Fortune86

The Power Inside

((DUN DUN DUN!)))

Gwen looked the strange man up and down. He was dressed up as a soldier. Was he from Tehgrimm Suda? If so, then the 'Lord' that he referred to must be Lord Jyeh. What would he want with the school? Surely he had enough Summoners at his disposal?

Imari directed the man towards the insides of the school and told him to seek out Ceil. She stepped back to allow the man through, and saw Seth watching the man very carefully. Looking back at the man she bit her lip. Some how she doubted things were going to go smoothly for the soldier.

((O Haha.))

"New students? You're both late. As you can see" he said indicating to Archer. "Your classmates could have done with your help."

Angelina turned toward the voice and blushed.

"Sorry, we got a bit hung up." She said apologetically.

"My name is Angelina...what happened to him?" She asked glancing at Archer.

Edited by evangeline5432

"Tried to use more power than he had because most of his class mates are lazy gits" said Ceil coldly. "If you want to go and join the others, head down the corridor behind me and head through the first gate you come to."

Ceil rapped on the infirmary door again.

"Rosa!"

Edited by Fortune86

Angelina was shocked by the coldness in his voice.

"O...Ok." She said and start to head toward the class, then looked back"

"If he needs healing, I can help. I am better at healing magic then anything else Sir" She said in a small voice.

Edited by evangeline5432

"Yes of course" said Ceil sarcastically. "Obviously the best course of action is to hand my student over to some complete unknown who has just walked through the door rather than a professional I know and trust."

He looked at Angelina over his shoulder.

"Shove off already."

At that moment Rosa opened the door and sighed.

"Ceil, don't."

Ceil carried Archer past her and laid him on the bed, ignoring her plea to behave.

"Stupid fool pushed himself too hard."

Angelina shrugged, her eyes glared dangerously and her fiend let out a low growl.

"I have healed a lot of people...I wouldn't be here if not for that...people started noticing and I was sent here. Dad had no other choice but to send me," she muttered the last bit under her breath. She followed the man.

"Fine, you don't trust me, I am probably just another greedy summoner but at least give me a chance to prove myself."

Edited by evangeline5432

Ceil turned away from Archer and Rosa and marched over to Angelina. Grabbing her by the arm he pulled her out into the corridor and slammed the door shut behind them. He threw her forward a little before letting go.

"If you want to prove yourself than start by doing what you are told. I have no time for students who think they know better or disobey orders. If you have a problem with that, then leave. I'm not the one who will end up getting arrested."

She stumbled but quickly regained her balance. Her fiend glared at the man, Angelina shook her head at Aiedail, warning her not to growl or anything. She was used to rough treatment.

"Sorry Sir, just trying to help." She said with a meek smile then turned and started to walk towards the classroom.

"And you think i'm grumpy when I get shot with an arrow. She said quietly to her fiend when the man was out of earshot.

"Not even a name."

((I just realize both Tim and my char that control the light have wolves.(Angelina's is a sort of wolf. When she folds her wing in she looks like a wolf.) tongue.gif))

((Actually Vang, my Light char has a Fairy-like Fiend, it's Coral who has a wolf.))

"Ceil, eh? He's the guy who teaches now arrivals nowadays? I take it the big one over there is his Fiend too?" Merric said, looking at the large Fiend perched on the wall. "Guess I'll 'ave to go an' find 'im then. Hawke! You stay here, I'll go inside to look fer Ceil and Noland." He continued and his Fiend flew up again and perched himself on the wall opposite to Seth.

Merric went trough the door and into the corridor and noticed a man and a girl with her wolf-like Fiend in there. He yelled at them "Are you the one named Ceil? If so, can ye tell me where Noland is, I've got a message fer 'im."

((Huh? But Tim's light character has a fairy/sprite/pixie for a Fiend....

Shadowblade I'll leave Rosa's healing of Archer in your hands.))

((O sorry, I was looking at the wrong picture. >_<))

Angelina looked at the newcomer.

"I didn't catch his name, sorry, but I would guess that is him." She said pointing at the man who had ordered her to class.

"Excuse me Sir, I am late for class." She said to the man and walked past him Aiedail following just a few inches behind.

Edited by evangeline5432

((Oops. Sorry Tim))

As Angelina walked away a man in a soldiers uniform entered through the door. The door leading to the Training Areas, that did not lead to the outside world. Ceil's eyes narrowed with distrust and he turned to face the man properly.

"Noland isn't here" he said striding forward, his dark eyes taking in every aspect of the strange man. "But you can leave the message with me. I'll make sure he gets it."

"I think I'll wait a bit fer Noland to get back. My lord wants an answer as soon as possible. And besides, the best way to be sure something gets done is to do it yourself." Merric said to the teacher. He immediatly took a disliking for him. Bah, if only ol' Ephron hadn't went missing... "When's he comin back 'ere anyway?"

"Noland will be away for a few more days yet" said Ceil. "We do not know when he will be able to return."

He looked the soldier up and down for a moment before speaking again.

"Your master would be Jyeh, wouldn't it?"

"My lord..." Merric said, he didn't like the word master. "...is indeed Jyeh, citizen. Got a problem with that?" He looked at Ceil as if he was challenging him to deny Lord Jyeh's authority so he had an excuse to punch him in the face.

"Where did Noland go off to this time? I'll go find 'im myself if you can't help me further." He wanted to leave this man behind as soon as possible before he could no longer control himself and things got out of hand. Merric knew he could handle him in a man-to-man fight, but if his giant Fiend joined in, he was no longer so sure.

((Boy, those two really like each other, don't they? tongue.gif))

"That might not be such a wise idea" said Ceil coldly. "Considering that he is away burying his son. Whatever business Jyeh has will have to wait until Noland returns. If you insist on delivering the message yourself you can stay in Niefir. I believe you will be able to find suitable lodgings at one of the taverns."

Kiyser could not believe what just happened. His eyes wide, his mouth open, he stared at the giant earth worm. He tried to summon his fiend, but he could not force the words to come out.

"S...Sn...Snnn...." the earth worm heard him and twisted its body in his direction. Kiyser could almost feel his heart in his throat. Gasping, he managed to say the word he needed to. "Snowfall!" feeling an icy chill wash over him, frost emerged from his crystal and his fiend, Giiseel, formed in front of him. Giiseel roared and the ground he stood on turned white and frozen. Kiyser found that he was able to begin thinking straight. The earth worm would be soft and squishy, while Giiseel, being made out of ice, would be much more solid. Standing up, he started to command his fiend. "Rip him apart!" he yelled. Giiseel, flexing his icy claws, began to move slowly toward the worm. As soon as he was in range, he swept his right arm at the worm, making multiple cuts through its body. The worm tried to fight back, biting at the arm, but the teeth could not grip the ice and they slid straight off. Feeling like this was an easy fight, Kiyser commanded Giiseed to finish it off. Giiseel bent over and bit down on the worm, ripping it in half and killing it. He chewed it once and spat the rest back out.

"No don't do that!" Kiyser yelled at it. He started to feel the horrible taste of the worm and began to gag. Giiseel laughed at him. "Not funny!" Kiyser snapped at him. Suddenly, Giiseel stopped laughing. "That's right." Kiyser muttered. He then noticed that Giiseel was staring at something behind him and tried to move over to him. Unfortunately, Giiseel was very slow moving and he could not make it in time to save Kiyser. Kiyser looked behind him to find another earth worm's mouth flying at him. Screaming out in terror, Kiyser felt the teeth puncture his skin and rip through him. Giiseel immediately slashed through the worm, killing it as well. Kiyser felt the teeth release him and he fell back down to the ground. He spluttered and looked up at Giiseel, who now stood over him.

Are you okay? Kiyser looked at himself. He spotted many wounds and saw how the blood leaked out of him.

"No..." he managed to say. He felt the pain throughout his body. He looked up at the wagon, which was sideways on the ground. "Find the driver." Kiyser rasped. Giiseel immediately wrushed over to the wagon and flipped it back upright. The horses were still alive, but some of them had broken legs. As for the driver...Giiseel bent down to examine him. The driver was motionless. Giiseel began to talk to Kiyser again.

He dead. Giiseel stated in his bad grammar.

"No!" Kiyser's eyes shimmered.

Yes. Crushed to death.

"W-What are we going to do then?"

Kiyser, are how bad you hurt? Kiyser groaned as he tried to move.

"I'm not going to die anytime soon, but I need a doctor."

I carry you. That okay? Kiyser almost never allowed Giiseel to carry him. He was slow and he wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. However, he needed a doctor, and this was the only way.

"Yeah. Hurry up though. I don't want to bleed out." Kiyser screamed out in pain as Giiseel lifted him up. He was hurt much more than he thought he was. And Giiseel's icy temperature did not help. Each step was painful for Kiyser, but eventually they would make it to Niefir. He just hoped that they would not run into any more worms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know his son had died." He looked down, feeling sorry for Noland. Heh, I didn't even know he HAD a son... He thought, realising how little he knew about his former school's headmaster. "I'll pay a visit to my father then and stay with 'im fer a couple o' days. I'll come back 'ere every day to check if Noland arrived." He turned around and started walking back to the training area, so Hawke could pick him up again and carry him to his father's old place.

((Ears, his father Kyle is a lumberjack who lives near the Niefir forest, so you can run into him if you want wink.gif.))

"Oh yey" muttered Ceil under his breath sarcastically. So he had to look forward to this moron dropping in every day now did he? He hopped Noland would return soon and get rid of him.

Ceil followed the soldier along the corridor and back outside. Turning into the Training Area where he had left the students he opened his hands out as he walked to indicate he wanted an answer.

"Well?"

((Yep, thanks Tim.))

Wes stiffened as he heard Ceil's voice.

"Uhh..." he grinned at him and rubbed the back of his head. "Well Torn said that we were too unorganised at the start of the battle. You know, everyone was trying to use as many attacks as they could. And even after we did form a plan--uhh, if you could call it a plan--we relied too heavily on one person and now he's...kinda hurt." Only after his explanation did Wes dare look Ceil in the eye. "Oh, and we're not sure if you put that cage of vespids underneath that tree on purpose. Did you?" he asked innocently. He hoped that Ceil wouldn't strike him down, or at least call him 'Scarhead', but Wes knew that it was probably inevitable.

"Yes" said Ceil sarcastically. "I put the cage there on purpose. You know why? Because it had to go somewhere. You couldn't have a lesson if I left the damn things inside now could you?"

The dark haired teacher looked round at the students.

"At least you are right about being disorganised. I've never seen such a sorry bunch before in my life. But that wasn't your first mistake. Anyone care to have a guess?"

Merric decided to wait a bit with leaving as he was curious to see how this Ceil guy handled his class. He told Hawke to pick him up and put him onto the wall next to the hawk-like Fiend himself. He sat there and watched how Ceil came outside as well and said one word to his students: "Well?" Merric assumed Ceil gave his students a question to think about while he went inside for some reason.

He was rather amused with the answer one of them gave and smiled. Typical for new summoners, overextending... He was a bit surprised at what the boy said further though. It looked like another cage of Vespids opened during the battle by 'accident'. Things like that would never have happened if ol' Ephron was still 'round.

Edited by timpieh

Ceil glared up at the soldier. The moron had for some reason decided to stay and watch.

"This is not a spectator sport. Please leave" he said coldly.

Seth rearranged his postion on the stone wall, his own stare just as cold as his Summoner's.

Kaylee looked around at all the others, her eyes searching everyones' face to see if they were going to try and answer. She sighed and turned around, noticing that most people seemed to frightened to answer, well, besides Wes. She looked up at Ceil, trying to be brave. "W-we didn't cooperate well enough?" she stuttered, hoping she was right.

Imari looked as the man disappeared behind the door but it was not long before he came out again followed by Ceil. She looked at them both and getting a vibe that things isn’t right between them but she shook it off.

Ceil began to speak asking about the practice the just had and Imari wasn’t sure if she could answer him. Luckily Wes spoke but by the looks of it, it was the answer he was looking for then Kaylee. She looked at Gwen giving a rather big sigh before she spoke hoping she might be able to give a right answer.

“The Vespids used not magic attacks.” she said in a firm voice out load. “Some of us noticed it, that all the attacks where physical.” Imari continued to speak and looked at Gwen referring to her that she was the one who noticed it. Before she continued she looked to Seth and then back to Ceil.

“We also think it was you and Seth that blocked the Vespids magical attacks. Thus this should have been easy for us to defeat them but it’s clear that we don’t know much about battle or team work.” she said in a rather heavy voice. She didn’t know if anything she said was right but she could only hope Ceil wouldn’t be rude to her.