Fortune86

The Power Inside

Listening to what Gwen and the other boy talked about made Imari think a bit. If ice was their weakness the boy can use his fiend’s full extent but there is too many people that can get hurt. On top of that if we can slow them down the boy might be able to get them slowly but surely, unless. Imari thought and looked at Gwen and back at Drahaul.

“Gwen.” She called out before she continued. “What if we could stung them to slow them down and take to the air out of the guys way so that he can use his blizzard thing?”

((Recap guys... Please!

I know Selphie talked to Haruhi but really guys...))

Imari called out to her and Gwen tore attention away from Ceil.

"How do we stun them without hitting everyone else?" she asked in a raised voice to be heard over the battle field. "Seiryu's aim isn't too good."

The tree from before was still burning away quite cheerfully, proving all the point she needed.

"Okay Selphie. Let's rock." Haruhi said, trying to make her feel better.

"Inazuma." She whispered as she touched her crytal. Soon a Rydrake appeared and let out a growl. "Come on Ryza... Let's kick some monster butt. You need the exercise."

Selene was busy fighting the Vespids when she saw several lightning bolts hitting random targets across the Training Area, some hitting Vespids, others hitting areas on the ground. However, there was this lone bolt that hit a tree and caused it to go ablaze. She heard the boy with the Ice Fiend calling another Water Summoner for help. Selene did not know if the other girl needed help, but decided to start first, after all, if the fire would probably spread if it was not taken care of quickly.

“Alright Serpentra, let’s go extinguish the fire!” Selene asked of Serpentra to conjure a steady stream of water, aimed at the base of the fire, while emitting a mist at the same time. The fire on the tree was soon extinguished, much to the relief of Selene. She then resumed her fight against the Vespids, with more physical attacks rather than magical attacks.

“Well…” she said thinking again. “What about those who can take air with their fiends should head up, while those with small fiends get up Drahaul. He isn’t afraid of doing a bit of work and at the moment he is just standing here.” She smiled and patted on his leg while dodging Vespids. “This training area is a bit like a bowl. If your fiend is strong enough and cast a powerful lightning storm to stung them it could work, then the guy can go down and do his thing.” Imari spoke fast and load so that Gwen could hear. “It wouldn’t hurt to try it?”

Gwen nodded.

"It's worth a shot."

Seiryu snaked down and she quickly climbed onto his back, sitting on the safe spot behind his head to avoid the spikes.

"Those who can take to the air do it!" she called out as loudly as she could. "If you can't fly, get on Seiryu or Drahul!"

((Anyone who climbs onto Seiryu will have to stand up, or puncture their behind.))

Wes jerked his head up as he heard something about stunning the vespids.

"Hey, I--" Torn hated it when he took her credit. "I mean, Torn can knock them out of the air for a little while, would that work?" Torn immediately shot him a look. She was tired and she really did not want to use her fans anymore. They required a lot of energy to use from the both of them. "C'mon, do it!" Wes called to her. He was beginning to feel tired, too. Gritting his teeth, he watched as Torn whipped her arms and the air shimmered again, a low woosh sounding once more. The vespids whirled around and collapsed to the ground. "There," Wes uttered. "do what you want with them now. Just let me-uhh, Torn-know when she needs to do it again."

((Actual rain might be a little beyond your character's capabilites at the moment Woshii.))

((ground forces that need to take to the sky tongue.gif))

Archer nodded at everyone and slowly raised himself on a ice platform to wait which Frost made. He waited for the rest to get off of ground. "As soon as I'm finished, this thing will become an ice rink! So, get off the ground. I don't want any frozen people!" Archer yelled as he crouched and mustered all his strenght for the last blow. "Okay, Frost... are you ready for this?" Frost shrieked in response indicating he was ready. Let's hope I don't freeze anyone somewhere. "Okay, GET MOVING, FAST!" Archer yelled once more as he prepared for the attack. This attack usually made him pass out through two tries, but he had already drained himself greatly just from fighting. Archer hoped that he and Frost could manage to actually do this. Edited by ShadowBlade_ZX

Imari nodded back at Gwen and was glad they could give it a try. She climbed up on Drahaul until she stood next to the horn on his head. “Come on those who want to get on” she yelled out loud to some of the others. “Drahaul let your tail down so that they can climb on and stop these Vespids with your wings.” Imari said to Drahual which he responded with and light rumbling sound.

She stood on top looking over the training areas and waited for those that needed to get on. As she was looking she noticed Ceil still standing there where he let out the Vespids. “He’s a big boy. He knows when to get out of the way.” she muttered to herself

Diana nodded to Imari, but didn't get her chance as another girl had extinguished the fire already. Tapping her heels against her Fiend's sides, she heard a little of the plan. But Rain wouldn't be able to balance too well on either Fiend. Stubbornly, she remained on the ground. "Rain can't get on either," she yelled to Imari. "There's no way for her to balance. It's impossible!" Frowning slightly as her Fiend shifted beneath her, body tense, she murmured some words of comfort. Rain definitely was not a very brave unicorn when it came to fighting.

"Dismiss her!" called out Gwen. "Then she'll be safe and up can climb up fine."

A Vespid hurtled towards Gwen but Seiryu snatched it out of the air, biting down hard.

"Eurgh...I wish you would stop doing that" spat Gwen as the taste of Vespid filled her mouth once again.

Diana snorted. "Dismiss her? I'll be vulnerable. In your dreams." Wondering for a moment if the girl wanted her to be hurt, her Fiend darted to the side as a Vespid attempted to sting the two. As it went past, Rain sent a small ball of water toward it, generally barreling it over and making it fall into the now muddy ground below them. With an indignant huff, Diana's Fiend walked over a few steps, and squashed it beneath a dainty hoof. More were approaching though. "Perhaps it is a good idea..."

Seiryu moved his head and flew forward a little to were Diana and Rain where. More Vespids were flying in to attack.

"Come on!" said Gwen stretching out her hand to Diana. "Archer can't attack otherwise! Do you want everyone to get hurt?"

Spirits slightly dampened, she slipped off Rain's back, muttering something so that Rain returned. Taking Gwen's hand, she stepped up and glanced around. This was certainly... different. Making the decision that she hated this position, she let go of the girl's hand. It was certainly harder to balance atop this dragon than sit upon Rain.

Once Diana was safely on top of Seiryu Gwen looked around. Who else needed to get up off the ground?

Her eyes once again landed on Ceil. He was just standing there, in the shadow of his giant Fiend. Neither one of them had moved since the escape of the other Vespids. He didn't seem at all concerned about Archer's upcoming attack.

((If anyone needs to get up onto Seiryu, please do so at the first opportunity.smile.gif))

"Ai! Let me get on!" Kaylee said, running closer to him. He stopped hesitantely and let her climb onto his back, wanting to continue fighting.

"Okay, Let's go and get on that girls fiend so we don't freeze to death!" Kaylee said, holding on to Ai's white fur so she didn't fall. Ai grunted unhappily and took off, heading quickly towards the fiends tail.

Ai climbed up onto the fiend's back and sat down. Kaylee slide off his back and onto the fiend's. She laughed and walked over to Ai's side.

"Good job." she whispered, petting him.

Selphie and Nephrim jumped back when more Vespids were released. "Ah!" A Vespid targeted her. Nephrim streaked over to the Monster and pulled on it's wings, and bit at it until it died. Selphie spat out some Vespid juice before noticing the others. "Nephrim!" The tiny fairy dragon turned, eager to fight. "Slow these monsters down!" Her fiend's eyes flashed red as most of the Vespids' movement was slower than normal.

Archer sighed. If they weren't faster he'd already lose his powers. "GET ON ALREADY!" He yelled as he tried to hold for a little more. Frost was more tired than him so Archer held the power of all the force. He couldn't hold his power too much. I swear, if they don't get up in the sky in 5 minutes, I'm going to freeze up everything. Archer said as he focused once more and tried to hold on a little more.

(( I think Laurent has to move yet, along with durppie, woshicookie and earwig... Can we just say they already climbed up?! ))

((That would be god-modding, Shadowblade. But I'll get on.))

Selphie quickly ran to the direction of the voice, telling them to get on. She climbed up. "Hurry up, climb on!" she yelled back down to the others. She turned to Archer. "I, er Nephrim, slowed down most of the Vespids. It might make it easier."

Edited by Durppie

((Sorry for not posting anything yesterday evangeline. I was planning to, but got distracted. u-u''' I'll try to help get us quickly caught up with the others.))

Kasem hefted up Angelina's bag and grunted at the extra weight, but smiled nonetheless. "This is pretty heavy. I bet you have amazing arm strength after carrying it all the way to the school."

He walked beside the girl until they reached the point in the hall where the dorms branched off from one another. After handing her bag back, Kasem gave a nod and left Angelina to pick out a bunk. There weren't too many beds taken yet on the guys side. Claiming a lower bunk in the corner, the boy set his bag down and began unpacking. He pulled out a few sets of clothes, some underwear and a clean cut shirt for special occasions. There also were a few small mining tools the boy had brought along, half hoping there might be a cave nearby to explore.

Tucking everything in a thin drawer beneath his bunk, his mind drifted back to the fact that soon he'd have to go out to the training grounds. Kasem swallowed hard at a giant lump in his throat. Inwardly, he prayed that it would go ok.

Having finished unpacking, Kasem waited back in the hallway for Angelina to meet back up.

Edited by Daydreamer09