Saartje

Lineage Advice

From your "Other mockups I made:" the left one is my favourite.

I second this!

If you want to create a deadline, you might as well just use 2 offspring of your dragon above.

Otherwise, any Halloween dragon that you have a male of? Would basically mean switching the mate's breed after every 2 generations.

Well, it'd be female because Brindlescale is a male ^^;

I have CB witchlights because they're the only CB Halloween Dragons I've been on DC for.

What should I do with this lovely Thuwed? smile.gif

https://dragcave.net/lineage/8GLTg

It will be a while until I can get a Solstice checker

You might try building a temporary mate substituting Azure Glacewings for the Solstice. I'm sure there are other possibilities, too, that one is just the first thought I had.

You might try building a temporary mate substituting Azure Glacewings for the Solstice. I'm sure there are other possibilities, too, that one is just the first thought I had.

Thanks, I might try building a temporary mate smile.gif

Hmm, which lineage should I build? Perfect checker or Imperfect checker?

user posted image

user posted image

@Seahorse: I like the 2nd one! I usually prefer classic/perfect checkers better, but in this case the "imperfect" one looks really nice.

~

After playing for more than 7 years I finally got my first CB Gold, and I don't know what to do with her. rolleyes.gif

I'd rather not start yet another Holiday lineage. True rare X true rare doesn't really appeal to me... but of course it shouldn't be too common or I'll never get a Gold out of it. So I guess an uncommon, rare-ish breed, but... which one?

Any idea would be welcome--what are your favorite mates for female Golds? happy.gif

@Seahorse - I think I prefer the uneven one, too. There are so many breeds that you can build regular checkers with, but limited breeds that allow the sort of uneven pattern that you have proposed. I think it is fun to take advantage of the breeding properties that those breeds have.

After playing for more than 7 years I finally got my first CB Gold, and I don't know what to do with her. rolleyes.gif

I'd rather not start yet another Holiday lineage. True rare X true rare doesn't really appeal to me... but of course it shouldn't be too common or I'll never get a Gold out of it. So I guess an uncommon, rare-ish breed, but... which one?

Any idea would be welcome--what are your favorite mates for female Golds?  happy.gif

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the imperfect lineage smile.gif I've got one dragon towards it already!

Congrats on your CB gold! I'm still trying and it's been 7 years here too laugh.gif

How about Coppers, Sunsongs, Kingcrownes, Celestials or Tangars? Hmm too many ideas..

@Aleoleo - I only have one CB Gold female and she was a gift. I also have one male that was a gift. I have never caught one of my own, so congratulations on finally getting one.

One of my favorite combinations for the female Gold is with the Blacks - it is an old combination that I see less often now that there are more options, but I still like it. I also like them x green Nebula, Any of the dragons that have some gold in them look nice, too -- Bolt, Electric, Fever, Thunder, Radiant Angel, etc. There are others that look good because of their body build. It all depends on the look you like. smile.gif

Well I didn't catch the Gold myself, I won it in the GGG Raffle. tongue.gif I've never even seen a Gold in the cave in all my years, although I've seen plenty of Silvers (and missed 99% of them lol).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions! I've been studying my favorites.

• Blacks: I like them very much with Golds as well. So much that I reached 5th gen (starting with 3rd and 4th gens). I... probably don't want to start from scratch again. biggrin.gif
  • Green Nebulas: very pretty, I've seen it around. I'm hesitating though--Nebs can be so frustrating. Still... very tempting.
  • Fevers: niiiiice... Here's a mockup. But will I ever manage to get a Gold out of it? I have a GW X Fever lineage going on and it's so grueling to get just a GW, do I even stand a chance with a Gold?
  • Kingcrownes: lovely, just look at that! wub.gif With the breed being so recent it's going to be hard work to get a Gold... But still, I really like it...
  • Sunsongs: should be easier to handle, since they're way older. (?) Here, another mockup. It's very pretty as well.
Guess I need to ponder some more...

What's an easy (likes to actually produce eggs laugh.gif) & nice-looking breed to make a PB song-lyric lineage from?

Also, for doing song lineages, how many words would you suggest per dragon name? How can you work out how many CB pairs you need to start with?

Also, what would you do if the chorus repeats itself throughout the song?

Anyone got any higher gen examples to check out for reference?

Sorry for 20 questions! Thanks!

Edited by Seahorse

Any Ideas for this Gal? I don't really want any pink sweetlings in the line..

Maybe look for a Black mate instead of a Sweetling?

I have no idea what to do with this Tinsel. I don't have any CB Sweetlings. Any suggestions?

I have no idea what to do with this Tinsel. I don't have any CB Sweetlings. Any suggestions?

That's a great idea!

As for yours, perhaps a CB Royal Crimson would make a good mate? It would match the red colors in the Alt sweetling quite well. Or maybe a pink? I have the same struggles since I was grounded the month that they came out... dry.gif

Edited by Ninetails

You could continue the line with an Enraged and a Peaceful Aegis (if you have both variants as CB), keeping the theme of the two different Sweetlings. But if there isn't another holiday that has two CB variations in the near future you'd have to think of something else to continue it (maybe other dragons that differ, like Sunrise/Sunset, Green/Purple Neb etc.).

Or you do a "all kinds of CB male Holiday mates" lineage, adding Christmas and Halloween dragons to it as well as other Valentine's.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Do you have an arsani? My first choice of mate would be a third gen male prize stair, but second choice would be another pink holiday.

I could breed you a third gen silver tin x red copper stair or silver tin x waterhorse stair if either one of those appeals to you as a mate.

@Seahorse: This is the only quote lineage I've ever done, but I'll try to answer you as best as I can (and hopefully someone else will come along and answer you better, too!).

"What's an easy (likes to actually produce eggs laugh.gif) & nice-looking breed to make a PB song-lyric lineage from?"

I'd say commons are usually a pretty safe bet for reliably getting eggs, especially newer breeds, which come with the added bonus of helping adjust some of those super-commons' ratios. As for what looks good, that's entirely subjective! Personally, I prefer breeds with dimorphism for a PB, but I know there are others who are just fine without it. Something else you could consider is if there are any breeds that you feel "represent" the song in some way, maybe the lyrics or the general tone or even the artist.

"Also, for doing song lineages, how many words would you suggest per dragon name? How can you work out how many CB pairs you need to start with?"

I'm sure there are easier ways to work this sort of stuff out, but I typed it into MS Word then split it up according to character count, without splitting words. So at every 32 characters I'd go backwards to put a line break at the nearest complete word. (I can already tell that doesn't make much sense, sorry!) This should establish the minimum number of dragons required/ to make the lineage, after which you can see how many gens it'll need and then you can start making those max-32-character sections smaller and spreading the lyrics out more (because I'm assuming the sections won't perfectly add up to a correct number of dragons so there'll be more space). In a 4G there are a total of 15 dragons, of which 8 are CBs; in a 5G there are 31 dragons, of which 16 are CBs; in a 6G there are 63 dragons, of which 32 are CBs.

Edit: re-read what I'd written and a much easier method became apparent. First, stick those lyrics in something like MS Word where you can count the characters. There are a maximum of 32 characters per name, which makes: 465 characters in a 4G; 992 characters in a 5G; and 2,016 characters in a 6G. Hey presto, you're done! This isn't quite exact because of varying spaces and adding or removing punctuation, but it should give a pretty good estimate!

"Also, what would you do if the chorus repeats itself throughout the song?"

Multiple spaces are your friend! Putting in more than one space between words is completely invisible in lineage view and allows you to have two or more dragons with the same line as their name. You can also split the line differently, so one pair could be "Oh my flowers" & "are so very pretty" and another "Oh my flowers are" & "so very pretty" (this is probably not an actual song).

Edit 2: an extra tip I meant to mention is to not give them names until the lineage is done, because otherwise if there's a refusal you'll have to move all those names around, and then do it again if there's another one, and so on xd.png.

I hope this has in some way helped you!

@Ninetails: Like The Dragoness suggested, a Black could work. I was also wondering if a Monarch might look good there since it matches the Sweetling's pose a little better than the Black, or maybe even a Dark Lumina.

@The Dragoness: My first thought was to mirror it, as Sock suggested, but carrying it on with another Valentine's CB or using the two Aegis sprites also seem like good ideas to me smile.gif.

Edited by Alectrona

I want to make a new personal lineage project with royal blues. So i did some plans to see which pairings are good. But now i can't decide. Which one should i pick?

Plans

I want to make a new personal lineage project with royal blues. So i did some plans to see which pairings are good. But now i can't decide. Which one should i pick?

Plans

Of the ones you have there, I prefer the Moonstone. But my favorite of all time is one I did with Royal Crimsons.

Plans

Sorry, but i only can reduce it to two options:

Sunset and Azure Glacewing

Plans

Personally, I really like the contrast with the Sunstone.

We all seem to be suggesting different things! Maybe you should leave it for now, then come back and see if any of them stand out to you more tomorrow smile.gif.

Plans

Sunset or candelabra. Seems everyone either wants blue-red contrast or similar colors.

By the way, if you choose cassare, I can help with half the lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/JdoFS