Saartje

Lineage Advice

I forgot to use fertility this last breeding run I did thank you for the reminder and the advice. I hope to be able to gift these at a good generation soon but I know that's a lofty goal

What would be a good mate for my 2G Arsani from Desipis Spriter's alt?  I'm looking for a 2G mate to form an evengen, which I can breed her with until Halloween when I can make a checker.  It might also be nice to have a pairing that can produce outside of holiday season... this is my only 2G from an alt so I want to spread the love!

@Seahorse I think Green Nebula x Arsani would look great, but of course it's a bit difficult because there'll be lots of colorfails.

image.png.49a42f6b642313379be7fcaf3fef907f.png

An easier way to make a "faux checker" would be with Alpine Zyumorphs, or maybe green Fire Gems:

image.png.7dbae8373c9e31c471d37efc16eabc8c.png  image.png.1594fcb24c8dd8cfa9776601f37024c3.png

Or try a "mirror". I'm not sure what the best breed for mirroring Arsanis is though - we have lots of pink dragons, but none that really match the Arsanis. (Options: Spinel? Sunrise? Flamingo? Speckle-Throated? Maybe even Thalassa?)

image.png.3d069168af2be0fe107e416e63501ad9.png

On 16/04/2018 at 6:05 AM, Confused Cat said:

@Seahorse I think Green Nebula x Arsani would look great, but of course it's a bit difficult because there'll be lots of colorfails.

image.png.49a42f6b642313379be7fcaf3fef907f.png

An easier way to make a "faux checker" would be with Alpine Zyumorphs, or maybe green Fire Gems:

image.png.7dbae8373c9e31c471d37efc16eabc8c.png  image.png.1594fcb24c8dd8cfa9776601f37024c3.png

Or try a "mirror". I'm not sure what the best breed for mirroring Arsanis is though - we have lots of pink dragons, but none that really match the Arsanis. (Options: Spinel? Sunrise? Flamingo? Speckle-Throated? Maybe even Thalassa?)

image.png.3d069168af2be0fe107e416e63501ad9.png

Thank you for the advice! I actually really like the green neb lineage too, I might breed it and just pray for few miscolours! :) I just realised I have this mirror lineage which I could try to copy somehow so I can breed them together later.

I was redirected this page for an issue with my AP Prize, Snow Shimmerscale. Lovecats99 recommended alternating . I think I am going with that advice but am open to suggestions.

I have This pretty lady I would love to start a lineage with. Im think ALT blacks or even black Striped. There are loads of possibilities! TIA for suggestions and tips!

-V-

7 hours ago, VaydenStarless said:

I have This pretty lady I would love to start a lineage with. Im think ALT blacks or even black Striped. There are loads of possibilities! TIA for suggestions and tips!

Both of those do not exist as caveborns outside of TJ's own scroll.

If you want to go with something dark, maybe Dark Lumina, Spirit Ward, one of the Zyumorphs or Cavern Lurker might look good?

Or for some contrast, a Freckled mate?

As for https://dragcave.net/lineage/h55FO, alternating is probably the way to go. Alternatively, you could mate her with another Prize of the same generation, but with swapped genders throughout. That would end the stair/wave shape though and turn it into an arrowhead.

Yes, I would start with CB parents either black or striped and breed until I got a proper gendered mate of chosen color or appearance. Dark Lumina would be very pretty.

I have no Cavern Lurkers but that would be lovely too. Or any number of the halloween releases. Maybe Embers? Maybe king crowned or silver prize dragons.

Black Tea produces only white Stripeds, sadly. So Black would probably be the way to go for that colour scheme.

Old Halloween dragons can likely be acquired during the next Halloween season again, in a special Halloween biome.

Silver Lunar Herald?

Or even the violet lunar heralds! I really like the look of the monarchs, maybe I can do both somehow lol

I'd love suggestions for a mate for a Gold Shimmer-scale, with my only requirement that the mate be from the holiday dragons only. My current gold shimmer is male, but I'll probably eventually get a female so I'll need a mate for her too.

Congrats on your shiny! :D

Personally, I think your Snow Angel or your Garland would accompany your Shimmer's beauty without taking too much attention away from him.

And Heartstealing makes for a rather popping lineage with Gold Shimmer - my favourite, actually!

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Congrats on your shiny! :D

Personally, I think your Snow Angel or your Garland would accompany your Shimmer's beauty without taking too much attention away from him.

And Heartstealing makes for a rather popping lineage with Gold Shimmer - my favourite, actually!

Thanks! :D It was a very nice and unexpected birthday gift to get a day early.

I was thinking Snow Angel or Garland myself, actually. The latter especially looks quite nice. I can see what you mean about Heartstealing being rather dramatic, though I might save that for a silver shimmer.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

What kind of lineage would you suggest for breeds that come in three variants (Fire Gem, Gemshard, Copper, Lunar Herald)? The least messy-looking pattern I could come up with so far is a stair like this example, but I haven't found a good pattern for even gen yet. 

14 minutes ago, dustpuppy said:

What kind of lineage would you suggest for breeds that come in three variants (Fire Gem, Gemshard, Copper, Lunar Herald)? The least messy-looking pattern I could come up with so far is a stair like this example, but I haven't found a good pattern for even gen yet. 

Making lines with three variants isn't really my speciality but here are some suggestions:

Mixing em up in an EG line:

image.png.1916937325f9da770a0a46e2e74763fa.png  image.png.bff0dbc7161eac5316b0866ebc4d50c2.png

Placing them in a heart-shaped line:

image.png.f49dc73e519120a8214221b6c4519bb3.png  image.png.016172584e2f307f8edca784c1c6c72e.png

I haven't experimented with this format a whole deal, though

Edited by lovecats99

You can double that with a lineage with the same shape. So you need four more 6th-gen. shimmer-scales, which will be the grandparents to the (male) mate of Darling.

Not sure if this goes in here or in the Help Section, I'm guessing here really so here it goes.

So I want to start a group lineage, I have all set to begin, the name, the forms, rules, everything, I guess... Point is, I know life can be troublesome from time to time, it had already forced me to quite DC once (I have started anew this year with new scroll and all). Considering that I want this lineage to have its own account for if and when the time comes I that I can't continue in DC or have to leave for some time, the lineage can continue without having to worry about my absence.

So, I wanted to ask what are the conditions to be able to create an account for the lineage AND not have my personal account banned or warned in any form because of that? Also, side question: is there a way to lock a scroll? I want my old scroll locked so mods and people know I am not using it anymore, it is currently sync with an old email of mine, one that I don't use anymore. I haven't logged in on that scroll save for when I changed the email so any help with locking it/burn it/delete it would be very much appreciated.

Now if this is not the proper place to ask this I apologize and will make sure to move my question to the Help Section or whatever section is the appropiate for this. Thanks.

@Kaiserf11 The mods will only allow a lineage to have its own account once it is up and running and has been successful for a period of time (not sure how long). You may want to send a PM to @purpledragonclaw or @LadyLyzar to ask them for specifics.

As far as locking a scroll, as far as I know the only way to do that would be to send TJ a request to "burn" the old one, but really you should be okay as long as you never log into it.

@purplehaze well that makes sense. Will PM them to get more info about it so I have everything ready when the time comes. Thanks a lot!

And I guess I'll PM TJ then, I don't plan to log in to that scroll or anyhting, but I rather be sure its locked in some way to prevent any misunderstandings that can happen. And I have a lot of pretty lineages there so better lock that temptation lol

Again, thanks a lot!

Purplehaze is correct, typically a project account is granted once a lineage (or trading thread) project is so large it takes more than one person to manage it. You'll also need to have more than one member ready to manage the project account before you request it from us. Once you feel your lineage project needs a project account and you've got other members on board willing to help you maintain it you can send me or LadyLyzar a PM and we'll help you set it up!

31 minutes ago, Nandeenah said:

I'd like to do a spiral with seasonals but don't know what other dragon to use. Any ideas?

test3.jpg

Maybe another dragon with the Time element, too? You can do a different lunar herald variant. Is there anything you don't want to use?

You'd want something fairly neutral to go with all those colours - and in my view, also dark.

I know it sounds kind of weedy, but blacks woudl look good. (as in the little black dress that goes with everything !) Or Spirit Wards, Lurkers, maybe even Stones as they don't have dimorphism ?