn what it was like to fly, but she only replied that it was natural. She had been flying ever since she could remember and it was no different to walking or running. Of course, Wes didn't believe this and he had always wondered what it would be like to fly. Ridint atop an enormous flying serpent would probably be the closest thing he would get to it, so he wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. Yelling out with excitement, he kept one hand on his hat to keep it from falling off. Catching the sight of Torn flying around again, he called out to her.

"Torn, if anyone falls, I need you to catch them, ok? But for now, you need to get out of the way, I don't want you getting hit." Torn, nodding again, twisted and flew to the side, leaving the area open for Archer.

Merric took the envelope from Jyeh's hand. "Just fer Noland, eh?" he said, trying to sound not too curious about the contents of the envelope. Ah well, perhaps Noland will slip some information 'bout it.

"Got it, I'll leave as soon as the healers are done with me shoulders." he said, turning around to leave Jyeh's office for the second time that day and heading to the doctor's cabinet.

((I...umm...totally didn't forget about Kiyser...*ahem*))

Caught by his collar, Kiyser could feel the eyes of everyone at the inn peering at him.

"Got 'im, sir." the drunk man that caught him managed to say. His breath was horrible and he was missing a fair few teeth. The old man, flanked by Borris and Chuck, started to apprach him. Kiyser was definitely in some trouble here. His eyes widened as he noticed that they were only a few meters from him. Hesitating, and realising that it was probably a bad idea, he elbowed the drunk man in the ribs. Releasing an "Oof!" and spilling half of his drink, the man let go of Kiyser's collar. Freedom! Kiyser shot a glance at the old man before spinning around and bursting through the door. Sprinting, not daring to look back, he made his way to the nearest travelling wagon. It was what he had used to get here, they would drive you somewhere for a small fee. How fast they would go...hmm...that was kind of important now. Swinging himself on one, he pulled out a handfull of coins.

"Oh--hey I need to go, now! Just go! Gooooo!" yelling in the driver's ear, he shoved the coins into the man's hand. The driver, obviously uncomfortable and scared, asked him, "Where do you need to go?" Kiyser, thinking for a second, pulled out his journal. He drew a line through the words 'Zurt Lyordeur' and wrote a new one in its place, 'Niefir'.

"Summoner's school. As fast as possible, please." he replied. It was something he was putting off until he was older, but attending the school before it was too late seemed like a good idea. He could write about it and, who knows, maybe it could sell like his other books.

Archer finally released all the preparation he had as soon as the group was at a safe height. A wall of ice appeared and blocked the entrance gate, then two platforms appeared over Ceil and his dragon and one appeared over Archer and Frost. Then, the moisture in the air began to change. The winds picked up and grew colder and colder. A storm cloud appeared under the flying group, and it was dark, so they couldn't see through it. Archer shouted with all his strength as the water in the clouds suddenly turned into snow and ice shards. He mustered the strength he had left and pushed a wind right behind the cloud, which launched the snow and icicles with threndemous force at the training area. All that could be heard around Archer was ice shattering, fast wind and the sound of projectiles falling around him. The Vespids got stabbed once, twice, three times, and got pinned to the ground by the snow behind the icicles. Archer gripped his chest and fell down, too much exhausted to do any more. The snow quickly melted off, revealing everything that wasn't stopped by the platforms frozen solid or with spikes in it. Frost fell next to Archer and disappeared back to his realm so he could rest. Edited by ShadowBlade_ZX

With the death of the Vespids Gwen had Seiryu lower everyone back down to the ground. His slender legs made contact with damp grass and Gwen leaned through the mass of hair and horns to pat her Fiend on the forehead.

"You did well" she whispered.

Ceil reached out to catch a falling flake of snow and watched it melt away in his palm. For a few minutes he stared at the wet patch of skin it left behind while the Training Area returned back to its normal appearance.

Eventually he gripped his hand and lowered his arm, turning to look at his students.

"Well at least you know about the benefits of team work. Glory seekers die very quickly these days."

~~~

"Thank you Merric."

Once some of the students go on Drahaul, Imari gave him the go signal and with one great leap he took to the sky. His wings opened and as he flapped them gusts of wind blow down wards. Looking at the boy Imari knew he would be able to stop the Vespids.

When he finished his attack she saw that he was extremely tired.

“You can take us down no Drahaul.” spoke Imari and soon he started descending towards the training grounds. Drahaul let his tail down to make it easy for everyone to get off and when they all got of Imari called him back whispering that he did a good job.

Quickly getting off the Fiend, Diana summoned her Fiend again. There was no knowing what Ceil could do next - she didn't even know how far along they were in the lesson. A hand entangled in Rain's mane, she glanced at the others, wrinkling her nose slightly. Some were congratulating their Fiend's - but why? All they'd done was fly a bit off the ground. Frost and Archer were the ones who deserved the gratitude and congratulations. Walking over to Archer, she crouched down by the boy, letting go of the mane. "You okay?"

Haruhi got off of Seiryu. She wasn't sure what to do anymore. She wasn't sure of her fiend's fighting skills since she saw the other student's fiends fighting.

I might just give up... Ryza might end up getting hurt whilst fighting. I don't want to happen to him.

She looked down at the ground, kicking at the sand.

Archer stood down, tired as hell from the attack. A little blood was now evident that was coming out from his mouth, in forms of coughs. Archer heard a familiar voice and slowly placed his hands on the earth in front of him before he pushed himself up and sighed. "Well... I... think so..." Archer managed to say to the girl before falling back down with a couple of bloody coughs. Frost reappeared the same moment and nudged his master as to check on him. Archer didn't respond, and that made Frost shriek loudly and repeadetly in response. Edited by ShadowBlade_ZX

Kaylee got on Ai's back, and he jumped off of Seiryu, landing gracefully on the ground below.

"I'm glad we didn't fall off." Kaylee whispered, petting Ai's side. She looked to her right and saw Diana talking to Archer, whos fiend was screeching loudly at something.

"What the...?" Kaylee thought, heading towards the two people, Ai gleefully trotting at her side, happy to be off of Seiryu.

Diana watched, worried, as the man fell down, coughing. Some blood was coming out of the corners of his mouth, and she set her face in a determined expression. "You're not okay," she scolded him, looking around. Eyes setting on that teacher, her gaze narrowed. If he didn't help... "Ceil! He needs to go to Rose!" Her Fiend whinnied loudly, and shoved her in the back with her nose. If no-one was in a good state to carry him, perhaps Rain could take him....

Edited by Chicogal

"Over exerting himself in such a simple fight" said Ceil walking over to the suffering Archer. "Oh well. I guess I shouldn't expect any better."

Once he was by the teen's side he bent down and hoisted him up, placing Archer's arm around his shoulders and his own around the ice users body for support.

"While I'm gone I want you all to think the fight over and pin point where things went wrong. I will not be long."

Seth stalked across the wall, the stone creaking under his weight and pushed the gate open as Ceil carried Archer towards it. Once the teacher and student where through he returned his fierce gaze to the remaining students.

((Kigyptnee has not submitted a form, so I will be opening that light slot. Whoever was after Rosa has two days to submit a form before it goes public. It would be nice to have a Rosa ready by the time Ceil and Archer reach the infirmary. smile.gif))

((O dear gods, why did I not see that. >_< *hits head*))

Angelina took her bag back and nodded thanks. She walked through the door that lead to the girls dorm. Walking in she saw not to many bed were taken, she went over to a coner bunk and choice the bottom bed. After she shoved her bag underneath it she turned around to go. "I'll have time to unpack later." She thought and ran out of the dorm to see Kasem waiting for her.

"Lets get to class, shall we." She said with a smile and started walking at a fast pace toward the training room.

((Where is daydreamer???))

As soon as Archer got picked up and started being carried off, Frost followed close behind him. Archer looked up at Ceil. "Bloody hell, this wasn't my limit! I was tired as censorkip.gif, and the rest of the people just didn't want to get their hands dirty!" Archer told him and coughed some more blood. "I hate the feeling of blood in my mouth."