Fortune86

The Power Inside

"Bah, ye're no fun, man. Alright, Hawkey-boy, we'll be off then." He said as his Fiend flew up from the wall and picked Merric up by his shoulders. As they were rising, Merric couldn't help but whip up a little twister, send it to Ceil and have it disintegrate right in front of him to taunt him.

Without waiting to see how he responded - he would probably find out the day after - Hawke flew off to the outskirts of Niefir to the house where Merric was born. When they arrived at the place, Merric noticed his father wasn't there. He's probably still in the woods, the ol' man. Let's go find 'im then. "Hawke you may go now." He said and his Fiend flew up high and disappeared. Most summoners have their Fiends come out of their chests, but not Hawke. He always came and went from and to the sky. He entered the forest in search of his father.

((Kiyser and Merric meeting in 3, 2, ... tongue.gif))

"No, you weren't cooperating at all. Several of you charged right into battle without thinking while the rest of you were content to sit back and enjoy the show. When you did come up with a plan some you of didn't act fast enough to put it into motion. Not because you couldn't but because you didn't trust one another. But that is still not the answer I am looking for."

He ignored the small twister the soldier sent at him. If he wanted to waste energy with pointless showing off that was up to him. When Imari spoke Ceil looked at her and smiled. It was hard to tell if he was pleased or annoyed.

"So you figured out that much did you? Yes, I stopped the Vespids from using magic and it's just as well. If they had behaved as they did in the wild then I'd be scraping your remains off the grass."

He looked at each of his students in turn, deciding that none of them were going to realise what he was after.

"Your first and biggest mistake was that you all underestimated your opponents. I warned you at the very start that they were intelligent creatures but none of you took heed until one of them tricked you into freeing it's comrades. At that point you were nearly overwhelmed. A good rule of survival is to study your enemy closely and find out what you are up against before you engage them. If you continue to act without thinking then one day you are going to run into something that will kill you, as these Vespids would have done if the situation had been otherwise."

((....one))

Kiyser was in too much pain to keep moving.

"Put me down for a minute." Giiseel did so and gently, well, gently by Giiseel's standards, lay Kiyser on the ground. He was bleeding much more than before and he wasn't so sure about being to live through it anymore. The pain was unbearable, he was starting to suspect that the earth worm's saliva had some sort of poison in it. Every time he tried to move, he felt pain and he became very exhausted. He noticed a movement in the forest, it was far away, but it would still be in earshot. If it was another worm, Kiyser would be dead. He thought of sending Giiseel over to it to kill it, but he did not want to be on his own while he was gone. Though, he wasn't entirely sure it was a worm. If it was a person...

"Giiseel, quick, see that thing over there? Reflect the sun off your arm on it." Kiyser commanded. Giiseel, obviously confused, stood there for a while.

Why you want me to...?

"Earth worms don't have eyes, they feel the viabrations in the earth. If that's a person over there, then they might save me. Do it now!" Giiseel, now understanding and, frankly, impressed by Kiyser's intuition, tried to reflect the sun on the figure in the distance. Trees covered most of the light, but hopefully there would be enough to catch someone's attention.

((Ugh, Fortune you ninja...))

Wes' eyes widened a little. Sure, the vespids were tough, but...did he really think they would be dead? He could almost feel his heart skip as Ceil's icy gaze met his eyes. Looking around, he decided to break the silence.

"Umm..." he started off quietly, but found confidence as he spoke. "So is that the end of the training or is there more?" he then muttered under his breath to no-one, "I hope that boy is okay..."

Edited by earwig

((I just want to point out very quickly that only dark types can poison o3o))

((Okay. I just wanted to make sure smile.gif

And ninja? It took forever to write up that post.))

Ceil walked through the group of students. There were still a couple of cages of Vespids left, not having been smashed apart when their frozen comrades fell.

He bent over and took a quick count of how many were left before standing up right and facing the class again.

"There are ten Vespids left. It's dangerous to keep them imprisoned for too long. So who wants to finish them off? I'll take three of you."

"I don't mind having another go" said Gwen stepping forward.

"I'll go." Kaylee said, stepping up next to Gwen, Ai sitting down beside her.

She didn't want to sit around here any longer, and she could really use the training. She looked back at the others, waiting for one more person to join them.

Edited by angelkay

Wes looked up as Ceil told the class that there were still a couple left. Seeing that Kaylee had stepped up, he wanted to step up too.

"Yep, me too. That okay Torn?" She flew over to him, gave him a slightly annoyed look, then nodded. "I think that's a yes." Wes said. She glanced at him and spread her fans. Wes then realised that he was already kind of tired and this battle wouldn't help. And there were ten of them, too. At least he could stun them for a little while and the others could finish them off.

"Very well" said Ceil moving back towards the cages. "Be prepared. The rest of you back off so you don't get in the way."

"Can you guys stop them from separating?" asked Gwen quietly. "Seiryu can finish them off in one hit if they stay close enough together."

Wes cocked his head to the side at the girl's request.

"Uhh...I could try. Maybe...hmm...what if they were caught inside a tornado? Would that be good enough?" he squeaked to her. He then noticed Ceil moving toward the cages. Okay, here we go. He suddenly called out to him. "Ey Ceil, what element type are these things, anyway? Maybe I should've asked that before..."

Kaylee nodded.

"I'll try my best." she said, and then climbed up onto Ai's back.

"I don't know if it will work, but I'll try to surround them in some sort of water shield." She added, not sure if the Vespids would be able to break free.

Edited by angelkay

"They're wind elements" said Gwen quickly as Ceil reached for the lid of the first cage. "So wind attacks won't do any good."

Ceil ripped off the lid and five Vespids buzzed into the air. They were quickly joined by the inhabitants of the second box and they made as if to fly off in different directions.

"Oh..." Wes muttered to the girl. Damn it! Wes cursed under his breath. Well there goes the tornado idea. Maybe Torn will be able to round them up a little, at least. Wes' eyes windened as the lids were ripped off. He hated these things, especially if they were flying all over the place. He immediately began to take charge. "Alright, Kay, see if you can trap some of them in a water shield. I'll get Torn to use her fans and blow the others in from the outside. Just make sure that they can get in, but not out. You...uhh..." he forgot the third girl's name. "Uhh...get your fiend to stay near us in case any get too close. Let us know if you need any help. Alright? Now go!"

"Right" said Gwen.

Stepping back a little to make room for her Fiend Gwen raised a hand to her chest and tapped it gently.

"Muja!"

Seiryu wound his way out of her body and coiled himself up behind and above her. He turned his dragonic face towards the Vespids and roared, ready to attack when needed.

Imari figured that much it wasn’t really the answer he was looking for but at least it was an answer he accepted. Looking at the others Ceil asked if they would like a second round at the last Vespids. She didn’t join the group as she wanted the other who did not have a chance before get one. After the three students stepped up Imari went to take shelter by the wall out of there way. In silence she cheered them on knowing the will win this one as a team.

"Alright, Ai, Let's go!" Kaylee said, grasping onto Ai's fur as he charged forward.

"Quickly! Use your water shield!" She added, watching as Ai slightly lifted his muzzle and shot a large bubble made of water out of his mouth, engulfing four of the Vespids inside.

"Okay, Keep the shield up." she said to Ai, who was concentrating on the shield.

"Wes, It's your turn!" she called out to Wes, following his instructions.

Edited by angelkay

"Good, alright Torn, let's see what you can do!" he shouted as Torn stepped forward. "...and let's see if this actually works..." he muttered to himself. Torn, moving her head as she tracked one vespid flying toward them, rushed forward and swept her fan through the air. The vespid was knocked through the bubble and crashed into another vespid. It was caught! Alright! That's half of them already. Not bad now, eh Ceil? Torn sent another one flying through the air, but it went straight through the bubble and out the other side. Torn would have to get just the right amount of power to make it stop inside. Wes was so caught up in the action that he didn't even notice the one vespid that was approaching him from his blind spot...

A lightning strike hit the Vespid sneaking up on Wesley. Gwen knew that since the others were busy trying to group the Vespids together they would not be able to defend themselves, so the smart thing to do would be to watch their backs for them until she could attack the trapped Vespids.

"Be careful Wesley" she called over to him. "Don't let them sneak up behind you."

"Hang in there, Ai, just keep concentrating." Kaylee said, petting his neck. She could tell he was starting to get tired, but he had to wait until Wes had grouped all of the Vespids into the shield.

"Be careful you guys!" she called out to the other two, watching as Gwen killed a Vespid that was heading towards Wes.

Edited by angelkay

Wes staggered and fell backwards as the lightning bolt flew across him. For a second he thought it was something trying to attack him, but he then heard that it was only the girl--ugh, what was her name?--fending off a vespid sneaking up on him. Torn, alarmed by the sudden noise, snapped her head in Wes' direction, making sure he was alright. As she did so, a vespid flew at her and stung her in the neck. Wes, suddenly feeling the sting, clasped at the side of his neck, where he could already fell blood worming its way through his fingers. Making a choked noise, he screamed out. Not only did it hurt, it stung. It felt like it was on fire! Torn, overcome by rage, immediately sliced the vespid open with her razor-sharp fan. She felt bad for letting herself get stung like that, but she could not afford to look back at Wes. She needed to continue on with the task at hand. Blood was pouring out of her wound, too, but she could not feel it. She simply ignored it and sent a mental message to him.

I'm sorry. I should have been more careful--

"It's okay," Wes groaned. "I'll be fine, just keep fighting." Torn, still feeling guilty, flew around to the other side of the bubble and swept another vespid inside. There were six inside, she just slashed one, and another was struck by lightning. So where were the last two?

"Keep it going Ai, don't give up, were almost done." Kaylee said, jumping off his back. She ran over to Wes, quickly glancing back at Ai to make sure he was alright.

"Here." She said, ripping off another piece of fabric off of the bottom of her shirt, handing it to him. "Do you need to go to the clinic?"

Edited by angelkay

The reason why Gwen had been unable to defend Torn from her attacker was because one of Wesley's missing Vespids had dived right for her. Gwen leapt to one side and let Seiryu snap the insect up in his jaws, filling her mouth with their disgusting taste for the third time that day.

"Eurgh" she spat as she tried to wipe her tongue clean. "I'm going to go brush my teeth for half an hour right after this."

((I'll be going home in about ten minutes so lets try to wrap this up smile.gif))

Edited by Fortune86

Wes lifted himself to his knees and found Kaylee standing over him, another strip of her shirt torn off in her hand. He couldn't help it, he burst out laughing.

"If things keep going like this, you'll need another shirt by the end of the day!" He grinned at her and took the strip. "I'll be fine for now, just finish up here." he winced as he applied the strip to his neck. Looking back up to where the action was, Wes locked his eyes on Torn. Well, until he noticed that whatshername's fiend chomped down on another vespid. Right over him. He was showered in vespid-juice. "Ugh...aww...AWW!!" he tried to shake the vespid-juice off his arms. "That's...fantastic..." he murmured. Sighing, and shooting a look at whatshername, he looked around for the last vespid. It had to be around here somewhere. He caught the sight of something moving behind Kaylee. "Watch out!" he yelled before he saw something else fly at it from the side and slice through it. How's that? Torn bragged.

"Wha-?" Wes looked back at Torn, who was missing a fan. He looked back at the vespid and saw that it was sliced cleanly in two, the fan embedded in the wall where the rest of the students were standing. Thankfully, it managed to miss them all. "How did you--? I--? Did you see that!?" Wes fumbled for words. It was amazing! Torn usually never did anything like that. He glanced up and saw the bubble of vespids. "Oh, get it to attack them now!" Wes yelled out. He would get over the amazing fan throw later.

Gwen didn't need to be told twice. Throwing her arm out in front of her she silently commanded Seiryu to attack. The azure dragon rose a little higer in the air, Vespid juices still dripping from his maw, and let rip.

Several bolts of lightning hit the bubble encasing the struggling insects. Harsh flashes of light were accompanied by the dying screams of the Vespids and the bubble of water exploded.

Seiryu lowered himself down so that he could peer at the soaked and motionless bodies on the grass. He sniffed a couple of the lifeless Vespids before withdrawing back to Gwen's side. The fight was over.

"Watch out!" Wes yelled, looking at something behind Kaylee.

"What?" she said, turning around just in time to see Torn's fan slice through a Vespid and implant itself in the wall next to the other students.

"Woah...H-how did she do that?" Kaylee said, her eyes wide. She felt herself get sprayed with water, and turned towards Seiryu, noticing all the wet, lifeless bodies of Vespids surrounding them. "Okay, So it wasn't just water." she thought to herself, trying to wipe off the bug juice.

Ai trotted towards Kaylee and sat next to her, his tongue dangling out of the side of his mouth, panting. "Good job, Ai." Kaylee said, petting his damp fur.

She looked at Gwen, Wes, Seiryu, and Torn, grinning. "Nice job! You guys did great!"