Fortune86

The Power Inside

Diana opened her mouth to yell out that she'd like another turn, but stopped as people had already taken the spots. Leaning against Rain, she sighed at the fight which was happening around them. It would have been fun to join in... Sulking, the ebony-haired girl reached for the natural streak of white hair, and rolled it between her fingers. It would look a weird scene, she thought to herself, a dark-dressed, dark-haired girl leaning against a blue unicorn.

Edited by Chicogal

((Mah! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life's been busy the past few days. >~<"

I'll try to get Kasem caught up.))

"Yes of course" said Ceil sarcastically. "Obviously the best course of action is to hand my student over to some complete unknown who has just walked through the door rather than a professional I know and trust."

"I have healed a lot of people...I wouldn't be here if not for that...people started noticing and I was sent here. Adoptive parent weren't exactly thrilled that I was a summoner"

"Angelina, wait!" Kasem reached for the girl's arm, but she brushed him off and followed the instructor.

"Fine, you don't trust me, I am probably just another greedy summoner but at least give me a chance to prove myself."

The boy who had accompanied the girl froze as he watched Ceil growl at her. Kasem felt powerless in the man's presence and he clenched his fist. He didn't catch the words that were spoken, but Ceil finally let Angelina go when a man in a uniform interrupted.

"Angelina," Trying to keep up with her and her fiend, Kasem was beginning to pant hard at their quick pace. "Hey, slow down!"

When they finally stopped at the training field, the boy was out of breath. "You..." he tried to tell her between gasps for air, "Don't let what he said get to you."

After a few more minutes of catching his breath, Kasem continued. "Someday, you'll prove him wrong." In his bent over position, he looked up and gave her a sympathetic, encouraging smile.

Edited by Daydreamer09

((Nope. Rosa's a non player character. But someone can play her or take her place, I think.))

Selphie stepped forward and opened her mouth to say that she would like a spot, but they were already taken. She stepped back, Nephrim still on her head, and watched the fight. Suddenly, one of Torn's fans stuck into the wall. On instinct, Nephrim flew up from his Summoner's head and got ready to attack. But since Selphie wasn't harmed, the Fiend settled back on her head.

After all of the Vespids were killed, she smiled. "Nice job!" As she said this, she started to clap.

(( Uhh, anyone controling Rosa? ))

((As Durppie said, Rosa is an NPC. That means that anyone can control her. I left Archer in her care so that you could use her to heal him and rejoin everyone in your own time.))

((O wow. A bunch of post to read.))

Angelina stopped outside the training field.

"Don't let what he said get to you. Someday, you'll prove him wrong."

"Him? Get to me? I have had people underestimate and insult me all my life. He won't make a difference. I think the most dangerous thing about him right then was his grip" She said with a smile and rubbed her arm.

"Lets get into class, that will get us one step closer to proving him wrong. Won't it?" She said with a flare of determination and entered the training area.

"I will have to be careful around Ceil from now on" She thought.

((What is going on in the class right now??))

((Power's back! Did I miss something?))

((Gwen, Kaylee and Wesley just defeated the last of the Vespids at Ceil's request. I'm going to let people have a chance to catch up before officially ending the lesson smile.gif))

((Lets just pretend that Angelina and Kasem went into the class before Ceil got back. Otherwise there would be a weird time gap.))

((Lets just pretend that Angelina and Kasem went into the class before Ceil got back. Otherwise there would be a weird time gap.))

((Agreed ^^'''))

Kiyser was in too much pain to keep moving.

"Put me down for a minute." Giiseel did so and gently, well, gently by Giiseel's standards, lay Kiyser on the ground. He was bleeding much more than before and he wasn't so sure about being to live through it anymore. The pain was unbearable, he was starting to suspect that the earth worm's saliva had some sort of poison in it. Every time he tried to move, he felt pain and he became very exhausted. He noticed a movement in the forest, it was far away, but it would still be in earshot. If it was another worm, Kiyser would be dead. He thought of sending Giiseel over to it to kill it, but he did not want to be on his own while he was gone. Though, he wasn't entirely sure it was a worm. If it was a person...

"Giiseel, quick, see that thing over there? Reflect the sun off your arm on it." Kiyser commanded. Giiseel, obviously confused, stood there for a while.

Why you want me to...?

"Earth worms don't have eyes, they feel the viabrations in the earth. If that's a person over there, then they might save me. Do it now!" Giiseel, now understanding and, frankly, impressed by Kiyser's intuition, tried to reflect the sun on the figure in the distance. Trees covered most of the light, but hopefully there would be enough to catch someone's attention.

When Merric was going trough the forest, a glimmer of light in the corner of his vision caught his attention. It was to far away to see who or what was there, and the light shining in his eyes didn't help much either. He decided to go and check it out, perhaps it would be some light reflected of his father's axe while he was cutting down a tree.

When he got closer though, he didn't see his father, but instead a large ice creature, which surprised him. It can't be an ice monster, that wouldn't make any sense. Why would one of those monsters ever venture so far away from his natural habitat? But a Fiend wouldn't make much sense either, what would a summoner be doing here? He thought, but then reminded himself of the fact that he himself was a summoner as well, in the for the most part abandoned forest.

While keeping his distance, Merric yelled out: "Anybody there?" and awaited a response, hoping there would come one and it being a summoner all along. He really didn't want to get into a fight with an ice monster...

Kiyser's heart stuttered for a second when he heard a voice.

"Yes!" he yelled in a pain-filled voice. "Over here--I need your help, I'm badly hurt! Giiseel you can stop now." Giiseel dropped his arm and looked for the man that could help him. Still not seeing him, he told Kiyser to keep talking. "I've been attacked by earth worms--there still might be some out here. I was riding in a wagon and the driver is dead." screaming out as he felt more pain, he started to talk in a desperate manner. "I really need your help!" Giiseel looked down at him. He was worried. Giiseel usually had a menacing smile on his face, being the brute that he is, but this display of emotion he showed was very strange for him.

Rosa was fixing up after Wes and then she heard a knock. "Hm?" She turned around and went to the door. She took Archer from Ceil and helped him sit down. "So, what's the problem?" Rosa asked as she sat down on a chair. Archer coughed a little more blood. "Well, I did this hard thing, and I was really tired, so now I feel really bad." Rosa stood up and went over to Archer."It seems you tired yourself down. Now, stay still, thist might sting." She said and placed a hand on his forehead. In seconds he felt much better. "There, dear. Run along." Archer quickly thanked her and left. He then looked as a fan flied to the wall next to him. He grabbed it and went to the group of people. Archer approached Wes. "Here, I guess it's Torn's."

(( Forgot Rosa had light magic, xd.png ))

Edited by ShadowBlade_ZX

Merric went closer, eyeing the big Fiend a bit suspiciously as he seemed to be quite the brute. Not paying attention to the ground, but looking up at the Fiend, he almost stepped on the summoner who lay on the ground. "Whoops, sorry fer that, mate. But could you unsummon yer Fiend now? I don't like how he looks hungry at me. I'll take care of you farther." He said, helping the guy up. "I'll get ye to a healer, mate. Closest one 'round will probably in the summoner's school." Which is just great. That Ceil guy'll sure love to see me coming again. "Anyway, my name is Merric, and you are?"

((A shot? Rosa can use light magic and just heal him up in seconds.

The only people who need medical attention are darkness users like Ceil, Selphie & Razor.))

Kiyser screamed as the man pulled him up. The pain was horrible, it ripped through his entire body.

"Put me down!" he yelled, before pushing the man away and thudding back down on the ground, screaming out again. He panted and looked back up at the man, not believing his own luck. "Sorry, but please be a little more...gentle." he stopped to swallow. "I'm Kiyser, by the way." a small smile formed on his face. Maybe this guy knew who he was. Then again, from the way he talked, Kiyser thought that maybe he didn't read much. Oh well, he would have at least one fan out there. But now was no time to brag, he needed to get help. Touching his chest again, he desummoned Giiseel. The giant ice creature vanished into frost and the white patch of earth underneath him returned to normal. Taking a deep breath, he nodded at Merric. "Alright, help me up again. Try to be careful."

Merric rolled his eyes. A pansy with a big brute as Fiend, what an ideal combination... That guy Ceil's gonna love 'im too. He thought as the guy fell down again and screamed. "Kiyser, eh?" He said after the pansy introduced himself. He offered him his hand once again and pulled him up. "No time to be careful boy. Goes to slow. Gotta be quick if ye want to survive. Too bad Hawke can only carry one of us." He said, and looked up to dense foliage. "And I doubt he would make it trough anyway..." He continued, more to himself than to the guy he was helping out.

Recalling Seiryu Gwen looked round at her team mates and grinned. It had been a tough fight, but they had won.

Ceil threw the lid he was holding to one side and looked up at Seth. The black Fiend stared down at him and nodded before explding into a thick dark shadow and returning to Ceil's crystal.

"That will be all for today" said Ceil looking back at the class. "It's starting to get late, so I suggest that you all get something to eat and turn in. You'll be up early in the morning."

Gwen nodded and looked up at the sky. To her surprise it was starting to get dark. The afternoon training session had taken longer than she thought.

"Oi, Scarhead" called out Ceil suddenly. "Check in with Rosa before you do anything else. I don't want you bleeding all over the damn place."

Diana nodded as he suggested that they turn in. It had gotten quite dark early, and she yawned. It was quite a long walk back, wasn't it? Well, there was no chance of her walking back. Quickly hopping onto Rain, she glanced around. Was anyone too hurt or weak to get back? "If anyone needs a ride back, they can come up with me," she murmured, suddenly feeling shy. The teenager hardly knew anyone properly here.

Glad to see that the three students did well in the fight and survived it Imari turned towards the door and started walking. She walked slowly and looked occasionally back at the others hope they would catch up fast. It was only after she entered the school hallways that she noticed how tired she was. Her stomach grumbled a bit and she knew she had to eat something before getting ready to rest. Making her way towards the kitchen she started to think on what to make.

((I just realised that both my charries are hurt. I'm evil! >:3 ))

Wes clutched at his neck. It still stung like crazy! Looking up, he noticed that someone else was handing back Torn's fan.

"Oh, thanks!" he grinned. He turned his head back at Torn. "That was an amazing throw! I've never seen you do anything like that before!"

Well after you--uhh--I got stung, I didn't want anything else happening to you. Torn replied. She took the fan from him, shook off the vespid-juice, folded it back up and desummoned, the air blurring around her as she did so. That reminded him, he was still soaked in the stuff. He should probably have a shower, too.

"Oi Scarhead!" Oh great Wes thought. It could only be one person. "Check in with Rosa before you do anything else. I don't want you bleeding all over the damn place." he sighed.

"Alright." he replied. He called Ceil a dirty name under his breath, but hopefully he wouldn't hear. Unless he had some sort of super-sensitive hearing...

Wes knocked on Rosa's door.

"Who is it?" Rosa called in her sweet voice.

"Yeah, me again." Wes said, pushing open the door. "Whould you mind just touching this up?" he took the cloth off his neck and revealed the bloody wound to her.

"Oh dear, you really need to be more careful." Rosa put her hand to the wound.

"Yeah..." Wes looked to the side. He was uneasy around blood. Rosa, once again, used her light magic to patch up his neck. It itched again, but it cleared up. And the stinging feeling was gone, too.

"Run along, dear." Rosa smiled at him. Wes almost laughed at how motherly she was being.

"Right. Well see you later." he walked out the door and started to head for the boys' room. He smelled. Bad. he needed a shower.

~~~~~~~~

Kiyser groaned as Merric mentioned that they wouldn't have time to be careful. And who was this Hawke he talked about? It didn't matter, he needed a healer. And the closest one was at the Summoner's School? Well that was convinient. He grabbed Merric's hand, muffling a moan, and lifted himself painfully to his feet.

"Let's go then. I think we need to hurry up." he rasped.

Archer folowed Wes back in and waited for him in front of the infirmary. When he came out, Archer catched up with him and walked next to him. "Wes, I presume? Nice to meet you. I'm Archer." Archer said as he followed Wes to the boys dorm. "Going for a shower? I need one too. I smell like censorkip.gif." Archer said as he opened the door to the dorm. Edited by ShadowBlade_ZX

Angelina was glad they arived late. She was tired and probably would not have been able to cast to much magic.

"Let's get out of here before Ceil notices us. I really don't want to give him a reason to get mad." She said and started to head out of the room.

"Want to get something to eat real quick before we get to bed?" She asked when they were in the hallway.

"Let's get out of here before Ceil notices us. I really don't want to give him a reason to get mad. Want to get something to eat real quick before we get to bed?"

"Well," Kasem scratched his chin for a moment, "Getting away from Mr. Scary sounds like a good plan."

The boy was pretty relieved that they had missed most of the lesson. That gave him more time until he would be forced to summon his fiend. He would hold off on doing so for as long as he could.

"But, actually I'm not that hungry. I was thinking of heading to my room for a bit. There's a giant hunk of amethyst in my pocket that I need to get to polishing off." He grinned to himself and his eyes sparkled with excitement as dug it out to show Angelina, opening his hand so she could pick it up and examine it. "You can't tell it now, but once it gets cleaned up and rubbed down, it will really shine."

Edited by Daydreamer09