Fortune86

The Power Inside

"They didn't say" replied Gwen. "I think they must be pretty tired from the journey."

((I edited my post Fortune before you posted that.))

Angelina walked besides Kasem. When they got to the mess hall she piled some food on her plate then sat down next to Kasem, she didn't realize how hungry she was till just then. She started eating then paused to listen to the man.

"Listen up twerps" He spoke "As soon as you are all done report to Training Area One. Now that you are here we'll start getting you ready for combat. I just hope that some of you have already had some experience fighting or it's going to be a very long next few weeks."

"Should be interesting." She said and looked over at Kasem. Was he paler?

"Are you ok?"

Wes hesitated. What would Ceil hate him more for; not cleaning the toilets or turning up late to eat? He looked at the scrubber in his hand. In an instant, he propped it up against the wall.

"Alright." He replied. He would much rather eat now instead of cleaning. Yawning, he slowly made his way over to the mess hall, only to catch the end of what Ceil was saying.

"...it's going to be a very long next few weeks." Wes laughed to himself. Yeah, it sure will be. He looked around the hall and decided who to sit next to. Without a second thought, he made his way over to Kaylee and threw his hat on the table.

"So what are we eating?" he smiled at her.

Kaylee jumped as a hat was thrown onto the table, thinking that Ceil was here to yell at her for not heading straight for the training area. She looked up hesitantly and saw Wes smiling at her. She sighed in relief and smiled back at him.

"So what are we eating?" he asked.

Kaylee thought for a minute and replied,"I guess it's some sort of lamb salad."

Edited by angelkay

((Gwen had already walked away when you posted that Vang. She won't have heard.))

"I'll take the plates" said Rosa as Ceil finished his lunch. "You go on ahead."

Ceil nodded and stacked his empty plate on top of Rosa.

"Thanks. Make sure you get something to eat tonight."

"You're going out again?" asked Rosa concerned.

"Someone has to."

Ceil stood up and left the infirmary. The twerps should be close to finishing their meals now so they would be ready to start training soon. He followed the corridor to the door that lead to the training areas and once outside opened the gate into the first one.

Edited by Fortune86

Having a look at the kitchen Imari thought it was really nice. She liked big kitchens. There is enough space to work and there might be no cluttering when cooking needs to be done. She looked at the sink and started to tap some water in. Looking around she notice nothing she could use to wash with or to clean with.

“Gwen, do you see any kind of stuff that will help with cleaning and so on in there?” she asked still looking around a bit. In her search she almost forgot about the water tapping into the sink. She quickly closed it up and wiped her forehead. “That was to close. Don’t want to get in big trouble on the first day.” she said while smiling at the others.

"Oh hang on! I'll have a look."

Closing the pantry door Gwen hurried back over to Imari. There was nothing on the work surfaces that looked right for washing up, so she started looking in the cupboards near the sink.

In the second one she found a bottle of lemony scented liquid. She took it out and handed it to Imari.

"This should do. At least there is plenty of it."

Feeling slightly stupid for not checking there in the first place Imari took some of the liquid and squirted a bit in the water. “Thanks Gwen.” Imari said while using her hand to make a bit of foam. “We should hurry. I don’t think Ceil is a patient one.” She spoke while starting to wash faster. Not before long Imari was finished and placed the plates and utensils to dry on a rack. Quickly drying her hands off on some clothe she walked looking in cupboards and peeking in by the door where Gwen earlier was she continued with her exploration until the others where finished.

"Lamb salad?" Wes searched the room, looking for something that resembled a salad. "Eehhh, doesn't sound all that great to me." He sat down next to Kaylee, running his fingers through his hair. Lamb? No, that does not sit well with him. He was a vegetarian, he could not have that. If he really wanted to, he could have picked the lamb out of the rest of the salad, but that would take too long, and he was not all that hungry anyway. He sighed and looked at the kitchen, where a lot of scrambling and noise was coming from. Wes hesitated before asking "Do you think we should help?" He had not eaten anything, but it still felt like the right thing to do. He scooped his hat back on his head and turned to face Kaylee.

"No problem."

While Imari wahsed up Gwen grabbed a towel and started drying some of the dishes and putting them away. She had to leave the glasses though, as she had no idea where they went. They would have to find out later.

Glancing out of the window she realised something as she put the towel back.

"Where's Training Area One? I didn't look at any of the numbers?"

The last thing she wanted to do was go to the wrong place.

Diana followed the two in, quickly washing her own plate. Reaching for the towel which Imari had just put away, she dried her own plate and put both towel and plate away. Looking over at her, she shrugged. "We'll have to just go out and find it, I guess. No other way - unless someone has a map or something."

Edited by Chicogal

Gwen nodded,

"Let's get moving then. I don't want Ceil biting our heads off because we got lost."

Moving past Imari and Diana Gwen walked over towards the door and pulled it open to see Kaylee and Wesley.

"Oh hey guys. Are you going to practise now?"

“I have an idea!” said Imari with a big smile. “Why don’t we walk extremely fast through all the training areas until we see him.” She said not being very sure of herself if it was really a good idea. “Or,” she spoke with excitement before she continued “Why not ask Rosa? She seems nice and might be able to tell us.” She said looking at the others while they started to make their way to the door.

"Sure!" Diana exclaimed at Imari's idea. It was actually a pretty good one. "Shall we go and ask Rosa first, and then walk around if she doesn't know? It sounds like the best plan to me." With a slight shrug, she glanced at the door, where two others were standing. They didn't have to wait for them. "Shall we go?"

Wes' head shot up.

"Practice?" he asked. He looked out of a window and realised that Ceil probably told them that they had to train. Well, if it meant getting out of cleaning ((again laugh.gif )) then it seemed good. He stood up and scooped his hat back on his head. "Well why not?" He started to walk over to...oh, he didn't know her name. "Uhh..." Wes blushed for a second, embarressed. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." He quickly glanced back at Kaylee. "Coming?"

"We're going to go and check with Rosa the right location. Come with us."

Diana asked if they should go and Gwen nodded.

"Uh huh. The quicker the better I think."

Stepping out into the hallway to left Imari and Diana out of the kitchen Gwen began to walk down the corridor towards the infirmary. She raised her hand to knock but the door opened before she could. Rosa stood there and looked down at her with a smile.

"Oh hello. Is everything alright?"

She held two plates in her hand. She must be on her way to the kitchen.

"Sure Selphie. Sit down." Haruhi smiled at Selphie.

She went back to eating.

((block))

"Yeah." Kaylee replied, getting up from the table and walking over to Wes and Gwen. She smiled gratefully, and then out into the hallway an towards the infirmary with the others. "I wonder how they'll make us train...?" Kaylee thought, her mind racing. She had so many questions about this school, that would probably never be answered.

Edited by angelkay

Following Gwen the small group went to the infirmary only to find Rosa on her way to the kitchen. Imari smiled at her and gave a little wave from the side. Looking down the hall she saw the door to where Ceil showed them where the training area was but not informing much about then having numbers. “What a pain.” She thought to herself about Ceil. She was slightly frustrated but she had to keep her temper in.

"Um. We were kind of wondering if you could just tell us where training area one is?" asked Gwen.

"Hmm? Oh it's the first one you come to when you go through that door" said Rosa pointing to her left. "It has a great big one on the gate, you can't miss it."

Nothing about Rosa's tone was sarcastic or mean, but Gwen blushed anyway. It sounded really obvious when you thought about it.

"Okay, thank you."

Giving Rosa a goodbye wave Gwen turned on her heel and began to run down the corridor.

"Come on guys" she called back to the others.

Kaylee nodded a 'Thank you' to Rosa and then darted after Gwen, not wanting to be left behind. "Rosa seems to be the nicest person working here." Kaylee thought, her mind wandering back to how she still might have to clean the toilets. She shuddered away from the thought, not even wanting to know how nasty the toilets were.

Kaylee looked around the group, wondering who else had a water type fiend like herself. "Ehh, I guess I'll find out later." She thought.

Edited by angelkay

Rosa told them where the training ground one was and smiled at herself when she said there was a big one on the gate.

“Thank you Rosa.” said Imari before she darted off with the rest. Soon everyone reached the door but Imari wasn’t sure if she was ready. Slightly hesitant she stared at the door. A she stared the door down Imari wondered in what ways would Ceil train them. Her mind became a confusing place. She shook herself right and came to her senses. “I just hope he isn’t going to surprise us or anything when we go in.” she thought as she waited for someone to open the door.

Imari reached the door first, but hesitated. Gwen knew how she felt. Ceil might throw anything at them. What if he used his own Fiend against them? Gwen had no idea how they, a group of students still more or less new to battles, might be able to handle that.

She pushed the door open for Imari, giving her a smile as she went past, and headed towards the first gate. Sure enough, there was a large '1' written across the bars.

Steppping inside the Training Area Gwen looked around. It was mostly grass with a few trees spotted around here and there. Ceil was standing in the middle, his back towards them and staring up at the brilliant blue sky over head again.

"Oh yeah, Selphie. We have to go for practise... Before Ceil kills us..." Haruhi said to Selphie.

((I think you guys move to fast for some of the other players... I can't continue without Durppie. I think we should wait))

((Yeah, this does move fast, and it's hard to not leave people in the dust.))

((Yeah, this does move fast, and it's hard to not leave people in the dust.))

((Agree'd... I think we should try to slow down. And not make this a one on one with the two people who are here most of the time. And I'm not trying to be rude Fortune, sorry if I seem rude))